HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

3 Kings to Edm

Old
04-27-2011, 10:07 AM
Fourier

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
Because personally, I don't see Omark being a long term fit in the top six. He's flashy and works hard, but he's too lazy on the backcheck and has zero awareness defensively. I like his game, but would rather have pieces that fit our team now and that we can go forward with (Stoll and Greene). Gagner at this point isn't much better than Stoll, and the Oil have serious faceoff issues, so we need a guy like Stoll. I wouldn't trade our young guys for random pieces, but for pieces that fit our team needs, I would do it. Only if Tambellini is planning on drafting RNH or moving Hall to centre in a year or so.
Shouldn't the issue be three years from now rather than now. This package will have almost no real effect on the Oilers when it counts. For almost $13M don't you think you might able to do as well for free on the UFA market?

Fourier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 10:54 AM
Slimjim94

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtysauce View Post
Stoll, Smyth and Greene.

What does LA want?
The keys to the city

Slimjim94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 01:12 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourier View Post
Shouldn't the issue be three years from now rather than now. This package will have almost no real effect on the Oilers when it counts. For almost $13M don't you think you might able to do as well for free on the UFA market?
In 3 years, Gagner will be the best player out of all 5, I will admit that, but he will still likely be a 2nd line centre. In 3 years, I don't see Omark being an Oiler anyway, Stoll and Greene will still be in their prime, and Smyth will be on the verge of retirement, if he hasn't already done so. Bringing these three players in will add some much needed positive veteran experience to the Oiler locker room, something that is lacking right now. And no, I don't think we could fill 3 major holes on this roster for $13 million on the free agent market, if you don't remember recent history, the Oil have a hard time filling holes with quality free agents.

Forwards
Next season:
Hall-Horcoff-Eberle
Pajaarvi-Stoll-Hemsky
Smyth-Cogliano (or RNH)-Hartikainen

In two seasons
Hall-Horcoff-Eberle
Pajaarvi-RNH-Hemsky (or Hartikainen if we don't bring Hemsky back)
Smyth-Pitlick- ???

Defense
Next Season
Whitney-Greene
Gilbert-Foster
Petry-Peckham

Whitney-Greene
Gilbert-Petry
Marincin-Peckham

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 04:37 PM
northernKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
Where does he fit in though?

I am not a Lombardi fan by any stretch, but he has to be smart enough realize the team cannot go into next season with Stoll as the 2nd line center. He has proven time and time again he is not suited for that role, and ending the season in another one of his "slumps" should be all Lombardi has to see.

Either they are 100% sure that Schenn or Loktionov can step up and be that guy or they are going to make a move, whether it's signing Richards or making a play for another top center in the trade market, there is just no way they can't improve the 2nd line center spot. If Jarret Stoll starts next season on a scoring line the Kings management failed this summer.

Trevor Lewis who was wonderful in the playoff series is going to be the Kings shutdown center for years to come. And should be the Kings 3rd line center next season.

So that leaves a $3.5 million dollar 4th line center who is a Top 10 faceoff guy who excels in the shootout? I guess.
I would like to see LA bring in a 2nd line center and let Schenn play a year in the AHL and bring him along slowly like SJ did with Couture. Maybe sign Tim Connolly to a one year deal? There were rumors he was almost a King at the deadline. Ideally LA lands Richards.

northernKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 06:37 PM
OilersPride04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurrilino View Post
Parjaavi... that's it

Pls fax the papers
You Want Parjaavi Go ahead ill just take Brayden Schenn And Your next 2 First picks

OilersPride04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 06:50 PM
Fourier

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
In 3 years, Gagner will be the best player out of all 5, I will admit that, but he will still likely be a 2nd line centre. In 3 years, I don't see Omark being an Oiler anyway, Stoll and Greene will still be in their prime, and Smyth will be on the verge of retirement, if he hasn't already done so. Bringing these three players in will add some much needed positive veteran experience to the Oiler locker room, something that is lacking right now. And no, I don't think we could fill 3 major holes on this roster for $13 million on the free agent market, if you don't remember recent history, the Oil have a hard time filling holes with quality free agents.

Forwards
Next season:
Hall-Horcoff-Eberle
Pajaarvi-Stoll-Hemsky
Smyth-Cogliano (or RNH)-Hartikainen

In two seasons
Hall-Horcoff-Eberle
Pajaarvi-RNH-Hemsky (or Hartikainen if we don't bring Hemsky back)
Smyth-Pitlick- ???

Defense
Next Season
Whitney-Greene
Gilbert-Foster
Petry-Peckham

Whitney-Greene
Gilbert-Petry
Marincin-Peckham
The issue for me is not trading Gagner, or even Omark. It is the nature of the return. None of these players fit into the long term plans of the Oilers.

And for the record, if Greene is going to be the sloution as a top pairing guy the Oilers are in deep trouble.

Fourier is offline   Reply With Quote