HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-2012 Rangers - Lineup

Old
04-27-2011, 10:55 AM
Miller Time NYR
Wrong^

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
i'd make everyone available except for: Dubinsky, Callahan, Lundqvist, Gaborik, and Staal.

and id be more willing to part with our better forward prospects...stepan, anisimov, kreider, grachev, etc than our 2 stud defensive prospects in Sauer and McDonagh.

if you made an offer of say, our first, both 2nds, Stepan, Michael Del Zotto and Dylan McIlrath...i think youd get some teams attention.

is it a ton to give up? sure. will it cripple our franchise? absolutely not.
I pretty much agree. Thats what this organization needs to do to be truly competitive and skilled. Alot of people will disagree but when it comes down to it that's what needs to be done to ensure this team can play with the wings,pens,canucks. It's a hard pill to swallow and frankly I don't think sather would do it...

Miller Time NYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 10:59 AM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
Quote:
im not signing a 37 year old 46 point player...not when i could use that spot for a kid.

if im the Rangers, its Richards or bust in the UFA market for forwards, and then i ALSO look to make a trade for a legit 70+ point winger to play with those 2. you can split up gabby, richards, and that other player, put each of em on their own line, and run 3 lines for 18 mins a game with the 4th line being strictly a PK energy type line that gets 4-6 mins, or you can load up with those 3 players, play em 24 mins, and let them carry you. All the great teams have 3 elite forwards. We have 1. Get me Richards, and then get me someone else.
Trading for a 70 point winger? Okay that's pointless. Who are you trading on the Rangers that other teams would want? Callahan, Dubinsky, Staal, Girardi, first rd pick? No one wants Grachev or Del Zotto for a 70 pt winger. You're delusional.

None of the kids coming in the organization are top line talent and will never be. The team has NO 70 pt player in the pipeline. You also seem intent on rushing a kid like Kreider who will be better served learning how to play in the NHL first like Stepan did, playing 10 minutes a night without the pressure.

Signing Brunette or Prospal gives the Rangers a year stop gap to develop the kids further or buy time until FA offers that type of player.

Salary cap as well, the longer the team takes to compete the more money these young guys start to make. Then the tough choices come into play. It's so easy to say, get me Richards, get me Gaborik, and get me a Kovalchuk -- yeah well that isn't happening if you want an elite goalie, and a competent defense.

The Rangers better hope they get lucky in the draft for that dream to materialize.

MisterUnspoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 11:04 AM
NYRangers09

The way to win:

1. Sign Richards
2. Trade the house for Rick Nash. (All the first round picks in the world plus any prospects they want. Everyone except Dubinsky, Cally, Staal, and Hank available)

Nash- Richards- Gaborik!!!!!!( I just thought about it and then had to change my pants)

3. Don't worry about the defense, with Hank in net and a solid defense(which we have), all we need to focus on now is a consistent offense and PP.

NYRangers09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 11:04 AM
Mason530

Why people would want to buyout Avery, Boo or Wolski? If you don't want them, stick them to AHL. This way you don't have to deal with dead cap space the season after. Drury has NYR's hands tied because he has a no movement clause.

Especially for Avery and Boogaard, AHL is the best way to go. No one is willing to take them even during re-entry waiver.

Mason530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 11:08 AM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

lol the Blue Jackets are NOT trading Nash, not now - not ever.

The Ducks are not trading Bobby Ryan... and so on and so on. Parise is going to be a Devil, get over it.

Canucks have the twins (drafted 3rd and 4th overall in the draft) and Ryan Kesler drafted 23rd overall.

Philly drafted Richards, Carter, Giroux, JVR all first round picks that panned out. The Rangers first rd picks are busts.... mostly.

When the Rangers fix that you'll have a legit first line.

Old
04-27-2011, 11:09 AM
Ke11y96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerdanger20 View Post
I pretty much agree. Thats what this organization needs to do to be truly competitive and skilled. Alot of people will disagree but when it comes down to it that's what needs to be done to ensure this team can play with the wings,pens,canucks. It's a hard pill to swallow and frankly I don't think sather would do it...
Hopefully Sather see's the obvious

XXXX - Richards - Gaborik
Dubinsky - Anisimov - Callahan
Hagelin - Stepan - Zuccarello/Grachev
Fedotenko - Boyle - Prust

Staal - Girardi
McD - Sauer
XXX - XXX

Lundqvist - Biron

leaving these as his trade chips..Wolski, Christensen, *Zuccarello/Grachev, Gilroy, MDZ, Kreider (only for truly high end like Nash), Valentenko, Kundratek, and of course draft picks.

