HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

2011 WCSF -Round 2- (5) Nashville Predators 2 vs. (1) Vancouver Canucks 4

Closed Thread

Old
04-28-2011, 10:25 AM
jlsg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheDB View Post
Easily. There's positive thinking and there's that.

As for matchups, I assume Preds want the Fisher line against the Sedins.

Does Van come back w/ wanting the Kesler line up against Fischer's ?
I would think Legwand's line against the twinkies. Isn't that the way they went in previous games?

Old
04-28-2011, 10:35 AM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd22 View Post
Enjoy these last hours of civility, sadly.
Hey at least we had a few hours of civility haha. Could've been worse. We could be Boston/Montreal fans... or... I don't know... Van/Chi fans

In all seriousness, I'd love for the civility to continue, but I know better. If I have to trade hockey for some nice posts I'll take hockey every time. I can ignore the *******s

Quote:
Originally Posted by luongo321 View Post
haha yeah. it was my first time being there. we stayed in some chalet thinger for a week'ish and the bears were creeping on our deck in the middle of the night. it was pretty awesome. haha.

it is really commercial now (not that i've been there before this), but it was still pretty neat to see. lots of ripleys stuff, the go-karting track was fun, neat aquarium, AMAZING pancake houses. i was a bit disappointed in dollywood (pretty steep price for admission imo), but I really liked the Tennessee Tornado roller coaster. Mystery Mine was fun too. we went up that gondola thing to ober gatlinburg. oh man, i wanna go back! i really like the trees there. in bc, the trees are all so damn green. awesome seafood restaurant too, but i can't remember the name. i kinda clumped surrounding attractions into gatlinburg, but i just kinda think of it as one place. ^_^
Yeah there are some neat things. There's a bbq joint we would go to every time, but I haven't been since I was 14 or 15 so over a decade ago. Not sure of the name or if it's still open, but they had fantastic food. I'm not a huge fan of theme parks, so I've never been to Dollywood.

If I went back as an adult I think I'd go the chalet route and just do the nature thing. Maybe hike through the mountains a little. If it's winter skiing would be fun. I don't think the touristy stuff would really appeal to me any longer

Old
04-28-2011, 10:36 AM
Tim Calhoun
Troll *********

vCash: 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Canucklehead View Post
Agreed. It'll be an interesting test of the Canucks' mental resolve to see what kind of effort they come out with.

On another note, Joel Ward is the only player I've ever heard of to crack the NHL after making his way through the Canadian university system...he spent a full four years at the University of Prince Edward Island after playing in the OHL before he went pro. I don't know of another player playing in the game today off the top of my head who's done that--it's impressive.
Mathieu Darche on the Habs used to play for McGill.

Old
04-28-2011, 10:37 AM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Oh just saw Plaster on NHL on the Fly...

I have a feeling if Canada had an NFL team and Terry Bradshaw used a bad Canadian accent to mock that team's fans there would be a **** storm. Oh well... it isn't like I didn't know going in that On The Fly sucks

Old
04-28-2011, 10:59 AM
token grinder

as far as matchups, I think trotz would like to have the fisher unit vs the kesler line with weber suter. the kesler unit has had urrows on it pretty regularly from what it seems and that size needs to be accounted for. The legwand unit coupled with the klein/blum unit seems to match the quickness of the sedins. first instinct tells you match the sedins with weber and suter, but I think the kesler line dominates us physically.

Old
04-28-2011, 10:59 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by JussiM View Post
Vancouver or Detroit, either way a tough series ahead. I like Vancouver for one thing: games start at a decent hour, 4 AM isn't too bad. If only Preds' games would start a couple of hours later but I'm preparing for the worst.

Admit it, you love it, especially since your team is now in the second round.

Old
04-28-2011, 11:01 AM
LegendaryNumber5
C-A-P-S

vCash: 50
GO PREDS!!

Old
04-28-2011, 11:25 AM
JussiM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmade View Post

Admit it, you love it, especially since your team is now in the second round.
Ah yes, it's a new, peculiar feeling but I think I like it.

Old
04-28-2011, 11:34 AM
Bill McNeal

I think I want to join your bandwagon.

Is there any sort of initiation involved?

