HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Notices

Canes signed Williams and Vrbata to another year.

Closed Thread

Old
08-12-2005, 11:03 AM
Caniac

vCash: 500
Canes signed Williams and Vrbata to another year.

Williams and Vrbata has sgn on for another year. I think this guys will have a breakout year playing with Stillman and Whitney. What do you think?

Old
08-12-2005, 11:16 AM
bleedgreen

vCash: 500
they both had good seasons, and are getting to the age where in terms of offense its time to start putting up. if kahnberg comes to camp (anyone know?) vrbata will have some compitition for his spot.
i think they both should be 20goal/40 pts guys this season, but a couple of things need to have improved. vrbata needs to go to the net instead of his going wide to make a play for someone else. he has a shot, but prefers to make passes, that'll have to change for 20 goals. williams isnt a natural scorer, imo - so hopefully a season in europe softened those hands a bit. he hustles enough to get in good scoring position and has the speed as well, his finishing is what generally lets him down - but i think he will come around.

i think your question will be part of the answer at the end of the season...as in why we either had a good season, or why the offense failed again and we're lottery bound. you know the fa's will bring what they should to a certain extent - but how our kids back them up will determine how far we go.

Closed Thread