HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Post Series Discussion. Congrats to the habs for giving it all they had!

Old
04-28-2011, 07:03 PM
googlymoogly

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Snooki could beat that limp wrist geek's ass, why does he think he's so tough, you ever hear him commentating.

Edwards needs his Grandma to open a jar of pickles for him because of CWLD>>chronic wrist limpness disease .

Edwards mouth muscles are attached to his Gluteus Maximus. It's why both muscles make the same noise and gas.

googlymoogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2011, 07:08 PM
Shawn Wilken
Hockey's Future Staff
@CrimsonSkorpion

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post
Wow, teens these days.....

NSFW (Language)

http://twitter.com/#!/wyshynski/stat...68173307781120
Sorry, but I actually found it kind of funny.

It was bad, but I haven't hear that kind of chirping since secondary one.

Shawn Wilken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2011, 07:11 PM
ToysInTheAttic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
387BC- Vae Victus(Woe to the vanquished)- Brennus.

ToysInTheAttic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2011, 07:12 PM
NewHampshireHabsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post
Wow, teens these days.....

NSFW (Language)

http://twitter.com/#!/wyshynski/stat...68173307781120
Wow, what a bunch of *****. Props to him for wearing the Habs shirt at the garden though.

NewHampshireHabsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2011, 08:27 PM
FeelsLike93

Andrew Ference not suspended

Mike Murphy of NHL on Ference non-suspension: AF claimed contact was incidental and unintentional. "No apparent injury" so no discipline.

This pisses me off to extreme lengths/heights watever u call it. Im not mad at the fact he didnt suspended but the way they went about it. They asked him about it and he said it was "incidental and unintentional" and there taking the word from a guy that shot the crowd the bird and claimed his finger got stuck?? Cmon is this league just screwing with us now? Ive lost all faith in the nhl the league is never gonna change. So because halpern didnt get his head knocked off Ference wont be suspended. Alright /end of rant

FeelsLike93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2011, 08:33 PM
bipolarhabfan

It is simply par for the course for the NHL

bipolarhabfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2011, 08:34 PM
Shawn Wilken
Hockey's Future Staff
@CrimsonSkorpion

Awards:
Not surprised at all, as it didn't deserve a suspension. However, to say contact was incidental and unintentional sort of raises an eyebrow.

Old
04-28-2011, 08:39 PM
FeelsLike93

Thats wat i mean man im not surprised hes not suspended. But to say the things he said come on man up and say u regret it and shouldnt have done that what is wrong with the players on this team

FeelsLike93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2011, 08:41 PM
JackZap

how this guy Campbell can even have a job is beyond ridiculous. Two incidents involving his sons team but yet nothing. Wiz taunts a player = suspension. Averys sloppy second comment = suspension. Ferrence flipping off fans = 0. Ferrence leaning and cheap shots Halpern = 0.

JackZap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2011, 08:41 PM
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelsLike93 View Post
Mike Murphy of NHL on Ference non-suspension: AF claimed contact was incidental and unintentional. "No apparent injury" so no discipline.

This pisses me off to extreme lengths/heights watever u call it. Im not mad at the fact he didnt suspended but the way they went about it. They asked him about it and he said it was "incidental and unintentional" and there taking the word from a guy that shot the crowd the bird and claimed his finger got stuck?? Cmon is this league just screwing with us now? Ive lost all faith in the nhl the league is never gonna change. So because halpern didnt get his head knocked off Ference wont be suspended. Alright /end of rant
I've not often seen a player be as stupid as Halpern on that play. One second he looks at Ference, the other he looks away and then skates away from the play right into Ference shoulders. I don't think I had ever seen something like that.

What were Ference options on the play ?

1. Brace himself for the impact (which is what he did)
2. Make an effort to get out of Halpern's way (lol like that's gonna happen)
3. Stop him with his hands before contact happens, give him a tap on the butt and tell him to be careful next time (even more of a pipe dream than #2)

If Halpern, or any of you, expected option #2-3 from Ference then you're delusional. What Ference did wasn't very nice, but it was barely anything at all. He basically just braced himself, or at worse leaned a little bit. Yes it was intentional, yes he wanted to hurt Halpern.. but it really was Halpern's fault. It's not like Ference chased him down the ice to give that hit.

Des Louise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2011, 08:43 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
Not surprised at all, as it didn't deserve a suspension. However, to say contact was incidental and unintentional sort of raises an eyebrow.
You see him make eye contact then lower his shoulder towards Halpern, sure it was just incidental, and the Easter Bunny is real. Some Bruin fans were claiming Halpern was faking it, I guess Dr Recchi must of gave his diagnosis again.

Old
04-28-2011, 08:43 PM
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackZap View Post
how this guy Campbell can even have a job is beyond ridiculous. Two incidents involving his sons team but yet nothing. Wiz taunts a player = suspension. Averys sloppy second comment = suspension. Ferrence flipping off fans = 0. Ferrence leaning and cheap shots Halpern = 0.
Considering previous similar events the middle finger definitely was deserving of 1-2 games.

Old
04-28-2011, 08:47 PM
Shawn Wilken
Hockey's Future Staff
@CrimsonSkorpion

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post
You see him make eye contact then lower his shoulder towards Halpern, sure it was just incidental, and the Easter Bunny is real. Some Bruin fans were claiming Halpern was faking it, I guess Dr Recchi must of gave his diagnosis again.
I saw the motion too. I don't buy what some Bruins fans are saying, with Halpern skating into his elbow and faking it to draw a penalty. It is what it is. Ference stuck out his elbow and caught him in the head. It was dirty, but not close enough to draw a suspension. I look back to the Torres hit on Seabrook, and if that didn't get a suspension (and it should have), neither does this play.

Old
04-28-2011, 08:48 PM
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

Quote:
I saw the motion too. I don't buy what some Bruins fans are saying, with Halpern skating into his elbow and faking it to draw a penalty. It is what it is. Ference stuck out his elbow and caught him in the head. It was dirty, but not close enough to draw a suspension. I look back to the Torres hit on Seabrook, and if that didn't get a suspension (and it should have), neither does this play.
There's no elbow at all. I don't know what elbow you're seeing there but there's none.

Old
04-28-2011, 08:55 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackZap View Post
Greg Campbell will be a UFA after next season so the Bruins better get this guy signed long term before then considering all the crap they got off with this season.. If Campbell hits the UFA market the dude will get paid big time.. He's like the immunity idol of the NHL..

sheed36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2011, 09:00 PM
Etienne

Oh wow. When Eller got hit by hit by McQuaid and seemed a little stunned on hi first shift in game 6, he actually dislocated his shoulder. He pushed back into place while on the ice. I didn't notice at all...

Etienne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2011, 09:00 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
Greg Campbell will be a UFA after next season so the Bruins better get this guy signed long term before then considering all the crap they got off with this season.. If Campbell hits the UFA market the dude will get paid big time.. He's like the immunity idol of the NHL..
MY PRECIOUS

Old
04-28-2011, 09:01 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Dude, it absolutely warranted a suspension. It was a CLEAR, INTENTIONAL head shot as you can see him aim the head with his shoulder. Didn't the GMs just have a meeting about this not too long ago? They are trying to cut down on it. If the Refs had seen the play, I'm sure Ference would have gotten a 5min. To make it even more obvious, Ference doesn't even look back..Is it another one of ''oh, I didn't know he was there...'' crappy excuse?? Instead of being ejected, Ference gets an assist on the third goal, where a spear to Hammer's neck was also missed.
I don't mind the Refs missing a penalty behind the play. I think it's stupid because that's why the NHL decided to go with 2 refs, so that one can watch things that happen behind the play, but I guess they weren't paying attention this time.

But the way this league has handled themselves this year, and in these POs, is incredibly ridiculous. Downie gets suspended 20 games for his hit on McAmmond 4 years ago, throws the exact same hit in these POs, gets 1 game. Kunitz bows down and sticks out his elbow so he can hit Gagné's head who's got a history with concussions. Torres gets suspended for a hit to the head, first game back, destroys Seabrook in a clear blindside shot to the head, no suspension.
Richards clearly shoves Connolly into the boards from behind, obviously, it's Richards, no penalty.
Ference clearly aims Halpern's head, no suspension.

I mean, those were all clearly malicious hits, it really doesn't get more obvious than those hits. That's what is overly frustrating. The Chara hit, even if I don't agree with it, I can understand how you can spin the ''I didn't know the stanchion was there'' argument and I know Chara didn't want to break MaxPac's neck. I still would have given a suspension because the whole point is to sensitize players and make them responsible, but it didn't surprise me.
These hits however, were crystal clear intentional. That's what is really disturbing.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2011, 09:22 PM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Dude, it absolutely warranted a suspension. It was a CLEAR, INTENTIONAL head shot as you can see him aim the head with his shoulder. Didn't the GMs just have a meeting about this not too long ago? They are trying to cut down on it. If the Refs had seen the play, I'm sure Ference would have gotten a 5min. To make it even more obvious, Ference doesn't even look back..Is it another one of ''oh, I didn't know he was there...'' crappy excuse?? Instead of being ejected, Ference gets an assist on the third goal, where a spear to Hammer's neck was also missed.
I don't mind the Refs missing a penalty behind the play. I think it's stupid because that's why the NHL decided to go with 2 refs, so that one can watch things that happen behind the play, but I guess they weren't paying attention this time.

