HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Post Series Discussion. Congrats to the habs for giving it all they had!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-28-2011, 11:09 PM
  #626
macavoy
Registered User
 
macavoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Houston, Tx
Country: United States
Posts: 7,818
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Etienne View Post
Oh wow. When Eller got hit by hit by McQuaid and seemed a little stunned on hi first shift in game 6, he actually dislocated his shoulder. He pushed back into place while on the ice. I didn't notice at all...
Was it game 6 or 7 that Chara slammed him against the ice? That looked like it really hurt but he got up like it didn't phase him at all.

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2011, 11:21 PM
  #627
Stradale
Registered User
 
Stradale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Dude, it absolutely warranted a suspension. It was a CLEAR, INTENTIONAL head shot as you can see him aim the head with his shoulder. Didn't the GMs just have a meeting about this not too long ago? They are trying to cut down on it. If the Refs had seen the play, I'm sure Ference would have gotten a 5min. To make it even more obvious, Ference doesn't even look back..Is it another one of ''oh, I didn't know he was there...'' crappy excuse?? Instead of being ejected, Ference gets an assist on the third goal, where a spear to Hammer's neck was also missed.
I don't mind the Refs missing a penalty behind the play. I think it's stupid because that's why the NHL decided to go with 2 refs, so that one can watch things that happen behind the play, but I guess they weren't paying attention this time.

But the way this league has handled themselves this year, and in these POs, is incredibly ridiculous. Downie gets suspended 20 games for his hit on McAmmond 4 years ago, throws the exact same hit in these POs, gets 1 game. Kunitz bows down and sticks out his elbow so he can hit Gagné's head who's got a history with concussions. Torres gets suspended for a hit to the head, first game back, destroys Seabrook in a clear blindside shot to the head, no suspension.
Richards clearly shoves Connolly into the boards from behind, obviously, it's Richards, no penalty.
Ference clearly aims Halpern's head, no suspension.

I mean, those were all clearly malicious hits, it really doesn't get more obvious than those hits. That's what is overly frustrating. The Chara hit, even if I don't agree with it, I can understand how you can spin the ''I didn't know the stanchion was there'' argument and I know Chara didn't want to break MaxPac's neck. I still would have given a suspension because the whole point is to sensitize players and make them responsible, but it didn't surprise me.
These hits however, were crystal clear intentional. That's what is really disturbing.
This is why this league is just simply ridiculous.

I knew Ference wouldn't be suspended. It was pretty obvious with how the league set the bar for headshot. Bieksa got hit on the head by Bickell almost exactly like Torres hit Seabrook.. Even if Bieksa had the puck but Bickell left his feet and blindsides Bieksa... Not even a penalty on the play.



This is how they want to get rid of headshot??

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2011, 12:02 AM
  #628
Kriss E
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 26,645
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
This is why this league is just simply ridiculous.

I knew Ference wouldn't be suspended. It was pretty obvious with how the league set the bar for headshot. Bieksa got hit on the head by Bickell almost exactly like Torres hit Seabrook.. Even if Bieksa had the puck but Bickell left his feet and blindsides Bieksa... Not even a penalty on the play.



This is how they want to get rid of headshot??
What's even more disturbing is that you have some fans apparently thinking this is just some good ole' hockey. Try to limit these hits and you know, players will start wearing tutus.
You hit the head, penalty+ minimum 3game suspension. Doesn't matter if their is an intent to injure or not, if the guy's head is down or up, looking on the left, right or straight ahead, with a shoulder, hand or elbow, if the guy gets injured or not. Simple and clear.

Once upon a time, slavery was perfectly normal. It was ********.
Once upon a time, you used to settle your differences by holding a shooting dual. It was ********.
Once upon a time in hockey, players would fight during warm-ups and have bench clearing brawls. It was ********.
Not suspending any hit related to the head outside freak accidents (and by accident I mean hitting a guy shoulder to shoulder, but his helmet flies off and he hits his head on the ice, or something of the sort), is completely ********.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2011, 01:24 AM
  #629
MintyFresh
Registered User
 
MintyFresh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 114
vCash: 500
The NESN announcers are brutal, wonder how they sounded when Subban clutched it with 2 minutes left? Tried to find it on youtube but couldn't.

MintyFresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2011, 03:17 AM
  #630
Stradale
Registered User
 
Stradale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
What's even more disturbing is that you have some fans apparently thinking this is just some good ole' hockey. Try to limit these hits and you know, players will start wearing tutus.
You hit the head, penalty+ minimum 3game suspension. Doesn't matter if their is an intent to injure or not, if the guy's head is down or up, looking on the left, right or straight ahead, with a shoulder, hand or elbow, if the guy gets injured or not. Simple and clear.

Once upon a time, slavery was perfectly normal. It was ********.
Once upon a time, you used to settle your differences by holding a shooting dual. It was ********.
Once upon a time in hockey, players would fight during warm-ups and have bench clearing brawls. It was ********.
Not suspending any hit related to the head outside freak accidents (and by accident I mean hitting a guy shoulder to shoulder, but his helmet flies off and he hits his head on the ice, or something of the sort), is completely ********.
Couldn't agree more. The day they will hand out automatic suspension will be the day they will show real interest in getting rid of headshot. I don't give a **** if the hit (to the head) was intentional or not, sucks for you but you did hit someone in the head and you will be suspended. The league punishes a bunch of accidents in the game but when it comes to an borderline "accidental" hit to the head, you get nothing. An accidental high stick is 2 min.. if there's blood, 2 more min. lol what a joke.

I don't buy the "its because he is shorter, that's why he was hit to the head". Thats ******** to me. Gill is 6'7, he doesn't give headshot every games, Gio is 5'7, he doesn't receive headshot every games either. Even if the game is fast, I think the big majority of headshots are avoidable.

Giving 1 game for a headshot is laughable, especially when its obvious that the hit was deliberate like Kunitz's. Like you said, any headshot should start with a 3 game automatic suspension, with that, I'm pretty sure the league will magically see the headshot drop.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2011, 06:18 AM
  #631
Crimson Skorpion
Moderator
 
Crimson Skorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Lachine, Quebec
Country: Germany
Posts: 30,459
vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Dude, it absolutely warranted a suspension. It was a CLEAR, INTENTIONAL head shot as you can see him aim the head with his shoulder. Didn't the GMs just have a meeting about this not too long ago? They are trying to cut down on it. If the Refs had seen the play, I'm sure Ference would have gotten a 5min. To make it even more obvious, Ference doesn't even look back..Is it another one of ''oh, I didn't know he was there...'' crappy excuse?? Instead of being ejected, Ference gets an assist on the third goal, where a spear to Hammer's neck was also missed.
I don't mind the Refs missing a penalty behind the play. I think it's stupid because that's why the NHL decided to go with 2 refs, so that one can watch things that happen behind the play, but I guess they weren't paying attention this time.

But the way this league has handled themselves this year, and in these POs, is incredibly ridiculous. Downie gets suspended 20 games for his hit on McAmmond 4 years ago, throws the exact same hit in these POs, gets 1 game. Kunitz bows down and sticks out his elbow so he can hit Gagné's head who's got a history with concussions. Torres gets suspended for a hit to the head, first game back, destroys Seabrook in a clear blindside shot to the head, no suspension.
Richards clearly shoves Connolly into the boards from behind, obviously, it's Richards, no penalty.
Ference clearly aims Halpern's head, no suspension.

I mean, those were all clearly malicious hits, it really doesn't get more obvious than those hits. That's what is overly frustrating. The Chara hit, even if I don't agree with it, I can understand how you can spin the ''I didn't know the stanchion was there'' argument and I know Chara didn't want to break MaxPac's neck. I still would have given a suspension because the whole point is to sensitize players and make them responsible, but it didn't surprise me.
These hits however, were crystal clear intentional. That's what is really disturbing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Ference stepped into him while he was in a vulnerable position. He intentionally tried to hurt the guy with a blow to the head. It's exactly these kinds of things that the league is supposedly trying to crack down on. I don't get why the league is so inconsistent on how they police this kind of stuff.


I'm going to disagree with you on two points here and strangely enough they're almost contradictory.

Personally, I didn't see an elbow so maybe I need to revisit that play.

Secondly (and it's strange that you wouldn't support a suspension if you thought an elbow was thrown) I think the league should be giving out suspensions for this kind of thing. It's behind the play, shot to the head and intent to injure. Three strikes and you should definitely sit out.

I just don't see how the league can seriously claim to be doing something about concussions when they see this and do nothing about it. And I'm not saying this because I'm a Hab fan (we're eliminated anyway so it doesn't matter) I'm saying it because we keep seeing this kind of stuff over and over and the league isn't doing anything about it. And so we get talented players (Marc Savard anyone?) who get injured and it hurts the game.

The NHL really needs to smarten up about this stuff.
You two gave me the exact response I was hoping for.

When I posted my post, it was my intention to see what everyone would think, if I were to share the same opinion as the league. I've been watching TONS of games all season and every playoff game up-to-date, and can not believe the crap that is a. going uncalled, and b. no suspensions handed out. Your reactions, the both of you, is exactly what most of the people have been saying now, since the start of the season.

As for me, I honestly think a suspension should have been given out. However, with all the stuff that has been overlooked, this doesn't surprise me one bit.

Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2011, 07:15 AM
  #632
optimus2861
Registered User
 
optimus2861's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bedford NS
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,249
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
The NHL really needs to smarten up about this stuff.
I think it has become crystal clear the NHL will not change until this generation of its 'leaders' is gone. There are too many men raised in 'old-school' hockey who are in positions of authority (Campbell) & influence (Jacobs) that will simply not permit the league to seriously address the headshot issue. They are just too afraid the 'big hit' will be taken out of the game if they do, and that fear is stronger than their mild concern that a Crosby's career is going to end prematurely if they don't.

optimus2861 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2011, 07:42 AM
  #633
LesCanadiens
Registered User
 
LesCanadiens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: The Okanagan Baby!
Posts: 2,822
vCash: 500
Great series overall by the boys. Showed lots of character and guts.

I really felt we outplayed the Bruins overall. They out-goaltended us after the first 2 games, and it was the key difference.

Gomez, Cammy and Pleks also needed to play better. There were flashes from each of them, but not what I expect, especially based on past herculean playoff performances especially from Gomez and Cammy.

Our D was decent for the most part. The first 2 games were a clinic of great defensive hockey. After that we weren't as tight, but still decent overall.

The pleasant surprises were: Eller, Desharnais, Subban (leader on D), Pyatt and Halpburn.

AK played OK. But was a bit scary sometimes with his decision making leading to some dangerous turnovers.

Pouliot was a disappointment. As was Darche. I expected him to shine in a Bruins/Habs series. Yet, he was a non-factor.

I know he gets heat on these boards, but I liked Spaceks game overall. Especially considering he was out for quite a while, I thought he made numerous smart and efficient plays for us.

I was very disappointed with Hamrliks game. For me, it was pins and needles every time he was on the ice.

We really missed Markov and Georges. I truly believe we take this series in 6 with those guys in our lineup.

The Bruins: Terrible organization overall. Guys like Orr, Bucyk, Park and O'Reilly must cringe. They're the most classless hockey club on a whole in the league. There are so many examples of it, it's no use listing them all again. But the BS comment of the finger stuck in the glove sums it up. A person with class, character and balls would own up to it and at least apologize to the league. As giving the middle finger to Canadiens fans, is doing so to the league which provides an idiot like Ference a chance to make millions for playing hockey. And the fact no one from the Bruins showed remorse for that gesture is as telling as their comments and reaction to the brutal intent to injure that stork Chara inflicted on Pacioretty.

Hope I get the chance to run into that idiot somewhere. I'd enjoy that.

The officiating was bush as usual. 2 extremely key goals should have never happened, and one suspension should have - going by their own precedents. Until the officiating is cleaned up (IE: Campbell and all his lap-dogs), we will always be a borderline bush league.


Last edited by LesCanadiens: 04-29-2011 at 08:09 AM.
LesCanadiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2011, 07:44 AM
  #634
Patccmoi
Registered User
 
Patccmoi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,140
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
You two gave me the exact response I was hoping for.

When I posted my post, it was my intention to see what everyone would think, if I were to share the same opinion as the league. I've been watching TONS of games all season and every playoff game up-to-date, and can not believe the crap that is a. going uncalled, and b. no suspensions handed out. Your reactions, the both of you, is exactly what most of the people have been saying now, since the start of the season.

As for me, I honestly think a suspension should have been given out. However, with all the stuff that has been overlooked, this doesn't surprise me one bit.
I think it's really important to keep a distinction between 'should it be called or not' and 'should it be called in relation to other things that went uncalled'.

Because sure looking at how Torres didn't get a second suspension, Richards got nothing (again!), etc. you could very well say 'well this isn't worse, no suspension'. But that's just ********, because it's assuming that the no-suspension on the others were all good decisions. Making a bad decision before isn't supposed to prevent you from taking a good one now, otherwise quit your job!

I totally agree that I was not surprised by the decision, but disgusted yes. This is a picture perfect example of everything wrong with headshots, you CLEARLY see the intention in it too (which isn't often easy to notice depending on the play, although I agree that there should be suspension wether there is intention or not, intention should only make it worse), it's totally out of the play, there was 0 reason whatsoever to hit Halpern there. Should Halpern look better and be more careful? Maybe, but he was also going to skate by Ference without contact if Ference didn't change his trajectory to hit him the jaw with his shoulder.

And all that from Ference, the guy who was so adamant to the media about how Paille should get suspended because the league wants to keep the game clean. Well apparently the league does but he doesn't, he showed a total lack of class in this serie.

Patccmoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2011, 07:53 AM
  #635
bruinsden
PRO/BOS Bruins!!!
 
bruinsden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 932
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MintyFresh View Post
The NESN announcers are brutal, wonder how they sounded when Subban clutched it with 2 minutes left? Tried to find it on youtube but couldn't.


go to 16:35

bruinsden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2011, 07:59 AM
  #636
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Country: Sri Lanka
Posts: 19,538
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Ference stepped into him while he was in a vulnerable position. He intentionally tried to hurt the guy with a blow to the head. It's exactly these kinds of things that the league is supposedly trying to crack down on. I don't get why the league is so inconsistent on how they police this kind of stuff.
That's where we disagree on things.

Ference didn't move his skates. He was at a complete stop. And Halpern skated into him.

Ference did only one thing, move his shoulder about an inch, he leaned a little to brace himself for the colision. A collision that was coming no matter if Ference moves his shoulder or not. Halpern, like a ******, skated into Ference's shoulders. There was no elbow whatsoever. And anyone seeing an elbow there loses all credibility about anything because you're seeing things that just don't exist.

Those are indisputable facts. I don't understand how someone can see something else while watching the events unfold.

Also.. as for the parts where Halpern was a vulnerable position and those hits is what the NHL is trying to crack down on ... that's wrong.

They're trying to eliminate blindside hits. Ference didn't blindside anyone. HE WAS STATIONARY for christ's sakes. He didn't move his feet. Halpern literally skated into him. Did Ference move his shoulder about an inch and lean into it so he would receive Halpern as hard as possible ? Yeah.. and really that's Halpern's fault. Are we gonna blame guys for not moving out of the way of players who are COMPLETELY careless ? The league still wants players to be aware of their surroundings and not be complete retards.

Des Louise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2011, 08:09 AM
  #637
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Country: Sri Lanka
Posts: 19,538
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
This is why this league is just simply ridiculous.

I knew Ference wouldn't be suspended. It was pretty obvious with how the league set the bar for headshot. Bieksa got hit on the head by Bickell almost exactly like Torres hit Seabrook.. Even if Bieksa had the puck but Bickell left his feet and blindsides Bieksa... Not even a penalty on the play.



This is how they want to get rid of headshot??
That, and the Torres hit (the second one where he wasn't suspended, not the first one, as I thought that one wasn't deserving of anything), as well as the Chara hit on Pacioretty.. I felt all those were deserving of 5 games +.

But in the Ference/Halpern situation I'm just not seeing it.

There's something vastly different in all those cases and the ference hit. In the other ones, the offending player is skating hard into someone, blindsiding them or boxing them in a tough situation. Ference ? Not like he went looking for it.

Des Louise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2011, 08:23 AM
  #638
Patccmoi
Registered User
 
Patccmoi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,140
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH˛ View Post
That, and the Torres hit (the second one where he wasn't suspended, not the first one, as I thought that one wasn't deserving of anything), as well as the Chara hit on Pacioretty.. I felt all those were deserving of 5 games +.

But in the Ference/Halpern situation I'm just not seeing it.

There's something vastly different in all those cases and the ference hit. In the other ones, the offending player is skating hard into someone, blindsiding them or boxing them in a tough situation. Ference ? Not like he went looking for it.
I think you're missing one part here. Ference changed course.

A defenseman in a game 7 is just going to loaf around in his zone when the puck gets to the other end, seriously? No, usually you'd think he'd skate to follow it.

Ference started skating... and became stationary. Halpern very likely assumed he would CONTINUE skating, and actually accelerate. If he did, there would've been no contact, no need to brace for one.

The fact is that Ference slowed down and lifted his shoulder to hit the jaw. There was ABSOLUTELY no need for that.

He didn't 'go looking for it'... but he saw perfectly the opportunity, likely saw too that he would never get caught (TOTALLY behind the play with refs looking at the other end) and just took it.

Come on, just look at it and tell me he didn't slow down and changed his trajectory to hit him in the jaw there. Halpern has played hockey for all his life likely and there's some things you just learn to assume and that you don't have to check for every second, like if a guy is skating in a certain way in a certain direction, you don't feel the need to look at him non-stop to guess where he will be in a seccond. It's just the same as driving a car, if you look in your mirror and see somebody coming at a certain speed, you will know 1 sec later where he should be, no need to keep your eye for him non-stop.

This was totally behind the play and the puck was at the other end, there was no reason whatsoever for Halpern to expect the guy to stop and lift his shoulder. It's extremely dirty. And I certainly won't believe anything Ference has to say in the matter after him saying he had a glove problem after his goal.

Patccmoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2011, 08:43 AM
  #639
LePoche69
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Montreal
Posts: 2,808
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayouHab View Post
http://liveflashscore.com/video-watc...alty-tea-party

This is the craziest thing I have ever heard. Hands down.
He said all this with a big smile. I found it kind of fun. It made me laugh. It is not so far away from the playoffs' intro RDS had, with a pseudo poetic voice-over...

LePoche69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2011, 08:49 AM
  #640
LePoche69
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Montreal
Posts: 2,808
vCash: 500
Here is what I would like to see next year, sort of :

MaxPac - Gomez - Gionta
Camy - Plek - Big & talented
Desharnais - Eller - Kostytsyn
Big & mean - White - Moen
Subs:
Pyatt
and/or
Palushaj

Markov - Gorges
Big & mobile - Subban
Big and Mean - Weber
Subs:
Mara
and/or
Spacek (then trade him as soon as possible)

Price
Sanford or MacIntire (sp?)

LePoche69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2011, 08:57 AM
  #641
BayouHab
Registered User
 
BayouHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Orlando, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 252
vCash: 500
Quote:
He said all this with a big smile. I found it kind of fun. It made me laugh. It is not so far away from the playoffs' intro RDS had, with a pseudo poetic voice-over...
I don't speak French, so I wouldn't know, but judging from what y'all say, RDS is pretty brutal. I grew up in New England, so I have heard way too many Bruins telecasts. I don't think it was done in good fun. If you win in overtime, in game 7, against your rival, of whom your captain broke a young player's (who is from New England, no less) neck earlier in the season, you should move on and prepare for the next series. That clip makes it sound like they just won the damn Cup. Lots of work let for the B's in this playoffs.

BayouHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2011, 09:04 AM
  #642
LePoche69
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Montreal
Posts: 2,808
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayouHab View Post
I don't speak French, so I wouldn't know, but judging from what y'all say, RDS is pretty brutal. I grew up in New England, so I have heard way too many Bruins telecasts. I don't think it was done in good fun. If you win in overtime, in game 7, against your rival, of whom your captain broke a young player's (who is from New England, no less) neck earlier in the season, you should move on and prepare for the next series. That clip makes it sound like they just won the damn Cup. Lots of work let for the B's in this playoffs.
Well, the guy isn't a Bruins' coach, so no, his job isn't to prepare for the next series. His job is to please as many viewers as he can, and he did it perfectly. Normal stuff. And the comparison is sooo big that yes, it was funny.

LePoche69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2011, 09:08 AM
  #643
BayouHab
Registered User
 
BayouHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Orlando, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 252
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LePoche69 View Post
Well, the guy isn't a Bruins' coach, so no, his job isn't to prepare for the next series. His job is to please as many viewers as he can, and he did it perfectly. Normal stuff. And the comparison is sooo big that yes, it was funny.
I see your point. I still think it was a ridiculous, uncalled for rant, but we will have to disagree there.

BayouHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2011, 09:15 AM
  #644
LePoche69
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Montreal
Posts: 2,808
vCash: 500
Yeah, it's fun to agree to disagree!

LePoche69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2011, 10:37 AM
  #645
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Country: Sri Lanka
Posts: 19,538
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patccmoi View Post
I think you're missing one part here. Ference changed course..
You guys are seeing things.

Elbows, changing course. No.

Ference didn't move, he didn't stick his elbow out, he didn't change course either.

Quote:
A defenseman in a game 7 is just going to loaf around in his zone when the puck gets to the other end, seriously? No, usually you'd think he'd skate to follow it.
Now if you wanna say he didn't resume skating after the play was done.. okay maybe, sure... so what? That's just grasping at straws. You're basically hoping Ference would get out of Halpern's way. There's no way that happens.

Quote:
Ference started skating... and became stationary. Halpern very likely assumed he would CONTINUE skating, and actually accelerate. If he did, there would've been no contact, no need to brace for one.
Grasping.. and making things up

Quote:
The fact is that Ference slowed down and lifted his shoulder to hit the jaw. There was ABSOLUTELY no need for that.
All he did was lean with his shoulders and that's called bracing yourself for a hit.

Quote:
He didn't 'go looking for it'... but he saw perfectly the opportunity, likely saw too that he would never get caught (TOTALLY behind the play with refs looking at the other end) and just took it.
Sure. So what ?

Quote:
Come on, just look at it and tell me he didn't slow down and changed his trajectory to hit him in the jaw there.
Not seeing it at all. You guys are honestly seeing things that aren't there.

Quote:
Halpern has played hockey for all his life likely and there's some things you just learn to assume and that you don't have to check for every second, like if a guy is skating in a certain way in a certain direction, you don't feel the need to look at him non-stop to guess where he will be in a seccond.
That's BS. Ference didn't alter his course to hit Halpern. Not at all. Halpern had looked about 1-3 seconds earlier. It was obvious after that look that they were clearly headed for each others. If I'm Ference and I see Halpern look at me and skate toward me, I'm probably really puzzled for a second as to what he's attempting to do. And you're judging Ference based on knowing what happened after that.

Honestly Ference is a gigantic ******* and I'm sure he was glad to have an opportunity to do what he did and get away with it. That's why Halpern's thought process was really confusing there.

Quote:
It's just the same as driving a car, if you look in your mirror and see somebody coming at a certain speed, you will know 1 sec later where he should be, no need to keep your eye for him non-stop.
Terrible analogy. Let me fix it for you.

You're driving in the left lane. You look up ahead of you. You see a car parked on the right side of the road taking up the right lane. You look into the mirror while you turn right and hit the parked car and then blame the parked car for being parked there instead of owning up to your absolutely ******** mistake.


Quote:
This was totally behind the play and the puck was at the other end, there was no reason whatsoever for Halpern to expect the guy to stop and lift his shoulder. It's extremely dirty. And I certainly won't believe anything Ference has to say in the matter after him saying he had a glove problem after his goal.
It doesn't matter what Ference has to say. He doesn't have to justify anything since he didn't do anything. Halpern basically skated into him. If Ference had done nothing, there would have been a collision. The difference is that both would have hit each other and possibly fallen on the ice. Instead Ference decided to be the rock in that collision. I wouldn't expect anything else from him. Halpern was pretty much ******** skating AWAY from the play, and right INTO the shoulder of another player. Absolutely ridiculous move by Halpern.


Last edited by Des Louise: 04-29-2011 at 10:46 AM.
Des Louise is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:57 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.