My top 3 targets would be Nash, Sharp, and Havlat. All 3 are game breakers that Torts thinks this team needs, and other then Nash very affordable given our cap layout. The other three not as much skill but could easily land 50+ pts with Richards and Gaborik, and play that go get it game so these three could be those guys that go get the puck on dump ins and still have top skill in their game..

Booth loves to shoot goes into the corners and can def keep up with Gaborik, Vermette (I know plays more center in columbus now, but when in Ottawa on the wing this guy is nasty and very skilled and speed to burn.), and Voracek who has a big body, good creativity and may not finish all that well but can pass just fine with averaging over 30 assists in his young career so he's ready to make a jump imo...

Ke11y96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 11:12 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke11y96 View Post
Hopefully Sather see's the obvious

XXXX - Richards - Gaborik
Dubinsky - Anisimov - Callahan
Hagelin - Stepan - Zuccarello/Grachev
Fedotenko - Boyle - Prust

Staal - Girardi
McD - Sauer
XXX - XXX

Lundqvist - Biron

leaving these as his trade chips..Wolski, Christensen, *Zuccarello/Grachev, Gilroy, MDZ, Kreider (only for truly high end like Nash), Valentenko, Kundratek, and of course draft picks.

My top 3 targets would be Nash, Sharp, and Havlat. All 3 are game breakers that Torts thinks this team needs, and other then Nash very affordable given our cap layout. The other three not as much skill but could easily land 50+ pts with Richards and Gaborik, and play that go get it game so these three could be those guys that go get the puck on dump ins and still have top skill in their game..

Booth loves to shoot goes into the corners and can def keep up with Gaborik, Vermette (I know plays more center in columbus now, but when in Ottawa on the wing this guy is nasty and very skilled and speed to burn.), and Voracek who has a big body, good creativity and may not finish all that well but can pass just find with averaging over 30 assists in his young career so he's ready to make a jump imo...
That is my lineup as well. It is why I say just keep Wolski on the top 2 lines and if he falters give whoever deserves it a shot. Maybe Zuccarello

Avery is untradeable so he slides into the spot you have Hagelin or gets thrown on waivers in camp. I beleive the may get picked up on waivers. Its only one yr and someone could take a shot at 2 million

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 11:13 AM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Havlat has a 5m dollar cap hit....
Sharp has a 4m dollar cap hit....

Sharp and Havlat are not being move and it won't be for that list of scrubs in your post. DZ and Kreider are the only ones with value and that might get you Sharp or Havlat -- but I doubt it.

Old
04-27-2011, 11:21 AM
Ke11y96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
That is my lineup as well. It is why I say just keep Wolski on the top 2 lines and if he falters give whoever deserves it a shot. Maybe Zuccarello

Avery is untradeable so he slides into the spot you have Hagelin or gets thrown on waivers in camp. I beleive the may get picked up on waivers. Its only one yr and someone could take a shot at 2 million
Yeah they may very well give Wolski a shot but I think when you look at the difference of cap and remembering what Torts wants and what some of these players say I think Wolski, Avery and Drury are bought out.

Them here for their respected one more years a pop hits our cap at 12.788
If they are bought out they hit the cap all 3 for a total of 4.7875
- These buyouts create 8.0005 in cap dollars..this gives us Brad Richards money and resigning one of Anisimov or Boyle. Not too mention the cap we get by not resigning our ufa's except Fedotenko.

Move Christensen to Florida, for a late pick. Then hopefully Boogaard is too concussed to play in new york. It merely is a matter of Sather realizing he has to cut bait with a bunch of guys and he'll have the cap to make the right moves.

Old
04-27-2011, 11:29 AM
Ke11y96

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterUnspoken View Post
Havlat has a 5m dollar cap hit....
Sharp has a 4m dollar cap hit....

Sharp and Havlat are not being move and it won't be for that list of scrubs in your post. DZ and Kreider are the only ones with value and that might get you Sharp or Havlat -- but I doubt it.
By no means was I saying those guys I listed as "trading chips" gonna get the job done but given with what I think makes the roster thats what would be left. But before you go thinking a package of a MDZ, Grachev, or Kreider, plus a depth guy like Valentenko, and a 1st rounder wouldn't get much I'd look back at the price tag of Kovalchuk, Hossa, Heatley, Horton, Penner, ect..A 1st rd pick alone in this league carries a hefty price tag let alone nhl ready prospects.

