HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Boycott the Toronto Sun

Closed Thread

Old
08-12-2005, 03:36 PM
It Kills Me

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProctorSilex
The Edmonton Sun here basically praised Toronto for taking a low risk, high reward gamble on Lindros. Just find it sad that a guy hasn't even played a game as a Leaf and he's already being bashed in his home city.

At least give someone the benefit of a doubt.
Same thing in the Star.. On the front page is a picture of Eric smileing, and onthe Sports Damein Cox says "GM playing low-risk game"

Old
08-12-2005, 03:56 PM
berney fkaj

Geez sounds like he went into the bar and yelled out "HEY everybody...who here hates Eric Lindros....ok sir... can I have a miniute of your time"

Old
08-12-2005, 04:06 PM
canuck1957

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogilny_2002
i took your advice, i was mad too but didn't think of writing....i ripped into him, but here is only a small caption of what I said.
Kevin O'Connor I hope that you get a chance to read this, because how you reported this whole Eric Lindros article is a complete joke. Who are you anyway? Nothing more than a sad excuse of a hockey editor. Well you've done it again - amazed me about your level of intelligence. Do yourself a favour (and all who read the Sun) and resign please. It's a crappy paper, but you're only bringing them down.

hehe its a nice way to close out my many paragraphs of arguments.
Wow, you really told him off, don't be surprised if after reading this he steps down. You shouldn't be this hard on the poor fellow, betcha his wife and kids pack up and leave as well. Who would want to associate with a person who has this scathing attack hanging over his head. You should write for the Toronto Star and use your talents to further elevate the Ontario Liberal Party or even as a speech writer for ol' Dalton himself.

Old
08-12-2005, 05:52 PM
The_Puck_Hog

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuck1957
Wow, you really told him off, don't be surprised if after reading this he steps down. You shouldn't be this hard on the poor fellow, betcha his wife and kids pack up and leave as well. Who would want to associate with a person who has this scathing attack hanging over his head. You should write for the Toronto Star and use your talents to further elevate the Ontario Liberal Party or even as a speech writer for ol' Dalton himself.
Don't cut the guy up for actually taking action. It may not accomplishanything but atleast it feels good....If they recieved say 1000 e-mails saying that people would not buy the sun anymore lol....who knows......

Old
08-12-2005, 07:29 PM
Lightsol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skittles
Same thing in the Star.. On the front page is a picture of Eric smileing, and onthe Sports Damein Cox says "GM playing low-risk game"
Damien Cox is a loser. That whole article was effectively a carefully structured attack on JFJ, which is interesting because if JFJ had went and overpaid for a few marquee names, he'd have gotten attacked for spending stupidly. But now it's because JFJ has his own secret agenda behind the scenes.

And of course, Cox couldn't resist saying that the Leafs' "plan" to get free agents next year is stupid. Uh, Mr. Cox, where the hell was it announced that was the Leafs' plan at all? How do we know the plan isn't to keep doing this for a few years while we see if the young players can make the jump? How do we know what JFJ's plan is AT ALL?

God, it's stupid. Everything the GM of the Leafs does is stupid, according to the media...

Old
08-12-2005, 07:34 PM
Gee Wally
Retired

vCash: 50
Awards:
guys,

you have 2 choices...watch your language or let the filter do it's job.

okay ?

BOSTON STRONG !!!
Old
08-12-2005, 07:56 PM
Mike1

Quote:
Originally Posted by berney fkaj
Geez sounds like he went into the bar and yelled out "HEY everybody...who here hates Eric Lindros....ok sir... can I have a miniute of your time"
Thats probably what they did. I wouldn't put it past these guys at all.

Old
08-12-2005, 07:57 PM
ThinMcWhistle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyr10
The paper is a joke, I read it for a good laugh sometimes at work and thats about it.
It's good if you run out of toilet paper.. Just a little on the rough side though.

Old
08-12-2005, 08:04 PM
LeeIs
M a t s

Quote:
Originally Posted by mydnyte
Am I the only one who is disgusted by the headlines of the Sun today. ...from this day forth, I will never buy that Rag. ...not that Bergers article in the Star was that great either.
My boycott of that paper was and is a life long one and it has nothing to do with the leafs but more of its quality. Never bought a sun never will.

Old
08-12-2005, 08:13 PM
IWD
Playoff-hardened

I don't really buy the paper anyway. Generally speaking, anyone can write for the Sun. It's not a very good publication when it comes to journalism. On the bright side, at least their grammar is correct most of the time.

Old
08-12-2005, 08:21 PM
wasting time

Boycott the Sun? But it has the best sports section in the city. No chance.

Old
08-12-2005, 08:41 PM
rhettmatic

Yeah, the Sun is pretty ridiculous sometimes. Not only are the headlines sensationalistic, but the paper is so unabashedly pro-police/establishment and generally right-wing that it's sort of like Toronto's Fox News. However, I think the Sun does what it does pretty well; while the Globe and Star feature more eloquent writing and accurate editing, the Sun has quick, snappy articles that, while sometimes overly simplistic, reflect the needs and (generally) the political views of its readership.

Old
08-13-2005, 12:23 AM
Epoch

Quote:
Originally Posted by mydnyte
Am I the only one who is disgusted by the headlines of the Sun today. ...from this day forth, I will never buy that Rag. ...not that Bergers article in the Star was that great either.
Who ****ing cares?? Let the idiotic journalists write what they want. Don't complain...It's not even like the Toronto Star is any better for that matter.

Old
08-13-2005, 01:56 AM
tomerez

Was Lindros not aware of how involved the media in Toronto is with hockey? If he was stupid enough to not expect this or stupid enough to allow this to get to him, then he's just as moronic as the writer. Relax folks, this won't be the worst the Big E sees from the Toronto media.

Old
08-13-2005, 02:17 AM
pinnaclewm

I'm actually glad that the Toronto media is ripping Big E.

Last time the media ripped someone so bad was when the Leafs signed Eddie Belfour to replace Cujo and we know how that one turned out.

I'm taking it as a good omen that the T.O. media is ripping Big E, cause it can only mean good thing to come.

Closed Thread