Old
04-28-2011, 11:45 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogurt View Post

Nope! Anyone is free to join the bandwagon, and if they wish to sport a Predators bandwagon avatar they can be found here
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=770647&page=11

Old
04-28-2011, 11:46 AM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogurt View Post

Cheer loud. Cheer often. Cheer until the end.

Don't troll anyone, and don't feed the trolls. Ignore is your friend around here.

Other than that, welcome aboard! You might be able to grab a play off avatar from the Win It For Warren thread. Some bandwagonners are creating hybrid avies. One of your fellow Habs fans has a pretty neat one.

Have fun

Old
04-28-2011, 11:57 AM
ontheDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
as far as matchups, I think trotz would like to have the fisher unit vs the kesler line with weber suter. the kesler unit has had urrows on it pretty regularly from what it seems and that size needs to be accounted for. The legwand unit coupled with the klein/blum unit seems to match the quickness of the sedins. first instinct tells you match the sedins with weber and suter, but I think the kesler line dominates us physically.
That's interesting.
I guessed Fisher's line as he'd be the better floorchecker going against the Sedins.
But I would definitely expect Weber/Suter against the Sedins. Sedins don't play big, but in the offensive zone they are tough to knock off the puck. They also don't play a north-south game so speed shouldn't be an issue.

So if Nashville wantst he top two lines to matchup, then Van's going to try to get the Sedins out against Tootoo's line ?

Old
04-28-2011, 12:04 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheDB View Post
That's interesting.
I guessed Fisher's line as he'd be the better floorchecker going against the Sedins.
But I would definitely expect Weber/Suter against the Sedins. Sedins don't play big, but in the offensive zone they are tough to knock off the puck. They also don't play a north-south game so speed shouldn't be an issue.

So if Nashville wantst he top two lines to matchup, then Van's going to try to get the Sedins out against Tootoo's line ?
That was the problem the Ducks had. The Preds top two lines are pretty balanced...they can score, they're good defensively. The third line is actually very good defensively as well, and to everyone's surprise, came alive offensively as well.

The Preds fourth line is pretty rotten defensively, but decent offensively. THat's the only line I'd worry about if they got stuck out against one of the top two VAN lines.

Old
04-28-2011, 12:11 PM
jd22

vCash: 705
Send a message via MSN to jd22
@ThirdManIn

Yeah, well, your mom went to college! And Nashville smells! Like poop! LOLZ owned! Hahahahahcanucuncuabeastmanweregonnawinthecupnasvh illesuxxors. I take your civility and stomp on it!

Ok. Now that I got that out- game time in 8 hours. Good luck and I pray Weber does not shatter any skulls with his slapshot. Unless Bettman decides to walk in and catch a game.

Good luck guys. But not too good.

Old
04-28-2011, 12:22 PM
Samzilla

vCash: 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
sorry but you just havent been listening or reading in the right places.

Canadian media(Toronto Sun in particular), the Hockey News, even Mick Kern on XM have all more or less said the preds should be moved and/or never should have been put in nashville in the first place.

Which is why I really really REALLY want to oust Canadas biggest hope for a Cup.
Why would you want a Vancouver team out of the playoffs because of stupid things said in Toronto? The Leafs already missed the playoffs. Mission accomplished.

Old
04-28-2011, 12:26 PM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Just hoping you'll welcome a bandwagon jumper, what with the Blue Jackets in their standard playoff spot and my hometown Pens now eliminated. Been coming to Preds games at least once a year since their expansion season and still own a 21-Fitzgerald jersey tee.

Old
04-28-2011, 12:28 PM
PhoneGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post

Don't troll anyone, and don't feed the trolls. Ignore is your friend around here.

Other than that, welcome aboard! You might be able to grab a play off avatar from the Win It For Warren thread. Some bandwagonners are creating hybrid avies. One of your fellow Habs fans has a pretty neat one.

Have fun

You forgot to tell them that, as a Preds fan, they must be bipolar;

When we lose a game - we're the worst team to ever hit the ice, the coaches all suck, why are we even fans of this team, and the world in general as we know it is coming to an end.

When we win a game - our team is great, our players are hockey gods, our coaches are geniuses, why would anyone NOT be a fan of the club, the birds are singing, the sun is shining, all is right in the universe.

If they can manage that, welcome aboard...

Old
04-28-2011, 12:30 PM
PhoneGuy

Quote:
@ThirdManIn

Yeah, well, your mom went to college! And Nashville smells! Like poop! LOLZ owned! Hahahahahcanucuncuabeastmanweregonnawinthecupnasvh illesuxxors. I take your civility and stomp on it!

Ok. Now that I got that out- game time in 8 hours. Good luck and I pray Weber does not shatter any skulls with his slapshot. Unless Bettman decides to walk in and catch a game.

Actually, I wouldn't mind seeing Burrows block a slappy with his head....

Old
04-28-2011, 12:31 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
@ThirdManIn

Eh i don't know. I think if Weber breaks Bettman's head the folks in Vancouver will cheer him so much he might get confused and start shooting at Rinne

Old
04-28-2011, 12:38 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Wouldn't mind Burrows getting one in the chops...

Here's too a good series and a Preds series WIN

Old
04-28-2011, 12:55 PM
Bill McNeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmade View Post
Nope! Anyone is free to join the bandwagon, and if they wish to sport a Predators bandwagon avatar they can be found here
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=770647&page=11
Ooh, thanks. I think I'll steal a Geoffrion one to honour his grandfather and great grandfather.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post

Have fun
Thanks for the hospitality! As lame as it sounds, I've always been attracted to your team's logo so I've always kinda wanted them to succeed. The fact that you guys took so much **** for being a 'non-traditional hockey market' in the past made me want to see you guys succeed even more.

And frankly, your crowd rocks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoneGuy View Post
You forgot to tell them that, as a Preds fan, they must be bipolar;

When we lose a game - we're the worst team to ever hit the ice, the coaches all suck, why are we even fans of this team, and the world in general as we know it is coming to an end.

When we win a game - our team is great, our players are hockey gods, our coaches are geniuses, why would anyone NOT be a fan of the club, the birds are singing, the sun is shining, all is right in the universe.

If they can manage that, welcome aboard...
I'm a Habs fan, I think I've got the bipolarity down pat.

Old
04-28-2011, 01:41 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samzilla View Post
Why would you want a Vancouver team out of the playoffs because of stupid things said in Toronto? The Leafs already missed the playoffs. Mission accomplished.
you guys didnt have to live through the "relocation summer"

If you did, you would understand why we have a bit of an attitude towards canadian hockey. (and to "traditional" hockey markets in the US, as well)

Is it fair to the canucks and their fans? Dont know. dont care.

But I sincerely dont want another team north of the mason-dixon line to win the Cup. Ever.

My opinion.

you dont have to like it, but you can not change it.

Old
04-28-2011, 01:43 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
Just hoping you'll welcome a bandwagon jumper, what with the Blue Jackets in their standard playoff spot and my hometown Pens now eliminated. Been coming to Preds games at least once a year since their expansion season and still own a 21-Fitzgerald jersey tee.
you are most welcome, if for no other reason than your avatar.

Old
04-28-2011, 01:46 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
you guys didnt have to live through the "relocation summer"

If you did, you would understand why we have a bit of an attitude towards canadian hockey. (and to "traditional" hockey markets in the US, as well)

Is it fair to the canucks and their fans? Dont know. dont care.

But I sincerely dont want another team north of the mason-dixon line to win the Cup. Ever.

My opinion.

you dont have to like it, but you can not change it.
I have the same feelings.

I don't want a team from Canada to win a cup ever again and I cheer for any team south of Ohio not named St. Louis, San Jose, LA, Anaheim, or Dallas. The one exception to this is Colorado and I will cheer for buffalo.

Southeastern markets unite!

Old
04-28-2011, 01:51 PM
cool story bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Canucklehead View Post
Agreed. It'll be an interesting test of the Canucks' mental resolve to see what kind of effort they come out with.

On another note, Joel Ward is the only player I've ever heard of to crack the NHL after making his way through the Canadian university system...he spent a full four years at the University of Prince Edward Island after playing in the OHL before he went pro. I don't know of another player playing in the game today off the top of my head who's done that--it's impressive.
He never got a contract, but you remember Chris Levesque from UBC, right? Vs. Penguins, Cloutier out, Hedberg looked injured...

Closed Thread