HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NYR Players in the World Championships

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-28-2011, 10:31 AM
  #151
turcotte8
Registered User
 
turcotte8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,872
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizMint View Post
According to HockeyDog on the GDT thread..
"Austrian defender fumbles the puck round the hashmarks. Kreider gets it and is alone in front of the goalie. Buries it easily top left."
Can watch it here
http://www.snyrangersblog.com/

turcotte8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2011, 10:43 AM
  #152
azrok22
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 9,450
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by turcotte8 View Post
Nice goal. That wasn't the defender fumbling the puck though, it was Kreider using his speed off the face off to burn the defenseman and get one-on-one with the goal.

Much more impressive than the above quote, which makes it seem like the defenseman gifted him a scoring chance.

azrok22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2011, 11:53 AM
  #153
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,229
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
Thanks. Kreider does have that. So why should he lose his dominance, his fun, his degree? To cover Sather's mistakes resulted in empy Rangers pipeline? Or to save Torts job due to lack of capable top6 forwards on his roster? Or to entertain boredom affected fans? I don't think conversations with Ranger palyers at WC could help. Sathers talks to his agent should do more. They need him more than he needs Rangers at this point.
You keep talking about Tortorella getting fired...yet, he was just resigned for 3 years.

He's not getting fired.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2011, 07:41 PM
  #154
94now
Registered User
 
94now's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Snow Belt, USA
Country: United Nations
Posts: 6,445
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
You keep talking about Tortorella getting fired...yet, he was just resigned for 3 years.

He's not getting fired.
I know. Another Sather's blunder. Redden says hello... Once he got his contract, Feb occured. Nice... By the end of Feb Sather should have realized he got screwed. NYI fired HC after a few weeks, I hope he gets canned in a year or so. Well, if not then Rangers should be doing really well. No way no playoffs will be tolerated.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2011, 07:44 PM
  #155
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,749
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
I know. Another Sather's blunder. Redden says hello... Once he got his contract, Feb occured. Nice... By the end of Feb Sather should have realized he got screwed. NYI fired HC after a few weeks, I hope he gets canned in a year or so. Well, if not then Rangers should be doing really well. No way no playoffs will be tolerated.
I agree, this team will be expected to make the playoffs next year. That said, I can't figure out why you think Torts should have been fired? He got a mediocre team to overachieve and make the playoffs. That alone is worth another year in my book.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2011, 07:51 PM
  #156
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,229
vCash: 500
What the heck does Redden have to do with Tortorella?

Blunder?

Your reaching. Tortorella is not getting fired. He's not. Enough.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2011, 11:37 PM
  #157
gravytrain6t
Registered User
 
gravytrain6t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 2,867
vCash: 500
Good news is, Gaborik is going to have one hell of tournament for the Slovaks!!



gravytrain6t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2011, 04:45 AM
  #158
Ranger Angst
Registered User
 
Ranger Angst's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 472
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrrrrible View Post
Any idea when VERSUS will start broadcasting games? I looked on their schedule for this weekend, and when USA is scheduled to play their first game, they have PROFESSIONAL BULL RIDERS in there.
Bull Riders

Ranger Angst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2011, 04:48 AM
  #159
hpNYR
HF Forecaster
 
hpNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Burbank, CA
Country: Armenia
Posts: 7,100
vCash: 500
Where can we watch this?????

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2011, 08:34 AM
  #160
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash
 
BlueshirtBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 19,022
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by azrok22 View Post
Nice goal. That wasn't the defender fumbling the puck though, it was Kreider using his speed off the face off to burn the defenseman and get one-on-one with the goal.

Much more impressive than the above quote, which makes it seem like the defenseman gifted him a scoring chance.
Yeah, that was actually a great goal. Great speed to get in the right position, good stick move to nudge the puck past the d-man, and then a nice shot.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2011, 10:30 AM
  #161
94now
Registered User
 
94now's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Snow Belt, USA
Country: United Nations
Posts: 6,445
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
What the heck does Redden have to do with Tortorella?

Blunder?

Your reaching. Tortorella is not getting fired. He's not. Enough.
He will not last for 3 years. No way. Dolan will lose a million or so. No big deal. I am fine being wrong, but he is a short term specialist on the long term project. Won't work.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2011, 10:33 AM
  #162
Ail
k.
 
Ail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mysidia
Country: United States
Posts: 17,798
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
He will not last for 3 years. No way. Dolan will lose a million or so. No big deal. I am fine being wrong, but he is a short term specialist on the long term project. Won't work.
I think this year will determine that. Assuming they add some offense.

__________________

Disintegrated MCL
rip
Ail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2011, 10:36 AM
  #163
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,927
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpNYR View Post
Where can we watch this?????
Saturday, 10 AM, on versus will be the U.S. opening qualification round game.

__________________
"I have something better than proof: I have anecdotal evidence."
Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2011, 10:41 AM
  #164
94now
Registered User
 
94now's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Snow Belt, USA
Country: United Nations
Posts: 6,445
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
I think this year will determine that. Assuming they add some offense.
Same was said about this or now last season... So it could be or not. Kreider should wait regardless. What if he sent out to DAL? Just play at WC and wait the things out, Chris.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2011, 10:53 AM
  #165
Ail
k.
 
Ail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mysidia
Country: United States
Posts: 17,798
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
Same was said about this or now last season... So it could be or not. Kreider should wait regardless. What if he sent out to DAL? Just play at WC and wait the things out, Chris.
Well, I mean it's a little different if Brad Richards, who has been a 70+ guy almost his whole (healthy) career, comes here and puts up 40 points, compared to Frolov being a nothingmaster. We saw how it may, or may not have affected Gaborik, and he's the only real offensive talent we have to gauge whether or not this system this past season neutered his offensive production.

My point being if Richards is signed, and both he and Gaborik have underwhelming seasons, you have to look at the system/coach rather than the players themselves.

At this point I'm not convinced it was Torts' system that held Gaborik back.

Ail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2011, 11:26 AM
  #166
Levitate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 20,985
vCash: 500
To be honest I think Tortorella has actually done a better job with the young Rangers players this year than Renney ever did...I finally feel like this team is building a foundation of young players with some talent, rather than a hodgepodge of 3rd liners and whatever veterans Renney can ride.

the foundation is fine, the top talent needs to emerge or be brought in.

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2011, 12:40 PM
  #167
Staals Eye
once TortsKindaGuy
 
Staals Eye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 826
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
To be honest I think Tortorella has actually done a better job with the young Rangers players this year than Renney ever did...I finally feel like this team is building a foundation of young players with some talent, rather than a hodgepodge of 3rd liners and whatever veterans Renney can ride.

the foundation is fine, the top talent needs to emerge or be brought in.
Completely agree 100%. One of my peeves with Renney is he always seemed to rely on guys because of their age and contract. Instead of who was giving him the effort.

Staals Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2011, 01:04 PM
  #168
Levitate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 20,985
vCash: 500
to be fair to Renney though, I don't think he ever had a lot of talented youth to work with. not that the rangers currently have significantly talented youth, but they have above average talented players at least

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2011, 01:56 PM
  #169
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 20,176
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
to be fair to Renney though, I don't think he ever had a lot of talented youth to work with. not that the rangers currently have significantly talented youth, but they have above average talented players at least
and part of that problem was the draft picks he was responsible for if im not mistaken.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2011, 02:16 PM
  #170
Levitate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 20,985
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
and part of that problem was the draft picks he was responsible for if im not mistaken.
Well, somewhat, and that some players hadn't matured enough and started reaching their potential.

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2011, 02:24 PM
  #171
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 20,176
vCash: 500

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2011, 02:28 PM
  #172
cenas*
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,388
vCash: 500
Gaborik wasted a breakaway.. I don't think I saw one good stretch pass hit his stick the whole season for the Rangers.

cenas* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2011, 02:32 PM
  #173
Pugs35
Registered User
 
Pugs35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 1,053
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by asakuj View Post
Gaborik wasted a breakaway.. I don't think I saw one good stretch pass hit his stick the whole season for the Rangers.
I think a few passes did hit his stick, but most of the time they ended up bouncing off and deflecting into the offensive zone, uselessly.

Pugs35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2011, 02:34 PM
  #174
jas
Unsatisfied
 
jas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 13,192
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
Three things you immediately notice about that play....1) the great first step, and how he's on the defender so quickly, 2) the patience with the puck once he gets it, (something we've seen on many occasions), and 3) the hands/finishing ability. Every time I see the kid, I think "top six" forward at the least.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2011, 02:44 PM
  #175
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,229
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
Well, I mean it's a little different if Brad Richards, who has been a 70+ guy almost his whole (healthy) career, comes here and puts up 40 points, compared to Frolov being a nothingmaster. We saw how it may, or may not have affected Gaborik, and he's the only real offensive talent we have to gauge whether or not this system this past season neutered his offensive production.

My point being if Richards is signed, and both he and Gaborik have underwhelming seasons, you have to look at the system/coach rather than the players themselves.

At this point I'm not convinced it was Torts' system that held Gaborik back.
If Richards is brought in here, there should be no reason not to allow Gaborik and Richards to be as creative as they can be. That would be the reason for bringing Richards in. They need some more skill and creativity.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:48 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.