HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011 WCSF -Round 2- (5) Nashville Predators 2 vs. (1) Vancouver Canucks 4

Closed Thread

Old
04-27-2011, 10:54 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok View Post
If you insist
Hahahaha these are great

Old
04-27-2011, 11:01 PM
Oilbleeder
Lead us to glory.

Been on your bandwagon since the playoffs started.

Hoping that you winning ways continue!

Go Preds Go!

04-27-2011, 11:03 PM
dulzhok

Old
04-27-2011, 11:18 PM
FlexinMyPeks
Impekkable

2011 WESTERN CONFERENCE SEMIFINALS

Thursday, April 28 at Vancouver, 9:00 p.m. CBC, VERSUS
Saturday, April 30 at Vancouver, 9:00 p.m. CBC, VERSUS
Tuesday, May 3 at Nashville, TBD CBC, VERSUS
Thursday, May 5 at Nashville, TBD CBC, VERSUS
*Saturday, May 7 at Vancouver, 8:00 p.m. CBC, VERSUS
*Monday, May 9 at Nashville, TBD CBC, VERSUS
*Wednesday, May 11 at Vancouver, TBD CBC, VERSUS

No weekend home games. That sucks. I have to drive up for two games during the week. I was really hoping to at least get 1 weekend game.

Old
04-27-2011, 11:35 PM
dulzhok

Old
04-27-2011, 11:42 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

It does suck that we don't have any weekend games at home but alas.

And keep up the good work dulzhok!

Old
04-27-2011, 11:45 PM
BBSeabs27
#freeseabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
Most of us are pretty confident. The consensus before the matchups were set was that VAN was a better matchup than Detroit. The games this season were all low scoring, with each team winning 1 road and 1 away. The games that Nashville lost were all pretty close\lost in the dying minutes of the game. I think the Preds play a system(and no, I don't mean 'trap') that matches up well against the Canucks. It all comes down to discipline, IMO. If this series is played 5 on 5, I like the Preds' chances a lot. If they fall into the penalty trap, we're sunk in 5 games.
The canucks hit and they hit hard. As long as the preds can hit back and are aggressive, they can easily beat the canucks.

Old
04-27-2011, 11:52 PM
luongo321

Hey, a bit off-topic, but i was just wondering if any of you preds fans have been to gatlinburg, TN. I visited their october 2009 and it was a lot of fun!

Old
04-27-2011, 11:52 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Nashville doesn't have any trouble bringing the physical game. I expect Vancouver to be physical, but not in the same way Anaheim was. I'm just glad we escaped that chippy series as healthy as we did

Old
04-27-2011, 11:53 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by luongo321 View Post
Hey, a bit off-topic, but i was just wondering if any of you preds fans have been to gatlinburg, TN. I visited their october 2009 and it was a lot of fun!
I'd imagine anyone who has lived in TN for more than three or four years has been to Gatlinburg. Used to love going with my family when I was kid, but after the 20th time it kind of gets old. I haven't been back as an adult, so who knows. Maybe it's awesome

Old
04-27-2011, 11:55 PM
FlexinMyPeks
Impekkable

Quote:
Yeah, I go there all the time. Its great. Its always fun to go there during the Christmas season.

Old
04-27-2011, 11:58 PM
FlexinMyPeks
Impekkable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
I'd imagine anyone who has lived in TN for more than three or four years has been to Gatlinburg. Used to love going with my family when I was kid, but after the 20th time it kind of gets old. I haven't been back as an adult, so who knows. Maybe it's awesome
I think I like it more now than when I was younger. Its a good place for couples is why, I guess.

Old
04-28-2011, 12:01 AM
luongo321

Quote:
haha yeah. it was my first time being there. we stayed in some chalet thinger for a week'ish and the bears were creeping on our deck in the middle of the night. it was pretty awesome. haha.

it is really commercial now (not that i've been there before this), but it was still pretty neat to see. lots of ripleys stuff, the go-karting track was fun, neat aquarium, AMAZING pancake houses. i was a bit disappointed in dollywood (pretty steep price for admission imo), but I really liked the Tennessee Tornado roller coaster. Mystery Mine was fun too. we went up that gondola thing to ober gatlinburg. oh man, i wanna go back! i really like the trees there. in bc, the trees are all so damn green. awesome seafood restaurant too, but i can't remember the name. i kinda clumped surrounding attractions into gatlinburg, but i just kinda think of it as one place. ^_^

Old
04-28-2011, 12:04 AM
FlexinMyPeks
Impekkable

Quote:
haha yeah. it was my first time being there. we stayed in some chalet thinger for a week'ish and the bears were creeping on our deck in the middle of the night. it was pretty awesome. haha.

it is really commercial now (not that i've been there before this), but it was still pretty neat to see. lots of ripleys stuff, the go-karting track was fun, neat aquarium, AMAZING pancake houses. i was a bit disappointed in dollywood (pretty steep price for admission imo), but I really liked the Tennessee Tornado roller coaster. Mystery Mine was fun too. we went up that gondola thing to ober gatlinburg. oh man, i wanna go back! i really like the trees there. in bc, the trees are all so damn green.
Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of Dollywood either.

