HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

CBC, RDS, TSN all TV talk for playoffs here

Old
04-28-2011, 07:25 AM
RogerRoeper*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
My tax dollars sponsoring every drug under the sun, and I have to watch this ******** with my kids. I think my priorities are just fine, thanks.
Your tax dollars aren't sponsoring the commercials. The commercials pay CBC.

RogerRoeper* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2011, 07:26 AM
RogerRoeper*

Quote:
Originally Posted by orswich View Post
you know what really pisses me off about CBC getting the Habs playoff games?
the fact that all year CBC has "hockey night in toronto" every ******* saturday night. It doesnt matter what other games are happening, it could be a Habs VS Senators game going on, they will play show the leafs vs atlanta (in atlanta) every friggin time.

so why should a network that only shows Habs games when they VS the leafs on saturdays, get to reap the financial rewards from the Habs who they have ignored all damn season?. The CBC put thier eggs in the Toronto basket, let them deal with it (hell they even moved some west coast games to mid afternoon so leafs can be on at 7 in the east).

I have seen more habs games (not just vs toronto) on TSN (and of course my RDS which gets em all, but my french sucks), so if TSN put more stock into Montreal games than CBC did, why shoudlnt they have first crack at showing thier games?

all year I have heard CBC guys say the Habs wont make the playoffs. ****** em I say

rant over
Uh, because that network is paying the NHL 80 million a year for the Canadian NHL rights?

RogerRoeper* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2011, 11:24 AM
Pascal

Sweet coverage of the game, TSN

Anyone notice in the SC highlights they show the clip of Hamrlik getting speared in the neck and at the same time play Jack Edwards shouting "He goes down on his face trying to get a call! He dove one time too many!" ?? What the **** is that about? Why would TSN put that audio clip, a replay of the play and then totally omit the fact he got speared on the play? Even CBC mentioned it multiple times.

I don't understand why our Canadian sports channel can't help itself and still be biased against the Habs. It's no surprise Dutch was doing the cast, he's a huge Boston fan.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2011, 11:26 AM
Gainey#1*

I always thought Dutch kinda had a soft spot for the Habs?

Gainey#1* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2011, 11:27 AM
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50
This entire first round, whenever TSN discussed our series they talked about what Boston had to do to win. It was pretty disgusting.

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote