HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

2011 WCSF -Round 2- (5) Nashville Predators 2 vs. (1) Vancouver Canucks 4

Closed Thread

Old
04-27-2011, 02:23 PM
PredsV82
Snot Doc

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxClearTheCreasexx View Post
I don't remember hearing that hockey didn't belong in Tennesse. I've heard alot of skeptics on talk radio shows etc but never downright hockey doesn't belong there. They save those kinds of comments for Florida and Atlanta . Anyways The view from canada about the preds for years has been a hardworking team with a great coach, minimal talent, and shea weber. That said I don't mind others jumping on the bandwagon, how else are they going to learn about the team if it isn't now. All are welcome in my books.
sorry but you just havent been listening or reading in the right places.

Canadian media(Toronto Sun in particular), the Hockey News, even Mick Kern on XM have all more or less said the preds should be moved and/or never should have been put in nashville in the first place.

Which is why I really really REALLY want to oust Canadas biggest hope for a Cup.

Old
04-27-2011, 02:34 PM
luongo321

Apparently the game is confirmed for tomorrow.

Game 1 (thursday) 6 PM pacific time. What kind of random start time is that? I wanted 7. oh well. one less hour to wait for gametime. Here's to a good series!

Old
04-27-2011, 02:37 PM
Tennman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by luongo321 View Post
Apparently the game is confirmed for tomorrow.

Game 1 (thursday) 6 PM pacific time. What kind of random start time is that? I wanted 7. oh well. one less hour to wait for gametime. Here's to a good series!
I'm sure it is to accommodate TV. Remember that is 9 EST. The closer to primetime the more viewers you will have.

Old
04-27-2011, 02:51 PM
Everlong
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
sorry but you just havent been listening or reading in the right places.

Canadian media(Toronto Sun in particular), the Hockey News, even Mick Kern on XM have all more or less said the preds should be moved and/or never should have been put in nashville in the first place.

Which is why I really really REALLY want to oust Canadas biggest hope for a Cup.
One, the Toronto Sun is garbage, don't ever listen to them. Two, those comments were most likely made out of ignorance due to lack of exposure, rather than actually knowing the numbers so don't pout. Three, if the canadian team isn't the leafs, screw em. Preds are gonna beat up on luongo and the canuckleheads.

Old
04-27-2011, 03:05 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Canucklehead View Post
I don't live in Vancouver, but I agree it's absurd, especially from a marketing POV. You'd ideally like a few days to sell the tickets to the game, and from a fan POV, you may have to change your plans/work schedule at the drop of a hat to accomodate.

Definitely bizarre, also bizarre that there would apparently be no break whatsoever between the finish of Round 1 today and the start of Round 2 tomorrow. I thought--traditionally--there was a one or two game break...
I thought the same thing. Usually there is a couple of days off between the end of one series and start of the next. Nashville has had their rest, so I think, shy of getting some guys back from injury, we wouldn't benefit much from that break. It might actually be better for us to start ASAP to keep the Canucks from nursing any minor injuries, getting their energy back, and watching tape. The longer we take off between games the more likely we are to be sloppy going into Game 1

Old
04-27-2011, 05:07 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
I thought the same thing. Usually there is a couple of days off between the end of one series and start of the next. Nashville has had their rest, so I think, shy of getting some guys back from injury, we wouldn't benefit much from that break. It might actually be better for us to start ASAP to keep the Canucks from nursing any minor injuries, getting their energy back, and watching tape. The longer we take off between games the more likely we are to be sloppy going into Game 1
Yeah, I think the lack of a break could benefit both teams as neither of them appear too banged up and both will be riding respective highs. It's just a bit of a quick announcement to be made.

Regardless--I'm not complaining about it starting tomorrow! The less time between hockey nights, the better!

Any gut feelings on guys who will be stepping up for your team?

Old
04-27-2011, 05:11 PM
Suter x 20

Quote:
Yeah, I think the lack of a break could benefit both teams as neither of them appear too banged up and both will be riding respective highs. It's just a bit of a quick announcement to be made.

