HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

2011 WCSF -Round 2- (5) Nashville Predators 2 vs. (1) Vancouver Canucks 4

Closed Thread

Old
04-27-2011, 04:51 AM
Aquiace
The Goggles!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruel11 View Post
I feel for you Preds fans. First Ducks fans and now, Canucks fans.

Jumping on your bandwagon!
There are the trolls, but there is also a tremendous amount of respect for Nashville and its fans in Vancouver.

I hope it stays that way too, because I've almost never had a bad experience with a Preds fan. That's part of the reason they are one of the teams that I've rooted for.

Old
04-27-2011, 04:55 AM
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquiace View Post
There are the trolls, but there is also a tremendous amount of respect for Nashville and its fans in Vancouver.

I hope it stays that way too, because I've almost never had a bad experience with a Preds fan. That's part of the reason they are one of the teams that I've rooted for.
Same here man, Never had any issues at all with preds fans. Always a respectful bunch, I don't see much ill will with our fanbases at all. Except maybe a few comments on the style of play.

Either or, this should be a great series, with two fanbases who don't absolutely have a pure hatred to eachother lol.

But I will try my best.

Hey preds......Carrie Underwood is actually a man.

PS - My above statement is incorrect, she is indeed a woman, and very sexy as well.

Last edited by Lucbourdon: 04-27-2011 at 05:10 AM.
Old
04-27-2011, 07:22 AM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

I absolutely HATE the Canucks, their fans, pretty much everything about them. This is going to be no easy series... I just hope we find a way to pull it off. It would be the sweetest victory for me besides beating detroit in the conference finals!

Old
04-27-2011, 07:47 AM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by predwings View Post
Luongo looked to gain his form back in that game sadly.
I hate to say this but I saw no evidence that Luongo was a bad goalie in game 5, 6 or 7. Despite the goals he gave up in 5, none were his fault or should have been saved (2 clean wristers by Hossa from 15-20 feet out that were very well place and 2 shots through traffic, one of which was deflected).

With Vancouver appearing to have solved their terrible defensive lapses (the real reason for giving up a 3 game lead on CHI, not Luongo), they are an intimidating opponent. I think it's going to take a nice combination of luck (i.e. when the Preds get chances like Hossa got in game 5, we are going to need to have amazing shot placement), defensive awareness (please no repeats of the Preds game 5) and discipline.

Old
04-27-2011, 07:50 AM
Suter x 20

Ugh, the nucks ?

I'm nervous about this one...let's hope Hamuis forgets which team he plays for more than once again, hmm?

Old
04-27-2011, 07:58 AM
Stranger

Yikes.

Really tough matchup (but who wouldn't be). The Predators aren't going to be able to score like they did against Anaheim, which hid some problems in our own zone and goaltending. The Nucks are a different beast than Anaheim: They have 4 lines, deep defense and great goaltending. Basically everything we exposed on the Ducks is probably going to be covered up by the Canucks.

I see the Canucks being stronger after that game 7 series, much like our scare to Chicago last year.

Old
04-27-2011, 08:07 AM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catch View Post
The Sedins are going to have a great round 2. The Hawks have played 29 games vs the Canucks inthe last 3 years. They have the Twins figured out..and they were still able to put up almost ppg points. I think that they will be really effective but Vancouvers depth up front probably wont be as big a factor as it was vs Chicago.
Chicago couldnt deal with us throwing out 4 good lines. Depth guys like Samuelsson Burrows Higgins Raymond Hansen made it hard for Chitown to match. These guys wont be as usefull vs the Preds team defense approach imho.
]
The Canucks D are A LOT deeper and better than the Ducks. Canucks hit a lot too. Totally out hit the hawks. Those are the two biggest differences between the Nucks and Ducks....

