HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Beat the Canucks

Old
04-27-2011, 11:52 AM
Federko

vCash: 500
Not a Canucks fan. but....Man...I had no idea the Canucks had so many haters, especially south of the boarder. That means they're doing something right. Burrows seems to be the new Darcy Tucker..30 goals a season agitator...and draws hates from countless fanbases. Again - that means they are on the right track.

Good luck Preds ... you're gonna need some..this is not the Ducks...That said, I always love the underdog ...

Federko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 11:58 AM
cool story bro

Nucks fan here in peace.

I really don't get all the hate for my team and people from my city.

Vancouver and Nashville players have never really developed much of a rivalry--whether one will be born is yet to be seen, though. I understand that we have some bad fans, but honestly in going through opponents' boards every now and then, I mostly see "Nucks fan coming in peace" and then making a rational, unprovocative comment. Even when we lose I barely see the trolls come out.

I think it's more of a perception that Spike TV gave us and that thing we have with Chicago and Calgary. Of course we've mixed it up with people from those cities before, but I don't see Canucks fans just wandering aimlessly and trolling other teams' fans. Maybe once in a while after a bad loss, but those instances are few and far between (not in the CHI series though).

cool story bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 12:07 PM
canadianpredsfan97

Preds fan who lives in Vancouver. Like the name says been a Preds fan since the franchise was awarded. I'm born and raised in B.C. I was never raised to be a Canucks fan so I found my own team by myself.

I've been waiting for this moment since we were awarded the franchise. Have all of my buddies against just me as our teams played each other. I've got a Facebook bet going with all my friends and the fan(s) of the losing team has to change their Facebook photo to a respectable one of the winning team until the Stanley Cup Finals are over. (I wanted to do it until the loser beat the winner next season but they thought that was too long.) Should be a good series. I can't wait until it starts.

canadianpredsfan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 12:09 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianpredsfan97 View Post
Preds fan who lives in Vancouver. Like the name says been a Preds fan since the franchise was awarded. I'm born and raised in B.C. I was never raised to be a Canucks fan so I found my own team by myself.
That's ok, so was this guy http://predators.nhl.com/club/player.htm?id=8470642

and this guy http://predators.nhl.com/club/player.htm?id=8471742

and this guy http://predators.nhl.com/club/player.htm?id=8468162

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 12:11 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool story bro View Post
Nucks fan here in peace.

I really don't get all the hate for my team and people from my city.

Vancouver and Nashville players have never really developed much of a rivalry--whether one will be born is yet to be seen, though. I understand that we have some bad fans, but honestly in going through opponents' boards every now and then, I mostly see "Nucks fan coming in peace" and then making a rational, unprovocative comment. Even when we lose I barely see the trolls come out.

I think it's more of a perception that Spike TV gave us and that thing we have with Chicago and Calgary. Of course we've mixed it up with people from those cities before, but I don't see Canucks fans just wandering aimlessly and trolling other teams' fans. Maybe once in a while after a bad loss, but those instances are few and far between (not in the CHI series though).
You seem rational so this comment probably doesn't apply to you... but

Every Canucks fan I have encountered in "real" life and not over the internet have been absolute tools. They have little to no respect for any other team in the league, are arrogant in their stance in southern expansion, have little or no respect for America, and Preds fans that have traveled to Vancouver have had very negative experiences with your fans. Plus all the Shea Weber to Vancouver threads get annoying. Don't get me started on the people who post pro canuck stuff on the internet.

Also, Burrows ended JP Dumont's career prematurely. The defense of that it was absolutely ridiculous and shameful. I promise he didn't leave his feet!

Finally, Burrows is a sissy. He pulls hair, takes runs on players, and he starts skating around during the National Anthem. Disgraceful.

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 12:18 PM
canadianpredsfan97

BigFatCat999, thanks for the laugh.

And Joetimo, I know what you mean. I can count on one hand the number of Canucks fans who are actually respectable. My best friend has never talked any trash until they win the cup so I know he won't be rough on me throughout this series.

And Burrows, what can I say? Do you guys remember the game last year we played against Vancouver that involved Stephane Auger, the official? Burrows crying bloody murder that Auger was out to get him for the dive against us earlier in the season. Believe me, I hear him enough on the radio, he's a bit of a crybaby. Not to mention that in Game 7 last night, Burrows last lucky to be the hero. There were two instances where he would've been the goat otherwise. The missed penalty shot in the 3rd to put Chicago away and the dumb penalty he took in overtime.

