HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

NSH@VAN 4-28-2011 The "Don't Stop, Keep It Moving, Put Your Drinks Up" Edition

Old
04-29-2011, 01:17 PM
Taco Fingerhat

vCash: 3754
Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
my favorite was the vancouver player who got tipped with a highstick (and it was a penalty). dude looked like jfk after getting shot.

that and the announcers. when weber missed the goal he goes AND WHAT A SAVVVVV (then quiet because he realizs he douches the call) shot by weber. I'd rather listen to weber and crisp
Yeah, I totally hear what you're saying. I think the high stick happened to Lapierre who was wearing a visor. The stick hit his visor and he sold it pretty well. No chance that he should've felt any pain. The issue is that it should in fact be a penalty. The question is... If Lapierre doesn't react to the high stick, do they call a penalty? Same issue with Kesler. When I watched the replay, I definitely saw the hooking penalty, but I also saw the extent to which Kesler sold it.

The question you have to ask is... If Kesler and Lapierre don't embellish at all, do the ref's call a penalty? The answer is 'I don't know' .Both teams will do anything to win, and I wouldn't blame Nashville players at all for doing the same.

I take more issue when a player does NOT receive a high stick to the head or a hook to the ribs and pretends as if they did.

Taco Fingerhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2011, 01:53 PM
PhoneGuy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1998 View Post
Yeah, I totally hear what you're saying. I think the high stick happened to Lapierre who was wearing a visor. The stick hit his visor and he sold it pretty well. No chance that he should've felt any pain. The issue is that it should in fact be a penalty. The question is... If Lapierre doesn't react to the high stick, do they call a penalty? Same issue with Kesler. When I watched the replay, I definitely saw the hooking penalty, but I also saw the extent to which Kesler sold it.

The question you have to ask is... If Kesler and Lapierre don't embellish at all, do the ref's call a penalty? The answer is 'I don't know' .Both teams will do anything to win, and I wouldn't blame Nashville players at all for doing the same.

I take more issue when a player does NOT receive a high stick to the head or a hook to the ribs and pretends as if they did.
The ones that get me are the players who flop to the ice and lay there like death just touched them on the shoulder, all the while watching the ref out of the corner of their eye, and then miraculously recovering in time to take the first shift on the ensuing power play... . Especially the ones that result in game misconduct calls.

PhoneGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2011, 04:09 PM
Tennman

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoneGuy View Post
The ones that get me are the players who flop to the ice and lay there like death just touched them on the shoulder, all the while watching the ref out of the corner of their eye, and then miraculously recovering in time to take the first shift on the ensuing power play... . Especially the ones that result in game misconduct calls.
Steve Bernier

Tennman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2011, 05:03 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Burrows

ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2011, 11:00 PM
PhoneGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Burrows
Ding ding ding ding!! We have a winner!!

PhoneGuy is offline   Reply With Quote