HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Torts on with Michael Kay today @4:20

Old
04-26-2011, 07:05 PM
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard

vCash: 500
If you haven't listened yet, do so. Awesome interview.

Wraparounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 07:05 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by satrabyk View Post
Seriously what is this insane love for Prospal have on this board. He did absolutely nothing down the stretch, i dont care if he plays for free i wouldint want him wasting roster space. Feds i def want back also though.
Did you check the stat sheet? He scored 23 points in 29 games to close out the season since returning to our lineup. 6 points in the final 5 games of the season.... One could easily argue, without his added offensive contributions since his return, we may have just missed the playoffs...

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 08:05 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

i have no problem bringing vinny back on a 1 year deal. but expecting him to play with gaby getting first line minutes is prolly asking way too much. hes good on the pp though, so i would like to see him there but keep his 5 on 5 minutes reasonable.

i do not want any part of capt Q. he must be bought out.

i do want sean avery back though. im an avery fan. i would give avery richards and gaborik a go. i think that would be a very solid line.

even though i'll get flamed, i would love to see a line of wolski richards and gaborik at some point too.

offdacrossbar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 08:10 PM
Ail
k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
i have no problem bringing vinny back on a 1 year deal. but expecting him to play with gaby getting first line minutes is prolly asking way too much. hes good on the pp though, so i would like to see him there but keep his 5 on 5 minutes reasonable.

i do want sean avery back though. im an avery fan. i would give avery richards and gaborik a go. i think that would be a very solid line.

even though i'll get flamed, i would love to see a line of wolski richards and gaborik at some point too.
I think it would be worth a look as well. Wolski is overpaid, yes, but he has skill and would benefit for being on a skill line with two players that are generally more defensively responsible. I think they could make noise.

rip
Ail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 08:11 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
Quote:

Actually in theory, that could be an awesome first line. Its saturated with talent. The only detriment is obviously Wolski's disappearing act.

Bob Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 08:53 PM
beastly115

Quote:

I think Avery on that line would be awesome. Some of the best lines in hockey are a grinder - playmaker - sniper. Think of the Lucic - Savard - Kessel mold. We could probably even put Dubinsky in that LW spot.

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 08:55 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

I continue to have reservations about putting a 3 goal scorer on the top line all year.

Put Dubinsky, Prospal, or Christensen on that wing.

04-26-2011, 08:57 PM
Janerixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaqup View Post
I think Avery on that line would be awesome. Some of the best lines in hockey are a grinder - playmaker - sniper. Think of the Lucic - Savard - Kessel mold. We could probably even put Dubinsky in that LW spot.
I would prefer to keep the pack line together and get a top tier LW. I could see Vinny being re-signed to play LW with Richards and Gaborik, but Avery is very good friends with Richards. It was reported that Richards was at the opening of Avery's bar in NYC and Avery loves passing so I could see an Avery-Richards-Gaborik line but ONLY if Avery decides to play like the Avery of the playoffs and old, not the Avery of the regular season.

Janerixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 09:14 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraparounds View Post
Where can we listen?

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 09:47 PM
turcotte8

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpNYR View Post
Where can we listen?
Link is on page 2 of this thread, post 43.

turcotte8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 10:02 PM
kovazub94
Enigmatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
I continue to have reservations about putting a 3 goal scorer on the top line all year.

Dubi - no because we need to keep the pack line intact, EC - no because he is not worthy. Prospal or Wolski - yes because of skill and / or chemistry. If both available the other goes to Stepan's wing. Avery is not skilled enough either but maybe a third or fourth option.

kovazub94 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 10:05 PM
levski87

All we need to do is get Vinny a tanning bed installed into the team jet. That'll cure all his aches. Gaborik needs more windex for his shoulder/groin/knee

levski87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 04:21 AM
eco's bones

To me Prospal and Fedotenko are both dependent on cost. Prospal is a year to year guy and Feds I'd have no problem giving him two years--but Prospal no more than 1.5 mil per. I might go a little higher with Fedotento but not much. We'd have to see how Prospal rehabs as well. Prospal is kind of comparable to when we had Shanahan. Need to carefully control his minutes but Vinny definitely helps us on the pwp. Feds is just a good all around two way player.

I can see buying out Wolski because we'd be freeing up lots of cap space and WW doesn't seem to me to fit in as a Tortorella kind of player. We wouldn't save very much with Avery and who knows Sean might decide to get his game back in a contract year. I'd be more inclined to hang on to him but again I don't really think Torts cares for him.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 01:49 PM
GregNYR19
agitator

Send a message via AIM to GregNYR19
brooks laich??

GregNYR19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 02:42 PM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraparounds View Post
Thanks for the tip. It was a good interview covering a lot of topics. Love his thoughts on the NYR press corps.

I also want to say that the EPSN radio player is brilliant. It's really nice to hear the podcast without downloading it and be linked to the interview without sorting through hours of a show. I've also watched a couple of races on ESPN3.com this year too and, overall, their online media interface is the best out there by a mile. It will be interesting to see how Versus, who has zero online infrastructure, responds when they become NBC Sports.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 04:13 PM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post

Why any of the three?

Dubinsky should be considered married to Callahan and Anisimov.

Prospal and Christensen with Gaborik? Saw that mess, next?

(edit, didn't see 21/27's post, sry for repeating)

I'm all for Avery Richards Gaborik

CHGoalie27 is offline   Reply With Quote