HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

LW to hopefully Richards - Gaborik

Old
04-29-2011, 10:33 AM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

vCash: 500
Dont want the wiz, he will be overpaid and a dissapointment.

Really don't see Richards taking anything less than 7, although if he really wants to come here i guess its a possibility.

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2011, 10:43 AM
GAGLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckface NYR View Post
Dont want the wiz, he will be overpaid and a dissapointment.

Really don't see Richards taking anything less than 7, although if he really wants to come here i guess its a possibility.
We could go with Pitkanen instead, though I think he will cost a little more.

GAGLine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2011, 10:45 AM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
We could go with Pitkanen instead, though I think he will cost a little more.
Would rather have pit. At the same time, if we get richards, he is most certainly a #1 pp QB. I wouldn't mind letting stepan and del zotto running the second unit, with richards running the first. We need to continue to let the kids grow, even while becoming contenders.

I don't think we have the salary to sign two guys of that caliber (pit and Richards), unless drury retires and/or, redden voids.

Old
04-29-2011, 10:46 AM
Dredden
JT Miller

Wait til` summer of 2012 to sign other FA.This summers UFA crop sucks. You gotta wait. There are forwards like:

Sharp
Perron
Penner
Ruutu
Doan
Versteeg
Hemsky

In 2012 there are defenders like:

Burns
Gleason
Liles
Suter
Rafalski
Tyutin

I dont want Ehrhoff, Wiznewski receiving 5 million dollar contracts while one of Suter and Burns is available.

Dredden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2011, 10:59 AM
GAGLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dredden View Post
Wait til` summer of 2012 to sign other FA.This summers UFA crop sucks. You gotta wait. There are forwards like:

Sharp
Perron
Penner
Ruutu
Doan
Versteeg
Hemsky

Burns
Gleason
Liles
Suter
Rafalski
Tyutin

I dont want Ehrhoff, Wiznewski receiving 5 million dollar contracts while one of Suter and Burns is available.
That's a good point. Maybe we are better off keeping Wolski this year, buy out Drury and try to sign Richards. We still don't know what will happen with the next CBA.

In 2012, Wolski, Avery, Christensen and MZA are off the books, and Drury's cap hit would drop by 2.05 mil. That should free up enough money, provided the cap doesn't drop.

GAGLine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2011, 11:05 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

In the new CBA the salary cap will very possibly drop.

If we have Richards, Gaborik, Lundqvist all signed for a combined 21 some odd mil, and Staal, Girardi, Dubi, and Cally eating up another 15 mil, it'll be hard to sign any more big name free agents.

04-29-2011, 11:07 AM
howztheglass

What about Shane Doan from Phoenix.

Let's say Phonenix moves back to Winnipeg and Doan doesn't want to play there maybe we can make a deal with Phoenix(again--our favorite trade partners)move Gabby to LW and play Doan at RW.

Gabby-Richards-Doan.

Doan cap hit is do-able at 4.5 to fit under our cap depending on whom we also send the other way.

howztheglass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2011, 11:08 AM
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss

Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dredden View Post

Sharp
Perron
Penner
Ruutu
Doan
Versteeg
Hemsky

Burns
Gleason
Liles
Suter
Rafalski
Tyutin

Sharp yes, Perron and Ruutu yes, hell no to Penner, no to an old Doan, no to another soft oft injured Euro Hemsky. Versteeg isn't that much of a difference maker. As for the d, sure I'd love Suter and Burns but I can't see them making it to ufa.

Glen Teflon Sather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2011, 11:11 AM
x BEUKEBOOM x
Buuuuuuuuuuuk !

Jagr 2 years @ 1.5m per, with team option for 3rd year @ 2.25m.

Jagr-Richards-Gaborik till Gabbys contract runs out in 2013/14.

1) Jagr gets to play without pressure of carrying the team or the line.
2) Even if his wheels fail, he was always a floater anyway, but his shot should still be good, let him play clean up on the Richards/Gabby line.
3) If MDZ makes the team, it gives him a chance to play on the 2nd pp vs opposing teams 2nd teir players while Richards + D? play points and Dubi/JJ/Cally cycle. Dubi had good chemistry with JJ the 1st time and Callys & Dubi's board work and Chemistry were appently lacking when Cally went down.

Seems like a no brainer as long as JJ accepts his role and a low dollar amount. And the fans accept that roll out of him and don't boo the snot out of him beacuse he's not "JAROMIR JAGR" anymore.

x BEUKEBOOM x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2011, 11:17 AM
howztheglass

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangers32185 View Post
Sharp yes, Perron and Ruutu yes, hell no to Penner, no to an old Doan, no to another soft oft injured Euro Hemsky. Versteeg isn't that much of a difference maker. As for the d, sure I'd love Suter and Burns but I can't see them making it to ufa.
Doan might be a little old at 34 years--but he puts up 60-80 every year.Put him with Richards and his point total will go up.

As far as the other's I have to agree with you,

Sharp
Ruutu
Suter
Burns

All would look good in Ranger jersey's.But I think the only 1 we might have a shot at is Ruutu possibly Burns if he wears out his welcome in Minny.

howztheglass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2011, 11:22 AM
Ail
k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueCollarBlueBlood View Post

2) Even if his wheels fail, he was always a floater anyway, but his shot should still be good, let him play clean up on the Richards/Gabby line.
3) If MDZ makes the team, it gives him a chance to play on the 2nd pp vs opposing teams 2nd teir players while Richards + D? play points and Dubi/JJ/Cally cycle. Dubi had good chemistry with JJ the 1st time and Callys & Dubi's board work and Chemistry were appently lacking when Cally went down.

Seems like a no brainer as long as JJ accepts his role and a low dollar amount. And the fans accept that roll out of him and don't boo the snot out of him beacuse he's not "JAROMIR JAGR" anymore.
I love Jagr, but I just don't think he has it in him to play in the NHL effectively anymore. He knows this or he would already be here, money be damned, in my opinion.

04-29-2011, 11:30 AM
Kel Varnsen
Below: Nash's Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRCC View Post
have you guys even watched voracek regularly? he's so underwhelming.

he hasn't even sniffed the type of player the jackets thought they were drafting. that's why he and brassard are rumored to be available...

he's another player that can't produce in the bottom half of the line up and a guy that hasn't earned top 6 minutes yet. he also has absolutely no size. the kid gets pushed around all over the ice, especially in the corners. if you think he's a top 6 winger or even a top 3 winger, as of right now, you're dead wrong. he may eventually get there but it's not going to happen anytime soon.

from someone who lives in ohio and has seen voracek play regularly over the last couple of years, i'd pass.

do. not. want.
Yeah, I feel like people are throwing Voracek's name out there only because they saw other people throw his name out there. He didn't improve his game this year at all, in fact his numbers even managed to dip slightly. He's never even sniffed 20 goals in a season, I don't know how people think he's a better first line option than what we already have.

Kel Varnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2011, 11:39 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Not crazy about the idea of trading assets just to acquire a running mate for a possible Richards-Gaborik tandem. Also think it'll be nearly impossible to sign anyone due to the cap implications.

I also think we have the perfect in-house candidate. While I hate to break up the successful Dubinsky-Anisimov-Callahan line, I think Dubinsky has enough offensive upside to keep up with those two and, more importantly, will be willing to do the dirty work/clear out space on that line.

If theres a bit of capspace remaining, and thats a big if, take a Frolov-esque flyer on another winger, or a puckmoving defenseman (Markov?).

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2011, 11:46 AM
Ail
k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Not crazy about the idea of trading assets just to acquire a running mate for a possible Richards-Gaborik tandem. Also think it'll be nearly impossible to sign anyone due to the cap implications.

I also think we have the perfect in-house candidate. While I hate to break up the successful Dubinsky-Anisimov-Callahan line, I think Dubinsky has enough offensive upside to keep up with those two and, more importantly, will be willing to do the dirty work/clear out space on that line.

If theres a bit of capspace remaining, and thats a big if, take a Frolov-esque flyer on another winger, or a puckmoving defenseman (Markov?).
Agree, assuming they "stay the course" and don't make any trades for a LW, I like Dubi on that line. His ability to protect the puck and create space by holding on to it would be beneficial to a skill line. He has decent finish of his own when he isn't left trying to create it all himself too. He's their best "non-high-skill" option, imo.

Ail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2011, 11:58 AM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:

Not to be a total ******, but it's really time to get over the whole "jagr" era. He's not coming back.

Old
04-29-2011, 11:58 AM
Richter35

dubinsky? why trade when we already have a guy who can work boards and make space for those two?

Richter35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2011, 12:01 PM
Swept In Seven
Disciple of The Zook

Quote:
Not to be a total ******, but it's really time to get over the whole "jagr" era. He's not coming back.
I love Jagr but I agree with this, Jags is gone and he will not be coming back

Swept In Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2011, 12:09 PM
NYR Viper

Clowe would be ideal. I actually feel that a player like Stafford or A. Kostitsyn would be a very good fit on that LW.

NYR Viper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2011, 12:09 PM
x BEUKEBOOM x
Buuuuuuuuuuuk !

Quote:
Beleive me, I was not one of the Jagr lovers back when. I liked him alot, and wish we got him earlier when Chris Beach was the center piece between Pitt & Wash.

But I'm looking at Jagr the role player here, not Jagr the focal point.

Maybe the ship has sailed, maybe he gets the itch to take one more shot at a Cup. Maybe he's scouting us when we come play in Prague.

Since this is a speculative thread, I didnt see the harm in thowing his name out there provided the correct cirumstances.

x BEUKEBOOM x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2011, 12:11 PM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
Beleive me, I was not one of the Jagr lovers back when. I liked him alot, and wish we got him earlier when Chris Beach was the center piece between Pitt & Wash.

But I'm looking at Jagr the role player here, not Jagr the focal point.

Maybe the ship has sailed, maybe he gets the itch to take one more shot at a Cup. Maybe he's scouting us when we come play in Prague.

Since this is a speculative thread, I didnt see the harm in thowing his name out there provided the correct cirumstances.
Jagr would be on the 3rd line if he came back. Still he won't. It's about as feasible as Nash or Parise joining this team.

Old
04-29-2011, 01:01 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Jagrs 39 years old....though to be fair he looked pretty good in the Olympics.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2011, 02:47 PM
johnnydollaz89*
7 More Wins!!

Send a message via AIM to johnnydollaz89*
maybe try and get Pominville from Buffalo to play LW on that line? Just a thought but i would also like Jussi Jokinen there

johnnydollaz89* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2011, 03:00 PM
Dredden
JT Miller

Pominville is so overrated. With his caphit, no way! Jokinen wouldnt be bad. 3 million for a year or so would be do-able.

Dredden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2011, 03:11 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

I think Jagr could still be a good NHL player. Very good? Probably not. Better than alot of other guys? I think so. But getting him isn't what we need to do IMO. I also think that's the least likely scenario.

I wouldn't dislike it if we did though.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2011, 03:48 PM
NY Lito
Blueshirt Pride

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
I think Jagr could still be a good NHL player. Very good? Probably not. Better than alot of other guys? I think so. But getting him isn't what we need to do IMO. I also think that's the least likely scenario.

I wouldn't dislike it if we did though.
If for anything else I want him back so we can send him off properly. What he did for us as a team and a franchise cannot be understated. He made Ranger hockey relevant again with his play. Between him and Lundy's emergence hockey mattered again in NY.

The way Sather treated him that summer was abysmal. Jagr is a legend to me, although he only played here for a few seasons.

He'll never be playing here again, but I hope there's a Jagr appreciation night sometime in the future. The Rangers revitalized him, and he put life back into this team. Those early post-lockout years without him would've been atrocious (and the playoff-less streak even longer).

NY Lito is offline   Reply With Quote