Old
04-27-2011, 12:20 PM
predfan24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie79 View Post
Not a Canucks fan. but....Man...I had no idea the Canucks had so many haters, especially south of the boarder. That means they're doing something right. Burrows seems to be the new Darcy Tucker..30 goals a season agitator...and draws hates from countless fanbases. Again - that means they are on the right track.

Good luck Preds ... you're gonna need some..this is not the Ducks...That said, I always love the underdog ...
And with all due respect to the Sedins and Kesler etc. I don't see them being nearly as dominant as Selanne was and RPG was on the PP.

We are underdogs I would agree with that but we are only slight underdogs. People don't seem to realize that if Pekka would have been himself and the PK would have been solid during our series with the Ducks that series could have been a sweep.

The Preds are a good team and a confident team right now. I see most the games being like the games from the regular season. Tight and low scoring

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 12:26 PM
BrickAHL
#AvaloungeRevolution

Let's go Preds!

BrickAHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 12:43 PM
luongo321

Canucks fan here, but not here to troll.

Just thought it was pretty awesome seeing all of the support from other teams for the predators. (the sharks/wings fans sure as heck don't want to face us in next round ) it's going to be a very close grueling series.

Here's to a good series!

luongo321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 12:49 PM
Hillbillywingsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by luongo321 View Post
Canucks fan here, but not here to troll.

Just thought it was pretty awesome seeing all of the support from other teams for the predators. (the sharks/wings fans sure as heck don't want to face us in next round ) it's going to be a very close grueling series.

Here's to a good series!
hahahaha says the fan of the team that barley beat the 8th seeded hawks that had trouble even getting in.

I don't think it's going to b e close. I think Nashville will have their way with the doublemint twins.

Hillbillywingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 12:53 PM
RewBicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan24 View Post
And with all due respect to the Sedins and Kesler etc. I don't see them being nearly as dominant as Selanne was and RPG was on the PP.
lol, okay, we'll see about that. I'd suggest staying out of the box. The powerplay was as potent as ever in the Blackhawks series.

RewBicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 12:57 PM
predfan24

Quote:
Originally Posted by RewBicks View Post
lol, okay, we'll see about that. I'd suggest staying out of the box. The powerplay was as potent as ever in the Blackhawks series.
Perhaps you should check out Anaheim's PP Percentage for the series. Then go check out Preds PK percentage for the regular season. I don't think I have ever seen a better PP then the ones the Ducks displayed last series. I'd more than confident when I say Canucks won't operate at 40%. Canucks have skilled players but they don't have the skill/size combo that the Ducks offered.

Keep being overconfident. Too bad the actual team won't be overconfident as a large number of Canuck fans are.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 12:59 PM
luongo321

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillbillywingsfan View Post
hahahaha says the fan of the team that barley beat the 8th seeded hawks that had trouble even getting in.

I don't think it's going to b e close. I think Nashville will have their way with the doublemint twins.
hey, dont underestimate those hawks. they woke up after the seabrook hit and kept on coming. they have some very highly offensively gifted players. even in the regular season they scored a lot of goals and had a potent power play. the hawks regular season was a result of a team that just lost a lot of depth and didn't always come to play. however, when they play their top players relentlessly, they are very dangerous. The Canucks need to play as a complete team to win games. Even the Sedins need to make good plays to each other to score, but those darn hawks have so many players that can beat you 1-on-1. the only canuck that i have faith in to beat someone one-on-one is kesler. Weber/suter is a solid combo, but keith and seabrook had a few playoffs experience to learn how to shutdown the sedins. it's going to be a tough series, but i think it's a bit funny that you think they'll have their way with the sedins. on the other hand, i am posting on a preds board so it's expected and i'll be quiet. even if you shutdown the sedins, you still need to deal with kesler going into absolute beast mode. he didnt have as much time to be offensive because he was trying to concentrate on shutting down toews, but i know that will change this series. ok, i'll stop bothering your board now.

luongo321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 01:01 PM
Hillbillywingsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RewBicks View Post
4 for 22 was it?

Hillbillywingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 01:01 PM
canadianpredsfan97

Luongo321, don't think all of us Preds fans are the same way as that one. Just like I know not all Canucks fan are as mature as you are. You are being well behaved on our wall and I appreciate that.

I know it's going to be a tough series, going 6 or 7 for sure.

Old
04-27-2011, 01:03 PM
oilphan

I never had a hate on for the Canucks org until the last few years. The team is just so hatable...divers, slashers, complainers, dirty play, mouthy, etc. Kick their butts!!

oilphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 02:40 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Thanks for the support everyone. We're in uncharted territory both as a team and as Preds fans, though as a hockey fan I've seen my team [Pens before we got the Preds] win it all. Of course, then I was a kid so I didn't really understand what was going on. I just loved watching hockey.

I hope that we continue getting outside support, but I do ask that those of you who are pulling more for a Canuck loss than a Preds win will keep the trolling and flaming out of it, or at least do it in PM. I think this series has much more potential to see some very poor posting from fans across the league. Let's keep that in the main board

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 03:12 PM
JoeDaddio

Not sure if this matters to y'all, but here goes:

As a Ducks fan who knew little about Nashville before this season, I am extremely impressed with your team. They made a fan out of me after taking out my favorite team, and I think that's quite a feat.

If the Preds play their game they'll be hard to stop. And since all my usual dogs are out of this fight, I'm hoping that Nashville goes all the way. And I'm really hoping that they take it to Vancouver.

joe

JoeDaddio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 04:23 PM
stingo

Hawks fan here.

Pound them.

stingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 05:03 PM
vuvuzela

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
I don't really "hate" the Canucks or the fans I perceive to be their true base. It seems that they have an inordinate amount of tween, bandwagon types that can't be reasoned with, have no sportsmanship, and love to troll...but their true fans are solid.

With that said, I hate Burrows with the fire of a thousand suns, and wouldn't mind seeing him put through the boards by Thunderbeard in the first five minutes. I also don't like Kesler anymore, as a result of his, "robots that don't even try to score" dumbitude.
pretty much exactly how I feel.

there are a lot of great Canuck fans who I'd be very happy for if their team won the cup, but from my experience (being from the area and dealing with them in real life, not just on message boards) the majority of their fans are unbearable.

vuvuzela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 05:24 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingo View Post
Hawks fan here.

Pound them.
we'll try to

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 06:15 PM
Dennis187

Go American Team vs canadian team

Dennis187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 06:23 PM
gopreds19
Formerly gobears19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetimo View Post

Also, Burrows ended JP Dumont's career prematurely. The defense of that it was absolutely ridiculous and shameful. I promise he didn't leave his feet!
Why did you have to remind me of that. I had done my best do expunge that from my memory in hopes that I could engage in somewhat of an adult discourse with the Vancouver fans. Now I can't get it out of my mind.

Burrows is my least favorite player in the NHL, and now I remember why.

gopreds19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 07:03 PM
Geki

Life long wings fan here wishing you guys the best of luck. I see a lot of Canuck fans really overlooking the preds. I kid you not, they were already looking at round 3 literally 30 minutes after game 7. Not that it would surprise anyone, but man, it kinda pissed me off.

Being conference rivals I know the predators hate the wings, probably a respectful hate, but hate none the less. Speaking for myself and a lot of other wings fans, we respect the hell out of your team.

Trotz, the team, and their fans deserve this. Give them hell.

Geki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 07:17 PM
BluesyShoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobears19 View Post
Why did you have to remind me of that. I had done my best do expunge that from my memory in hopes that I could engage in somewhat of an adult discourse with the Vancouver fans. Now I can't get it out of my mind.

Burrows is my least favorite player in the NHL, and now I remember why.
I'm a Canucks fan, and I was pretty disappointed with that hit. Burrows is not a physically dominant player, and he shouldn't try to be. I don't think he's a malevolent guy; he's just not very good at hitting or defending himself. I know he's made shameful plays that would make it seem like he's a dirty player, but I think it is just his excitement for the game that makes him irresponsible at times. He's one of the guys on the team that seems to keep on the lighter side of life, and he's gotten much more responsible over the years. Many Canucks fans love him because of his layman's journey to the NHL and his ability to score clutch goals, so thats why you'll find us wrongfully defending him to no end when he does make an irresponsible play. He's one of the most likable guys on our team, but I understand why everyone hates him. I guess there is a comparison to draw between Burrows and Tootoo, but I'm not going to really go there.

BluesyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote