HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jeff Carter "sprained right knee" (April 26 update: could return in Rd. 2; post #87)

Old
04-22-2011, 03:05 AM
Totally Radivojevic

vCash: 500
No way that's a torn ACL. I would be shocked. It's usually non-contact knee injuries that result in tears.

Totally Radivojevic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 08:26 AM
Cartsiephan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HogtownSabresfan View Post
If you'd like to send Carter to Buffalo, we'll take him. You guys are harder on your team than Sabres fans are. OMG he's your top scorer.
Carter for Tyler and Miller, done and done.

Cartsiephan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 08:31 AM
Cartsiephan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshPrinceOfBriere View Post
No way that's a torn ACL. I would be shocked. It's usually non-contact knee injuries that result in tears.
Have not heard any reports but it looked like a hyperextended knee, obviously nothing official until they get the MRI report back, but agree the ACL/MCL tears(not sprains) usually occur in other types of non-contact or knees getting twisted under in awkward position.

Let's hope they can get through tonight and bring him back only if needed, RICE in the interim, and throw a brace on. I do not recall Carter ever having a previous knee injury, which is good news too. They need to bodies in the next round for certain.

Old
04-22-2011, 08:52 AM
KimiFerrari
Messi Is God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartsiephan View Post
Carter for Tyler and Miller, done and done.
Perfect, Honestly I'd throw in our next years 1st, to even the trade out. Now how do we get rid of Richards?

KimiFerrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 09:16 AM
Cartsiephan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimiFerrari View Post
Perfect, Honestly I'd throw in our next years 1st, to even the trade out. Now how do we get rid of Richards?
And you think my routine is old??

Old
04-22-2011, 09:39 AM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimiFerrari View Post
I'm sure someone out there is willing to take Richards off our hands. Nobody likes the guy.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 10:30 AM
Cartsiephan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
I'm sure someone out there is willing to take Richards off our hands. Nobody likes the guy.
Richie can take things into his own hands tonight, cannot lose this game, better be prepared.

Old
04-22-2011, 10:49 AM
KimiFerrari
Messi Is God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartsiephan View Post
And you think my routine is old??
What routine?

I have a very old routine as well. Its been 10+ years of waking up, drink tall glass of water, eat a bowl of cereal, washroom break, shower.

KimiFerrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 12:30 AM
decadentia

Any news on Carter? He ready for the next series?

decadentia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 01:05 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by decadentia View Post
Any news on Carter? He ready for the next series?
I doubt he's ready..besides like I've said we seem to do just fine without him and last year it was even more evident. Briere was a machine on faceoffs tonight so he's picked up the slack in that regard and then some. Now if another one of our centers/key players gets banged up it would be nice to have him be ok with his knee to step in for depth. Nice luxury if that were the case. Otherwise let him heal (which may be a while).

Update..discovered this from MSE

http://hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=3...&postcount=915

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 01:17 AM
Snipsnap12

Someone posted a tweet on the board tonight that carter expects to be back next round. Now assuming the he does come back which line does he step onto?

HBL line is an automatic cross out, and his old line with JVR and G has looked amazing with zherdev, their passing and chemistry has been wicked. I guess he would replace carcillo on the Richards line, but even that line started to gain some momentum. Logically carter would make them even better if he shows up.

Snipsnap12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 01:19 AM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

^ Yes, Tim P. had it among the post-game notes.

http://www.csnphilly.com/04/26/11/Fl...497&feedID=695

Quote:
Carter’s return
Jeff Carter said he was feeling a little better with badly sprained right knee. He said he feels he can return to play in the second round of the playoffs. Whether that is at the beginning remains to be seen.

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 01:22 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangecrush18 View Post
Someone posted a tweet on the board tonight that carter expects to be back next round. Now assuming the he does come back which line does he step onto?

HBL line is an automatic cross out, and his old line with JVR and G has looked amazing with zherdev, their passing and chemistry has been wicked. I guess he would replace carcillo on the Richards line, but even that line started to gain some momentum. Logically carter would make them even better if he shows up.
Carter is the epitome of a conundrum....I like the chemistry as is and it was similar last year. I wouldn't rush him and would just see how things play out. Nothing is broken right now as far as offense but obviously it's going to get harder so will need that depth.

Old
04-27-2011, 01:41 AM
46zone
Guttersnipe

Carter seemed to have good chemistry with Giroux and JVR, Giroux in particular, throughout the regular season during games 1 through 3 with Buffalo. Carter is a much better option on that line than Zherdev based off defensive play alone. Having Carter back is a huge upgrade; Lavi can throw out three scoring lines instead of two scoring lines plus one line with Carcillo.

