HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

LW to hopefully Richards - Gaborik

Old
04-28-2011, 09:58 PM
Ollie Queen
After 5 years...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ke11y96 View Post
So whats the possible price tag for a player like Voracek?? is it only a high end pick? a blue chip prospect and a pick? would Columbus want roster player back?
I think Del Zotto, or something around that value would get it done. Doesn't necessarily have to be a roster player, but similar value. I believe I asked about Voracek's value several months ago in the trade talk forums and CBJ fans were interested in Voracek for Del Zotto +/-, which is pretty fair, IMO. Most won't want to give up MDZ, of course, but with how set we are on defense and how much we need offense, I'd consider it. But like I said, it's more of a guideline on the value than an actual proposal.

Ollie Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2011, 09:58 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetterqvist24 View Post
Dubinsky - Richards - Gaborik

seems like a plenty good top line to me.

Dubinsky can create space for them, adds some size and grit, is good along the boards and in the corners and has plenty good skill to play with them. I would think that after a year, Kreider could step in and play in that role, so Dubi would only have to be a stop gap anyhow. Even as a rookie, playing with that kind of talent should allow Kreider to play on the 1st line and not be in danger of failing expectations and even if he doesn't perform as we'd hope, Dubinsky can always be moved back up. Frankly, I think Dubinsky would perform really well on Richards wing.

I would just focus on acquiring Richards; I don't think we need to outside the system to fill his wings.
I know there's other important offensive players among our forwards, but I can't help but feel like sticking Dubinsky on the top line like that would be like putting all our eggs in one basket. If Dubinsky - AA - Callahan still exhibit good chemistry, I'd rather find another player that can slot into that 1st line LW role, and have more of a balanced Top 6, making us harder to match up against. Was kind of hoping Prospal could play that role but I'm not sure that will work out. Definitely not interested in signing any UFA forwards to long term contracts.... 2 years max but I"m hesitant. Don't want to run into any more cap eating contracts that we end up wanting to move at a later date.

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2011, 09:59 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

After extending our RFA's and hopefully signing Richards. I don't believe there would be enough cap room to a acquire another top line player externally.

There are going to be some rookies on the team. Out of necessity both for cap reasons and for progression.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2011, 10:00 PM
azrok22

Prospal - Richards - Gaborik

or

Dubinsky - Richards - Gaborik

Either could be great.

Hell, you could stick Boogard with Richards and Gaborik, and it would still be a massive upgrade on any first line we've seen since the Jagr years.

azrok22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2011, 10:17 PM
Miller Time NYR

I like jokinen if he comes relatively cheap. Jokinen-Richards-gaborik for a guy with so mich skill I think jokinen could really flourish alongside Richards and gabs.

Miller Time NYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2011, 10:19 PM
Carlos Ranger
Zucc-a-Rella

vCash: 50
No mention of Simon Gagne? I think he's had some bad luck and is still a very capable 80+ point player in the right situation. if we can get him for around 4mil it'd be a great deal.

Carlos Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2011, 10:20 PM
Ke11y96

Del Zotto + 3rd for Voracek

CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS
Jakub Voracek ($3.000m) / Brad Richards ($7.000m) / Marian Gaborik ($7.500m)
Brandon Dubinsky ($3.750m) / Artem Anisimov ($1.850m) / Ryan Callahan ($3.750m)
Carl Hagelin ($0.662m) / Derek Stepan ($0.875m) / Evgeny Grachev ($0.816m)
Ruslan Fedotenko ($1.500m) / Brian Boyle ($1.225m) / Brandon Prust ($0.800m)

DEFENSEMEN
Marc Staal ($3.975m) / Daniel Girardi ($3.325m)
Ryan McDonagh ($1.300m) / Mike Sauer ($1.550m)
Pavel Valentenko ($0.850m) / Matt Gilroy ($0.950m)

GOALTENDERS
Henrik Lundqvist ($6.875m) / Martin Biron ($0.875m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $62,400,000; CAP PAYROLL: $52,429,166; BONUSES: $587,500

Buyouts of Drury, Avery, and Wolski add to the cap - $4,787,500
Trade Christensen for a late pick
Boogaard is either done for good due to concussions but if bought out costs #558,333

Even after the buyouts of 4 players listed above your still left with cap space equaling $4,625,001

So they could even sign a veteran puck mover or trade for one for the 3rd pairing.

Ke11y96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2011, 10:34 PM
Gardner McKay
The NYR get...

vCash: 682
Quote:
Originally Posted by jexmex View Post
No mention of Simon Gagne? I think he's had some bad luck and is still a very capable 80+ point player in the right situation. if we can get him for around 4mil it'd be a great deal.
I agree. Gagne has some left in the tank and I think could still do very well. I don't know about 80+ but I think topping out at 70 could be realistic.

Gardner McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2011, 10:37 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

If we don't acquire anyone via trade, I'd look at Jokinen, Leino, Sullivan, or Fleischmann.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2011, 10:39 PM
Ollie Queen
After 5 years...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolskii View Post
I agree. Gagne has some left in the tank and I think could still do very well. I don't know about 80+ but I think topping out at 70 could be realistic.
The thing is, there's no guarantees with Gagne anymore and he's not going to want a one or two year deal. Even if we got him at a really good cap hit, say sub-4M, how long are we signing him for? He's 31. Richards we have faith will continue to produce for a while longer, but do we sign another 31 year old to a multi-year contract? At what point do we learn from the Drury, Redden, Gomez deals and not sign guys who may be on the decline? Gagne, IMO, will want at least 4 years 16M.

Old
04-28-2011, 10:47 PM
Ollie Queen
After 5 years...

Del Zotto + Wolski for Voracek.

That's got to be an interesting proposal. Wolski can be a serviceable player in Columbus - would probably get more consistent top-six time than he got here and has to still have a little value. He's only one year removed from a 65 point season as a 23-24 year old and if we can all forgive Gaborik for putting up 48 points, a year removed from 86, I think some team will be willing to try Wolski out with 35 points, a year removed from 65. Meanwhile, add in Del Zotto and I think the possibility that Wolski can still be a 50+ point player makes it a pretty intriguing deal for Columbus. Wolski is only under contract for another year so if he doesn't work out for CBJ they're not stuck with him and they still get MDZ. Meanwhile, it gives us a winger to play with Richards and Gaborik and solves the Wolski cap hit problem for us.

Old
04-28-2011, 10:55 PM
Dredden
JT Miller

Voracek, Raymond, Johansson, Franzen, or Setoguchi would look great there.

Dredden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2011, 11:01 PM
Schweiker17

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingWantsCup View Post
You were right. $7,142,857 cap hit ... But I really do think he earns his money.
just under 100 thousand dollars per point......

Schweiker17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2011, 11:56 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

on the list - Voracek.

I would also consider Gagne on a 1 yr deal.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2011, 12:40 AM
Panfork
Pacioretty Hater

FORWARDS
??? - Brad Richards ($7.100m) - Marian Gaborik ($7.500m)
Brandon Dubinsky ($4.000m) - Artem Anisimov ($1.850m) - Ryan Callahan ($3.400m)
??? - Derek Stepan ($0.875m) - Mats Zuccarello-Aasen ($1.750m)
Ruslan Fedotenko ($1.400m) - Brian Boyle ($1.700m) / Brandon Prust ($0.800m)

Wojtek Wolski ($0.466m) [BUYOUT]
Chris Drury ($3.716m) [BUYOUT]
Sean Avery ($0.604m) [BUYOUT]

DEFENSEMEN
Marc Staal ($3.975m) - Daniel Girardi ($3.325m)
Ryan McDonagh ($1.300m) - Anton Babchuk ($2.150m)
Michael Del Zotto ($1.087m) - Mike Sauer ($1.500m)
Matt Gilroy ($1.100m)

GOALTENDERS
Henrik Lundqvist ($6.875m) - Martin Biron ($0.875m)

SALARY CAP: $62,400,000; CAP PAYROLL: $57,350,000; BONUSES: $1,487,500
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $5,050,000

This is all in a scenario where the following happens:
-Boogaard is removed from the cap.
-Christensen is removed from the cap.
-Drury is bought out.
-Avery is bought out. (don't find this likely)
-Wolski is bought out. (don't agree with this decision, but seems likely)
-Babchuk is signed for $2.150m, and yes, I do think he'll get that much, or close to it.
-Richards is signed for $7.100m.
-Boyle is resigned at $1.700m.
-Fedotenko is resigned at $1.400m. (got that number by comparing to Pascal Dupuis)
-Mike Sauer is resigned at $1.500m.
-Callahan is resigned at $3.400m. (compared it to Rene Bourque, sorta)
-Dubinsky is resigned at $4.000m.

That leaves just over $5 million to get a left winger for the 3rd line, a left winger for the 1st or 2nd line, and to keep room for an extra forward call-up during the year.

As far as the Top 6 LW goes, the UFA options are:
-Tomas Fleischmann. Hard to find someone to compare to. The best person to look at is I guess Jason Williams. Had 58 points in 80 games in 2005, then was injured for 2 seasons. 26 pts in 58, then 36 in 43. He got 1 year, $2.2m, which is not far off from what I think Fleisch will get. Some people are penciling him for near $4m, but I think he'll get closer to what he's making now. Either way, Fleisch is a risk.
-Simon Gagne. Not sure of a good comparison for Gagne either. Steve Sullivan? He got 2 years @ $3.75m/each after a few injury-filled seasons where he put up respectable points. Gagne will probably get similar. Signing him would also be risky.
-Erik Cole. There's a good chance Carolina will resign him, but if he's up for grabs for about $3m-$3.5m he should definitely be talked about. I still think he's another risk, as we could be getting Erik Cole, 30pt player, or Erik Cole, 50-60 pt player. He's the type of player I think I'd task a risk on, though.
-Ville Leino. Not sure I'd want him for my first line. He had one good season, putting up a little over 50pts on an offensive behemoth of a team. He'll probably get Versteeg money, or close to it, and who knows if he's going to replicate that on the Rangers, or bust and put up 30-40pts. Besides, he's mostly a playmaker. Another goalscorer would be preferred for that first line.
-Jussi Jokinen. This is probably the player I'd like to try getting in the UFA Market this year. I'm just nervous about him out-pricing himself and getting $4m+ somewhere. But for a short-term deal like Ponikarovsky's, I'm totally willing to get him.

Not interested in Tanguay, Laich, or Connolly.

Panfork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2011, 12:47 AM
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panfork View Post

FORWARDS
??? - Brad Richards ($7.100m) - Marian Gaborik ($7.500m)
Brandon Dubinsky ($4.000m) - Artem Anisimov ($1.850m) - Ryan Callahan ($3.400m)
??? - Derek Stepan ($0.875m) - Mats Zuccarello-Aasen ($1.750m)
Ruslan Fedotenko ($1.400m) - Brian Boyle ($1.700m) / Brandon Prust ($0.800m)

Wojtek Wolski ($0.466m) [BUYOUT]
Chris Drury ($3.716m) [BUYOUT]
Sean Avery ($0.604m) [BUYOUT]

DEFENSEMEN
Marc Staal ($3.975m) - Daniel Girardi ($3.325m)
Ryan McDonagh ($1.300m) - Anton Babchuk ($2.150m)
Michael Del Zotto ($1.087m) - Mike Sauer ($1.500m)
Matt Gilroy ($1.100m)

GOALTENDERS
Henrik Lundqvist ($6.875m) - Martin Biron ($0.875m)

