HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011 WCSF -Round 2- (5) Nashville Predators 2 vs. (1) Vancouver Canucks 4

Closed Thread

Old
04-28-2011, 02:52 PM
David Singleton
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
My Series Preview

Posted my preview today.

Old
04-28-2011, 02:57 PM
jstreet
Smashville

vCash: 8001
We should be good as long as Burrows doesnt skate around elbowing people in the head. Man I hate that puke.

Old
04-28-2011, 03:24 PM
ontheDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
That was the problem the Ducks had. The Preds top two lines are pretty balanced...they can score, they're good defensively. The third line is actually very good defensively as well, and to everyone's surprise, came alive offensively as well.

The Preds fourth line is pretty rotten defensively, but decent offensively. THat's the only line I'd worry about if they got stuck out against one of the top two VAN lines.
Ya...that third line will be all the difference if they keep scoring like the last couple of games.

Special teams seem to be key as well. Shutting down the Canucks PP and scoring for the Preds.

Old
04-28-2011, 03:46 PM
jd22

Send a message via MSN to jd22
On further review, Nashville is too close to Columbus for me to respect them.

Old
04-28-2011, 04:10 PM
birdy810

Have the Predators ever been on Hockey Night in Canada? This is very good publicity for them its well deserved. Anyways may the best team win, im pulling for the Canucks, Good luck.

Old
04-28-2011, 04:18 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdy810 View Post
Have the Predators ever been on Hockey Night in Canada? This is very good publicity for them its well deserved. Anyways may the best team win, im pulling for the Canucks, Good luck.
a few times, actually

Old
04-28-2011, 04:31 PM
CloakroomCrusader

Looks like game 3 is an 8 pm CT start

Old
04-28-2011, 04:36 PM
AEM6729

HA check out the picture at this link (surely one of you knows how to post the photo itself in the thread? I'm technologically challenged):

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc...urn=nhl-wp3692

Old
04-28-2011, 04:39 PM
FlexinMyPeks
Impekkable

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEM6729 View Post
HA check out the picture at this link (surely one of you knows how to post the photo itself in the thread? I'm technologically challenged):

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc...urn=nhl-wp3692
haha Yeah, thats in the photoshop thread on the main boards. Pretty funny.

Old
04-28-2011, 07:08 PM
Swifty57

Good Luck Pred's and remember keep your head up with the canucks.Let's keep the cup in the central div.

Old
04-28-2011, 07:17 PM
Reviled
Partisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdy810 View Post
Anyways may the best team win, im pulling for the Canucks, Good luck.

Oxymoron?

Old
04-28-2011, 07:43 PM
PhoneGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogurt View Post
Ooh, thanks. I think I'll steal a Geoffrion one to honour his grandfather and great grandfather.

Thanks for the hospitality! As lame as it sounds, I've always been attracted to your team's logo so I've always kinda wanted them to succeed. The fact that you guys took so much **** for being a 'non-traditional hockey market' in the past made me want to see you guys succeed even more.

And frankly, your crowd rocks.

I'm a Habs fan, I think I've got the bipolarity down pat.

Thank you for the kind words about our club and our fans. Yeah, I've kind of noticed that bipolarity runs rampant amongst fans of the NHL. If you get a chance, go read the game 5 GDT for an epic bout of bipolarity, especially about the time that Webs ties it up and then Smithers buries the GWG in OT.

Welcome aboard!

Old
04-28-2011, 10:10 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift LassÚ View Post
Just hoping you'll welcome a bandwagon jumper, what with the Blue Jackets in their standard playoff spot and my hometown Pens now eliminated. Been coming to Preds games at least once a year since their expansion season and still own a 21-Fitzgerald jersey tee.
I love your bunny avatar, always have. Welcome aboard!

Old
04-28-2011, 10:13 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Good lord Preds....

I thought they were supposed to be tired from a long series?

Old
04-28-2011, 11:51 PM
JussiM

Plenty of hockey still to be played.

Old
04-28-2011, 11:54 PM
Reviled
Partisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JussiM View Post
Plenty of hockey still to be played.
Well yeah, three more games if they play like this.

Old
04-29-2011, 03:08 AM
AEM6729

Any thoughts on 1) under what circumstances a lineup change might be in order and 2) who will be put in and who will sit? I assume he'd put in JP for the experience he brings, but what if he put in JP AND Wilson?

Maybe JP goes in for the next game but I don't see Wilson getting in unless Game 2 is a repeat of Game 1.

I just want these games to get a little more competitive and entertaining...with us being the only game tonight, it's annoying to totally suck when the whole hockey world is watching.

Old
04-29-2011, 03:37 AM
Aquiace
The Goggles!

After browsing through some posts, I read some frustrated comments from some Preds fans and I have to say I think I watched a different game. Some of it was rightfully frustrating, but I saw a lot of things that are very concerning to me as the oppositions fans.

1. The defense didn't crumble as badly as people said. There were very few loose pucks in front of the net. With few second opportunities, Rinne just has to focus on the first big save and that goes a long way.

2. Didn't score on the PP, but also didn't allow any PPG against. You shut down the #1 PP team, and even though the puck moved a lot, it didn't go in. That's huge.

3. Rinne. Nuff said.

4. Effectively cleared the front of the net. With few traffic shots from the point, checking the man in front of the net and gobbling up any rebounds, the damage is very limited.

It was a 1-0 loss... not a 5-0 loss. You may not have got a lot of offensive zone time, but you also didn't allow as many quality chances. And those that were quality, Rinne was up to the task.

With a bit more intensity in the offensive zone, a little more aggression on the blue line the scoring chances are a lot more equal and Rinne may not have to be the one to steal games. Make no mistake, Nashville is still a great team and this series is far from determined. So don't judge the team that badly, because it's still a very high quality team on the ice.

I predicted 7 games and I still stand by that prediction. I think next game will be far, far better. So enjoy the series and keep cheering because the best is yet to come.

Old
04-29-2011, 01:07 PM
ontheDB

Even though the Canuck PP had their way and the Preds looked bad on theirs, they both ended up with the same resutl: 0 goals.

Some legit silver linings in the post below that indicate the series will have some close games.

Canucks may have come off an intense 7 game first round, but they have the momentum from that and are playing like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquiace View Post
After browsing through some posts, I read some frustrated comments from some Preds fans and I have to say I think I watched a different game. Some of it was rightfully frustrating, but I saw a lot of things that are very concerning to me as the oppositions fans.

1. The defense didn't crumble as badly as people said. There were very few loose pucks in front of the net. With few second opportunities, Rinne just has to focus on the first big save and that goes a long way.

2. Didn't score on the PP, but also didn't allow any PPG against. You shut down the #1 PP team, and even though the puck moved a lot, it didn't go in. That's huge.

3. Rinne. Nuff said.

4. Effectively cleared the front of the net. With few traffic shots from the point, checking the man in front of the net and gobbling up any rebounds, the damage is very limited.

It was a 1-0 loss... not a 5-0 loss. You may not have got a lot of offensive zone time, but you also didn't allow as many quality chances. And those that were quality, Rinne was up to the task.

With a bit more intensity in the offensive zone, a little more aggression on the blue line the scoring chances are a lot more equal and Rinne may not have to be the one to steal games. Make no mistake, Nashville is still a great team and this series is far from determined. So don't judge the team that badly, because it's still a very high quality team on the ice.

I predicted 7 games and I still stand by that prediction. I think next game will be far, far better. So enjoy the series and keep cheering because the best is yet to come.

Old
04-29-2011, 02:51 PM
wadesworld

The other thing that gives me hope is that Martin Erat had an easy tip-in and somehow let the pass go right between his legs. I can only assume he didn't see it.

That won't happen very often.

Old
04-29-2011, 02:54 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Not to mention Weber's missed empty netter, Fisher's complete lack of creativity on the break, and some times where we passed up either an open pass to take a shot right into a blocker or a good shot for a bad pass. Typical Preds hockey when we aren't relaxed. We'll calm down (or we won't and we'll be done)

(and I think the first player to try one of those stupid drop passes right at the blue line should miss his next few shifts. Vancouver was swarming the blueline when we were trying to break in.)

Old
04-29-2011, 03:53 PM
Everlong
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadesworld View Post
The other thing that gives me hope is that Martin Erat had an easy tip-in and somehow let the pass go right between his legs. I can only assume he didn't see it.

That won't happen very often.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Not to mention Weber's missed empty netter, Fisher's complete lack of creativity on the break, and some times where we passed up either an open pass to take a shot right into a blocker or a good shot for a bad pass. Typical Preds hockey when we aren't relaxed. We'll calm down (or we won't and we'll be done)

(and I think the first player to try one of those stupid drop passes right at the blue line should miss his next few shifts. Vancouver was swarming the blueline when we were trying to break in.)
There were more than a few times where I saw Erat or Kostitsyn fail to make a pass into the slot when there was time and space. I think most of what happened last night could be attributed to nerves. Just a little too tentative, not doing the simple things that makes them successful like supporting the puck carrier and winning more puck battles. I think the next game we'll see a recharged group. Wouldn't mind seeing wilson out there to shake things up a bit though. Not sure who to take out though.

Old
04-29-2011, 05:27 PM
jlsg

If the boys play the way they did end of 2nd, most of third, this will be a very fun series to be part of, win or lose. It's going to be all about who blinks first.

Old
04-29-2011, 05:42 PM
AEM6729

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxClearTheCreasexx View Post
There were more than a few times where I saw Erat or Kostitsyn fail to make a pass into the slot when there was time and space. I think most of what happened last night could be attributed to nerves. Just a little too tentative, not doing the simple things that makes them successful like supporting the puck carrier and winning more puck battles. I think the next game we'll see a recharged group. Wouldn't mind seeing wilson out there to shake things up a bit though. Not sure who to take out though.
We gotta get rid of the nerves. I mean, what are we nervous about?! Nobody thought we would even make the playoffs when this season started, and the goal going into the postseason was to make it out of the first round. We got that monkey off our back and anything that happens after that is just gravy. The Canucks are the ones that are expected to win the Cup...they're the ones who should be feeling all the pressure and nerves, not us. We should be loose! They need to get into that mindset and stop playing so scared.

Old
04-29-2011, 06:02 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Maybe they feel like expectations are too high now. Who knows. That game should help them sort it all out, and if it doesn't we don't deserve to win. Mental toughness is every bit as important as physical ability.

Closed Thread