Old
04-27-2011, 11:29 AM
Bardof425*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2forsbergaura1 View Post
While I can understand that some here may not want Boyle on the 1st line, I dont get how anyone can say he is not skilled?

He finished 4th on the Rangers with 21 goals...he did that while mostly playing in a bottom 6 role with little ice time. I would say that does show that he is a skilled player. If put in a top 6 role, its also reasonable to say that he can score more than 21 goals.

He is also clearly not just a big Center. He drives to the net very well and has some nice moves. He skates very well for a big guy. During the regular season he also showed that he does have a pretty hard shot with some accuracy. In the playoffs he just didnt get the puck high enough for some reason. Despite only 14 assists in the regular season, I noticed that he improved his passing as the season went on. In the playoffs , even Torts said that Boyle and Fedotenko were our best forwards.

I feel that everyone really underrates this player on these boards. He is just scratching the surface of what he can do as power forwards take longer to develop. Is he the next Corey Perry? Of course not. Can he put up 25-30 goals a season and play in a top 6 role? I believe he can.
14 assists in an entire season for a center is abysmal unless you admit that the player is a 4th line center. Brian Boyle is a good (not great) defensive forward who can pot the odd goal. He shot his load in the Nov and Dec and did nothing offensively after that. Coincidentally, when the games became more important and teams tightened their checking he didn't have the skill to score under those conditions. In my opinion, he better improve in the faceoff dot or he will not only not be on the first line (comedy) but he will be looking for a job. Size matters to a point and a defensive center needs to win draws; right now he doesn't.

Bardof425* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 11:35 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
By no means was I saying those guys I listed as "trading chips" gonna get the job done but given with what I think makes the roster thats what would be left. But before you go thinking a package of a MDZ, Grachev, or Kreider, plus a depth guy like Valentenko, and a 1st rounder wouldn't get much I'd look back at the price tag of Kovalchuk, Hossa, Heatley, Horton, Penner, ect..A 1st rd pick alone in this league carries a hefty price tag let alone nhl ready prospects.
beat me to it. dont forget Thornton too, who was traded for a pittance. i cant remember the last time anyone gave up something huge for a player? I guess Kessel would be the guy, but even then it was only because the leafs sucked so bad that it was a huge hit. i mean for a 21 year old 30 goal scorer the Bruins got 2 first rounders and 1 second rounder.

if im the rangers, i would easily pay that price to get Kessel here. or a player of his ilk.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 11:37 AM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Quote:
Grachev has no value, Valentenko has no value, our first has value. MDZ coming off a terrible season and a major injury is not going to garner much in a trade... Kreider would be the "value" going to another team. If you package Kreider, MDZ, and a 1st you might get something half way decent, but its going to have a big cap hit forcing you to manuever around the cap.

Can it be done? Maybe but I don't suspect there will be teams lining up to acquire those players for their prolific scoring wingers.

Old
04-27-2011, 11:40 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Grachev has no value, Valentenko has no value, our first has value. MDZ coming off a terrible season and a major injury is not going to garner much in a trade... Kreider would be the "value" going to another team. If you package Kreider, MDZ, and a 1st you might get something half way decent, but its going to have a big cap hit forcing you to manuever around the cap.

Can it be done? Maybe but I don't suspect there will be teams lining up to acquire those players for their prolific scoring wingers.
halfway decent? seriously name me 1 star player that has been traded in the past 10 years that got back more than a #1 pick, a #1 offensive prospect, and a #1 defensive prospect?

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 11:42 AM
Ke11y96

Quote:
beat me to it. dont forget Thornton too, who was traded for a pittance. i cant remember the last time anyone gave up something huge for a player? I guess Kessel would be the guy, but even then it was only because the leafs sucked so bad that it was a huge hit. i mean for a 21 year old 30 goal scorer the Bruins got 2 first rounders and 1 second rounder.

if im the rangers, i would easily pay that price to get Kessel here. or a player of his ilk.
Yes Thornton and Kessel too exactly! The cupboard here is restocked and now is the time to usher out a few items for the betterment of high end skill. Even Torts has mentioned that you sometimes have to move some bodies to acquire missing pieces. Now we can all debate all day long who they go after but given that the roster has finally taken shape that we know there wont be 9 new players every year, and we've gotten our youth most of it implemented its time to strike.

Old
04-27-2011, 11:49 AM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Quote:
halfway decent? seriously name me 1 star player that has been traded in the past 10 years that got back more than a #1 pick, a #1 offensive prospect, and a #1 defensive prospect?
Name me one that wasn't in a situation where they were going to be a UFA, demanded a trade, or had some other issue?

Teams aren't going to trade a Bobby Ryan or Rick Nash or Zach Parise who have no contract, personal, or professional problems...

I put it on YOU to name me a player who is a legitimate target that would not only trade with the Rangers, but also fit under the cap next season assuming we sign Richards.

Old
04-27-2011, 12:08 PM
Ke11y96

Quote:
Name me one that wasn't in a situation where they were going to be a UFA, demanded a trade, or had some other issue?

Teams aren't going to trade a Bobby Ryan or Rick Nash or Zach Parise who have no contract, personal, or professional problems...

I put it on YOU to name me a player who is a legitimate target that would not only trade with the Rangers, but also fit under the cap next season assuming we sign Richards.
CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS
*Any Forward up to this cap hit* ($8.000m) / Brad Richards ($7.000m) / Marian Gaborik ($7.500m)
Brandon Dubinsky ($3.750m) / Artem Anisimov ($1.850m) / Ryan Callahan ($3.750m)
Carl Hagelin ($0.662m) / Derek Stepan ($0.875m) / Mats Zuccarello-Aasen ($1.750m)
Ruslan Fedotenko ($1.500m) / Brian Boyle ($1.200m) / Brandon Prust ($0.800m)

DEFENSEMEN
Marc Staal ($3.975m) / Daniel Girardi ($3.325m)
Ryan McDonagh ($1.300m) / Mike Sauer ($1.550m)
Pavel Valentenko ($0.850m) / Matt Gilroy ($0.850m)

GOALTENDERS
Henrik Lundqvist ($6.875m) / Martin Biron ($0.875m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $62,400,000; CAP PAYROLL: $58,237,500; BONUSES: $1,275,000
CAP SPACE (20-man roster): $4,162,500

for some reason it wouldn't let me add in the buyout of Drury but other then his buyout which would cost 3,716,667 so around 400k left on the cap. Not saying we get Zach Parise but whatever top lw they could acquire even ones costing 8 million could fit on this club. We don't know who they may or may not acquire and neither do you..No one saw the Wolski trade coming or even the Scott Gomez one so clearly strange things no one sees as possible happening can and do happen.

Last edited by Ke11y96: 04-27-2011 at 12:43 PM. Reason: Zach Parise was just an example not a realistic approach!
Old
04-27-2011, 12:23 PM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Quote:

FORWARDS
Zach Parise ($8.000m) / Brad Richards ($7.000m) / Marian Gaborik ($7.500m)
Brandon Dubinsky ($3.750m) / Artem Anisimov ($1.850m) / Ryan Callahan ($3.750m)
Carl Hagelin ($0.662m) / Derek Stepan ($0.875m) / Mats Zuccarello-Aasen ($1.750m)
Ruslan Fedotenko ($1.500m) / Brian Boyle ($1.200m) / Brandon Prust ($0.800m)

DEFENSEMEN
Ryan McDonagh ($1.300m) / Mike Sauer ($1.550m)
Pavel Valentenko ($0.850m) / Matt Gilroy ($0.850m)

GOALTENDERS

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
SALARY CAP: $62,400,000; CAP PAYROLL: $58,237,500; BONUSES: $1,275,000
CAP SPACE (20-man roster): $4,162,500

for some reason it wouldn't let me add in the buyout of Drury but other then his buyout which would cost 3,716,667 so around 400k left on the cap. Not saying we get Zach Parise but whatever top lw they could acquire even ones costing 8 million could fit on this club. We don't know who they may or may not acquire and neither do you..No one saw the Wolski trade coming or even the Scott Gomez one so clearly strange things no one sees as possible happening can and do happen.
So the devils are going to trade Parise to the Rangers? Are you for real? Never happening. They will match any offer sheet.

Old
04-27-2011, 12:35 PM
Ke11y96

Quote:
So the devils are going to trade Parise to the Rangers? Are you for real? Never happening. They will match any offer sheet.
Your missing the point here yes you asked to name one player who could potentially be targeted and fit under the cap all I demonstrated that any left winger that costs up to 8 million per year can fit under the cap. In regards to who that very well may be and at what cost to acquire that person, I have no clue. It could be a 3.9 cap hit of Sharp, they could go get Nash, or David Booth at 4.25 per year or flat out sign Tanguay, J.Jokinen, or Fleischmann. Clearly it is impossible to pin point their exact target and if I knew I'd be Glen Sather...

