HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Marc Andre Thinel

Closed Thread

Old
10-15-2003, 12:26 PM
J.P

vCash: 500
Marc Andre Thinel

Does anybody think he could develop into a good top six forward for the Habs? I remember a year ago some people were saying him and Ryder were just Draft fillers and everyone should just forget about them. Now look what Ryder has done! Also, I think he put up better numbers than Ryder did when they both played in the QMJHL. Something like 60 G and 135 pts in 70 games! You never know, he could be another surprise top prospect!

Old
10-15-2003, 12:32 PM
legaspesien

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.P
Does anybody think he could develop into a good top six forward for the Habs? I remember a year ago some people were saying him and Ryder were just Draft fillers and everyone should just forget about them. Now look what Ryder has done! Also, I think he put up better numbers than Ryder did when they both played in the QMJHL. Something like 60 G and 135 pts in 70 games! You never know, he could be another surprise top prospect!
The next player whe send to Hamilton will means one of Hamilton will have to be send down to ECHL and I would not be surprise if it's Thinel turn

Old
10-15-2003, 12:38 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.P

No I don't see Thinel as a top 6 anything. I thought he looked improved last year in Utah, and he has played on the top line in Hamilton which I think is crazy. How Thinel plays and Milroy sits is beyond me. Thinel does have soft hands but his lack of strength is very noticeable. Ill be in Hamilton in 2 weeks for 3 games to check on the team.

Thinel was impressive for Vic. Tigers, playing on a line with Vermette, but he lacks the grit of Ryder and the ability to crash the net. Sorry but no comparison between Thinel and Ryder.

Closed Thread