HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Zach Parise To The Rangers?

Old
04-28-2011, 08:57 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxZENxxx View Post
Great to daydream about, but no chance of this happening. The only chance the Rangers ever have of getting him is if Parise doesn't sign long term and becomes an UFA in 2 season. I highly doubt that will happen though.
I actually do believe this is probable. He goes to arbitration, Lou is forced to tear him down and they can't offer him Kovalchuk money..... He takes the one year deal. Devils can't trade him out of arbitration so hes a Devils until he's UFA. His agent pushes him to at least see what the market offers.

04-28-2011, 11:50 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

$994,433 or below

None

Over $994,433 to $1,506,716

3rd round pick

Over $1,506,716 to $3,013,434

2nd round pick

Over $3,013,434 to $4,520,150

1st and 3rd round pick

Over $4,520,150 to $6,026,867

1st, 2nd, and 3rd round pick

Over $6,026,867 to $7,533,584

Two 1st's, one 2nd, one 3rd round pick

Over $7,533,584

Four 1st round picks

I'd offer Parise 10 years 70 mil in a heartbeat. Guy is Ryan Callahan X 10

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2011, 11:53 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

I can't decide which is more improbable, the Parise suggestion, or the Patrick Sharp one.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2011, 12:21 AM
McNashty
HATERS GON' HATE!

vCash: 827
Send a message via AIM to McNashty Send a message via MSN to McNashty
Crazy, crazy, crazy.

McNashty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2011, 03:27 AM
eco's bones

Very little chance of Parise coming here. The Devils aren't quite as up aganst the ceiling as they were last year. They have over $7 mil in cap space to work with + however much it goes up. They can't really do a lot of shopping but they can take care of their own.

More interesting though the Flyers are up against the ceiling already with Leino and Boucher going UFA. Pittsburgh is close with a bunch of 3rd liners going UFA--Dupuis, Talbot, Rupp, Asham, Adams, Conner---and Kennedy RFA. There's a chance for us to pluck somebody (Rupp, Leino) from one of those teams.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2011, 03:46 AM
Zil

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
Very little chance of Parise coming here. The Devils aren't quite as up aganst the ceiling as they were last year. They have over $7 mil in cap space to work with + however much it goes up. They can't really do a lot of shopping but they can take care of their own.

More interesting though the Flyers are up against the ceiling already with Leino and Boucher going UFA. Pittsburgh is close with a bunch of 3rd liners going UFA--Dupuis, Talbot, Rupp, Asham, Adams, Conner---and Kennedy RFA. There's a chance for us to pluck somebody (Rupp, Leino) from one of those teams.
I have no interest in Rupp. I'd take Leino only if we didn't have to overpay him. Even then, he comes after Richards and our RFAs.

Zil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2011, 06:38 AM
GarretJoseph*

I don't want no more Devils on this team.

GarretJoseph* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2011, 09:09 AM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil View Post
I have no interest in Rupp. I'd take Leino only if we didn't have to overpay him. Even then, he comes after Richards and our RFAs.
I think everyone already expects the Rangers to go hard after Richards as soon as free agency opens. Depending on what the Rangers do--buy out Drury (or better yet he retires), Wolski--maybe even more, maybe even Redden is off the books--they might have a lot of cap space.

If Boogaard is done and the Rangers can get him off the books as well--Rupp would be a pretty decent replacement. Not a great heavyweight but a respectable one and one that can play and score occasionally. I know lots of Rangers fan think Prust is enough but Prust is sooner or later going to get his ass handed to him by someone like an Orr or a Carkner--and either of those guys (and a few others) could put a guy like Prust on the shelf for a while. It's a matter of time unless there's someone who can stand in for him. Rupp can do that and Rupp can play and he shouldn't cost us a lot as far as cap space.