SALARY CAP: $62,400,000; CAP PAYROLL: $57,350,000; BONUSES: $1,487,500
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $5,050,000

This is all in a scenario where the following happens:
-Boogaard is removed from the cap.
-Christensen is removed from the cap.
-Drury is bought out.
-Avery is bought out. (don't find this likely)
-Wolski is bought out. (don't agree with this decision, but seems likely)
-Babchuk is signed for $2.150m, and yes, I do think he'll get that much, or close to it.
-Richards is signed for $7.100m.
-Boyle is resigned at $1.700m.
-Fedotenko is resigned at $1.400m. (got that number by comparing to Pascal Dupuis)
-Mike Sauer is resigned at $1.500m.
-Callahan is resigned at $3.400m. (compared it to Rene Bourque, sorta)
-Dubinsky is resigned at $4.000m.

That leaves just over $5 million to get a left winger for the 3rd line, a left winger for the 1st or 2nd line, and to keep room for an extra forward call-up during the year.

As far as the Top 6 LW goes, the UFA options are:
-Tomas Fleischmann. Hard to find someone to compare to. The best person to look at is I guess Jason Williams. Had 58 points in 80 games in 2005, then was injured for 2 seasons. 26 pts in 58, then 36 in 43. He got 1 year, $2.2m, which is not far off from what I think Fleisch will get. Some people are penciling him for near $4m, but I think he'll get closer to what he's making now. Either way, Fleisch is a risk.
-Simon Gagne. Not sure of a good comparison for Gagne either. Steve Sullivan? He got 2 years @ $3.75m/each after a few injury-filled seasons where he put up respectable points. Gagne will probably get similar. Signing him would also be risky.
-Erik Cole. There's a good chance Carolina will resign him, but if he's up for grabs for about $3m-$3.5m he should definitely be talked about. I still think he's another risk, as we could be getting Erik Cole, 30pt player, or Erik Cole, 50-60 pt player. He's the type of player I think I'd task a risk on, though.
-Ville Leino. Not sure I'd want him for my first line. He had one good season, putting up a little over 50pts on an offensive behemoth of a team. He'll probably get Versteeg money, or close to it, and who knows if he's going to replicate that on the Rangers, or bust and put up 30-40pts. Besides, he's mostly a playmaker. Another goalscorer would be preferred for that first line.
-Jussi Jokinen. This is probably the player I'd like to try getting in the UFA Market this year. I'm just nervous about him out-pricing himself and getting $4m+ somewhere. But for a short-term deal like Ponikarovsky's, I'm totally willing to get him.

Not interested in Tanguay, Laich, or Connolly.
Yes please. Hagelin on 3LW. No Leino or Cole. Interested in Jokinen/Flash/Gagne.

Wraparounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2011, 01:39 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

i wonder if Montreal might deal Cammalleri....

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2011, 02:10 AM
Panfork
Pacioretty Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
i wonder if Montreal might deal Cammalleri....
Would love to have Camm on the Rangers, but who would we give up, and where would the cap space come from?

Old
04-29-2011, 03:19 AM
eco's bones

Just for wondering's sake how much would Ryan Clowe cost via trade? He has two years left at $3.625 mil per. Personally I'd prefer someone who could compliment Richards-Gaborik and at the same time ride shotgun much like Adam Graves used to do for us. I'm kind of thinking Anisimov and Del Zotto but maybe that's too much or not quite enough.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2011, 03:54 AM
mike14

Quote:
Would love to have Camm on the Rangers, but who would we give up, and where would the cap space come from?
I'd love to him as well. I'd actually love to know what the habs would want for him. WW would have to go back for cap purposes, but what else would it take?

mike14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2011, 04:05 AM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Some of these players are just a pipe dream...

Really? Cammalleri? The one pure goal scorer the Habs have...
Johansson?
Franzen?

The only slight chance looking at it realistically would be Voracek, Raymond, and Setoguchi.