But the way this league has handled themselves this year, and in these POs, is incredibly ridiculous. Downie gets suspended 20 games for his hit on McAmmond 4 years ago, throws the exact same hit in these POs, gets 1 game. Kunitz bows down and sticks out his elbow so he can hit Gagné's head who's got a history with concussions. Torres gets suspended for a hit to the head, first game back, destroys Seabrook in a clear blindside shot to the head, no suspension.
Richards clearly shoves Connolly into the boards from behind, obviously, it's Richards, no penalty.

I mean, those were all clearly malicious hits, it really doesn't get more obvious than those hits. That's what is overly frustrating. The Chara hit, even if I don't agree with it, I can understand how you can spin the ''I didn't know the stanchion was there'' argument and I know Chara didn't want to break MaxPac's neck. I still would have given a suspension because the whole point is to sensitize players and make them responsible, but it didn't surprise me.
These hits however, were crystal clear intentional. That's what is really disturbing.
For once, and only once, I agree with everything you just wrote.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2011, 09:31 PM
Turtleneck Plek
Real Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etienne View Post
Oh wow. When Eller got hit by hit by McQuaid and seemed a little stunned on hi first shift in game 6, he actually dislocated his shoulder. He pushed back into place while on the ice. I didn't notice at all...
What a warrior. I said it right after the trade and I'll repeat it now, Eller is going to be a fantastic player for us. He had his ups and downs this year but it's great watching him come into his own. Eller with 10-15lbs+ and a few years' experience will be quite a player.

Turtleneck Plek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2011, 09:40 PM
irunthepeg
#whiteout

In honour of the end of the season, will someone please post that GIF that someone will post after a goal is scored where it's some guy with sunglasses moshing? I haven't saved that yet and would love to see it 1 more time at season's end.

irunthepeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2011, 09:45 PM
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etienne View Post
Oh man.. that was exactly what I thought when I saw the replay. I just didn't know he could play immediately after replacing it. Damn..

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2011, 10:34 PM
HCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post

It's discouraging to see the league run by a bunch of morons like Bettman, Burke, Colin Campbell, etc.

We are making no progress whatsoever. The superstars have disappeared from the game have been replaced by a bunch of guys whose job it is to end careers in order to preserve their own.

HCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2011, 10:35 PM
Dwight
The French Tickler

Coming on here for the first time after Horton's goal, had to study all day so I couldn't make a post.

I was obviously sad to see the playoffs run end, especially after such a great run last year, but I can't be too upset. I think this team really fought hard and gave it their all. We could have advanced, and we had many chances to, but it wasn't in the cards this year.

Dwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2011, 11:06 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
I've not often seen a player be as stupid as Halpern on that play. One second he looks at Ference, the other he looks away and then skates away from the play right into Ference shoulders. I don't think I had ever seen something like that.

What were Ference options on the play ?

1. Brace himself for the impact (which is what he did)
2. Make an effort to get out of Halpern's way (lol like that's gonna happen)
3. Stop him with his hands before contact happens, give him a tap on the butt and tell him to be careful next time (even more of a pipe dream than #2)

If Halpern, or any of you, expected option #2-3 from Ference then you're delusional. What Ference did wasn't very nice, but it was barely anything at all. He basically just braced himself, or at worse leaned a little bit. Yes it was intentional, yes he wanted to hurt Halpern.. but it really was Halpern's fault. It's not like Ference chased him down the ice to give that hit.
Ference stepped into him while he was in a vulnerable position. He intentionally tried to hurt the guy with a blow to the head. It's exactly these kinds of things that the league is supposedly trying to crack down on. I don't get why the league is so inconsistent on how they police this kind of stuff.

Quote:
I'm going to disagree with you on two points here and strangely enough they're almost contradictory.

Personally, I didn't see an elbow so maybe I need to revisit that play.

Secondly (and it's strange that you wouldn't support a suspension if you thought an elbow was thrown) I think the league should be giving out suspensions for this kind of thing. It's behind the play, shot to the head and intent to injure. Three strikes and you should definitely sit out.

I just don't see how the league can seriously claim to be doing something about concussions when they see this and do nothing about it. And I'm not saying this because I'm a Hab fan (we're eliminated anyway so it doesn't matter) I'm saying it because we keep seeing this kind of stuff over and over and the league isn't doing anything about it. And so we get talented players (Marc Savard anyone?) who get injured and it hurts the game.

The NHL really needs to smarten up about this stuff.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote