HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Too many men on the ice, it's going the distance baby

Closed Thread

Old
04-27-2011, 11:30 AM
Kriss E

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus1 View Post
It would be sweet is Lucic is suspended for a game!
You know Lucic has 1A -1 in 6games? He's been an absolute non-factor. I actually think the line of Krejci-Horton-Paille looked better..
Just sayin'

Old
04-27-2011, 11:32 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie Williams View Post
I don't know what people mean by "bad" calls. In terms of the 5 on 4 I believe both teams had fairly equal chances. The only real changer were the two 5 on 3s we got which we scored both goals on. What are the refs supposed to do? Pretend Cammalleri's stick shattered spontaneously? Pretend the puck was deflected over the glass when no one was there to deflect it in the first place?
I agree, don't see where all the whining is coming from. The Lucic major was pretty obvious and the ref was about 15 feet away. Even if taht was only a minor, we didn't score in the last 3 minutes of the major so that didn't cahnge the outcome much.

Old
04-27-2011, 11:33 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
You know Lucic has 1A -1 in 6games? He's been an absolute non-factor. I actually think the line of Krejci-Horton-Paille looked better..
Just sayin'
Give credit to Plekanec Gill and Subban, they have neutralized them very well the first 6 games, hope it continues.

Old
04-27-2011, 11:33 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
One point I'd like to make...nobody, and I mean NOBODY should be questioning the heart and grit of this team. They forced a 7th game with Boston minus 3 top 4 d-men(Gorges Markov Wisniewski), a top 6 forward(Pacioretty) and a strong depth forward(Desharnais). Win or lose I'm proud of the team.
I agree. Here's the thing. IF (there's that word again) the Habs stay healthy next year, by that I mean 3 or 4 guys missing 10-20 games each, I think they might be killers.

Why? Confidence. Can you imagine the core and young guys who've had to play through this injury **** the last 2 years looking down the bench and seeing Marky, Gorges, and Pax healthy?

And looking down the bench and seeing the addition of a strong young D for Hammer, and a 20 goal 220 pound 3rd line banger ?

And seeing Carey and PK just get better?

IF (there's that word again, again) that happens, this team will have massive confidence next year at PO time. Massive. And they should.

Playing through this adversity has steeled this team. With a healthy lineup, I think they will be a very very confident and real threat next year.

Old
04-27-2011, 11:36 AM
Patccmoi

Quote:
I don't know what people mean by "bad" calls. In terms of the 5 on 4 I believe both teams had fairly equal chances. The only real changer were the two 5 on 3s we got which we scored both goals on. What are the refs supposed to do? Pretend Cammalleri's stick shattered spontaneously? Pretend the puck was deflected over the glass when no one was there to deflect it in the first place?
That's really what makes the whole whining about 5v3 that Bruins go on about (fans, and more importantly the coach) is so ridiculous.

Calls that got the first penalty might've been bad, but it was an evening of aweful calls, it's Chris Lee damnit! I mean, Bergeron's call was dumb, but wtf was the call on AK a few seconds before? Ryder didn't dive I guess when he got tapped on the wrist and fell over the ice?

The 2 calls that gave a 5v3 were automatic calls. All refs call them 99% of the time (the other 1% they leave all fans wondering 'WTF?!').

This is what Julien doesn't seem to realize when he says things like 'we didn't give them anything at 5v4'. Hell yes you did Julien, you gave them 2 5v3! Those were direct consequences of Bruins lack of discipline, and you just can't argue against it, refs were forced to make those calls, it's not like they tried to give Montreal a 5v3.

I also like how he said they didn't give us anything 5v5. Actually, you gave us a goal. Sadly Pollock thinks that he is all set to see the puck from the corner of the ice when it's on the other side of the goalie.

Old
04-27-2011, 11:36 AM
neofury*

Quote:
I'd like to see the replay but on the Seidenberg call where Plek's stick broke... couldn't tell but... did Plek just press his stick into the ground till it broke? I understand what Seidenberg was doing is considered interference even though both were playing the puck to a certain extent, it just doesn't strike me as the kind of play that would have been called a penalty had the stick not broken.

Too many men? Their player changed the direction of the puck, even if it is in our favor, the 6th man interfered with the play, plain and simple a rule is a rule. Shooting it over the glass? That's cut and dry delay of game.

And what about the whole ref whistling the puck dead when he can't even see the puck bit? I understand the rule is the whistle was blown, but if the ref clearly made a mistake....

I can't blame them for ruling it a no goal cause like a moron he whistled, so even though Thomas didn't have it, the whistle was blown so regardless he thought he was safe, even if we would have scored anyways it's one of those situations, it isn't fair for either team. We could have lost that game as a result of the poor officiating just as easily as Boston did lose the game cause of the officials, and how many times this season has Montreal been ****ed by the officials? On average probably 4/5 games we played the opposition had more PP than we did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patccmoi View Post
That's really what makes the whole whining about 5v3 that Bruins go on about (fans, and more importantly the coach) is so ridiculous.

