HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Oilers-Kings

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-27-2011, 01:41 AM
  #1
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar
 
kingsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,241
vCash: 500
Oilers-Kings

Based off athe other thread asking about Stoll/Smyth/Greene I was wondering what Oil/Kings fans thought of this:

Matt Greene and Brad Richardson for Andrew Cogliano and 2011 2nd

*This deal is assuming LA doesn't land a top two line forward in the off-season.*

I think LA needs to clear a little cap space and make room on the backend for one of our many prospects and it seems Greene might be the odd guy out after the playoffs. Oilers seem to need a stay at home type with leadership/experience and Greeen would bring that.
Cogliano would add some offensive depth to the 3rd/4th line but more importantly would provide a lot of speed at a low cost as I doubt he resigns for much more that $1.5 mill per on a 2-3 year deal. Lewis would replace Richardson on the Clifford/Simmonds line.

I'll leave it up to Oilers fans to list their lines if they like the deal, but for LA I assume the trade would leave it like this for us:

Penner-Kopitar-Williams
Brown-Loktionov-Smyth
Stoll-Schenn-Cogliano
Clifford-Lewis-Simmonds
Parse-Moller-Westgarth

Doughty-Mitchell
Johnson-Scuds
Martinez-Hickey/Voynov/Muzzin
Drewiske

Quick
Bernier

With Smyth, Stoll and Penner likely leaving after the season it will open spots for guys to step up in the line up or bring up other kids from the minors. The trade also leaves us with players to package with a pick (such as Moller) to bring in a 2nd line centre if needed should Loktionov/Schenn not be able to fill the hole.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 02:55 AM
  #2
Oilmageddon*
What are you hearing
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Home of 5 Stanley's
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,142
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
Based off athe other thread asking about Stoll/Smyth/Greene I was wondering what Oil/Kings fans thought of this:

Matt Greene and Brad Richardson for Andrew Cogliano and 2011 2nd

*This deal is assuming LA doesn't land a top two line forward in the off-season.*

I think LA needs to clear a little cap space and make room on the backend for one of our many prospects and it seems Greene might be the odd guy out after the playoffs. Oilers seem to need a stay at home type with leadership/experience and Greeen would bring that.
Cogliano would add some offensive depth to the 3rd/4th line but more importantly would provide a lot of speed at a low cost as I doubt he resigns for much more that $1.5 mill per on a 2-3 year deal. Lewis would replace Richardson on the Clifford/Simmonds line.

I'll leave it up to Oilers fans to list their lines if they like the deal, but for LA I assume the trade would leave it like this for us:

Penner-Kopitar-Williams
Brown-Loktionov-Smyth
Stoll-Schenn-Cogliano
Clifford-Lewis-Simmonds
Parse-Moller-Westgarth

Doughty-Mitchell
Johnson-Scuds
Martinez-Hickey/Voynov/Muzzin
Drewiske

Quick
Bernier

With Smyth, Stoll and Penner likely leaving after the season it will open spots for guys to step up in the line up or bring up other kids from the minors. The trade also leaves us with players to package with a pick (such as Moller) to bring in a 2nd line centre if needed should Loktionov/Schenn not be able to fill the hole.
So done . but make the second in 2012 not giving up the 31st this year.

Oilmageddon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 03:01 AM
  #3
lebowski74
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Cali
Country: United States
Posts: 51
vCash: 500
I wouldn't trade Richardson alone for that package let alone Greene. No way Simmonds moves down to the fourth line.

lebowski74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 08:07 AM
  #4
SLAPSHOT723
Look out!!!
 
SLAPSHOT723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Long Island
Posts: 18,456
vCash: 500
What would you want from the Islanders for Matt Greene? I think he'd fit well with Streit.

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 10:26 AM
  #5
McDNicks17
Moderator
McDavid Cometh
 
McDNicks17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,543
vCash: 1115
Colin Fraser for Matt Greene.

McDNicks17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 12:38 PM
  #6
LombardiTool
Registered User
 
LombardiTool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Fontana, Ca
Country: United States
Posts: 2,786
vCash: 500
Some Kings fans make me laugh... after one bad series and they now consider a warrior like Greene "expendable". No thanks... not dealing him. He is a leader on ice and off.

LombardiTool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 02:43 PM
  #7
Reaper45
Registered User
 
Reaper45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: South Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 31,450
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimmondsFan View Post
Some Kings fans make me laugh... after one bad series and they now consider a warrior like Greene "expendable". No thanks... not dealing him. He is a leader on ice and off.
Exactly. It's mind-blowing.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 04:26 PM
  #8
Homesick
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Homesick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,454
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by lebowski74 View Post
I wouldn't trade Richardson alone for that package let alone Greene. No way Simmonds moves down to the fourth line.
You wouldnt trade Richardson for 31st overall, and Andrew Cogliano? What's so special about Richardson?

Homesick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 04:37 PM
  #9
Octavian1999
Registered User
 
Octavian1999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 83
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesick View Post
You wouldnt trade Richardson for 31st overall, and Andrew Cogliano? What's so special about Richardson?
Richardson is the type of player that all successful teams need on their roster. He plays hard and at full speed all the time. He goes to the corners, has the skill to put up points, kills penalties and just has a knack for making things happen when he's on the ice. He's by no means an elite player, but definitely a keeper.

Octavian1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 05:13 PM
  #10
Homesick
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Homesick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,454
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Octavian1999 View Post
Richardson is the type of player that all successful teams need on their roster. He plays hard and at full speed all the time. He goes to the corners, has the skill to put up points, kills penalties and just has a knack for making things happen when he's on the ice. He's by no means an elite player, but definitely a keeper.
Really? Sounds like you just described Cogliano(one of the fastest in the league).
Cogliano 5'10" 185lbs 23 years old
82GP 11G 24A 35Pts 64PiM -12 SH TOI/G 2:43 46BlkS 89Hits 41.6% FO

Richardson 5'11 189lbs 25 years old
68GP 7G 12A 19Pts 47PiM -13 SH TOI/G 0:57 11 BlkS 84Hits 50.1% FO

Neither player is worth a 31st overall alone. They're both 3rd/4th line pluggers.

I'll respond in typical HF fashion to save everyone the trouble -
Quote:
Try watching a game instead of just reading the stats. Richardson was a beast offensively in the playoffs.
Well I do watch the Kings a lot, because I follow Greene, Smyth, and Stoll(Doughty as well to a lesser extent). Richardson was brutal in the dot, and I swear on two occasions I saw him flinch away from blocking a shot....now I have to watch Heatley play another round

Homesick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 05:16 PM
  #11
Mr Sakich
Registered User
 
Mr Sakich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Motel 35
Posts: 8,278
vCash: 500
the oilers have Whitney, Petry, Gilbert, Smid, Foster, Peckham and Chorney on one way contracts next year.

I love Greene but he isn't going to be on any teams top pairing. He isn't much better than Smid on our 2nd pairing and he costs way to much to be on our 3rd pairing.

We just aren't a good fit for him and his contract.

Mr Sakich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 05:21 PM
  #12
Homesick
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Homesick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,454
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sakich View Post
the oilers have Whitney, Petry, Gilbert, Smid, Foster, Peckham and Chorney on one way contracts next year.

I love Greene but he isn't going to be on any teams top pairing. He isn't much better than Smid on our 2nd pairing and he costs way to much to be on our 3rd pairing.

We just aren't a good fit for him and his contract.
Greene is a lot better than Smid right now. Peckham is probably equal except for the cost

Homesick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 09:47 PM
  #13
Moses Doughty
Long term bandwagons
 
Moses Doughty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Drewbacca
Country: United States
Posts: 8,230
vCash: 500
Id think about it if its this last playoff Greene, heck no if its regular season Greener

Moses Doughty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 10:34 PM
  #14
Roof Daddy
Registered User
 
Roof Daddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 9,376
vCash: 500
Much rather keep Cogs over Richardson. Would love to have Greene back, but doubt the Kings would part with him for 31st. Deal never gets done.

Roof Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 10:49 PM
  #15
BringTheReign
Registered User
 
BringTheReign's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Orange County
Country: United States
Posts: 2,332
vCash: 500
If we get rid of Greene, there is no vocal leader in the lockerroom. And even if we did get rid of him, why for Cogliano?! And Richardson as well? No thanks.

BringTheReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 11:25 PM
  #16
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar
 
kingsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,241
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lebowski74 View Post
I wouldn't trade Richardson alone for that package let alone Greene. No way Simmonds moves down to the fourth line.
I like Richardson too, but you way overvalue him. He for Cogliano is fairly comparable, nevermind adding a near first rounder.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 11:27 PM
  #17
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar
 
kingsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,241
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimmondsFan View Post
Some Kings fans make me laugh... after one bad series and they now consider a warrior like Greene "expendable". No thanks... not dealing him. He is a leader on ice and off.
Like I said, salary and our depth chart are the real issues. His play wasn't great either, but he'd be kept in my opinion if we didn't have so many kids pushing at the door. His ice time to salary ratio give strong cause to suggest if a veteran blueliner is moved, he'd be the one.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 11:39 PM
  #18
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar
 
kingsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,241
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringTheReign View Post
If we get rid of Greene, there is no vocal leader in the lockerroom. And even if we did get rid of him, why for Cogliano?! And Richardson as well? No thanks.
Cogs will be one hell of a PK/two-way forward down the round I say. I think Oilers fans give him a bad rap because he ahsn't turned into a 25 goal-60-70 point guy, but with his speed and skill, he'll be a heck of a player in time. I can see a Jere Lehtinen type of player in the coming years.

He'll be a lot better than Richardson. If Richardson played in the playoffs like he did in the regular season no one would be fighting to keep him. He's a solid 3rd liner, but he won't amount to much more in my opinion.

And if we are relying on one guy to be our vocal leader, a guy who has all of 30 playoff games in his career, we might have issues. You win with a group effort in the locker room, as Chicago, Detroit, etc. Frankly if I'm a young King player I'm turning to guys like Smyth, Mitchell and Handzus or the guys who actually have a cup ring like Scuderi and Williams for some words of encouragement before Greene. Perhaps the guy who actually wears the C would be a better option as well.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2011, 12:04 AM
  #19
thadd
Oil4Life
 
thadd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: China
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,680
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to thadd
I wouldn't mind a deal like that. I'd really like Greene back. Same with Stoll. We'll throw in a 3rd rounder for him.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:18 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.