HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Preds @ Canucks 4-30-11 - Roland The Headless Thompson Gunner

Old
05-01-2011, 12:07 AM
Fel 96
JFC

vCash: 2037
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
CBC feed:

Huge win.

Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 12:07 AM
CloakroomCrusader

vCash: 500
I cannot express in words the amount of love I have for this team. Damn. What an awesome game.

It's a good thing I don't have a significant other or she'd be pissed that I love the Preds more than I love her.

Pekka -- WE ARE NOT WORTHY

CloakroomCrusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 12:08 AM
tserberis*

Wow. Rinne. Good win. To the House.

tserberis* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 12:08 AM
CloakroomCrusader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post
CBC feed:

Huge win.
Fel I love you. You have to have the lowest Live to Youtube difference on Earth.

Old
05-01-2011, 12:10 AM
DracoFulmineus
Out in a storm

wow, just over on the 'Nucks' board, those fans are really obnoxious, I had no clue. They are giving Nashville ZERO credit for anything in this game. Now I want the Preds to win even more!

DracoFulmineus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 12:14 AM
jstreet

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DracoFulmineus View Post
wow, just over on the 'Nucks' board, those fans are really obnoxious, I had no clue. They are giving Nashville ZERO credit for anything in this game. Now I want the Preds to win even more!
we have grown accustomed to this.

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 12:17 AM
PredsChik

I want to marry Ryan Suter. And Matt Halischuk. And Pekka Rinne.

PredsChik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 12:17 AM
GCM
Stork

As a Vancouver resident, I am on the phone with the police now reporting Pekka Rinne for Grand Theft.

Man what a goalie he's easily the best goalie in the league. Especially how he plays in pressure situations.

What a shot by Halischuk too.

shame Canucks lost the game but the Preds earned it. 5 game series now.

GCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 12:19 AM
dulzhok

Just as I was pissed that Halischuk is in over Dumont....

Great effort in regulation. Rinne saved us in the OT.

Spaling cluth again as well. Put this guy on the PP-- Legwand and Fisher have ZERO creativity on on the PP. I know I will take heat, but I hate seeing Lewgand in the offensive zone. So predictable, plays in neutral, gives up the puck with ease, drives me nuts. We have to find a better answer offensively. I'm almost tempted to put Kostitsyn at center. Is O'Reilly healthy? Geofferion has been decent, but we have to create some legit offense.

We need JP. He's the most clutch playoff producer we have and goals are going to continue to be a premium. We HAVE to find a way to get him in. He's already been clutch in his limited, limited time this year.

Rant over. 1-1. Rinne willl continue to have to be Rinne, but we're going to have to create and capitalize more on offense to take the series...

Last edited by dulzhok: 05-01-2011 at 12:25 AM.
dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 12:19 AM
AdmiralsFan24

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralsFan24
Poile's reaction is awesome.

AdmiralsFan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 12:21 AM
GCM
Stork

Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok View Post
Just as I was pissed that Halischuk is in over Dumont....

Spaling cluth again as well. Put this guy on the PP-- Legwand and Fisher have ZERO creativity on on the PP. I know I will take heat, but I hate seeing Lewgand in the offensive zone. So predictable, plays in neutral, gives up the puck with ease, drives me nuts. We have to find a better answer offensively. I'm almost tempted to put Kostitsyn at center. Is O'Reilly healthy? Geofferion has been decent, but we have to create some legit offense.

We need JP. He's the most clutch playoff producer we have and goals are going to continue to be a premium. We HAVE to find a what to get him in.

Rant over. 1-1. Rinne willl continue to have to be Rinne, but we're going to have to create and capitalize more on offense to take the series...

Just a question: What happened to Colin Wilson? I liked him in the regular season the times I saw him play, how come he isn't drawing in?

GCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 12:21 AM
braindead

Quote:
Hope to see the following progression:

The other night: "We should have had 16 goals. I don't think Nashville has any hope of scoring on Lou. Sweep, baby, sweep."

Tonight: "Wow, the Preds are garbage. Oh well, we win it in 5 instead of 4 (taking both games in Nashille)".

Next up: "Wow, how lucky can you get. Those guys in Nashville play like robots. Anyway, we win out and take this thing in 6 EASILY".

Then I hope for some: "Anyone can win at home with reffing like that. I can't see Nashville scoring another goal, much less winning another game. This is clearly a Vancouver in 7 again... no doubt."