I look forward to this series. Good luck guys
Do the 'Hawks really have the Sedins number? During those 29 games, didn't the Sedins combine for 2PPG, which is only slightly off their regular season averages for that entire 3 year period? And that below average performance has very little to do with having someone's number, per se, or being in someone's head, as I've heard mentioned, and more to do with the Hawks defense being better, likely by a fair margin overall, than the 'Nucks divisional rivals, which would make it seem like the Sedins are struggling when in reality, they are just facing a better quality defensive opponent than they face in the majority of their games?

Old
04-27-2011, 08:09 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
Yikes.

Really tough matchup (but who wouldn't be). The Predators aren't going to be able to score like they did against Anaheim, which hid some problems in our own zone and goaltending. The Nucks are a different beast than Anaheim: They have 4 lines, deep defense and great goaltending. Basically everything we exposed on the Ducks is probably going to be covered up by the Canucks.

I see the Canucks being stronger after that game 7 series, much like our scare to Chicago last year.
I think that we won't have as easy of a time scoring, but I'm also less scared of Vancouver's top two lines than I was of Anaheim's. It's not to say that they don't have firepower, but stylistically we do a pretty good job of shutting "skill" lines down. I expect to see considerably lower scores than the 4-3's we saw all series, in the first round.

All in all, like you say, it would be a tough series no matter who we played, but I do think it's winnable, if we play it properly.

Old
04-27-2011, 08:24 AM
Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
I think that we won't have as easy of a time scoring, but I'm also less scared of Vancouver's top two lines than I was of Anaheim's. It's not to say that they don't have firepower, but stylistically we do a pretty good job of shutting "skill" lines down. I expect to see considerably lower scores than the 4-3's we saw all series, in the first round.

All in all, like you say, it would be a tough series no matter who we played, but I do think it's winnable, if we play it properly.
I agree, I think this series will be back towards the middle. I don't think we'll give up as many but I also don't think we'll score as many either. I think our offense comes down to earth but Rinne and the defense really pick it up. Alot of 2-1 3-2 games IMO.

Old
04-27-2011, 08:29 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Also, my bold prediction will match my bold prediction for round 1:

If Nashville earns at least a split in the first two in Vancouver, they'll win the series. Just my opinion.

Old
04-27-2011, 08:31 AM
Firestorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
Yikes.

The Chicago series made it painfully aware to the Canucks that they do not have 4 lines.

Old
04-27-2011, 08:52 AM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan24 View Post
You know we are going to be criminally underrated for this series. No one is going to give us a chance. Keith Jones still likes us.
Not by Canuck fans. The Vancouver media might start drawing up parade routes and our mayor might declare "Vancouver Canucks Day" if we aren't losing after the first period of Game 1, however. [facepalm]

Really excited to play you guys. To me you represent the antithesis of the Blackhawks, as an opponent. The Blackhawks are a free wheeling offensive team, and the Preds are a hard checking, hugely defensively savvy bunch.

Both teams got over a big hump in the first round; Nashville finally escaping the 1st round, and Vancouver finally getting past the Blackhawks.

Whatever happens, here's hoping for a good series. Best of luck, Preds fans!

Old
04-27-2011, 09:01 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Get ready for the dives. Henrik, Daniel, and Burrows all buy into the theater business and have for years.

Vancouver is the best team in the league. They are the most complete team in the league. We can beat them. We have always played Vancouver teams well. We proved that again this year. If we are able to play disciplined, our style of play can and will neutralize them. With that said, they are going to pound the boards, crash the net, and make us fight for everything.

04-27-2011, 09:18 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Cellblock 303 says that gold t-shirts will be given out at the first two home games back in Nashville, players wanted a "gold out"

Old
04-27-2011, 09:26 AM
jderick81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucbourdon View Post
Hey preds......Carrie Underwood is actually a man.

I think the rest of the world would be more devistated by that than we would be...
well at least more than I would be.

She's pretty hot, but I go to the game to watch Hockey

Old
04-27-2011, 09:28 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Cellblock 303 says that gold t-shirts will be given out at the first two home games back in Nashville, players wanted a "gold out"
I'm serious, really serious when I say: I would love to get my hands on one of these shirts. I'll help pay for shipping and everything.

