HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Torts on with Michael Kay today @4:20

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-26-2011, 04:21 PM
  #26
Revelation
Reanimated
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 1,963
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by satrabyk View Post
I would hope that the case if they have hald a brain. Seriously what is this insane love for Prospal have on this board. He did absolutely nothing down the stretch, i dont care if he plays for free i wouldint want him wasting roster space. Feds i def want back also though.
23 points in 29 games coming off knee surgery is nothing? Sign me up for a big plate of nothing next year!

Revelation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 04:22 PM
  #27
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard
 
Wraparounds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,383
vCash: 500
Anywhere have a replay of the interview?

Wraparounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 04:22 PM
  #28
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash
 
BlueshirtBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 18,865
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by satrabyk View Post
I would hope that the case if they have hald a brain. Seriously what is this insane love for Prospal have on this board. He did absolutely nothing down the stretch, i dont care if he plays for free i wouldint want him wasting roster space. Feds i def want back also though.
He was actually one of our biggest contributers and best players down the stretch run.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 04:38 PM
  #29
truebluegoalie
Registered User
 
truebluegoalie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 2,239
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by satrabyk View Post
He did absolutely nothing down the stretch,
23pts in 29 games is hardly nothing.

truebluegoalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 04:44 PM
  #30
NYR94
Registered User
 
NYR94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 5,722
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to NYR94
I like Prospal but I don't know if he can stay healthy at this point for a full season. His point total this year was good considering he played fewer than 30 games, but can the Rangers reasonably expect him to produce at a similar pace over the course of a full season? And what will he have left in the spring? I get that Tortorella likes his enthusiasm and experience but he needs to be on the ice to help the team.

Fedotenko is the ex-Lightning player I'd like to see re-signed.

Flashback!

NYR94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 04:44 PM
  #31
Sticky Fingers
Registered User
 
Sticky Fingers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,527
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by satrabyk View Post
I would hope that the case if they have hald a brain. Seriously what is this insane love for Prospal have on this board. He did absolutely nothing down the stretch, i dont care if he plays for free i wouldint want him wasting roster space. Feds i def want back also though.
Reading that post makes me wonder if you watch any games at all? 23 points in 29 games right after coming back from surgery?

Sticky Fingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 04:45 PM
  #32
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,925
vCash: 500
Prospal put up near a ppg in his time, and without him we outright miss the playoffs.

So frankly, i'd be surprised if people weren't thinking twice about not offering him a contract.

__________________
"I have something better than proof: I have anecdotal evidence."
Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 04:53 PM
  #33
Loffen
Wen Kroy
 
Loffen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Soft euro
Posts: 17,415
vCash: 500
The biggest concern with Vinny is his knee. Imagine if we sign him and he ends up sitting out a huge chunk of the season again...

I love the guy too, but he comes with some risk.

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 05:07 PM
  #34
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash
 
BlueshirtBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 18,865
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR94 View Post
I like Prospal but I don't know if he can stay healthy at this point for a full season. His point total this year was good considering he played fewer than 30 games, but can the Rangers reasonably expect him to produce at a similar pace over the course of a full season? And what will he have left in the spring? I get that Tortorella likes his enthusiasm and experience but he needs to be on the ice to help the team.

Fedotenko is the ex-Lightning player I'd like to see re-signed.

Flashback!
Hilarious.

Glad Feds shoved the crow right down their ****ing throats.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 05:08 PM
  #35
beef 4 lunch
Registered User
 
beef 4 lunch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 239
vCash: 500
I wouldnt think Prospal would want a one year contract, would he?

beef 4 lunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 05:09 PM
  #36
beastly115
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 10,424
vCash: 500
I'd love to have Prospal back for like 1 yr 1.2M.

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 05:10 PM
  #37
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,925
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by beef 4 lunch View Post
I wouldnt think Prospal would want a one year contract, would he?
Guy has a chronic knee injury and is in the twilight of his career.

He doesn't really have much choice. Its likely one year or Europe.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 05:18 PM
  #38
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller
 
vipernsx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 6,521
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
I'm against Prospal coming back to be honest. Feds I definitely want back but Prospal I'm gonna pass on due to his knee and age. Just time to move on though if it's for a one year one million dollar deal I think I'd do it. If only we could put Prospal's brain in Wolski's body.
Would be nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Special View Post
No way Prospal can play 82, nevermind 82 plus.

I love the guy, but it's just not happening.
He's a UFA. Let him do what Forsberg or Sundin does. Sit out all season and try a comeback in February. Rangers can sign him to a prorated, 2.5m deal in February and he only plays the last 6-8 weeks of the season. It's the perfect scenario to add a veteran presence for that playoff push without giving up assets to do it. Perfect scenario!!!


Last edited by vipernsx: 04-26-2011 at 05:23 PM.
vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 05:21 PM
  #39
TreeSapLlama
Registered User
 
TreeSapLlama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Lethbridge, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 713
vCash: 500
I'd take Prospal over Christensen if its for one more year only.

