HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The History of Hockey
The History of Hockey Relive great moments in hockey history and discuss how the game has changed over time.

"Terrible Ref" complaints: History always repeats

Closed Thread

Old
08-11-2005, 01:16 PM
Snap Wilson

vCash: 500
The 1999 Stanley Cup Finals were decided on talent, not a technicality, and thank goodness for that.

Old
08-11-2005, 02:13 PM
Chaos
3, 2, 1

Send a message via MSN to Chaos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chock Full Of Booger
Talk about searching desperately for excuses. Just watched the replay: Morrow goes down as if from a sniper hit at about 1:40 remaining in the 3rd period. The only person in his vicinity was Ruslan Salei. Kariya was on the other side of the ice. Neither Morrow, nor Kariya, was on the ice when Ozolinsh scored at 1:06 remaining.

Morrow's....injury....had nothing to do with the breakdown that cost Dallas the series.
You must be watching something else then, because you could see it clear as day along the near boards, Kariya's stick come up and smack Morrow right in the face, as the Stars are struggling mightily to get the puck out of their end.

-Vagrant
Old
08-11-2005, 04:57 PM
Big Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter25
1987 Canada Cup and Don Koharski. The Russians would have won that tournament with an inpartial ref.
Explain that to me? Yeah the Russians were a great team and were one overitme shot away form winning the '87 Canada Cup but how exactly did Koharski stop them from winning?

In Game 3 with Russia up 3-2 at the end of the thrd Ray Bourque was tripped in his own zone and the Soviets went on to score to make it 4-2. No call. If you look at that game BOTH teams did a very good job at diving and making themselves look "tripped up". including Gretzky and Russians on the other side.

Koharski did a good job and the better team (by about an inch) won. But explain to me how the Russians were cheated then?

Old
08-11-2005, 05:20 PM
Resolute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion Mustard
Two phantom calls at horrible times in game 7 took the Flames out of it. But, you are right, Game 4 was bad too. Wonder why he got bumped for doing Game 6, in favour of doing Game 7?
To be fair, the call that led to the powerplay Conroy scored on wasnt all that great either. At least in that game he was equally incompetent to both teams. Not so much in game four.

He got bumped from game 6 because Calgary fans would have burned the Saddledome down if he produced another call that even appeared to favor Tampa, let alone if it actually did or not.

The real victim in that decision was Brad Watson, who made the right calls in game four and was also supposed to call game 6, but instead got bumped out entirely. He didnt call games six or seven, while the guy who infuriated a city was left in for game 7.

Old
08-11-2005, 07:59 PM
i am dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by octopi
What caused the, "Have another donut, you fat pig" episode?

Think it involved Don Khoharski. For some reason, the name Jim Shonfield is also springing to mind?
That's because Schonfeld yelled it at Koharski in the tunnel after a 6-1 loss. Man I'd love to get my hands on a video of that, because it is my favorite hockey quote ever.

Moving on...

Can we include linesmen in the list? If so my vote goes to Leon Stickle.

Game 6

Offsides

Old
08-12-2005, 03:55 AM
Spankatola Jamnuts*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos
You must be watching something else then, because you could see it clear as day along the near boards, Kariya's stick come up and smack Morrow right in the face, as the Stars are struggling mightily to get the puck out of their end.
There's nothing else you could be talking about. I'm watching it as I type - I tivo'd it way back when. Kariya is about 50 feet from Morrow. Salei is nearest; there is no clear contact. Morrow does react as if he's hurt. The shift continues and the Stars actually clear the zone briefly - that's important because you see Morrow skating off the ice. Then Leclerc and Ozolinsh attack and it's bye bye series for the Stars. Sorry man. I guess you'll have to blame the loss on your own team.

Old
08-12-2005, 10:21 AM
Chaos
3, 2, 1

Send a message via MSN to Chaos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chock Full Of Booger
There's nothing else you could be talking about. I'm watching it as I type - I tivo'd it way back when. Kariya is about 50 feet from Morrow. Salei is nearest; there is no clear contact. Morrow does react as if he's hurt. The shift continues and the Stars actually clear the zone briefly - that's important because you see Morrow skating off the ice. Then Leclerc and Ozolinsh attack and it's bye bye series for the Stars. Sorry man. I guess you'll have to blame the loss on your own team.
You have got to be watching another game. The Stars were never able to clear the zone. Thats what cost them that game. They had several chances to do so, and couldnt get it done. Hell, Lehtinen had a clear chance and just fanned on the puck.

Old
08-12-2005, 10:37 AM
Spankatola Jamnuts*

There is no other game 6 vs. Dallas in 2003. Sorry.

Lehtinen passed the puck to Morrow - in the neutral zone - who takes a halfhearted backhand swipe at the puck before leaving the ice. The Ducks then reenter the zone with a fresh group of players and promptly score.

Like I said, I am looking at this right now. One day you'll see the replay and be man enough to admit you were wrong. You are badly misremembering.

Old
08-12-2005, 08:28 PM
Gee Wally
Retired

vCash: 50
Awards:
TIME OUT !!!!!

now listen up...

keep personal crap to PMs or use the IGNORE feature.

anymore garbage, and generalizations, and political crap and I swear the season will start without some of you here at HF.

BOSTON STRONG !!!
Closed Thread