HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Pitts & Buff

Old
04-29-2011, 11:23 AM
goldy2266

vCash: 500
Pitts & Buff

Another Malkin trade !!!! I'm a Pens fan and have been through the hard years after Lemieux.

To Pitts:
Tyler Myers
Zack Kassian
Luke Adam
Brad Boyes

To Buff:
Evgeni Malkin
Matt Niskanen
2nd Round draft pick.

Myers is thier man on defence, but would they trade him for a franchise centerman (would make Vanek look SICK!)

goldy2266 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2011, 11:32 AM
Jaded-Fan

Yeah, Yeah your a Pens' fan. I am a Caps fan and I think we should trade Ovechkin to the Pens for Tyler Kennedy.

Can we stop with the people whose first post ever at HF is a Malkin proposal? Here's a bit of reality for you. Pens' fans are not interested in whatever stupid collection of parts you have come up with that you think is so brilliant, hasn't it become obvious by now? Hell, very few have ever expressed any interest in trading him at all no matter what the proposal is. Yourself notwithstanding of course. Heh. (your trading the Pens a defenseman of all things, the last thing that they need, and getting all hot and bothered with thoughts of how 'sick' Vanek would look next to Malkin gives you away some. Try to temper that the next time you play another team's fan with a new name). And I doubt any team reads these boards or, if they did, would follow the idiotic proposals that fill here as part of their game plan.

When the urge fills you to come here and type the word 'Malkin' why not just back away from the keyboard.

Last edited by Jaded-Fan: 04-29-2011 at 11:40 AM.
Jaded-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2011, 11:33 AM
veedubn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldy2266 View Post
Another Malkin trade !!!! I'm a Pens fan and have been through the hard years after Lemieux.
To Pitts:
Tyler Myers
Zack Kassian
Luke Adam
Brad Boyes

To Buff:
Evgeni Malkin
Matt Niskanen
2nd Round draft pick.

Myers is thier man on defence, but would they trade him for a franchise centerman (would make Vanek look SICK!)
What "hard years" would a Pens fan know about? Try being a Leafs fan.

I don't see why Pittsburgh would need to include a 2nd round pick in this deal, Buffalo is getting one of the top 5 players in the league. Buffalo would need to include this years' 1st rounder as well.

veedubn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2011, 11:38 AM
JPurp26

no thanks from Buffalo,

With Malkin's knee in question it would be tough for any team to make a deal for him, and Tyler Myers is not being traded

JPurp26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2011, 11:44 AM
veedubn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPurp26 View Post
no thanks from Buffalo,

With Malkin's knee in question it would be tough for any team to make a deal for him, and Tyler Myers is not being traded
Seriously?

Myers would be the only guy I would be worried about losing from Buffalo's side in this deal.

I understand the hesitation regarding Malkin's knee.. but if he comes back and looking like the Malkin that helped the Pens win the cup a couple years ago.. you make this deal, right?

veedubn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2011, 11:58 AM
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPurp26 View Post
no thanks from Buffalo,

Yep.

BackGroundMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2011, 12:08 PM
laufer72
Ashburton Grove

Why?!? I mean really.....WHY?!?! And no more or less, but on the first post on the board?!?

laufer72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2011, 01:11 PM
Dixon

Let's leave Myers out of this:

To Buffalo:

Malkin
3rd round pick

To Pittsburgh:

Roy
Stafford
your choice: Sekera/Butler/Gragani
Adam or McNabb
1st round pick

Pens still have excellent center depth, add a 30 and possibly an easy 40 goal scorer with Crosby, their choice of a quality young defenseman, one of the Sabres top prospects and a 1st. I think Pitts would have to strongly consider.

Dixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2011, 01:24 PM
goldy2266

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded-Fan View Post
Yeah, Yeah your a Pens' fan. I am a Caps fan and I think we should trade Ovechkin to the Pens for Tyler Kennedy.

Can we stop with the people whose first post ever at HF is a Malkin proposal? Here's a bit of reality for you. Pens' fans are not interested in whatever stupid collection of parts you have come up with that you think is so brilliant, hasn't it become obvious by now? Hell, very few have ever expressed any interest in trading him at all no matter what the proposal is. Yourself notwithstanding of course. Heh. (your trading the Pens a defenseman of all things, the last thing that they need, and getting all hot and bothered with thoughts of how 'sick' Vanek would look next to Malkin gives you away some. Try to temper that the next time you play another team's fan with a new name). And I doubt any team reads these boards or, if they did, would follow the idiotic proposals that fill here as part of their game plan.

When the urge fills you to come here and type the word 'Malkin' why not just back away from the keyboard.
LOL, you are a funny guy and I'm sure thatís what the girls tell you! But I'm not saying that we (the Pens) need another D-man, and for that fact if the penguins don't need any more defensemen than why did we trade GoGo for a Power Forward and a ....... ah yes a defenseman???

I truly believe that Malkin will not be traded. Seeing as the teams that have continued playoff success do it with more than one star forward. I just like to mull over the trade possibilities with people who know a bit more about hockey than my pooley buddies. I'm sure you can regale us all with your tails of "energy line" player trades that will have almost no one interested.

Keep the madness alive!!!!!!!!

BTW I donít think my trade proposal is as far fetched as Ovey for Kennedy...... but since you have 2K plus posts you MUST be the local authority on all trades??!!

Old
04-29-2011, 01:29 PM
Karlstrobe
"Lets Win It All"

Quote:

To Pitts:
Tyler Myers
Zack Kassian
Luke Adam
Brad Boyes

To Buff:
Evgeni Malkin
Matt Niskanen
2nd Round draft pick.

You want to trade a franchise D, 2 good young prospects, and a goal scoring winger for a Russian who had a bad year and is coming off ACL and MCL tears, a soso player and a 2nd rounder. Buffalo laughs and hangs up.

Karlstrobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2011, 01:29 PM
Jaded-Fan

Quote:
LOL, you are a funny guy and I'm sure thatís what the girls tell you! But I'm not saying that we (the Pens) need another D-man, and for that fact if the penguins don't need any more defensemen than why did we trade GoGo for a Power Forward and a ....... ah yes a defenseman???

I truly believe that Malkin will not be traded. Seeing as the teams that have continued playoff success do it with more than one star forward. I just like to mull over the trade possibilities with people who know a bit more about hockey than my pooley buddies. I'm sure you can regale us all with your tails of "energy line" player trades that will have almost no one interested.

Keep the madness alive!!!!!!!!

BTW I donít think my trade proposal is as far fetched as Ovey for Kennedy...... but since you have 2K plus posts you MUST be the local authority on all trades??!!
*shrugs* degree of bad does not matter. Bad is bad and neither my amazing offer (as a long time Cap's fan of course) and your offer has any chance of happening.

If this past year has proven anything it is that the Pens do not need a bunch of parts for one star player. They have quality cheap depth to spare, all of whom stepped up and together got the team the third most points in the NHL this year. Malkin fits under the cap, they will fill out the team and have almost $4 million to add another wing to boot if they want to this offseason. The notion of trading Malkin, almost no matter the offer, fails on so many levels and for so many reasons it is not even funny given the team as presently constructed.

Jaded-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2011, 01:30 PM
Crisp Breakout

Quote:
Originally Posted by siKmoNStir View Post

To Buffalo:

Malkin
3rd round pick

To Pittsburgh:

Roy
Stafford
Adam or McNabb
1st round pick

Pens still have excellent center depth, add a 30 and possibly an easy 40 goal scorer with Crosby, their choice of a quality young defenseman, one of the Sabres top prospects and a 1st. I think Pitts would have to strongly consider.
The OP's basis for the trade was to acquire a stud Dman. Your counter defeats his purpose. Also, I don't think you get to "leave" a player out for Malkin...

Crisp Breakout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2011, 01:30 PM
goldy2266

Quote:

To Buffalo:

Malkin
3rd round pick

To Pittsburgh:

Roy
Stafford
Adam or McNabb
1st round pick

I'd pass on this deal, I would want at least one player that has the upside to the a perenial allstar. Roy would be a third line center (not sure if the Pens need him), Luke Adam and the First rounder are good for the propects protion of the deal. I would If I was the Pens want this instead:

To Pittsburgh:
Vanek
Kassian
1st Round this year (because it is a deep draft year)

To Buffalo:
Malkin

Would you do that???

Old
04-29-2011, 01:35 PM
Crisp Breakout

Quote:
I'd pass on this deal, I would want at least one player that has the upside to the a perenial allstar. Roy would be a third line center (not sure if the Pens need him), Luke Adam and the First rounder are good for the propects protion of the deal. I would If I was the Pens want this instead:

To Pittsburgh:
Vanek
Kassian

To Buffalo:
Malkin

Would you do that???
No way are you a Pens fan...

