HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

Selanne to Buffalo??

Closed Thread

Old
08-12-2005, 12:11 AM
sabresfan3383

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to sabresfan3383
Selanne to Buffalo??

Just wanted to see if anyone else can confirm this, but a Avs fan/ Sabres hating friend was in dismay because he heard on the Fan590 that we were close to a deal for the Finnish Flash. I am in no way suggesting that this is done, just wanted to see if anyone else heard this too.

Now, this could be a good pickup for Buffalo, assuming the $$ is right. A decent scoring winger to replace Satan and a great PR move and instant jersey seller for picking up someone most people have heard of. Plus could pave the way for trading of forward & goaltender for a solid #1/2 Defenseman. Thoughts??

Old
08-12-2005, 12:20 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabresfan3383
Just wanted to see if anyone else can confirm this, but a Avs fan/ Sabres hating friend was in dismay because he heard on the Fan590 that we were close to a deal for the Finnish Flash. I am in no way suggesting that this is done, just wanted to see if anyone else heard this too.

Now, this could be a good pickup for Buffalo, assuming the $$ is right. A decent scoring winger to replace Satan and a great PR move and instant jersey seller for picking up someone most people have heard of. Plus could pave the way for trading of forward & goaltender for a solid #1/2 Defenseman. Thoughts??
I've listened to the Fan several times today and at no point did anyone deemed a reliable source even mentioned Buffalo, let alone a player coming here.

This thread is on a short, short leash.

08-12-2005, 12:42 AM
billsandsabres
nhl 94 aficianado

maybe nummi made a call to his countryman?
it just seems like selanne would want to play for a contender as his career enters its twilight
rumor or no rumor, it wouldn't make sense from selanne's point of view unless buffalo showed him the money, and they won't

Old
08-12-2005, 12:43 AM
sabresfan3383

Send a message via AIM to sabresfan3383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot
I've listened to the Fan several times today and at no point did anyone deemed a reliable source even mentioned Buffalo, let alone a player coming here.

This thread is on a short, short leash.
Oh I have no doubt that it is on a short leash, very understandable. Just wanted to make it clear, I just wanted to see if anyone else heard this at all, as I am not trying to pull an E****d.

Old
08-12-2005, 01:19 AM
buffalowing

Send a message via AIM to buffalowing
Another room started by an awful Sabres fan site?

Old
08-12-2005, 01:54 AM
rabi

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffalowing
Another room started by an awful Sabres fan site?
room?

Old
08-12-2005, 02:11 AM
Orr

I see this as a good fit if it comes about.

Selanne has to prove that he still has it in him after a HORRIBLE season in Colorado.

A one year deal worth $1.5 million sounds right, and who knows, maybe Selanne still has it in him.

Old
08-12-2005, 07:00 AM
Ruckus007
Said too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabresfan3383

I suggested giving him an incentive-heavy contract before the lockout.

I agree that it could make a Kotalik/Pyatt-type available for a trade to upgrade defense. Even though I don't think we'll see him return to the 50 goal days of yore, or even 35, I think the Selanne jerseys and extra fans in the seats (if he can be competently marketed) would pay for his salary.

Old
08-12-2005, 11:30 AM
Hawerchuk10

Man, I would be excited to see The Finnish Flash come to Buffalo, but this feels like another empty wish. C'mon Darcy, make a move on something, please!

Old
08-12-2005, 03:30 PM
WoahBoy
Uhmmmmm....SECHS!

It won't happen, nor would I want it to. I want Selanne here just as much as I want Jillson, which is about as much as I want a tumor in my head.

Old
08-12-2005, 03:32 PM
Moon Man*

Boo. Hiss. Flimshaw. Poppycock. Horsefeathers.

Closed Thread