TreeSapLlama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 05:22 PM
  #40
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller
 
vipernsx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 6,521
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by msg View Post
Sounds like Torts wants an offensive defensemen. He mentioned trying to acquire one twice during the interview when talking about improving the skill level of the team.

He lumped Vinny in with Drury. I dont think that is a ringing endorsement of bringing Prospal back. I think both will be gone.
No it was more like they asked about veteran leadership for next year and they asked about Chris Drury's role in that and Coach brought up Vinny Prospal towards the end as if he had a role in it. Not like lumping Drury and Prospal together, it wasn't in that context.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 05:26 PM
  #41
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,688
vCash: 500
What's the risk of bringing Prospal back for 1 more year at ~1.25 million?

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 05:28 PM
  #42
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard
 
Wraparounds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,383
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
What's the risk of bringing Prospal back for 1 more year at ~1.25 million?
We might not have 1.25 million in cap space to work with.

Wraparounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 05:38 PM
  #43
Loffen
Wen Kroy
 
Loffen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Soft euro
Posts: 17,415
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraparounds View Post
Anywhere have a replay of the interview?
http://espn.go.com/espnradio/player?...y=0&id=6432328

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraparounds View Post
We might not have 1.25 million in cap space to work with.
And his knee is ****ed. It would suck to sign him only to see him get injured again, which is a huge possibility... unfortunately.

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 05:38 PM
  #44
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,688
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraparounds View Post
We might not have 1.25 million in cap space to work with.
While that's true, you can always find a million if you really want to. I won't be heartbroken if he doesn't come back...but he's provided us a great value for his production and he has a great work ethic and enthusiasm that are certainly good for those around him.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 05:38 PM
  #45
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,688
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loffen View Post

And his knee is ****ed. It would suck to sign him only to see him get injured again, which is a huge possibility... unfortunately.
If his knee goes out they put him on LTIR and he costs us nothing. There's really very little risk.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 05:43 PM
  #46
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard
 
Wraparounds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,383
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loffen View Post
http://espn.go.com/espnradio/player?...y=0&id=6432328



And his knee is ****ed. It would suck to sign him only to see him get injured again, which is a huge possibility... unfortunately.
Clutch. I tried searching but it turned up nada. Thanks Loffen.

Wraparounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 05:43 PM
  #47
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck
 
NYRFAN218's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 12,047
vCash: 500
Sometimes it's better to move on from someone even if they have helped you out. Where is Prospal fitting exactly? I'm assuming this...

xxxxx - Richards - Gaborik
Dubinsky - Anisimov - Callahan
Fedotenko - Boyle - Prust
xxxx - Stepan - xxxx

That's who I think should be brought in and back along with who is basically guaranteed to be back. You still have Wolski, Avery, Boogaard, Christensen, and Drury to factor in. Let's just say only Avery is brought back in. Stick him on the 4th line (not saying this will be exact lines just putting names in slots.) Now you only have two spots left for two more wingers. You also have kids like Hagelin, Grachev, Kreider etc that will be trying to make the team. To me, it's a numbers thing and it's just time to move on considering how broken down he is.

NYRFAN218 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 05:53 PM
  #48
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,688
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
Sometimes it's better to move on from someone even if they have helped you out. Where is Prospal fitting exactly? I'm assuming this...

xxxxx - Richards - Gaborik
Dubinsky - Anisimov - Callahan
Fedotenko - Boyle - Prust
xxxx - Stepan - xxxx

That's who I think should be brought in and back along with who is basically guaranteed to be back. You still have Wolski, Avery, Boogaard, Christensen, and Drury to factor in. Let's just say only Avery is brought back in. Stick him on the 4th line (not saying this will be exact lines just putting names in slots.) Now you only have two spots left for two more wingers. You also have kids like Hagelin, Grachev, Kreider etc that will be trying to make the team. To me, it's a numbers thing and it's just time to move on considering how broken down he is.
I agree with that. If 1 rookie makes the team out of camp they still need to sign 1 UFA winger to round out the squad.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 05:59 PM
  #49
Loffen
Wen Kroy
 
Loffen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Soft euro
Posts: 17,415
vCash: 500
"He (Avery) was never a distraction"... Cancer, amirite?

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
If his knee goes out they put him on LTIR and he costs us nothing. There's really very little risk.
I don't know, there are other options out there, so maybe that's a way to go as well. It's tough.

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 06:03 PM
  #50
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,688
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loffen View Post
"He (Avery) was never a distraction"... Cancer, amirite?



I don't know, there are other options out there, so maybe that's a way to go as well. It's tough.
Like I said, I won't cry if he isn't brought back. Sometimes it's best to say thank you and move on. But on the other hand, he is a great role model and he plays for practically nothing.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:13 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.