HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Official 2011 NFL Thread (Are you ready for some Footbaaaaalllalllalll!!!!!) *Part I*

Closed Thread

Old
04-26-2011, 08:43 PM
NYRSchrute217

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
I'm not convinced that Vick can win a super bowl. I've had reservations about the fragile scramblers for a long time now.

Add that to the Eagles, who are notorious chokers, and you have a team that probably is due, but I will believe it when I see it.
Vick is a different QB under Reid. For whatever reason, Reid is able to make QB's who have struggled elsewhere, such as Vick as a pocket passer, into good players in this league. The guy was able to win a division with Jeff Garcia at the helm.

They also made the playoffs 8 out of 10 years. They have to win a SB eventually. Still doesn't change the fact that I believe Reid is amongst the worst gameday coaches in the league, although is at the top of the talent evaluators and mentors.

Old
04-26-2011, 08:47 PM
twistedwrister17
Custom User Title

vCash: 1120
If there is indeed a season can we have a separate jets and giants threads? It's annoying when your a jets fan and your team is getting trashed in its own thread...

Old
04-26-2011, 08:48 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Or, you can not trash either team.

This is a thread for both fan bases to post in. If you want to talk ****, do it somewhere else. I don't know why you need to be reminded of this so frequently, Mr. Trolling Extraordinaire.

Things got ridiculous last season, and we're not going to have that again this year. We won't close the thread, we'll just thread ban everyone that's acting like a child.

Consider yourselves warned, fans of both teams.
One legitimate question: Are we then not allowed to bring up anything remotely controversial from either team? It's going to get heated either way you look at it, I think. 10 years ago, you'd have nothing but friendly banter back and forth. I think we can ease up on it a bit, but sweeping things under the rug wouldn't be the right way to go about it, either. Baseless bashing, sure. Who even cares about that, other than to get a rise? I think this is a lot more nasty of a rivalry than, say, Mets and Yankees. Those two can co-exist fairly well in a single thread with no real crossover and heat back and forth.

I tend to second the vote for separate threads. What's one more sports thread when we have a million OT threads going on all the time? At least it would be a legitimate sports thread.

"Okay, Joel. You've had your fun. Give your brother his pads back." - Trxjw
Old
04-26-2011, 08:50 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
I'm not convinced that Vick can win a super bowl. I've had reservations about the fragile scramblers for a long time now.

Add that to the Eagles, who are notorious chokers, and you have a team that probably is due, but I will believe it when I see it.
Vick will never win a Super Bowl as a starting QB.

Old
04-26-2011, 08:50 PM
Section 409
FANATIC

Quote:

I agree with you.

Vick has been overrated his entire career. After the Giants played the Eagles in week 15 everyone did what the Giants did in terms of defensive scheme against the Eagles. I attribute the comeback they made more to being caught napping than anything. When they played good defenses at the end of last season they were just not scoring.

Old
04-26-2011, 08:51 PM
NYR Viper

Does saying I HATE the Dallas Cowboys count as bashing? Because that could be rough....

Old
04-26-2011, 08:53 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
One legitimate question: Are we then not allowed to bring up anything remotely controversial from either team? It's going to get heated either way you look at it, I think. 10 years ago, you'd have nothing but friendly banter back and forth. I think we can ease up on it a bit, but sweeping things under the rug wouldn't be the right way to go about it, either.
Yeah, Jon, I think you can ease up on it a bit.

I'm not asking anyone to sweep anything under the rug. If you honestly don't know how to discuss these things without constantly referring to the Jets as pathetic (among other things), then I don't know what to tell you.

No, there's absolutely no need to have two threads. Do we need a separate thread for Yankees and Mets? No. Even when we have the Yankees GM criticizing the Mets and vice versa, we're able to discuss it as adults. There's no reason it can't be done in here.

Post like adults, or you won't be allowed to post in here. It's simple. You should all be able to figure out what it means to post like an adult. If not, tough ****.

End of this discussion. I'm a bit pissed that we're not even to May and we're already having it again.

It's just pain.
Old
04-26-2011, 08:56 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

The Eagles as a whole are very overrated. Losing to them the way we did last season was so disappointing.

Old
04-26-2011, 08:58 PM
SomebodySaveKreider

So the Giants during this lockout pay their staff and allow the players to come work out regardless of the lockout, and yet I got DESTROYED for calling them a class organization.

Vindication is a nice nice feeling.

