SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

vCash: 500
Fort Wayne Komets GM David Franke Blasts The CHL, Rapid City

http://fwnextweb1.fortwayne.com/ns/s...=6683#comments

Commissioner Duane Lewis responds:

http://www.news-sentinel.com/apps/pb...104230316/1002

Quote:
CHL Commissioner Duane Lewis released a statement late Friday night.

“The discipline to players does not always match the length of time the player is injured, in any league,” Lewis said. “The issue here is that the player violated Rule 48 with primary contact to the head in a lateral/blindside check, and it clearly caused injury and received an automatic suspension. The injured player missed almost the entire length of game 2 and all of game 3. The injury factor is a part of the disciplinary process outlined to all teams prior to the season, but is not the sole reason for discipline.

“Had the player not been injured, based upon the fact that the Fort Wayne player violated Rule 48 implemented into professional hockey this season, a suspension was still clearly going to be issued, and any missed time from such a hit, in this case 2 games, means the player was injured due to this improper hit and typically a longer suspension is warranted as in the 3 games issued in this instance. Obviously in the timeframe that disciplinary measures need to be taken, you rarely know the extent of the injury sustained. We understand emotions run high in the playoffs, and understand frustration by any club, but we believe too much emphasis in this instance has been placed upon length of time missed by a player over the fact that any injury occurred.”
Well gee, anybody I know would WANT to play, yeah David Franke i'm sure he just willingly faked being hurt so he could miss basically 2 games...

SFTC Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 08:55 PM
billycanuck

I think David may have said a little too much, but I have yet to see the hit, so I will not comment too much.

The feeling I get from this is David has not been happy with the league all season and it is coming to a head now. Possibility of leaving the league? I'd say it's on his mind.

billycanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 09:03 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by billycanuck View Post
I think David may have said a little too much, but I have yet to see the hit, so I will not comment too much.

The feeling I get from this is David has not been happy with the league all season and it is coming to a head now. Possibility of leaving the league? I'd say it's on his mind.
I read that on another board that the concensous seems to be they might be leaving. I can't say i'm shocked. I think they have the pipedream of reviving another IHL type joke. The whole thing between the IHL and CHL teams was a 2 year agreement. Many of the IHL teams are on no secret shaky grounds financially, then you have that whole agreement that expires this summer, if there is no agreement there won't be a CHL. It all does add up to make sense.

Old
04-27-2011, 07:45 AM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Interesting read right here:

http://insidedakotasports.com/komets...sible-comments

Reading between the lines I think no matter what Fort Wayne is leaving the CHL for something, whether it be the ECHL, AHL or another IHL joke.