Old
04-27-2011, 09:31 AM
FlexinMyPeks
Impekkable

Quote:
I think it will look good on tv. I can't wait to get my shirts!

Old
Traded Legwand
Vote for Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmade View Post
I'm serious, really serious when I say: I would love to get my hands on one of these shirts. I'll help pay for shipping and everything.
I'll try to snag an extra for you. I wonder if you could contact the Preds and have them ship one to you?

They might even get the team to sign it?

Old
FlexinMyPeks
Impekkable

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmade View Post
I'll send you one of mine that I get. Thats a promise.

Old
04-27-2011, 09:49 AM
token grinder

i don't fear the sedins as much as I do Kesler/ Esp since burrows played on his wing a good portion of the time. I would rather have klein/blum chase the sedins and their wing rather than weber suter.

Old
04-27-2011, 09:50 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Shouldn't it be called a 'Gold rush' then?

Old
04-27-2011, 10:12 AM
Stranger

Quote:
Hopefully everyone actually puts them on. Hasn't the team tried somewhat of white outs and no one puts them on?

Old
04-27-2011, 10:20 AM
Traded Legwand
Vote for Weber

my whatifsports.com simulation of the series:

Game 1
Period 1
3:54 10-11 Canucks Goal scored by Kevin Bieksa assisted by Alexandre Burrows and Henrik Sedin 10-11 Canucks 1-0
4:08 NashvillePr Goal scored by Shea Weber Game tied 1-1
10:37 10-11 Canucks Goal scored by Mikael Samuelsson assisted by Christian Ehrhoff and Ryan Kesler 10-11 Canucks 2-1

Period 2
18:54 NashvillePr 2 minute penalty on Steve Sullivan for holding NashvillePr 1-2

Period 3
No scoring

Game 2
Period 1
1:03 NashvillePr Goal scored by Shea Weber assisted by David Legwand NashvillePr 1-0
10:53 10-11 Canucks 2 minute penalty on Henrik Sedin for elbowing 10-11 Canucks 0-1
10:58 NashvillePr Powerplay - Goal scored by Sergei Kostitsyn assisted by Shea Weber and Ryan Suter NashvillePr 2-0
18:37 NashvillePr Goal scored by Patric Hornqvist assisted by Ryan Suter and Shea Weber NashvillePr 3-0

Period 2
5:34 10-11 Canucks Goal scored by Alexandre Burrows assisted by Henrik Sedin and Keith Ballard 10-11 Canucks 1-3
7:40 10-11 Canucks Goal scored by Mikael Samuelsson assisted by Christian Ehrhoff and Kevin Bieksa 10-11 Canucks 2-3

Period 3
15:37 10-11 Canucks Goal scored by Ryan Kesler assisted by Daniel Sedin and Mikael Samuelsson Game tied 3-3
19:10 10-11 Canucks Goal scored by Alexandre Burrows assisted by Jannik Hansen 10-11 Canucks 4-3
19:43 10-11 Canucks Empty net goal scored by Christian Ehrhoff assisted by Henrik Sedin and Jannik Hansen
Pekka Rinne returns to the net.

Game 3
Period 1
1:06 10-11 Canucks Goal scored by Henrik Sedin assisted by Kevin Bieksa and Christian Ehrhoff 10-11 Canucks 1-0
14:45 10-11 Canucks 2 minute penalty on Christian Ehrhoff for charging 10-11 Canucks 1-0

Period 2
8:13 10-11 Canucks Goal scored by Alexandre Burrows assisted by Dan Hamhuis and Henrik Sedin 10-11 Canucks 2-0
11:01 NashvillePr Goal scored by Patric Hornqvist assisted by Sergei Kostitsyn NashvillePr 1-2

