HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Martin and Gauthier Press Conference on Now

Old
04-29-2011, 08:53 AM
HCH

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by m00ks View Post
Gill getting tremendous amount of credit for PK's development. That with Gorges vouching for him makes me believe we gotta have this guy back.
Well he didn't help him on the ice... so it must have been in the dressing room or discussing plays while they were on the bench. Gill should be a coach... I think he would make a great one.

HCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2011, 09:01 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

The press conference was a whole lot of taking to say... nothing! A whole lot of hot air, in the land of make-believe. The fact remains that we're talking about predictable Habs: This year, like last year and like next year, unless…

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2011, 09:17 AM
SB164

TonyMarinaro Tony Marinaro

For those who are still wondering about Andrei Markov and Habs. As per my tweet back March 25, A.Markov was offered 1yr deal by Habs. 5.75m.

Markov wants 3yr deal. When I mentionned that to P.Gauthier yesterday he didnt say not true, did he? Habs offered 1yr; Markov wants 3yrs

SB164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2011, 09:30 AM
Hugo Sham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
The press conference was a whole lot of taking to say... nothing! A whole lot of hot air, in the land of make-believe. The fact remains that we're talking about predictable Habs: This year, like last year and like next year, unless…
bert raymond's not drinking the kool-aid. i'm not a raymond fan but he basically says that at some point molson won't accept just making the playoffs..also said Gauthier can feed us what he wants, but habs aren't built to win 4 rounds
http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/318914.html

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2011, 09:37 AM
sampollock

here is a idea, go out and get size,

enough of the guys that can't go on rides, cause they walk under the bar,

cammy and gionta are gold, but enough

sampollock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2011, 09:37 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
bert raymond's not drinking the kool-aid. i'm not a raymond fan but he basically says that at some point molson won't accept just making the playoffs..also said Gauthier can feed us what he wants, but habs aren't built to win 4 rounds
Neither are 29 other teams each year. Only one team is "built to win 4 rounds". That's a silly statement now that we're eliminated. That's like me saying "the Dallas Stars aren't a playoff team" a minute after they get eliminated from contention.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2011, 09:41 AM
gusfring

We are only concerned with one team: ours.

I couldn't care less about the 29 others.

Agree 100% with the Bertrand article.

If the Molson's like having a guranteed 21,273 every night and one of the highest revenue teams in the league, then expect higher expectations.

gusfring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2011, 09:44 AM
neofury*

That isn't the point really but okay.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2011, 09:45 AM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
TonyMarinaro Tony Marinaro

For those who are still wondering about Andrei Markov and Habs. As per my tweet back March 25, A.Markov was offered 1yr deal by Habs. 5.75m.

Markov wants 3yr deal. When I mentionned that to P.Gauthier yesterday he didnt say not true, did he? Habs offered 1yr; Markov wants 3yrs
I'm still wondering why Marinaro is still relevant. I hate his arrogant attitude over the past little while. He has very little reason to be.

Him and his Pierre Mcguire pumping on the team 990. My guess is Mcguire feeds them information so long as they promote him and a GM candidate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
I don't think Betrand Raymond has ever said anything positive about the team(until they proved him wrong about negative stuff he said earlier, he then just pretends like he never said anything at all).

Gauthier has had the team for a year and 2 months, very little cap space to work with and a lot of injuries to plug this year. Very hard to evaluate his work.

30 million dollar offseason is where we'll evaluate him.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2011, 09:55 AM
saints96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
I'm still wondering why Marinaro is still relevant. I hate his arrogant attitude over the past little while. He has very little reason to be.

Him and his Pierre Mcguire pumping on the team 990. My guess is Mcguire feeds them information so long as they promote him and a GM candidate.

I don't think Betrand Raymond has ever said anything positive about the team(until they proved him wrong about negative stuff he said earlier, he then just pretends like he never said anything at all).

Gauthier has had the team for a year and 2 months, very little cap space to work with and a lot of injuries to plug this year. Very hard to evaluate his work.

i think pimping is the word you're looking for and i totally agree. Its so obvious too. It'll take more than a radio stations pimping to get him a job. Theres a reason why its almost 20 years he doesnt have one.

saints96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2011, 09:58 AM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by saints96 View Post
i think pimping is the word you're looking for and i totally agree. Its so obvious too. It'll take more than a radio stations pimping to get him a job. Theres a reason why its almost 20 years he doesnt have one.
The radio pimping is enough to have fans believe that he should be.

I don't know what's sadder people who want Pierre Mcguire as our Gm or people who give a damn about the royal wedding.

Old
04-29-2011, 10:01 AM
saints96

Quote:
The radio pimping is enough to have fans believe that he should be.

I don't know what's sadder people who want Pierre Mcguire as our Gm or people who give a damn about the royal wedding.
both as sad as lets say people who believe in the world's new religion, '' global warming''.

saints96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2011, 10:03 AM
gusfring

Quote:

Actually he was on RDS the other day and was very positive about what he considered 4 cornerstones/younger players of the franchise.

Price, Subban, Eller and Pacioretty.

Old
04-29-2011, 10:04 AM
skule123

Just saw this in Hickey's article about Gauthier:

Quote:
But as proud as Gautier is, there will be changes next season and the first will be in the coaching staff. Gauthier ducked a question about assistant coach Kirk Muller, but he'll be moving to the Dallas Stars. His appointment as head coach is on hold while the team awaits a new group of owners.
Read more: http://www.montrealgazette.com/sport...#ixzz1KvOp7tQB

skule123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2011, 10:06 AM
uiCk
GrEmelins

Quote:
Originally Posted by skule123 View Post
Just saw this in Hickey's article about Gauthier:

Read more: http://www.montrealgazette.com/sport...#ixzz1KvOp7tQB
so kirk going to dallas is almost a done deal? pretty much what i thought when dallas canned their coach at end of the season

uiCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2011, 10:08 AM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nittany View Post
Actually he was on RDS the other day and was very positive about what he considered 4 cornerstones/younger players of the franchise.

Price, Subban, Eller and Pacioretty.
So now Eller is a cornerstone for Raymond. During the Halak trade Eller was a nobody and Gauthier was an idiot.

How these media people have jobs is beyond me.

Posters on this forum are much more informative and knowledgable that most on rds.

Old
04-29-2011, 10:11 AM
Forsead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
Hey Habsterix how is Penner doing in LA

Forsead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2011, 10:11 AM
guest1467

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
I hope he was giving him props for being so patient and willing to play 4th line scrub minutes/roles until the final few games of the season when Martin had no choice but to play him because he was OBVIOUSLY an asset to the team that needed to be used more.

how much further along would that development be if Martin had allowed him more opportunity to learn and grow during the regular season (as opposed to waiting until Game 6-7 to give him minutes down the stretch in a close game).

If I'm Eller, and I hear this, I'd be shaking my head and hoping I don't have to deal with this coach for much longer...
Have you ever heard the expression `pay your dues?`

Or are you one of those people that expects everything to be handed to them?

The kid made mistakes on a regular basis, took stupid penalties, gave up the puck, and was not strong enough on his skates.

But according to you, he should be given premier minutes right off the bat.

Its called protection, progression and good coaching.

I also like the fact that your mind is so deluded that you think Eller only got 4th line scrub minutes until the very last games of the season.

**** me.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2011, 10:12 AM
gusfring

Quote:
So now Eller is a cornerstone for Raymond. During the Halak trade Eller was a nobody and Gauthier was an idiot.

How these media people have jobs is beyond me.

Posters on this forum are much more informative and knowledgable that most on rds.
Just responding to your post stating that he nevers says anything positive about the team, which is just ridiculous.

Old
04-29-2011, 10:14 AM
Andy

Quote:
Just responding to your post stating that he nevers says anything positive about the team, which is just ridiculous.
I also said in that post that the only time he says something positive about the team is when he proven wrong. When he is, he just ignores what he says previously and acts like he knew it along.

Like I said. Raymond during the trade: Eller is a nobody and Gauthier is an idiot

Raymond at the end of the season: Eller is a cornerstone, Gauthier is still an idiot

Old
04-29-2011, 10:15 AM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsead View Post
Hey Habsterix how is Penner doing in LA
Better yet. Ask Asterix why he disappeared when Andrei was on his game for the last like 25 games of the season. I guess like Gauthier, Asterix blows a lot of "hot air"

Old
04-29-2011, 10:19 AM
gusfring

Quote:
I also said in that post that the only time he says something positive about the team is when he proven wrong. When he is, he just ignores what he says previously and acts like he knew it along.

Like I said. Raymond during the trade: Eller is a nobody and Gauthier is an idiot

Raymond at the end of the season: Eller is a cornerstone, Gauthier is still an idiot
Can you point me to his article that mentioned Eller is a nobody? Also where Gauthier is an idiot?

He's paid for opinions, he isn't paid to agree with everything the organization does, like people do around here.

He's allowed to be proven wrong. It's not a crime.

The question from RDS was: who do you consider to be the 3-4 young cornestones of the franchise? He answered with those 4 names.

Old
04-29-2011, 10:24 AM
Andy

Quote:
Can you point me to his article that mentioned Eller is a nobody? Also where Gauthier is an idiot?

He's paid for opinions, he isn't paid to agree with everything the organization does, like people do around here.

He's allowed to be proven wrong. It's not a crime.

The question from RDS was: who do you consider to be the 3-4 young cornestones of the franchise? He answered with those 4 names.
His opinions are crap. He provides no insight and is a whiner.

People here don't agree with everything management does and still provide much more insight without sounding like bitter whiney babies like Bert. Whitesnake, Ohashi, E=Ch, MathMan. They dont always agree, but they provide well structured arguments as to why they don't and don't whine in the process. These posters are also highly informative.

When I read bert I feel like I get dumber.

Old
04-29-2011, 10:28 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Surprised about Muller, I would have bet on him going to Jersey

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2011, 10:33 AM
skule123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Surprised about Muller, I would have bet on him going to Jersey
I'm surprised that nugget was buried inside a long article about something else entirely - maybe it's Hickey's (well-educated) conjecture? Seems like something that would have gotten its own headline.

skule123 is offline   Reply With Quote