Old
04-27-2011, 12:35 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Yeah they may very well give Wolski a shot but I think when you look at the difference of cap and remembering what Torts wants and what some of these players say I think Wolski, Avery and Drury are bought out.

Them here for their respected one more years a pop hits our cap at 12.788
If they are bought out they hit the cap all 3 for a total of 4.7875
- These buyouts create 8.0005 in cap dollars..this gives us Brad Richards money and resigning one of Anisimov or Boyle. Not too mention the cap we get by not resigning our ufa's except Fedotenko.

Move Christensen to Florida, for a late pick. Then hopefully Boogaard is too concussed to play in new york. It merely is a matter of Sather realizing he has to cut bait with a bunch of guys and he'll have the cap to make the right moves.
only thing is Free Agents are alwys over paid. I don't see anyone out there much better than Wolski so rather give him a shot one yr with his offensive upside then let him walk the next yr

Drury simply has to be bought out but thats 2 yrs of dead cap space

I dont think Avery can be bought out for just 2 million? Waive him if need be but I dont mind him on the 4th line

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 12:37 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

An 8 mil offer sheet for Parise?

Lets be real, people.

Parise is a good player, but he isnt worth that much even on the UFA market. He'd be one of the top 5 paid players in the NHL. Add that to the 4 first round picks that would be gone and it becomes a terrible deal from the Ranger's standpoint.

04-27-2011, 12:41 PM
Ke11y96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
only thing is Free Agents are alwys over paid. I don't see anyone out there much better than Wolski so rather give him a shot one yr with his offensive upside then let him walk the next yr

Drury simply has to be bought out but thats 2 yrs of dead cap space

I dont think Avery can be bought out for just 2 million? Waive him if need be but I dont mind him on the 4th line
Yeah valid points but Torts might believe that Wolski has no chemistry with Gaborik and given the layouts of the other 3 lines might persuade Sather to just buy him out or trade him..

Drury I know that sucks but from what I've read and played around with the cap supposedly will reach like 68 million next year and his buyout this year really doesnt hurt us. So I think its an ok use of space.

See I agree waive Avery to save that money in regards to the cap but the thing is Sather likes him a lot, and outta respect for Avery rather then bury him in the minors I think Sather lets him try and get a fresh start elsewhere with a buyout. Because clearly Avery is scared most of the time to attempt his true style of play with penalties and such with Torts more then willing to bench and scratch him..It just doesnt seem like a good match for a full year.

Old
04-27-2011, 12:42 PM
Janerixon

I agree with a lot of what you said however I don't want any part of Torres and his dumb penalties. I have no problem getting another pest but it shouldn't be him. Gagne is a guy that would fit well and a player I can see sather going after. If you think he resigns I will believe you but stranger things have happened in free agency. Brunette is a guy I thought we may trade for before we got wolski, I could see sather bringing him in here with Richards but in the interview yeterdau on Michael Kay torts made it sound like he wants vinny back and I can see that happening.

Quote:
FREE AGENCY

Simon Gagne IS resigning in Tampa Bay I would bet a million dollars on that I'm 100% confident in that. Also whoever said they want Tanguay must be high, he is the epitome of perimiter garbage player -- trust me stay FAR away.

Also there are one year stop gap LW (top line) solutions out there and the best one is 37 year old Andrew Brunette. He is a PP performer, can still log 15-20 minutes, and is a naturally talented goal scorer and passer. Look what he did on the Wild just last year!

Not only that but he's essentially an injury free Vinny Prospal. Brunette is DURABLE. Brunette is a beast and physical freak of nature. Guy played on a torn ACL for the rest of the season, had offseason surgery and was back to his 82 game self in no time.

Brunette-Richards-Gaborik = FAST, skilled, AND defensively responsible.... it's a good fit. No doubt he would sign a one year contract for 1.5m.

As far as a puck moving D goes....

James Wiseniewski is a UFA at years end, guy is gifted offensively and is physical. Makes 3.25m this season, will probably garner about that on the FA market. Risky signing, but he's out there.

Joni Pitkanen is UFA at years end, makes 4.0m. Will likely be looking at that same number (give or take). Not physical, but good hard low shot and great outlet passer. Has been a consistent points producer for the most part and definitely adds a threat to the blueline (my pick!)