Period 3
12:08 10-11 Canucks 2 minute penalty on Keith Ballard for roughing
2 minute coincidental penalty on Joel Ward (NashvillePr) for roughing 10-11 Canucks 2-1
17:42 NashvillePr Goal scored by Mike Fisher assisted by Sergei Kostitsyn and Jonathon Blum Game tied 2-2

Period OT1
0:36 10-11 Canucks Goal scored by Christian Ehrhoff assisted by Ryan Kesler and Mikael Samuelsson 10-11 Canucks 3-2

Game 4
Period 1
5:01 10-11 Canucks 2 minute penalty on Keith Ballard for roughing Game tied 0-0
12:47 NashvillePr 2 minute penalty on Mike Fisher for cross check Game tied 0-0

Period 2
3:04 NashvillePr Goal scored by Patric Hornqvist assisted by Sergei Kostitsyn and Shane O'Brien NashvillePr 1-0
19:33 10-11 Canucks 2 minute penalty on Dan Hamhuis for cross check 10-11 Canucks 0-1

Period 3
5:50 NashvillePr Goal scored by Sergei Kostitsyn assisted by Patric Hornqvist NashvillePr 2-0
8:50 10-11 Canucks Goal scored by Alexandre Burrows assisted by Henrik Sedin and Aaron Rome 10-11 Canucks 1-2
12:10 NashvillePr 2 minute penalty on Kevin Klein for roughing NashvillePr 2-1
17:16 NashvillePr 2 minute penalty on Patric Hornqvist for hooking NashvillePr 2-1
19:10 NashvillePr Shorthanded - Empty net goal scored by Colin Wilson assisted by Jonathon Blum and Nick Spaling
Roberto Luongo returns to the net.

Game 5
Period 1
15:39 NashvillePr 2 minute penalty on Shea Weber for high sticking Game tied 0-0
17:59 NashvillePr Goal scored by Patric Hornqvist assisted by Mike Fisher and Sergei Kostitsyn NashvillePr 1-0
19:04 10-11 Canucks 2 minute penalty on Christian Ehrhoff for unsportsmanlike conduct 10-11 Canucks 0-1
19:33 NashvillePr Powerplay - Goal scored by Sergei Kostitsyn assisted by Ryan Suter and Jerred Smithson NashvillePr 2-0

Period 2
6:04 10-11 Canucks 2 minute penalty on Aaron Rome for boarding 10-11 Canucks 0-2
6:29 NashvillePr Powerplay - Jerred Smithson shoots and scores on the rebound assisted by Ryan Suter NashvillePr 3-0
9:39 NashvillePr 2 minute penalty on David Legwand for slashing NashvillePr 3-0

Period 3
No scoring

Game 6
Period 1
13:10 NashvillePr 2 minute penalty on Mike Fisher for elbowing Game tied 0-0
13:24 10-11 Canucks Powerplay - Goal scored by Ryan Kesler assisted by Daniel Sedin and Christian Ehrhoff 10-11 Canucks 1-0

Period 2
2:28 10-11 Canucks Goal scored by Raffi Torres assisted by Chris Higgins and Alexander Edler 10-11 Canucks 2-0
6:10 NashvillePr Goal scored by Steve Sullivan assisted by Martin Erat and Jonathon Blum NashvillePr 1-2

Period 3
12:03 NashvillePr 2 minute penalty on David Legwand for cross check

let's show the world that computers can be wrong!!!

Old
04-27-2011, 10:22 AM
predfan98

according to twitter and cellblock 303 ...NASHVILLE PREDATORS RECALL TEEMU LAAKSO AND CHET PICKARD FROM MILWAUKEE

http://www.section303.com/press-rele...admirals-10859

Old
04-27-2011, 10:23 AM
JussiM

Oh wow, gold shirts, they must be absolutely awesome! Hopefully there'll be pics quickly.

Edit: What, Pickard, why? Surprising, to say the least. Lots of riding the pine for Laakso coming up, barring injuries obviously.

Closed Thread