HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bickell wrist surgery?

Old
04-26-2011, 10:11 AM
madgoat33

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Tough loss. Bickell has been a big part of this team all year. We wouldn't be in the playoffs without that goal he scored on Garon and wouldn't be in Game 7 without his 2 key goals (starting out the 7-2 win and the 4-3 OT game). He showed he's playoff warrior with his stellar performance with tendons hanging on by a thread. At least they hung on long enough for him to get that last goal.

I'd like to see:

Stalberg - Toews - Kane
Smith - Sharp - Hossa
Frolik - Bolland - Brouwer
KrŁger - Johnson - Pisani

I'd switch Kruger and Brouwer with depending on the situation and in game performance by both. With any kind of a lead, I'd put Kruger in that spot.
I'd rather see Dowell than Pisani. Dowell is way better physically, he can play C(sort of) and Pisani is just absolutely trash. He loses 99.9% of board battles and seems incapable of clearing the puck from his own zone. The only way Pisani should ever put on a hawks jersey again is if we have a 3-0 lead in the SCF and they want to give the old man some finals minutes to end his career.

madgoat33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 10:52 AM
BobbyJet
HFB Partner

I’m not sure why so many here are assuming Stalberg to be on the 1st line. I think if Q starts him there tonight it won’t last long if he and Toews start tripping over each other again. I’m not dissing either player, but they just don’t seem to mesh when it comes to creating offence. VS was solid playing bottom six and had more chances to contribute with a goal here and there, likely a direct result from playing against the other teams bottom 6.

BobbyJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 11:12 AM
madgoat33

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyJet View Post
Iím not sure why so many here are assuming Stalberg to be on the 1st line. I think if Q starts him there tonight it wonít last long if he and Toews start tripping over each other again. Iím not dissing either player, but they just donít seem to mesh when it comes to creating offence. VS was solid playing bottom six and had more chances to contribute with a goal here and there, likely a direct result from playing against the other teams bottom 6.
because who else do you put on the top line? Maybe kopecky if he's back, but Smith-Sharp-Hossa have been playing well together so it shouldn't be smith. Bolland and Frolik also look good together, so it shouldn't be frolik. Then there's Brouwer, but he's got a bum shoulder and I can't see him doing much for the top line right now. That really only leaves Kruger...

Old
04-26-2011, 11:35 AM
BobbyJet
HFB Partner

Sharp would be my choice. He hasnít sniped one for a while and now is the time for he and Jonny to do something special.

Old
04-26-2011, 12:38 PM
madgoat33

Quote:
Sharp would be my choice. He hasn’t sniped one for a while and now is the time for he and Jonny to do something special.
then you create a whole new problem with the second line. Who plays center? Moving sharp back up to the top line creates a similar to problem to what the canucks have now-their 2nd line center having to play a shutdown role and thus leaving the team with one scoring line and mediocre scoring depth.

Old
04-26-2011, 12:45 PM
BBSeabs27
#freeseabs

From what Jesse rogers blog says, brouwer is the expected back-up for bickell:

Stalberg-Toews-kane
smith-sharp-hossa
Frolik-bolland-brouwer
Kruger-johnson-pisani/dowell

BBSeabs27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 12:53 PM
digdug41982

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
I'd rather see Dowell than Pisani. Dowell is way better physically, he can play C(sort of) and Pisani is just absolutely trash. He loses 99.9% of board battles and seems incapable of clearing the puck from his own zone. The only way Pisani should ever put on a hawks jersey again is if we have a 3-0 lead in the SCF and they want to give the old man some finals minutes to end his career.
I could go either way. Dowell is the more sensible choice, but I feel Pisani at least has a chance of scoring and has played well against Vancouver. I'm a little concerned about the absense of Bickell's goal scoring. Someone from the bottom 6 has to step up tonight.

digdug41982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 12:57 PM
BBSeabs27
#freeseabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
I could go either way. Dowell is the more sensible choice, but I feel Pisani at least has a chance of scoring and has played well against Vancouver. I'm a little concerned about the absense of Bickell's goal scoring. Someone from the bottom 6 has to step up tonight.
Or how about Toews, kane or hossa?

Old
04-26-2011, 01:18 PM
digdug41982

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBSeabs27 View Post
Or how about Toews, kane or hossa?
Absolutely. I'm giving Toews the benefit of the doubt and penciling him in for at least 1 tonight. If he doesn't get one or setup some goals, it's an unacceptable performance from him. You could say the same about Kane. Hossa, with his two goals and overall strong play...I feel he's carried his weight. Obviously, we'd like more and he is a world class player, but Toews, Kane and Campbell are the only stars that didn't have a strong series. We need them to have their best games and someone unexpected to pot one too. I think 4 goals wins this game.

digdug41982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 01:28 PM
madgoat33

Kane played okay. He's got 6 points in 6 games, stepped up defensively and quite honestly, it looks like Toews held back his offensive production because all his ES points came when he was on the ice without Toews.

Old
04-26-2011, 05:16 PM
BobbyJet
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
then you create a whole new problem with the second line. Who plays center? Moving sharp back up to the top line creates a similar to problem to what the canucks have now-their 2nd line center having to play a shutdown role and thus leaving the team with one scoring line and mediocre scoring depth.
Yes, I know but we need Toews to produce. I think if he can bag one or set one up in the first we can re-think the 1st line in the 2nd period. I won't be surprised if Q at least spots Sharp there in an attempt to get some momentum for the line.

Old
04-26-2011, 05:41 PM
BBSeabs27
#freeseabs

Just for the record, I think Kane sucks defensively. His play is really sloppy to me and just doesn't have his usual hockey sense. Toews needs to produce, he needs an assist or something. Because one he gets that first goal, he is set to go and will become a scoring machine.

Old
04-26-2011, 05:58 PM
BobbyJet
HFB Partner

Kane is also our biggest offensive threat. He certainly showed a lot of hockey sense in setting up Bolland's goal last game.

Old
04-26-2011, 06:44 PM
MTP
I Love Shinpads

Send a message via AIM to MTP
Sucks to see Bickell out, he's been one of the best depth players this series.

MTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 08:19 PM
BBSeabs27
#freeseabs

Quote:
Kane is also our biggest offensive threat. He certainly showed a lot of hockey sense in setting up Bolland's goal last game.
Not saying he didn't have a good game last game, but throughout the end of the season and the first few games of this series, he was nowhere to be found.