Also, Rex saying that about the Giants is laughable, especially considering the unpredictability of the NFL. Making the AFC Championship 2 games in a row is impressive, no doubt about it, but that doesn't mean your gonna be there next year, nor are you entitled to making it. Hell, for all we know, the Jets don't even make the playoffs next year.

He should worry about the team up north thats ready to add a bunch of Top 100 players to their team.

Old
04-26-2011, 08:58 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
End of this discussion. I'm a bit pissed that we're not even to May and we're already having it again.
That's what happens, unfortunately, when we have two local franchises that are complete and polar opposites. Would be like the Devils and Rangers sharing a thread on some other board, ya know? Should be a fun season to try this again

Old
04-26-2011, 08:59 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
I'm still worried about this 'act of throwing the ball' potential rule for hitting the QB. Anyone know what the story is with that?

04-26-2011, 09:00 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Does saying I HATE the Dallas Cowboys count as bashing? Because that could be rough....
Screw that. The only franchises that should be let up on are the green and the blue. Everyone else can rot in hell.

Old
Section 409
FANATIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
The Eagles as a whole are very overrated. Losing to them the way we did last season was so disappointing.
As much as it pains me to say it, outside of Vick, I just can't agree.

Good thing is, in the NFL these days you win by having an elite level QB which they do not have.

Old
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
I'm still worried about this 'act of throwing the ball' potential rule for hitting the QB. Anyone know what the story is with that?
A lot of it was debunked over on the football board. Apparently it is not as it sounds.

Old
04-26-2011, 09:01 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Section 409 View Post
As much as it pains me to say it, outside of Vick, I just can't agree.

Good thing is, in the NFL these days you win by having an elite level QB which they do not have.
Agreed. The Iggles are LETHAL at times. They have their holes and are very beatable, but when they are firing on all cylinders, they are one of the best teams in the league.

Old
04-26-2011, 09:03 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Actually, it's a rule that you must trash the Cowboys to post in this thread.

Old
04-26-2011, 09:05 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
And the Pats. I hope.

Old
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
Detest the fact that every year it seems that "America's team" is picked to win.

Romo was being hyped as the next Aikman before he even was the starting Quarterback.

Old
NYGRYK21
American Ambassador

Quote:
Done and done. Hoping they pass on Tyron Smith and he falls to 19 but that's a pipedream.

Old
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Detest the fact that every year it seems that "America's team" is picked to win.

Romo was being hyped as the next Aikman before he even was the starting Quarterback.
Every year they are picked to win is a year I know they won't win it. Once they aren't picked to win I will start to worry.

Old
04-26-2011, 09:06 PM
NYRSchrute217

Quote:
Vick will never win a Super Bowl as a starting QB.
Based on what? Philly has the surrounding talent offensively

Quote:
Originally Posted by Section 409 View Post
I agree with you.

Vick has been overrated his entire career. After the Giants played the Eagles in week 15 everyone did what the Giants did in terms of defensive scheme against the Eagles. I attribute the comeback they made more to being caught napping than anything. When they played good defenses at the end of last season they were just not scoring.
The Eagles completely laid an egg against the Vikings, sure. They played their 2nd and 3rd stringers against the Cowboys because they had the third seed wrapped up. GB outplayed them in the WC Round, but again the Eagles were close to beating them at the end. That's an unfair statement. The Eagles also had an extremely banged up Offensive Line, which isn't even good when healthy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Again, based on what?

Old
04-26-2011, 09:06 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by henrik4vezina30 View Post
Done and done. Hoping they pass on Tyron Smith and he falls to 19 but that's a pipedream.
Jerry Jones has no clue how to build an OL, so I would not be shocked if he goes WR or RB up there.

Old
04-26-2011, 09:08 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRSchrute217 View Post
Based on what? Philly has the surrounding talent offensively
Because he is not the type of QB you will ever see leading a team to a SB victory. I really don't remember any QB who was remotely like him winning a SB. I don't think he's smart enough to win one, first and foremost. I also don't think he'll ever stay healthy enough to be a major factor deep in the playoffs. He takes an absolute POUNDING.

Old
04-26-2011, 09:08 PM
NYGRYK21
American Ambassador

Quote:
Jerry Jones has no clue how to build an OL, so I would not be shocked if he goes WR or RB up there.
Yeah but all of the latest mocks have Smith going at 9 but we'll see. Imagine he takes Ingram.

Old
04-26-2011, 09:10 PM
twistedwrister17
Custom User Title

vCash: 1120
Quote:
And the Pats. I hope.

Yep lol

Closed Thread