HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Malkin moves to 34th and 7th

Old
04-27-2011, 06:32 PM
Machinehead
RIP Robin Williams

vCash: 500
Malkin moves to 34th and 7th

So I've been hearing alot of rumors about Malkin getting dealt. Not that I think Pittsburgh would ever dream of trading him within the division, but I was just curious, what would you guys give up for him hypothetically?

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 06:36 PM
McMonster

What would I give up?... anything they ask for.

McMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 06:37 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Gaborik

Although expect us to meet PIT in the playoffs next year and have Gaborik score for PIT with 7.7 seconds left

04-27-2011, 06:39 PM
NaturalIce

I don't see him getting dealt, but with that said let's examine what pitt needs. They moved goligoski so we start with del zotto. I personally believe they have an incredibly weak farm system (and dare I say have been a pretty terrible drafting team other than the obvious picks in crosby and malkin) so we add kreider. Finally and more difficultly, we need to find a roster player worth their while. Dubinsky and crosby on the same team oviously wouldn't work, and I don't think we'd give up cally, so maybe anisimov and our 1st this year?

So we have:

Kreider
Del zotto
Anisimov
1st 2011 (15th overall)

For

Malkin

How's that look? It's a lot and obviously they would rather not trade him in their own division but that might not even get it done.

NaturalIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 06:40 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaturalIce View Post
I don't see him getting dealt, but with that said let's examine what pitt needs. They moved goligoski so we start with del zotto. I personally believe they have an incredibly weak farm system (and dare I say have been a pretty terrible drafting team other than the obvious picks in crosby and malkin) so we add kreider. Finally and more difficultly, we need to find a roster player worth their while. Dubinsky and crosby on the same team oviously wouldn't work, and I don't think we'd give up cally, so maybe anisimov and our 1st this year?

So we have:

Kreider
Del zotto
Anisimov
1st 2011 (15th overall)

For

Malkin

How's that look? It's a lot and obviously they would rather not trade him in their own division but that might not even get it done.
Put that on the main board and see how that looks, you'd get verbally murdered for a proposal like that.

New York RKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 06:41 PM
NaturalIce

Also, gabby is left out because if they are trading malkin it's presumably for cap space.

Old
04-27-2011, 06:43 PM
HVPOLARBEARS19

Send a message via AIM to HVPOLARBEARS19 Send a message via MSN to HVPOLARBEARS19
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Love Rebecca Black View Post
Put that on the main board and see how that looks, you'd get verbally murdered for a proposal like that.
Dude, I don't care about these proposal threads at all, but your username, avatar and little catch phrase is so awesome.

HVPOLARBEARS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 06:43 PM
mike14

Assuming they were to trade him it would be for cap reasons and to fill a need.
Despite getting Neal I'd say they still want a top 6 (pref top line) winger as the main part of a trade. Outside of gabby (too expensive) the Rangers don't have a winger that Pitt would want as the center-piece of a trade

mike14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 06:44 PM
JeffMangum
Ra shi da

vCash: 300
No thanks, he's not the same Malkin from 2 years ago. And yet people still act like he is valued as such...

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HVPOLARBEARS19 View Post
Dude, I don't care about these proposal threads at all, but your username, avatar and little catch phrase is so awesome.
It's not by choice!

Old
NaturalIce

Quote:
Honestly we don't have the pieces to get it done. Malkin is good but remember he is owed a ton of money, is coming off 2 consecutive injury riddled years. He's a top ten player in this league no doubt but the truth is, big trades like this don't happen often enough because they require gutting one team too much. That is a package for an all star player in his contract year (what a guy like kovalchuck or hossa would require)

Old
McMonster

Quote:
So we have:

Kreider
Del zotto
Anisimov
1st 2011 (15th overall)

For

Malkin

How's that look?
ROFL.

McMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 06:45 PM
Machinehead
RIP Robin Williams

Quote:

So we have:

Kreider
Del zotto
Anisimov
1st 2011 (15th overall)

For

Malkin

I would do it and have to change my pants 3 times in the process. Don't think PIT would though. One of Dubinsky/Callahan/Staal, if not 2 of them, would be a must.

Old
04-27-2011, 06:46 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
I would do it and have to change my pants 3 times in the process. Don't think PIT would though. One of Dubinsky/Callahan/Staal, if not 2 of them, would be a must.
It would start with 2 of them and probably one of Kreider or MDZ to even get PIT to take us seriously.

Old
04-27-2011, 06:46 PM
Machinehead
RIP Robin Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Mastrosimone View Post
No thanks, he's not the same Malkin from 2 years ago. And yet people still act like he is valued as such...
I think he's disgruntled, and would be an absolute megastar away from Crosby. Frankly, I can't blame him. If I were that good, I wouldn't wanna be #2 either.

Old
04-27-2011, 06:47 PM
JeffMangum
Ra shi da

vCash: 300
Quote:
I think he's disgruntled, and would be an absolute megastar away from Crosby. Frankly, I can't blame him. If I were that good, I wouldn't wanna be #2 either.
He still gets regular #1 ice time.

With the injuries he's had, and the way he has been playing for two years, Richards is a better option than he is at the moment. He won't require gutting the team, and he'll put up similar numbers, while being better defensively.

JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 06:48 PM
Machinehead
RIP Robin Williams

Quote:
It would start with 2 of them and probably one of Kreider or MDZ to even get PIT to take us seriously.
If it'll take two of them, it has to be Dubi and Staal. No Callahan. What you get out of Cally for his price makes him one of the most cap-valuable players in the league. I'm not willing to part with that.

Old
04-27-2011, 06:49 PM
Machinehead
RIP Robin Williams

Quote:

With the injuries he's had, and the way he has been playing for two years, Richards is a better option than he is at the moment. He won't require gutting the team, and he'll put up similar numbers, while being better defensively.
Richards is less of a risk for sure, but Malkin's peak makes Richards' peak look like an anthill.

Old
04-27-2011, 06:50 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
This isn't a serious post is it..

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 06:52 PM
SlingshotVv
nerdy wrist-locks

Quote:

So we have:

Kreider
Del zotto
Anisimov
1st 2011 (15th overall)

For

Malkin

that package would get destroyed by 20 other teams that would be interested in an available Malkin.

try:

Dubinsky
Stepan
McDonagh
+

You're trying to land one of the NHL's premier centers, at the very beginning of his prime, inside the same division.

and in all honesty, as much as i love dubi and McD, I'd do it.

SlingshotVv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

vCash: 373
Quote:

Steven go get some fresh air. You're right about Richards being easier to acquire but if the opportunity presented itself I'd take Malkin 10 times out of 10 over Richards.

Barbara Underhill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Swept In Seven
Muh Offensive Talent

vCash: 116
Quote:
exactly he is not the MVP that he was, and he is also coming off a serious knee injury.

Swept In Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 06:54 PM
NaturalIce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsteppp View Post
ROFL.
And that's why trades for players like malkin almost never happen without some odd circumstances, in the post lockout nhl. Why give up players like staal and dubinsky in a deal for one guy with world class talent, that hasn't helped his team win in 2 years because of injuries? Listen we all know malkin is a top player, but you just don't trade away your entire team for a guy, and a team doesn't trade a guy like malkin unless they have to.

Old
04-27-2011, 06:54 PM
NHRangerfan
enfoonts

Quote:
Think Sam and Joe wold be calling him Geno like Steigy and Errey? Pretty sure Al would.

NHRangerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 06:55 PM
Swept In Seven
Muh Offensive Talent

vCash: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpNYR View Post
This isn't a serious post is it..
it is, Malkin is amazing, but he is coming off of a major knee injury. Also he is not producing like he was 2 years ago. I mean I would love to have Malkin, but he is a bit of a gamble, and having to gut the youth to get him does not sound appealing

Swept In Seven is offline   Reply With Quote