Crisp Breakout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2011, 01:37 PM
goldy2266

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded-Fan View Post
*shrugs* degree of bad does not matter. Bad is bad and neither my amazing offer (as a long time Cap's fan of course) and your offer has any chance of happening.

If this past year has proven anything it is that the Pens do not need a bunch of parts for one star player. They have quality cheap depth to spare, all of whom stepped up and together got the team the third most points in the NHL this year. Malkin fits under the cap, they will fill out the team and have almost $4 million to add another wing to boot if they want to this offseason. The notion of trading Malkin, almost no matter the offer, fails on so many levels and for so many reasons it is not even funny given the team as presently constructed.

You seem extremely articulate, but I think you fail to see the true meaning of this forum...... it's for FANTASY trade proposals........ THIS IS A FANTASY TRADE, is the deal fair? Would it fit the needs of either team...?? If not throughout another possibility?????!!!!! I'm amiss at your comments seeing as this is a fantasy trade forum. Maybe in the future you should skip the posts marked Proposal:

Or just back away from the keyboard.

Old
04-29-2011, 01:43 PM
Dixon

Quote:

To Pittsburgh:
Vanek
Kassian

To Buffalo:
Malkin

Would you do that???
I would do that in a second but you are getting owned. My deal was way better for the Pens and I don't see how getting a near PPG player over his career in Roy, can just be regulated to a "third line center." I would definitely rather have him than Staal.

Old
04-29-2011, 01:44 PM
Confound
-Vindicated-

Malkin is not being traded people, move on.

Confound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Dixon

Quote:
I would do that in a second but you are getting owned. My deal was way better for the Pens and I don't see how getting a near PPG player over his career in Roy, can just be regulated to a "third line center." I would definitely rather have him than Staal.
I just realized you are the one who started this thread lol. Good trolling buddy.

Old
Karlstrobe
"Lets Win It All"

Quote:
You seem extremely articulate, but I think you fail to see the true meaning of this forum...... it's for FANTASY trade proposals........ THIS IS A FANTASY TRADE, is the deal fair? Would it fit the needs of either team...?? If not throughout another possibility?????!!!!! I'm amiss at your comments seeing as this is a fantasy trade forum. Maybe in the future you should skip the posts marked Proposal:

Or just back away from the keyboard.
Ya its fantasy, meaning not real trades and hypotheticals but lets be real here and stop with the ridiculous trades offers. Its a fun forum when people make realistic offers and its debated. Not anything out of their ass..

Karlstrobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2011, 01:49 PM
Dixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStu View Post
The OP's basis for the trade was to acquire a stud Dman. Your counter defeats his purpose. Also, I don't think you get to "leave" a player out for Malkin...
I feel ya playa. I do think though, that Roy, Stafford and Sekera rather than Malkin, might just give the Pens a better chance at the Cup right now.

Old
04-29-2011, 01:49 PM
VilleLeino

so we trade our top 2 prospects imho, our franchise dman and a 20 goal score for a russian me player who had a okay year and an acl/mcl tear?

Call darcy up lets get this signed....

VilleLeino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2011, 01:51 PM
goldy2266

Quote:
I supose it's all in the eye of the beholder....??

Old
04-29-2011, 01:52 PM
goldy2266

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButlerFutureSniper View Post
Ya its fantasy, meaning not real trades and hypotheticals but lets be real here and stop with the ridiculous trades offers. Its a fun forum when people make realistic offers and its debated. Not anything out of their ass..
Every trade proposal comes from someone ass.....

Old
04-29-2011, 02:02 PM
goldy2266

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaletaVANEK View Post
so we trade our top 2 prospects imho, our franchise dman and a 20 goal score for a russian me player who had a okay year and an acl/mcl tear?

Call darcy up lets get this signed....

Just a break down,

Boyes was had for a 2nd round pick and had 9 points in 22 games for the Sabres (That is just Okay)

The two propects are what they are Pospects (very good prospects but still propects).

Myers is a really good defenseman and may/should delelope into a Bouwmeester type player. IMO

for:

Malkin - who has to be in the top ten of all players coveted by the GM's (fantasy and real)

A defensaman that can play in Buffalo's top 6 (not a top 4 guy)

and a Half @ss decent draft pick.

After I sell it like that I may not make the trade as first posted....!

Old
04-29-2011, 03:09 PM
UnderratedBrooks44

Just stop this madness.

UnderratedBrooks44 is offline   Reply With Quote