HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ALL JERSEY TALK HERE - Who cares if it's real or fake? (Cont'd)

Closed Thread

Old
04-26-2011, 01:13 PM
JohnnyOnTheSpot
I Believe in G-Sus

vCash: 500
No problem. I figure I might as well contribute to this thread with my collection. I only collect real jerseys...not a big fan of the knock-offs. I have some replicas but I'm trying to focus on authentics. Here are a few highlights from my Flyers faction; I linked to my collection as well which has a ton more:

My Collection

Old
04-27-2011, 05:02 PM
zamboni88

Just received 2 Claude Giroux All Star jerseys from my Chinese supplier. One adult and one kids size. Overall I am happy. $90 for both shipped.

Old
04-27-2011, 06:52 PM
flountown

Johnnyonthespot

Is that LeClair all-star you stripped the Lindros off of?

If so, were the name/numbers salvageable, I'd pay for shipping to take it off your hands in the hopes that I find one down the road.

Old
04-27-2011, 07:10 PM
JohnnyOnTheSpot
I Believe in G-Sus

Quote:
Originally Posted by flountown View Post
Johnnyonthespot

Is that LeClair all-star you stripped the Lindros off of?

If so, were the name/numbers salvageable, I'd pay for shipping to take it off your hands in the hopes that I find one down the road.
Haha yea....it was worth it. The customization was wrong anyway so I believe it was trashed. Sorry man, if I knew you wanted it I would have asked for the return :/

Old
04-27-2011, 07:18 PM
flountown

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyOnTheSpot View Post
Haha yea....it was worth it. The customization was wrong anyway so I believe it was trashed. Sorry man, if I knew you wanted it I would have asked for the return :/
No worries, probably would have been more trouble than it's worth.

Old
04-27-2011, 07:18 PM
FlyerSithLord

Send a message via AIM to FlyerSithLord
An uncle bought me a Giroux jersey with the stanley cup finals logo last summer. It was a nice guesture, but it was a knock-off. It has the tie-down strap in the back, but the R in Giroux is a circle instead of the normal R. Was thinking of maybe taking it somewhere and having the correct name plate put on it.

Old
04-27-2011, 07:21 PM
JohnnyOnTheSpot
I Believe in G-Sus

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyerSithLord View Post
An uncle bought me a Giroux jersey with the stanley cup finals logo last summer. It was a nice guesture, but it was a knock-off. It has the tie-down strap in the back, but the R in Giroux is a circle instead of the normal R. Was thinking of maybe taking it somewhere and having the correct name plate put on it.
Any Skate Zone will be able to do it, they use the official Flyers customizers. They'll fix knock offs, they fixed my buddies.

Yea Floun I hear you. I still get crap from my friends for doing that to a Lindros haha.

Old
04-27-2011, 07:23 PM
FlyerSithLord

Quote:
Any Skate Zone will be able to do it, they use the official Flyers customizers. They'll fix knock offs, they fixed my buddies.
oh ok, thanks. Any idea on the price for the name plate? I've never had one swapped before.

Old
04-27-2011, 07:28 PM
JohnnyOnTheSpot
I Believe in G-Sus

Quote:
oh ok, thanks. Any idea on the price for the name plate? I've never had one swapped before.
No problem. I think it cost him $10-15 at the most. Might have even been $7.

Old
04-27-2011, 07:32 PM
FlyerSithLord

Quote:
No problem. I think it cost him $10-15 at the most. Might have even been $7.
oh nice, that's not bad at all.

Old
04-27-2011, 08:08 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
I had an old Knuble Reebok Black converted to a Leino a the Voohees Skatezone... for all who have heard this a few times before, please excuse my repeating... I paid around $25.00 because it was a multi-layered customization (compared to the single layered Orange Retro Home and White Retro Road/WC)... Had it not, it would have been only $20.00.

They did a bang up job but had to overlay the panel since they won't remove heat pressed customization as the Knuble one was... I suggested the placing over and they agreed to do so... I asked them to make sure they matched the color with the Premier Replica since the orange color shade is not the same as the Edge Authentic. They marked it on the tag they sent out with it -- I saw the tag -- and it came back a perfect match... Totally worth the money IMO.

Old
04-27-2011, 08:16 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

I now get to wear my Pronger to Game One of the Eastern Semifinals... I have the anal policy of not wearing a jersey to a game the Player is scratched in if I know going in... I wanted to wear it mostly because it was my main jersey in last year's long run, taking more of the games than others in the rotation... I'm anal AND superstitious LOL.

Now, Pronger is up and running and my #20 Winter Classic is ready to be taken out of the closet and dusted off for another long Postseason run.

Old
04-27-2011, 08:21 PM
JohnnyOnTheSpot
I Believe in G-Sus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdalite View Post
I had an old Knuble Reebok Black converted to a Leino a the Voohees Skatezone... for all who have heard this a few times before, please excuse my repeating... I paid around $25.00 because it was a multi-layered customization (compared to the single layered Orange Retro Home and White Retro Road/WC)... Had it not, it would have been only $20.00.

They did a bang up job but had to overlay the panel since they won't remove heat pressed customization as the Knuble one was... I suggested the placing over and they agreed to do so... I asked them to make sure they matched the color with the Premier Replica since the orange color shade is not the same as the Edge Authentic. They marked it on the tag they sent out with it -- I saw the tag -- and it came back a perfect match... Totally worth the money IMO.
How long ago did you get it done? The Northeast SZ was the first to use Philly Express (the official customizer) and they did so around the SCF last year. They got the rest to convert. Also, if they did use PE, there will be some discrepancies with the old unis. They use twill name plates as opposed to the Edge ones used on the old unis. Also, never get an older jersey done at a SZ, since PE CANNOT do them correctly.

Old
04-27-2011, 08:24 PM
hof2120

Me wants a Meszaros jersey. So damn bad.

Old
04-27-2011, 08:37 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
How long ago did you get it done? The Northeast SZ was the first to use Philly Express (the official customizer) and they did so around the SCF last year. They got the rest to convert. Also, if they did use PE, there will be some discrepancies with the old unis. They use twill name plates as opposed to the Edge ones used on the old unis. Also, never get an older jersey done at a SZ, since PE CANNOT do them correctly.
It was done I guess around November or so of 2010... before the Christmas rush IIRC. I had two blank WCs done with Giroux and Timmonen as well as an 'A' added to my Pronger WC and the Home Black Premier Knuble that was converted to the Leino.

So it was an older jersey but still the new Reebok as opposed to the old CCM/KOHO... The panel used is to me undetectable to the others I've seen, but that is from memory and not side by side comparison... And as I said the color shade matched the one on the single-layered numbers and trim.

I was led to believe by the SZ people that they make them up themselves and that is one reason the cost was $5.00 more for the multi-layers... and that is why they can match the color shade.

Old
04-27-2011, 08:46 PM
JohnnyOnTheSpot
I Believe in G-Sus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdalite View Post
It was done I guess around November or so of 2010... before the Christmas rush IIRC. I had two blank WCs done with Giroux and Timmonen as well as an 'A' added to my Pronger WC and the Home Black Premier Knuble that was converted to the Leino.

So it was an older jersey but still the new Reebok as opposed to the old CCM/KOHO... The panel used is to me undetectable to the others I've seen, but that is from memory and not side by side comparison... And as I said the color shade matched the one on the single-layered numbers and trim.

I was led to believe by the SZ people that they make them up themselves and that is one reason the cost was $5.00 more for the multi-layers... and that is why they can match the color shade.
No I understand, it was the old Edge unis. They'll do WCs and the orange ones fine. PE took over customization when the orange unis came in. There are actually slight differences between sleeve fonts:

The top are the old, the bottom new. PE can't do the old style correctly, they butchered my Giroux I posted above.

I'm sure your Leino is fine, but I'm also sure that if PE did it they used twill for the nameplate, which technically is incorrect but no one really cares about that haha. Which SZ did you go to? Maybe they all hadn't switched at that time or something, I don't know. I do know they're saving a ton by going to PE.

Old
04-27-2011, 10:20 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
No I understand, it was the old Edge unis. They'll do WCs and the orange ones fine. PE took over customization when the orange unis came in. There are actually slight differences between sleeve fonts:

The top are the old, the bottom new. PE can't do the old style correctly, they butchered my Giroux I posted above.

I'm sure your Leino is fine, but I'm also sure that if PE did it they used twill for the nameplate, which technically is incorrect but no one really cares about that haha. Which SZ did you go to? Maybe they all hadn't switched at that time or something, I don't know. I do know they're saving a ton by going to PE.
I use Voorhees SZ... The only old style I got done there was the Leino name change, all else was the WC jerseys which were done perfectly and cheaply... compared to FanGear prices, and also sewn on rather than the heat pressed FanGear and often retail store jerseys.

Also... I was able to get the 'A' for my Pronger WC sewn on when the WFC still had not received their backlogged iron on ones that they expected around March 2010... I paid $8.00 while the WFC is $5.00 when they have them; I rather pay $3.00 more to have it sewn anyway.

V-SZ also has the slightly larger numbers & letters than the WFC... and much larger than the single-layer crap sold at FanGear for the same cost and slightly less at retail outlets.

Old
05-06-2011, 08:57 AM
Phunhog
HFBoards Sponsor

I live in Dover,De (about 1:30 minutes from Philly) and want to get a replica Claude Giroux 2011 road jersey. I want the number overlap on the sleeves and no heat pressed bullsh*t. I looked at the skate zone online and they only have the 2009-2010 road jersey's. I have about $180 bucks to spend on this so if you can point me in the right direction I'd surely appreciate it. P.S. I don't want one with a WC patch or a SC patch. Thanx.

Old
05-06-2011, 11:49 AM
hof2120

As far as I know, they don't offer customization for the new road jerseys yet at the Skate Zone, but other people in here would know better than I would. And there are 2 different kinds of replicas you can get at the Flyers Fan Gear Shop...the ones with the BS heat pressed letters/numbers, and some that are actually sewn on. In my experience, even the sewn on ones aren't worth it though. The font is wrong for the letters and the numbers rarely, if ever, actually overlap. My Richie jersey I got from there is ok, but it's **** compared to my Bobrovsky and JvR jerseys from the NE Philadelphia SZ.

Old
05-06-2011, 08:08 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by hof2120 View Post
As far as I know, they don't offer customization for the new road jerseys yet at the Skate Zone, but other people in here would know better than I would. And there are 2 different kinds of replicas you can get at the Flyers Fan Gear Shop...the ones with the BS heat pressed letters/numbers, and some that are actually sewn on. In my experience, even the sewn on ones aren't worth it though. The font is wrong for the letters and the numbers rarely, if ever, actually overlap. My Richie jersey I got from there is ok, but it's **** compared to my Bobrovsky and JvR jerseys from the NE Philadelphia SZ.
Phunhog:

Voorhees SZ does sell the new road jerseys... they are hanging on the back wall and IIRC on some racks. I believe they customize what they sell, so I'd expect to be able to buy desired 2010-11 retro whites there.

I know for a fact from personal experience that they do customize Winter Classic jerseys with the proper kits and I believe that they are the same as the 2010-11 ones... I'd say the worst case scenario would be buying a blank some where and have them do you up.

...But I honestly believe I saw white blanks on the racks for sale... unless I'm confusing them with the old style roads (last season's) that they were selling. I suggest calling them to be 100% sure... Might even be able to order over the phone with a credit card and then picking up when done, although that is just a guess.

Good luck.

Last edited by Sawdalite: 05-06-2011 at 08:15 PM.
Old
05-06-2011, 11:05 PM
Mosetter27

skate zone has about 7 giroux's hanging up in the back some white and orange... i know cause i was just there .... tell them "Jersey Bill" sent you.... lol...

Old
05-07-2011, 06:48 PM
Mosetter27

welp havent posted any new pickups in a while as i was waiting to see if i was slapping 2011 SCF patches on a few ... welp now 2010SCF can go on my leino briere powe & boucher jerseys and these 2 will stay blank also a few all-star jerseys in here

lmk what yas think

I KNOW kimmo didnt wear the A

Old
05-07-2011, 09:41 PM
Shady McCoy
Eagles That Quack

Did you get the Timonen jersey done at the Skate Zone?

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Old
05-07-2011, 10:46 PM
Mosetter27

yes i did is there something wrong with it that i may be blind to?

Old
05-08-2011, 11:41 AM
Shady McCoy
Eagles That Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjd624 View Post
yes i did is there something wrong with it that i may be blind to?
Indeed. They do the wrong #4's. It was pointed out to me when I posted my Timonen jersey in February of '10 on here and I looked at my Sbisa jersey too and it was wrong.

Notice how the left side of the 4 doesn't go straight up and it goes outward a little. The Flyers don't use that type of font and as I believe it was posted that the Blackhawks use that font.

Closed Thread