I think Edmonton is going to deal Hemsky and depending on how much salary we send the other way I'd be very interested. I'm a huge Hemsky fan. He can play either wing.

But if we don't go the trade route, which I think we do(big time) on draft day..outside of Leino, Jokinen, and Fleischmann-- I would really take a look at Sullivan. Love his game. Even at this age the guy doesn't seem to want to stop. The only issues is injuries, but if he stays healthy he can be a point per game player, or very close to it. Can really skate and has a nice nose for the net. Gritty player too.

Last edited by hpNYR: 04-29-2011 at 04:12 AM.
Old
04-29-2011, 04:13 AM
Panfork
Pacioretty Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpNYR View Post
Some of these players are just a pipe dream...

Really? Cammalleri? The one pure goal scorer the Habs have...
Johansson?
Franzen?

The only slight chance looking at it realistically would be Voracek, Raymond, and Setoguchi.

I think Edmonton is going to deal Hemsky and depending on how much salary we send the other way I'd be very interested. I'm a huge Hemsky fan. He can play either wing.
Agreed on Camm, especially now that his value is way way low, I doubt he's leaving Montreal. Franzen isn't leaving Detroit for anything.

Hemsky, that's an interesting one. He's on a very affordable salary, and superbly talented... But isn't he more of a playmaker than an actual goal scorer? I feel like we'd be better off landing another player that can put it in the net. Of course, if Hemsky is being sold off, there's no way I wouldn't want Sather to put in a bid.

That's a scary 1st line though... If Gaborik and Hemsky are making up 2/3rds of our main offensive line, we're going to have to learn to deal with injuries hurting the team.

Old
04-29-2011, 04:20 AM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
Agreed on Camm, especially now that his value is way way low, I doubt he's leaving Montreal. Franzen isn't leaving Detroit for anything.

Hemsky, that's an interesting one. He's on a very affordable salary, and superbly talented... But isn't he more of a playmaker than an actual goal scorer? I feel like we'd be better off landing another player that can put it in the net. Of course, if Hemsky is being sold off, there's no way I wouldn't want Sather to put in a bid.

That's a scary 1st line though... If Gaborik and Hemsky are making up 2/3rds of our main offensive line, we're going to have to learn to deal with injuries hurting the team.
He certainly is a playmaker. I'd say one of the best in the game right now. His vision is elite. That's a good point about injuries, but boy...That line can be equally scary if they stay healthy.

Hemsky-Richards-Gaborik. I think Hemsky can make Richards a 30 goal guy-- easy.

However, you can have Hemsky play with Callahan if you want to spread the talent. Callahan likes to shoot, and Hemsky can set him up.

Dubinsky-Richards-Gaborik
Hemsky-Stepan/Anisimov-Callahan

Old
04-29-2011, 05:28 AM
pld459666

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpNYR View Post
He certainly is a playmaker. I'd say one of the best in the game right now. His vision is elite. That's a good point about injuries, but boy...That line can be equally scary if they stay healthy.

Hemsky-Richards-Gaborik. I think Hemsky can make Richards a 30 goal guy-- easy.

However, you can have Hemsky play with Callahan if you want to spread the talent. Callahan likes to shoot, and Hemsky can set him up.

Dubinsky-Richards-Gaborik
Hemsky-Stepan/Anisimov-Callahan
two straight seasons with major shoulder surgery?

Not confident he can play a full season going forward.

I'd rather focus on Voracek.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2011, 06:38 AM
Miller Time NYR

[QUOTE=Panfork;32764350]Agreed on Camm, especially now that his value is way way low, I doubt he's leaving Montreal. Franzen isn't leaving Detroit for anything.

That's a scary 1st line though... If Gaborik and Hemsky are making up 2/3rds of our main offensive line, we're going to have to learn to deal with injuries hurting the team.[/QUOTE]

we didnt already

Miller Time NYR is offline   Reply With Quote