Then I'd like to see a schedule of round 3 home games for the Preds against the Sharks/Wings winner.

braindead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 12:22 AM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post
CBC feed:

Huge win.
Awesome reaction by Poile!!! Trotz and Peterson immediately turning to each other and hugging. Horachek and Trotz exchanging the double fist pump! Hell, if I was on that bench I'd go to Rinne first too...not only did he have an OUTSTANDING game, but he was a heck of a lot closer to the bench as well!!!

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 12:27 AM
Jarnberg

Preds totally deserved this one.

Preds were the better team in regulation overall. Luongo played great and the Vancouver defense also played outstanding. They kept us from getting high quality chances. Two really bad plays by Kostitsyn led to the Vancouver goal, great play by Kesler and Burrows there.

But credit to the Predators for finally getting that goal that they deserved. A goal is a goal, no matter how they come and we really deserved that one.

Now for OT, Vancouver DOMINATED play. Vancouver picked it up and the Predators made some poor decisions. Credit to Rinne for stealing us the game in OT. Luongo (well and Nucks defense) really stole one in regulation.

On the OT winner, great plays all around (face off win, Weber quick pass, Suter pass, Smithson's drive to the net).

Now for game 3, the Predators better step it up and generate higher quality scoring chances. I'd like to see Wilson in for Sullivan. I think Sullivan was okay against the slower Ducks, but poor against the fast Canucks.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 12:40 AM
CloakroomCrusader

I think Ward and Poile clearly learned their jumping celebrations from Trotz

Old
05-01-2011, 12:41 AM
Suter x 20

Quote:
Yeah, I'm trying to abstain from posting on the sc threads but it is difficult reading insults to our team every third post.

Good game. Happy we are coming home tied.

Suter x 20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 12:42 AM
gopreds19
Formerly gobears19

I thought the Preds were largerly outplayed for the better part of this game, in terms of quality chances. Yeah, we had more shots, but many of those were unscreened 35 footers, not a whole lot of creativity. We still don't seem to have figured out the Canuck attack.

But I'll take it, for sure. Especially if Pekka keeps up this play. If he does, I think we've got a great chance. Now we've got home ice, let's make the most of it!

There's a saying that a playoff series doesn't start until a team wins on the road, so I guess this series just began....

gopreds19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 12:48 AM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCM View Post
Just a question: What happened to Colin Wilson? I liked him in the regular season the times I saw him play, how come he isn't drawing in?
He scored six points after Valentine's Day and just generally played poorly to the point that Trotz had no desire to play him in the postseason.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 12:50 AM
dulzhok

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobears19 View Post
I thought the Preds were largerly outplayed for the better part of this game, in terms of quality chances.
I thought we outplayed them big time in regulation. Kept them to 15 shots, not a lot of great chances either. But we couldn't score (story of our lives). Van's 1st goal was kinda a lucky bounce, so our lucky bounce at the end was well deserved.

OT was a different story. Rinne saved us.

Again, find a way to get in JP! Maybe even O'Reilly for the PP. Hard decision on who to sit... Though I don't think Trotz will make any changes just because Rinne/Halishuk/Spaling pulled this off in OT.

Old
05-01-2011, 12:51 AM
dulzhok

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
He scored six points after Valentine's Day and just generally played poorly to the point that Trotz had no desire to play him in the postseason.
He's got some big kinks he has to work out in his game, but now is not the time work them out.

He'll be a good player for us in time, but now is not the time bring him along the learning curve.

JP over Wilson, easy.

Old
05-01-2011, 12:53 AM
BubbaOnTheBandwagon

Just awesome. So pleasant to watch the audience after that Halischuck's goal.

By the way, why wasn't he given a star? I thought it was a custom or an unwritten rule to name the OT scorer as one of the stars of the game.

On the other hand, Rinne was named the first start even after game one, though he was in the visitor team and Luongo got a shutout.

BubbaOnTheBandwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 12:56 AM
CloakroomCrusader

Preds with two of Sportscenter's Top 10. Pekka "Ryne's" save was number 1. I thank god everyday that ESPN didn't get that TV package.

Old
05-01-2011, 12:59 AM
Roger Explosion

Quote:
I often read other teams boards and Vancouvers is the worst. They are like this after every game win or lose, against any team.

Roger Explosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 01:03 AM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Rinne's save on the cross-ice pass to Bieksa is the play of the night on ESPN. Always nice to raise awareness among the average sports fan.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 01:07 AM
thrillhous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Predator View Post
I often read other teams boards and Vancouvers is the worst. They are like this after every game win or lose, against any team.
Agreed, a large majority of their fans are never willing to give any credit to the other team, even when due.

thrillhous is offline   Reply With Quote