Roman Hamrlik (UFA). 37 years old, risk signing. Fairly consistent offensively, can step up for bigger minutes if the team faces injuries. Main issues with him are durability and his penchant for taking stupid penalties. Physical player though and probably the best option for all around D and likely cheapest contract (stop gap)

Christian Ehrhoff is a UFA at years end. My guess especially if Vancouver makes a deep run, he will return. If not he would likely command about 4.5 million on the open market. Tough, physical, shot blocking, and can play offense. You have to be hesitant that his stats are a product of Vancouver and San Jose (two offensively gifted teams) -- but could be a great fit on the Rangers.

As far as 7th D go, Grant Clitsome is my choice -- guy seems to have offensive talent and is sound defensively. Might be a guy to sign for cheap and try to catch lightning in a bottle. Only made 550,00.

Radek Martinek - only 34 years old, but very underrated as far as I'm concerned. Sound on D.

Shane O'Brien - tough physical customer, ideal for a 7th or bottom pairing role vs those teams you need that extra element.

Ian White - good overal D, but not spectacular, could easily fill in a 4-6 role on a need-to-need basis.

In The System

Defensemen

Dylan McIlrath - unlikely to make the jump to the NHL this coming season
Pavel Valentenko - could potentially challenege for a spot, hard shot, not offensively gifted
Tomas Kundratek - defensive D, has a shot at making it on the team out of camp
Mikhail Pashnin - two way D, but not offensively gifted might make a good 6/7 guy

Forwards

Chris Kreider
Mats Zuccarello
Carl Hagelin
Tommy Grant

Evgeny Grachev
Ethan Werek
Ryan Bourque
Roman Horak
Andrew Yogan

Christian Thomas
Jesper Fasth
Dale Weise
Chad Kolarik
Dave Kveton

I could see Kreider, Zuccarello, Hagelin, Grachev, Werek, Borque, Thomas, Weise, Kolarik able to break into the lineup, but the only real confident choice in there is Zuccarello. I thnk Grachev is the 2nd best option, then Kreider, Hagelin, and Weise, Kolarik. I thinkt he rest should focus on developing more.

With all that said.....

FORWARDS
Andrew Brunette ($1.500m) / Brad Richards ($7.000m) / Marian Gaborik ($7.500m)
Brandon Dubinsky ($3.850m) / Artem Anisimov ($1.850m) / Ryan Callahan ($3.950m)
Mats Zuccarello-Aasen ($1.750m) / Derek Stepan ($0.875m) / Ruslan Fedotenko ($1.000m)
Raffi Torres ($0.850m) / Brian Boyle ($1.225m) / Brandon Prust ($0.800m)

DEFENSEMEN
Ryan McDonagh ($1.300m) / Mike Sauer ($1.200m)
Joni Pitkanen ($3.875m) / Michael Del Zotto ($1.087m)
Grant Clitsome ($0.800m)

GOALTENDERS

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS
SALARY CAP: $62,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $55,462,000; BONUSES: $1,650,000
CAP SPACE (18-man roster): $6,738,000

Does not factor in buyouts for Wolski, Drury, trading Avery, Christensen, or Boogaard. I figure all those guys are gone anyway.

Janerixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 12:43 PM
Ke11y96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
An 8 mil offer sheet for Parise?

Lets be real, people.

Parise is a good player, but he isnt worth that much even on the UFA market. He'd be one of the top 5 paid players in the NHL. Add that to the 4 first round picks that would be gone and it becomes a terrible deal from the Ranger's standpoint.
I wouldn't do that either! I was just trying to prove more than anything a cap space point.

Old
04-27-2011, 12:45 PM
Janerixon

Quote:
Yeah valid points but Torts might believe that Wolski has no chemistry with Gaborik and given the layouts of the other 3 lines might persuade Sather to just buy him out or trade him..

Drury I know that sucks but from what I've read and played around with the cap supposedly will reach like 68 million next year and his buyout this year really doesnt hurt us. So I think its an ok use of space.

See I agree waive Avery to save that money in regards to the cap but the thing is Sather likes him a lot, and outta respect for Avery rather then bury him in the minors I think Sather lets him try and get a fresh start elsewhere with a buyout. Because clearly Avery is scared most of the time to attempt his true style of play with penalties and such with Torts more then willing to bench and scratch him..It just doesnt seem like a good match for a full year.
68 million? Where did u see that number? It's supposed to go up to 62.2 for the upcoming season and I haven't heard anything about it after that except that owners will want it to drop.

Janerixon is offline   Reply With Quote