I like Leino--he's a good contributor and he seems to play better in the playoffs. We could put someone like Laich in the same category though I think Laich is more versatile. It all depends on cost--what doesn't? Even so I see us in a position to upgrade more than just a #1 center spot.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2011, 09:27 AM
bubba5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chariot View Post
I actually do believe this is probable. He goes to arbitration, Lou is forced to tear him down and they can't offer him Kovalchuk money..... He takes the one year deal. Devils can't trade him out of arbitration so hes a Devils until he's UFA. His agent pushes him to at least see what the market offers.
Yes, i hope this happens, if he goes to arbtration, gets 1 year deal, we can get him the following year, if we dont waste our cap space on Richards. Let Drury play next season, don't buy him out so we dont lose cap space the following year.

bubba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2011, 10:13 AM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Will never happen. I think it's pretty much guaranteed he'll be back with the Devils, but I would love if they somehow lost him, or had a huge argument in arbitration.

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2011, 10:50 AM
howztheglass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil View Post
While we're at it, I propose this team going forward:

Ovechkin-Crosby-St. Louis
Sedin-Sedin-Perry
Zetterberg-Malkin-Iginla
Parise-Getzlaf-Giroux

Weber-Suter
Keith-Seabrook
Staal-Burns

Lundqvist
Rinne

I'm sure this roster is both cap compliant and well within the realm of possibility.
What no B.Richards--what a boring July 1st this year will be!!!

howztheglass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2011, 10:53 AM
howztheglass

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingWantsCup View Post
I'd rather try to sign him as a UFA if he isn't locked up by the Devils for forever. This isn't a knock on Parise, but I would only give up four 1sts for Crosby, Ovie, or Stamkos.
Ovie and Stamkos yes but cry baby concussed Crosby no way.

Old
04-29-2011, 11:04 AM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by howztheglass View Post
Ovie and Stamkos yes but cry baby concussed Crosby no way.
I hate Crosby as much as the next Rangers fan, but come on man.

Old
04-29-2011, 11:11 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
Crosby in 41 games (half a season) this year outscored anyone on our club by a dozen points.

By the way, we're not getting Parise. Likely ever. And certainly not this offseason.

04-29-2011, 11:27 AM
howztheglass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckface NYR View Post
I hate Crosby as much as the next Rangers fan, but come on man.
Maybe it's my dis-like for Crosby but I just don't see him taking over a game like Ovie and Stamkos do.Not that Crosby isn't a great player but it must be nice to put Malkin on the wing next to you.In my opinion Malkin is a more dangerous player then Crosby.

Let's face it both player's kill the Ranger's but if you gave me a choice I would rather have Malkin then Crosby.

Imagine,

Malkin-Richards-Gabby

Wow

Old
04-29-2011, 12:00 PM
bubba5

Quote:
Maybe it's my dis-like for Crosby but I just don't see him taking over a game like Ovie and Stamkos do.Not that Crosby isn't a great player but it must be nice to put Malkin on the wing next to you.In my opinion Malkin is a more dangerous player then Crosby.

Let's face it both player's kill the Ranger's but if you gave me a choice I would rather have Malkin then Crosby.

Imagine,

Malkin-Richards-Gabby

Wow
He does when the ref gives him just about every call you can get. Touch him penalty, he hooks or trips you, play on!

bubba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2011, 12:09 PM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:

Imagine,

Malkin-Richards-Gabby

Wow
You clearly haven't watched enough Crosby. If he has a healthy enough career, he will go down as one of the best players to ever have laced them up. I really despise him with a passion but the guy is a generational talent. We are lucky to watch him play.

I believe, when healthy, Crosby is the best player in the world. But i like Ovechkin more.

And your theory is moot. Gretzky had Messier, Robataille, Kurri. Ovie has backstrom, semin. Stamkos has St. Louis.

You can't knock someone because they play with other great players. Crosby would score 100 points on this rangers team, without Gaborik, IMO.

Old
04-29-2011, 12:19 PM
Ail
k.

Quote:

Imagine,

Malkin-Richards-Gabby

Wow
Malkin over Crosby?

That's insane, and I hate Cindy.

04-29-2011, 03:37 PM
GeorgeHamiltonsTan

Quote:

Imagine,

Malkin-Richards-Gabby

Wow

uhm what?
cmon im by no means a crosy fan but looking at the guy with any sense of objectivity you have realize this is a lil bit of a nutty statement. dont see him taking over a game? 82 points in 62 playoff games and a +36, youngest captain to win a cup yada yada. If you want to keep it local look at crosbys stats against us lol that should be enough to make you sick. forgetting about the dagger he drove into the heart of every american hockey fan last year?

Stamkos is nowhere near the level of crosby in terms of dominating a game, he had a brilliant first half of the season but the league eventually figured out how to play him and the TB power play and he's been average at best since and carrying over into the playoffs. If you want to try and say crosby wouldnt be as great without malkin imagine what stamkos would be without st louis...

Crosby as of right this second is hands down the best player in the game. unfortunately we may have already seen his best hockey considering the concussion issues which is a shame.

GeorgeHamiltonsTan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2011, 03:43 PM
Panfork
Pacioretty Hater

Crosby is the smartest hockey player since Wayne Gretzky. He's the most talented player in the game right now, leagues above Ovechkin. If Crosby had the physical dominance and drive that Ovechkin has, combined with his superb skill, he'd be putting up record numbers.

Panfork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2011, 03:44 PM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
Malkin over Crosby?

That's insane, and I hate Cindy.
Yeah, that's ridiculus. I dislike Crosby to some extent too, but he is the best player in this league (IMO). He's certainly better than Malkin...

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2011, 03:50 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panfork View Post
Crosby is the smartest hockey player since Wayne Gretzky. He's the most talented player in the game right now, leagues above Ovechkin. If Crosby had the physical dominance and drive that Ovechkin has, combined with his superb skill, he'd be putting up record numbers.
Physical Dominance and Drive? The guy has a stanley cup under his belt captaining a team at the tender age of what...21? he won the olympics for Canada at the age of...22...and takes more physical abuse than any player in the NHL and keeps taking it. Just because he's not going out of his way to throw out leveling hits doesnt mean he isnt a physica presence....he can play the board game and he can play the speed game. Sidney Crosby is, imho, by far and away the best player in the game today. Better than Ovechkin, Beter than Stamkos, Better than Toews...he's an absolute monster...and id give up everyone on our team to get him, even with his concussion.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2011, 03:52 PM
JeffMangum
not sure if HF or FB

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
Physical Dominance and Drive? The guy has a stanley cup under his belt captaining a team at the tender age of what...21? he won the olympics for Canada at the age of...22...and takes more physical abuse than any player in the NHL and keeps taking it. Just because he's not going out of his way to throw out leveling hits doesnt mean he isnt a physica presence....he can play the board game and he can play the speed game. Sidney Crosby is, imho, by far and away the best player in the game today. Better than Ovechkin, Beter than Stamkos, Better than Toews...he's an absolute monster...and id give up everyone on our team to get him, even with his concussion.
Bro, seriously? Crosby's intangibles aren't even in the REALM of Toews His Holiness.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2011, 03:55 PM
NYRKindms

Doesn't Zach HATE the rangers ?

I could have sworn i read that not only does he hate them because he is on the Devils but his dad raised him to hate the rangers.

NYRKindms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2011, 04:00 PM
Panfork
Pacioretty Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post

I'm not disagreeing with you. Crosby has superb conditioning and is great at taking pain. And by drive, I didn't mean his ambition or anything, I meant more along the lines of his physical force going into the offensive zone. I'm just saying, Ovechkin is a step above him as far as using his strength to get open. I still think Crosby is a level above Ovechkin in virtually every other facet of the game.

People who think Ovechkin is better than Crosby obviously only look at the stat sheet.

Panfork is offline   Reply With Quote