Regardless--I'm not complaining about it starting tomorrow! The less time between hockey nights, the better!

Got a feeling SOB takes plenty of stupid penalties but also pots a couple key goals. Other than that, I see Rinne going back to form and Kostitsyn putting up a few.

Still don't feel good, though. Want this series to start now!

Old
04-27-2011, 05:17 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Quote:

Depends on what you mean by stepping up. Weber and Suter ought to play to expectations. I'm not sure if that counts. Rinne definitely has room to step his game up, so I'm hoping he is one of them. After that we've already seen a few players stepping it up. Fisher has been pretty damn good. SK has been making some beautiful plays, but that's normal I guess. Would like to see him shoot more. Tootoo has been flat out unstoppable in every part of his game since coming back, but especially so in the play offs so far. Working hard to score dirty goals or set up teammates, though his effort has made some of those plays highlight reel rather than dirty. Spaling has been huge. He's scored some points, but his defense is where he can really give another team fits. Ward has been playing great. If the Ward/Legwand/Erat line (assuming Erat plays) can get hot we're looking good. Klein and Blum (especially Blum) have been good. Franson has had his moments. SOB looked pretty good in games 1,5, and 6, and I expect him to want to make a difference in this series.

Yeah I basically just listed the whole team, but that's how we roll. Either everyone steps up, or we just aren't doing ourselves justice

Old
thestryker09

from a hawks fan, we had our differences, but I unite with the preds in taking the evil out that is the canucks. Be careful, they complain non-stop about penalties if they start losing. Don't get me wrong they are good and talented, but all the complaining is unnecessary. Also, getting in Luongo's head is key. Light him up right away, and he becomes useless. once again, GO PREDS! Take down the president's trophy winners! Oh, and GG to all the level headed canuck fans who read this, tough fought series. Hopefully different next time!

Last edited by thestryker09: 04-27-2011 at 05:26 PM.
Old
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdm18 View Post
Got a feeling SOB takes plenty of stupid penalties but also pots a couple key goals. Other than that, I see Rinne going back to form and Kostitsyn putting up a few.

Still don't feel good, though. Want this series to start now!
Ditto for us and Luongo. Getting past Chicago will, hopefully, allow him to finally turn the page on that. His playoff performance outside of the three matchups with Chicago has been very impressive.

Both the years SOB was with Vancouver, he scored in our final playoff game when the going was tough. He can play, walking the line of discipline has always been his issue.

I really only got to see most of Game 5 in your series against Anaheim, but wow. The Smithson/Tootoo pairing in particular was absolutely remarkable, and Weber was a beast towards the end of the game.

Looking forward to a good series with you guys!

Old
04-27-2011, 05:18 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Depends on what you mean by stepping up. Weber and Suter ought to play to expectations. I'm not sure if that counts. Rinne definitely has room to step his game up, so I'm hoping he is one of them. After that we've already seen a few players stepping it up. Fisher has been pretty damn good. SK has been making some beautiful plays, but that's normal I guess. Would like to see him shoot more. Tootoo has been flat out unstoppable in every part of his game since coming back, but especially so in the play offs so far. Working hard to score dirty goals or set up teammates, though his effort has made some of those plays highlight reel rather than dirty. Spaling has been huge. He's scored some points, but his defense is where he can really give another team fits. Ward has been playing great. If the Ward/Legwand/Erat line (assuming Erat plays) can get hot we're looking good. Klein and Blum (especially Blum) have been good. Franson has had his moments. SOB looked pretty good in games 1,5, and 6, and I expect him to want to make a difference in this series.

Yeah I basically just listed the whole team, but that's how we roll. Either everyone steps up, or we just aren't doing ourselves justice
Very nicely put; it's definitely a team game. Can't wait until tomorrow!

Old
04-27-2011, 05:25 PM
predfan24

The series starting tomorrow is a big advantage for us IMO. That series with the Hawks was so emotional and the last game so physical I don't see how the Canucks don't have some sort of post series hangover both physically and mentally.

Perfect opportunity to steal game one.