If he's healthy then he plays. He's a very good player and one of the best on our team, you'd be a moron to think having him wouldn't make a difference.

46zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 01:51 AM
Snipsnap12

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46zone View Post
Carter seemed to have good chemistry with Giroux and JVR, Giroux in particular, throughout the regular season during games 1 through 3 with Buffalo. Carter is a much better option on that line than Zherdev based off defensive play alone. Having Carter back is a huge upgrade; Lavi can throw out three scoring lines instead of two scoring lines plus one line with Carcillo.

If he's healthy then he plays. He's a very good player and one of the best on our team, you'd be a moron to think having him wouldn't make a difference.
Im not sure carter is a better option than zherdev on that line. The past 3 games against the sabres the G, JVR, Z line has been playing amazing. Their speed and breakout through the neutral zone is very noticable and their domination and cycle in the offensive zone created alot of chances. Tonight JVR and Giroux made a couple of blind behind the back passes to linemates just knowing the guy was going to be there. Not to mention zherdev has been backchecking more the past few games than he has in his entire career. He also has been more physical laying a couple of guys out.

Snipsnap12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 02:03 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangecrush18 View Post
Im not sure carter is a better option than zherdev on that line. The past 3 games against the sabres the G, JVR, Z line has been playing amazing. Their speed and breakout through the neutral zone is very noticable and their domination and cycle in the offensive zone created alot of chances. Tonight JVR and Giroux made a couple of blind behind the back passes to linemates just knowing the guy was going to be there. Not to mention zherdev has been backchecking more the past few games than he has in his entire career. He also has been more physical laying a couple of guys out.
This ^

Puck possession is crucial in the playoffs..that's what made the HBL line so good last year and now recently again. They cycle and protect the puck. That seems to be the case with the G, JVR and Z line. There is no "one and done" with them...they are hard on the puck and create whether they are taking their man to the outside, dangling (so far without as many noticeable turnovers) or driving to the net. All three of them are physical and hitting as well...Z looked like a bruiser. Go figure.

Old
04-27-2011, 10:39 AM
MsWoof

He's a huge upgrade on Zherdev because he's more natural at defence and can also take faceoffs if G gets tossed from the circle. Zherdev is playing the best hockey of his life right now but he's not a complete 2 way player. Once Pronger is deemed healthy enough to really take slappers and play 25 min, get Syvret out of there, add Carter and keep Zherdev too. You can never have enough depth.

Old
04-27-2011, 10:45 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
He's a huge upgrade on Zherdev because he's more natural at defence and can also take faceoffs if G gets tossed from the circle. Zherdev is playing the best hockey of his life right now but he's not a complete 2 way player. Once Pronger is deemed healthy enough to really take slappers and play 25 min, get Syvret out of there, add Carter and keep Zherdev too. You can never have enough depth.
Syvret does need to go..and Carle needs to be better next series. Pronger will help in that regard...

Old
04-27-2011, 11:02 AM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

Quote:
I'm still waiting for my appology from you.

According to you, Carter had his leg almost taken off. Talk of ripped tendons and ligaments. He had a sprained knee.

You don't tear ligaments by blunt blows like that. You tear ligaments hyper extending, and quick explosive movements.

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 11:06 AM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
I'm still waiting for my appology from you.

According to you, Carter had his leg almost taken off. Talk of ripped tendons and ligaments. He had a sprained knee.

You don't tear ligaments by blunt blows like that. You tear ligaments hyper extending, and quick explosive movements.
You can't even SPELL apology so why should you get one?

Old
04-27-2011, 11:18 AM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

Lol you picked a typo to call me out on............

Go back to *****ing about Zherdev, and defending Carter against anything with you E-knighting skills

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 11:23 AM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Do you actually prefer Zherdev to Carter? unreal

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 11:27 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Personally I prefer what works...long term Carter obviously makes more sense as long as he's healthy, battling and not frustrated....

Enjoying seeing Z playing complete nonetheless...will it last..who knows..prolly not

Old
04-27-2011, 11:43 AM
StevensCakeBakerBacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
Personally I prefer what works...long term Carter obviously makes more sense as long as he's healthy, battling and not frustrated....

Enjoying seeing Z playing complete nonetheless...will it last..who knows..prolly not
I agree with this.... Im not willing to agree with CartsieFan (or whatever), but this team has been PRODUCING without Carter..... I cant argue with results.

StevensCakeBakerBacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 11:49 AM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevensCakeBakerBacker View Post
I agree with this.... Im not willing to agree with CartsieFan (or whatever), but this team has been PRODUCING without Carter..... I cant argue with results.
we produced with Carter too. It's the advantage of having a really deep forward crop that contains 9 top 6 forwards, is that when one is hurt you still have 8 left

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote