HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NYR Players in the World Championships

Old
05-01-2011, 01:07 AM
JeffMangum
~anger~

vCash: 50
Hot damn, what a beautiful goal.

But he's such a bust, what a shame.

05-01-2011, 01:09 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

vCash: 500
That goal was so great..it blows my mind that Chris isn't ripping up the NCAA. Not even the goal itself but he just dominantly carried the puck to the net.

Glad i'm getting the USMNT in 60 over here.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 01:10 AM
NYRKING30

first clip i've ever seen on kreider. this kid looks legit going end to end. schooled the other teams captain.

NYRKING30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 01:12 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRKING30 View Post
first clip i've ever seen on kreider. this kid looks legit going end to end. schooled the other teams captain.
first clip? thats a shame, you shoulda seen him in the WJC the past 2 years...at times he looked like a man playing against Boys....but he also looks to be very smart defensively which hurt his offensive numbers. He's the kinda guy you could throw on the top line right away, and he wouldn't hurt you.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 01:16 AM
Ryan McDonut
McD for Captain

kreider and steps look good

Ryan McDonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 01:20 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubi17 View Post
kreider and steps look good
very different players though. Stepan is such a mental player. very smart, very cerebral out there. Kreider has all world tools. ELITE speed...up there with the best of the best. Size, strength, a wicked shot, and good hockey instincts. his defensive game has improved leaps and bounds. imho Stepans upside is a strong 2nd line center. I think Kreider has all-star upside. I also think Stepan is a lot more likely to hit his upside than Kreider.

Old
05-01-2011, 01:22 AM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
First time I've seen Krieder play. Some seriously awesome shifts. Especially that backhand that he lifted to the goalies face.

Bob Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 01:24 AM
NYRKING30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
first clip? thats a shame, you shoulda seen him in the WJC the past 2 years...at times he looked like a man playing against Boys....but he also looks to be very smart defensively which hurt his offensive numbers. He's the kinda guy you could throw on the top line right away, and he wouldn't hurt you.
yeah i know but better later then never. i did read up on how he performed at the WJC and what u said pretty much sums it up. hey if the kid is ready mentally then give him a shot. by the looks of it physically he looks NHL ready and that is a scary thought considering he is what 19? he is only gonna get bigger,better,faster,smarter etc. i just hope this kid signs a contract already, i am really anxious to see how well he will do in training camp. The future is just really bright right now for us

Old
05-01-2011, 01:25 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
very different players though. Stepan is such a mental player. very smart, very cerebral out there. Kreider has all world tools. ELITE speed...up there with the best of the best. Size, strength, a wicked shot, and good hockey instincts. his defensive game has improved leaps and bounds. imho Stepans upside is a strong 2nd line center. I think Kreider has all-star upside. I also think Stepan is a lot more likely to hit his upside than Kreider.
I think they can both be first liners with the right line mates. Give Stepan a sniper and give Kreider an elite playmaker.

...wait a minute....

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 01:28 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Kreider is doing himself a disservice if he stays in College...he needs to get that body ready to play 82 games. a year in Hartford on the top line, or he jums straight up to the NHL and plays on the 3rd line.

Old
05-01-2011, 01:28 AM
Muh
Beadle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post
Game is on Versus again, for anyone who missed it.
Watchin now. Someone said next game is Monday 10am versus, but its not on my guide. Wont be home then, should I dvr that time slot or do I have the time wrong?

Muh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 01:29 AM
NYRKING30

i kind of feel like derek stepan has some of the same abilities adam oates had. No i am not saying stepan is gonna be the next oates or even have half the career he had. I just think in terms of hockey iq and passing ability stepan looks like oates. although i think stepan can become a 25-30 goal guy. I would be very content with Stepan as my 2nd line center for the next decade.

Old
05-01-2011, 01:30 AM
NYRKING30

Quote:
Kreider is doing himself a disservice if he stays in College...he needs to get that body ready to play 82 games. a year in Hartford on the top line, or he jums straight up to the NHL and plays on the 3rd line.
exactly, sign the contract and play in the ahl atleast. he is just wasting his time in college imo.

Old
05-01-2011, 01:33 AM
3Four3

Is it normal for there to be a car in the arena?

3Four3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 01:35 AM
Muh
Beadle

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Four3 View Post
Is it normal for there to be a car in the arena?
Haha yeah im loving that. Why sell those primetime seats, when you can put a car there.

Old
05-01-2011, 01:36 AM
owedoyle

Watching this game, I'm once again reminded of how big the Int'l rink is. Seriously, the players look crazy small to me, especially after watching far too many hours of play-offs recently.

Maybe it's the lack of advertisments in the center ice area, but there's so much open space, that it just looks less busy.

Could this be part of the issue with Kreider? I know a lot of people around this board kinda fell off his wagon over his numbers in NCAA, where they have an NHL sized rink.
Plus, when he tore it up at juniors, I have to imagine(very well could be mistaken) that it was also on an Int'l rink.

owedoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 01:39 AM
NYRKING30

How does everyone feel about the size of the international rinks? i remember during the lockout and prior some of the talk was increasing the rink size or playing in the same size as an international rink. i was always open to it as the star players in our league would truly demonstrate their talents. so im wondering what people think about the big size?

Old
05-01-2011, 01:42 AM
Muh
Beadle

Quote:
Originally Posted by owedoyle View Post
Watching this game, I'm once again reminded of how big the Int'l rink is. Seriously, the players look crazy small to me, especially after watching far too many hours of play-offs recently.

Maybe it's the lack of advertisments in the center ice area, but there's so much open space, that it just looks less busy.

Could this be part of the issue with Kreider? I know a lot of people around this board kinda fell off his wagon over his numbers in NCAA, where they have an NHL sized rink.
Plus, when he tore it up at juniors, I have to imagine(very well could be mistaken) that it was also on an Int'l rink.
It is possible, but in earlier pages I read a lot of people were saying it was who he was playing with, and his role at BC that doesnt bring this out in him.

And I know wjc last year was not played on Int'l ice cause it was in Buffalo. I cant speak for the year before that, but I believe it was somewhere in Canada. So will assume it was an NHL arena and not Int'l ice size.

Waiting for this Kreider hit I read about also. And anything on why Stepan wearing 9?

Old
05-01-2011, 01:44 AM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Replay of the USA vs Austria game right now on Versus. I turned it on by accident and I saw someone skating really fast, so I thought, "I hope it's Kreider" and guess who that was.

Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 01:45 AM
Muh
Beadle

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerEsq View Post
Replay of the USA vs Austria game right now on Versus. I turned it on by accident and I saw someone skating really fast, so I thought, "I hope it's Kreider" and guess who that was.
Was it Jack Skille?

Old
05-01-2011, 01:50 AM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muh View Post
Was it Jack Skille?
No, it was Kreider. Otherwise I would not have written about it here.

Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 01:52 AM
Swept In Seven
Disciple of The Zook

McD is looking really good out there

Swept In Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 01:52 AM
Muh
Beadle

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerEsq View Post
No, it was Kreider. Otherwise I would not have written about it here.
I was kidding brother. Kreider had our first goal, played a very good game. Stepan had assist on 2nd goal.

Old
05-01-2011, 01:53 AM
owedoyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRKING30 View Post
How does everyone feel about the size of the international rinks? i remember during the lockout and prior some of the talk was increasing the rink size or playing in the same size as an international rink. i was always open to it as the star players in our league would truly demonstrate their talents. so im wondering what people think about the big size?
It's too much in my opinion.

Every battle, be it open ice, along the boards, neutral zone...they all seem to be 1-1. Defense seems more of a man to man approach instead of zones(on even strength anyway).

When that happens, way too much of the excitement of the North American game is lost. What's lost in speed, is more than made up for by closer quarters and added pressure.

owedoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 01:55 AM
Swept In Seven
Disciple of The Zook

Kreider killed that guy

Swept In Seven is offline   Reply With Quote