Old
04-28-2011, 12:29 AM
PhoneGuy

Quote:

it is really commercial now (not that i've been there before this), but it was still pretty neat to see. lots of ripleys stuff, the go-karting track was fun, neat aquarium, AMAZING pancake houses. i was a bit disappointed in dollywood (pretty steep price for admission imo), but I really liked the Tennessee Tornado roller coaster. Mystery Mine was fun too. we went up that gondola thing to ober gatlinburg. oh man, i wanna go back! i really like the trees there. in bc, the trees are all so damn green. awesome seafood restaurant too, but i can't remember the name. i kinda clumped surrounding attractions into gatlinburg, but i just kinda think of it as one place. ^_^
Yup, which is why we went to Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg maybe two or three times total during the seven years we lived in Knoxville. The traffic was always horrid through Sevierville, Pigeon Forge, and Gatlinburg.

Old
04-28-2011, 12:32 AM
PhoneGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucbourdon View Post
Same here man, Never had any issues at all with preds fans. Always a respectful bunch, I don't see much ill will with our fanbases at all. Except maybe a few comments on the style of play.

Either or, this should be a great series, with two fanbases who don't absolutely have a pure hatred to eachother lol.

But I will try my best.

Hey preds......Carrie Underwood is actually a man.

PS - My above statement is incorrect, she is indeed a woman, and very sexy as well.
(nvm, weak attempt at humor..)

Last edited by PhoneGuy: 04-28-2011 at 01:00 AM.
Old
04-28-2011, 12:40 AM
the word*

Quote:
Nashville doesn't have any trouble bringing the physical game. I expect Vancouver to be physical, but not in the same way Anaheim was. I'm just glad we escaped that chippy series as healthy as we did
Pulling for you guys. You got to hit their D, hard and often. Every game, that's the key... Keep hammering Vancouver's defense, play Trotz hockey, and you'll win this series. If you're going to the games, and there's a big hit on Vancouver's D, jump to your feet and cheer your head off.

Old
04-28-2011, 12:58 AM
jd22

Send a message via MSN to jd22
Enjoy these last hours of civility, sadly.

Old
04-28-2011, 02:15 AM
bdizzle28

ahhaha keep those pics coming those are halarious!

Old
04-28-2011, 02:19 AM
jderick81

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlexinMyPeks View Post
http://brenthrax.blogspot.com/2011/0...ber-facts.html

A few facts about Shea Weber. I'm sure most of these are true.
Shea Weber once took a slapshot from the point... there were no survivors

Old
04-28-2011, 03:04 AM
jderick81

here's a weak paintbrush doodle
Attached Images
File Type: png terma shea.png‎ (209.7 KB, 25 views)

Old
04-28-2011, 09:02 AM
ontheDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBSeabs27 View Post
The canucks hit and they hit hard. As long as the preds can hit back and are aggressive, they can easily beat the canucks.
Easily. There's positive thinking and there's that.

As for matchups, I assume Preds want the Fisher line against the Sedins.

Does Van come back w/ wanting the Kesler line up against Fischer's ?

Old
04-28-2011, 09:04 AM
Top 6 Spaling

It's good to know that there are some decent, considerate Nucks fans out there. Oh well, I'm sure we'll be at each others throat in about 12 hours.

I like this matchup. The teams are built similarly, so it's kinda a tossup at this point. Luongo is more or less equal to Rinne. Burrows and Kesler and more or less equal to Legwand and Fisher. Weber-Suter are more or less equal and opposite to the Sedins. This is gonna be a truly phenomenal series.

I wish Hordichuk still played for the Nucks. I miss him.

Old
04-28-2011, 09:33 AM
Webersmashpuck

I just realized that 13 players have 3 points or more on our team right now.

Old
04-28-2011, 09:44 AM
JussiM

Vancouver or Detroit, either way a tough series ahead. I like Vancouver for one thing: games start at a decent hour, 4 AM isn't too bad. If only Preds' games would start a couple of hours later but I'm preparing for the worst.

Closed Thread