Old
04-27-2011, 05:36 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan24 View Post
The series starting tomorrow is a big advantage for us IMO. That series with the Hawks was so emotional and the last game so physical I don't see how the Canucks don't have some sort of post series hangover both physically and mentally.

Perfect opportunity to steal game one.
Agreed. It'll be an interesting test of the Canucks' mental resolve to see what kind of effort they come out with.

On another note, Joel Ward is the only player I've ever heard of to crack the NHL after making his way through the Canadian university system...he spent a full four years at the University of Prince Edward Island after playing in the OHL before he went pro. I don't know of another player playing in the game today off the top of my head who's done that--it's impressive.

Old
04-27-2011, 05:50 PM
DTrain009

I was really hoping we didn't get Nashville. Not because I think we will lose but cuz your kind of like the western conference good guys. most underated team in the league for a long time now. EVERYONE will be hoppin on your wagon, hopin the underdog takes it.
Vancouver was absolutely nuts last night, There is still so much pressure on our team to win. Everyone on the team knows this is probably going to be the best chance they will have at the cup in their career. I'm curious to see how the preds will play in Vancouver, the home crowd will be going crazy tomorrow night. so much emotion in the Chicago series that with only 1 day in between it will be flowing over into this game. Gonna be a hell of a series.

Old
04-27-2011, 05:53 PM
DTrain009

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxClearTheCreasexx View Post
Three, if the canadian team isn't the leafs, screw em.
Are you saying screw every team BUT the leafs?? Leafs suck bro, most people in Canada agree.

Old
04-27-2011, 06:01 PM
parabola
༼ つ ಥ_ಥ ༽つỏ̷͖͈̞̩͎̻̫̫

Just dropping by to say good luck. Good series ahead, yes?

04-27-2011, 06:12 PM
Russian Pred
ˇNo Pasarán!

Erat is practicing with the Preds

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20...ns-to-practice

Old
04-27-2011, 06:19 PM
Suter x 20

Thought he got a concussion when I saw the hit.

Old
04-27-2011, 06:24 PM
PredsChik

Didn't know where to post this,... Nobody jump the gun on the GDT. Like before. I'll have it up between 11 and 1-ish. So excited! Go Preds!!!

Old
04-27-2011, 06:57 PM
Suter x 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by parabola View Post
Yeah, Nashville vs Anaheim should be a good one!

What team do you root for? Anaheim?

Only kidding

Old
04-27-2011, 07:04 PM
FlexinMyPeks
Impekkable

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsChik20 View Post
Didn't know where to post this,... Nobody jump the gun on the GDT. Like before. I'll have it up between 11 and 1-ish. So excited! Go Preds!!!
I don't think anyone is going to argue with you doing the GDT.

Old
04-27-2011, 07:06 PM
FlexinMyPeks
Impekkable

Great news. We definitely need Marty for this series.

Old
04-27-2011, 07:23 PM
FlexinMyPeks
Impekkable

http://brenthrax.blogspot.com/2011/0...ber-facts.html

A few facts about Shea Weber. I'm sure most of these are true.

Old
04-27-2011, 07:25 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trade Legwand View Post
I'll try to snag an extra for you. I wonder if you could contact the Preds and have them ship one to you?

They might even get the team to sign it?
Hah well, if that's possible sure. Anyone know who I could contact to make such a request?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlexinMyPeks View Post
I'll send you one of mine that I get. Thats a promise.
Thank you kindly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
It's a funny thing. I enjoy watching the Red Wings team, but absolutely despise the fans. I don't mind Ducks fans, but I utterly hate the team.

I wonder if a trade can be rearranged so hate can be properly concentrated.

Go Preds Go.
I understand exactly what you mean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by parabola View Post
Going to be a great series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsChik20 View Post
Go for it, do us proud!

Old
04-27-2011, 07:34 PM
luongo321

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennman View Post
I'm sure it is to accommodate TV. Remember that is 9 EST. The closer to primetime the more viewers you will have.
I don't really buy that. If that was the case, what about all of our other home games that normally start at 10 Eastern time?

Closed Thread