Calls that got the first penalty might've been bad, but it was an evening of aweful calls, it's Chris Lee damnit! I mean, Bergeron's call was dumb, but wtf was the call on AK a few seconds before? Ryder didn't dive I guess when he got tapped on the wrist and fell over the ice?

The 2 calls that gave a 5v3 were automatic calls. All refs call them 99% of the time (the other 1% they leave all fans wondering 'WTF?!').

This is what Julien doesn't seem to realize when he says things like 'we didn't give them anything at 5v4'. Hell yes you did Julien, you gave them 2 5v3! Those were direct consequences of Bruins lack of discipline, and you just can't argue against it, refs were forced to make those calls, it's not like they tried to give Montreal a 5v3.

I also like how he said they didn't give us anything 5v5. Actually, you gave us a goal. Sadly Pollock thinks that he is all set to see the puck from the corner of the ice when it's on the other side of the goalie.
Thank god it wasn't Chris Lee, for his sake practically. If we lost by 1 goal and it was Chris Lee... I'd be willing to bet he'd need big time security leaving the bell center

Old
04-27-2011, 11:40 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
Yeah Don Cherry doesn't gush over good ol' Ontarian kids and Kingston boys at all.... no one else does it except us obnoxious french Canadian separatists, am I right?
Chillax everyone, how'd you like to be languishing in a Chinese jail and getting tortured for painting some pictures. Jeez. It' a big world out there. Ontario, La Belle, sure we're different, but come on guys..we share a hell of a lot of the best things of both our cultures...and we all love the Habs.

Old
04-27-2011, 11:47 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patccmoi View Post

Bold above. You are correct. if your are penalized killing a penalty, you are not killing the penalty well. In fact , you are ****ing it up.

Just ask the Habs, 19 for 19. Julien, you big goof. Improve your PK and stop complaining. That's what JM does. JM realized 5 on 3 is death, and he has instructed his players accordingly. Don't take the second penalty and wait for the refs to even it up. The refs are gagging to call an equalizer penalty, not a 5 on 3. You have to **** up badly to get one 5 on 3 in the playoffs, let alone 2. All on Julien. Big giant baby.

Old
04-27-2011, 12:25 PM

Send a message via MSN to 2112
PK Subban put on a clinic last night.

Old
04-27-2011, 12:37 PM
24Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestIslander View Post

Thomas, Marchand, Bergeron and Chara can only do so much for the whole team.
Thomas hasn't had a stinker in a while and he's more than capable of this especially against the Canadiens. Back-to-back games and the minutes and way Chara plays is going to affect him as well. Not that we need help but here's hoping.

Old
04-27-2011, 12:47 PM
Patccmoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24Cups View Post
Thomas hasn't had a stinker in a while and he's more than capable of this especially against the Canadiens. Back-to-back games and the minutes and way Chara plays is going to affect him as well. Not that we need help but here's hoping.
Thomas had a MAJOR stinker last night, Pollock bailed him out.

Old
04-27-2011, 12:49 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
I agree. Here's the thing. IF (there's that word again) the Habs stay healthy next year, by that I mean 3 or 4 guys missing 10-20 games each, I think they might be killers.

Why? Confidence. Can you imagine the core and young guys who've had to play through this injury **** the last 2 years looking down the bench and seeing Marky, Gorges, and Pax healthy?

And looking down the bench and seeing the addition of a strong young D for Hammer, and a 20 goal 220 pound 3rd line banger ?

And seeing Carey and PK just get better?

IF (there's that word again, again) that happens, this team will have massive confidence next year at PO time. Massive. And they should.

Playing through this adversity has steeled this team. With a healthy lineup, I think they will be a very very confident and real threat next year.
Plus, we discovered little gems like Desharnais and White. These won't go back to the Dogs, that's for sure.

Old
04-27-2011, 12:50 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2112 View Post
PK Subban put on a clinic last night.
What do u mean?

Old
04-27-2011, 12:58 PM
Forsead

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolkaTruesilver View Post
What do u mean?
He surely talk about Dr. Recchi medical clinic.

Old
04-27-2011, 01:11 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
I don't know that it was a "bad" call. A ticky-tacky call for sure, but Price was in his blue paint, and Bergeron tried to take a short cut through the absolute tippy-top sliver of it and made contact. I think Price sold it a bit, but I've seen most refs make that call in similar situations, and he DID get smacked in the face with a slash at one point that went uncalled, so karma balance.
Personally, I think it's kind of nuts for a goalie to 'dive'. If he doesn't get the call and the puck is in his zone, he's opening himself up to being out of position. I think it's a very dangerous strategy.

Closed Thread