HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Notices

Visentin named OHL Goaltender Of The Year.

Old
04-29-2011, 12:45 AM
TheLegend
Megathread Refugee

vCash: 500
Visentin named OHL Goaltender Of The Year.

Link courtesy of the Coyotes' website.

http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/a...the-year/97852

TheLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2011, 03:10 AM
untouchable21
You've been TROUBA'D

Would be sweet if he ended up being the BEST goalie from his draft class and the much hyped Jack Campbell becomes the next Montoya. It's high time the Coyotes Organization catches a break like that.

Would love to see the Coyotes scouting staff given the credit for seeing Visentin as the best Goalie in the draft when the experts claimed it was Campbell. I believe DM said something like his staff had Visentin rated # 1 amongst goalies.

That Campbell was selected by divisional foes the Dallas Stars would make it even better.

untouchable21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2011, 06:04 AM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by untouchable21 View Post
Would be sweet if he ended up being the BEST goalie from his draft class and the much hyped Jack Campbell becomes the next Montoya. It's high time the Coyotes Organization catches a break like that.

Would love to see the Coyotes scouting staff given the credit for seeing Visentin as the best Goalie in the draft when the experts claimed it was Campbell. I believe DM said something like his staff had Visentin rated # 1 amongst goalies.

That Campbell was selected by divisional foes the Dallas Stars would make it even better.
It's definitely too early to tell but you might want to be mindful of comments about Montoya. He played very well down the stretch for the Islanders!!!

Sinurgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2011, 09:54 AM
untouchable21
You've been TROUBA'D

Still not sold on Montoya. He has a real long ways to go to warrant that #6 overall selection.

untouchable21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2011, 11:27 AM
Gwyddbwyll

Who were the WHL and Q goalies of the year? Just wondering if Visentin has a shot at the CHL title.

Gwyddbwyll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2011, 01:46 PM
Naych_PHX
Are you, kidding me?

I can''t believe I actually wanted Campbell. I knew we had to get a goalie at last draft. Id much rather have the two, Vizentin and Domingue, over one Cambell.

Naych_PHX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2011, 03:04 PM
PhoPhan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naych_PHX View Post
I can''t believe I actually wanted Campbell. I knew we had to get a goalie at last draft. Id much rather have the two, Vizentin and Domingue, over one Cambell.
Plus Gormley.

I've gone on record many times as saying I hate using a first rounder on a goalie, and there's a decent chance they could have gotten Visentin a little later, but if he turns into a legit starter someday, it was the right move.

Not to go out on a limb or anything.

PhoPhan is offline   Reply With Quote