HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Zach Parise To The Rangers?

Old
04-29-2011, 04:20 PM
GeorgeHamiltonsTan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panfork View Post
I'm not disagreeing with you. Crosby has superb conditioning and is great at taking pain. And by drive, I didn't mean his ambition or anything, I meant more along the lines of his physical force going into the offensive zone. I'm just saying, Ovechkin is a step above him as far as using his strength to get open. I still think Crosby is a level above Ovechkin in virtually every other facet of the game.

People who think Ovechkin is better than Crosby obviously only look at the stat sheet.
im not sure im following here...ask any defenseman who is harder to knock off of the puck and im almost certain most would say crosby. We've all seen him just control the puck at will regardless who is whacking and hanging all over him. As much diving controversy as he draws they just is damn near impossible to knock off of his skates (unless he diving lol) Crosby and ovechkin play entirely different games im just not getting what you mean by more along the lines of a physical force going into the offensive zone. Id be alot more concerned with crosby tearing down the wing than i would ovy only because crosby can hang on to the puck for however long he wants to and has retarded vision, ovy you pretty much just have to keep out of the slot. regardless of the points, i'd take crosby on my team over ovy any day of the week. leadrship skills, not even close...2 way player, not even close...point production, crosby. Ovy might be more entertaining to watch but i'd be more entertained watching my team win.

GeorgeHamiltonsTan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2011, 06:26 PM
howztheglass

Wow lot of love for Crosby--I never said he wasn't a great player just said that I would rather have Ovie or Stamkos over him.

Ovie vs Crosby the only reason I would pick Ovie is his physical play.

Stamkos vs Crosby the only reason I would pick Stamkos is he's younger.

Look all 3 are great players but in my opinion Ovie and Stamkos could handle the New York spot light better then Crosby.

If Crosby(who had a set back today)doesn't have long term effects from his concussion(meaning into next year),he might end up the second highest scoring player in the NHL===NOT TO BAD.

howztheglass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2011, 07:12 PM
GregNYR19
agitator

Send a message via AIM to GregNYR19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil View Post
While we're at it, I propose this team going forward:

Ovechkin-Crosby-St. Louis
Sedin-Sedin-Perry
Zetterberg-Malkin-Iginla
Parise-Getzlaf-Giroux

Weber-Suter
Keith-Seabrook
Staal-Burns

Lundqvist
Rinne

I'm sure this roster is both cap compliant and well within the realm of possibility.
parise is the 4th line duster hahaha

GregNYR19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2011, 08:55 PM
Darrelle Lundqvist
Swagelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipernsx View Post
The Debbies would match and deal with the fallout rather than see their star to their closest rival. No way they let that happen.
I agree.

Darrelle Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2011, 09:11 PM
JeffMangum
#meatisbeat

Quote:
Originally Posted by howztheglass View Post
Wow lot of love for Crosby--I never said he wasn't a great player just said that I would rather have Ovie or Stamkos over him.

Look all 3 are great players but in my opinion Ovie and Stamkos could handle the New York spot light better then Crosby.

If Crosby(who had a set back today)doesn't have long term effects from his concussion(meaning into next year),he might end up the second highest scoring player in the NHL===NOT TO BAD.
Stamkos because he's younger? Stamkos is ~3 years younger than Crosby. That doesn't change the fact that Crosby does EVERYTHING Stamkos does better. EVERYTHING.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2011, 02:44 AM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by howztheglass View Post

Wait, you don't think Crosby could handle the spotlight in New York. Are you talking about the same guy who led Pittsburgh to a cup and the finals two years in a row. Then, with his entire home country watching, scored the gwg in the olympics, IN HIS HOME COUNTRY. Yea, he can't handle pressure at all.

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote