HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Preds @ Canucks 4-30-11 - Roland The Headless Thompson Gunner

Old
05-01-2011, 02:07 AM
I Will Son
An Army of One

vCash: 500
Wow what a game, Rinne is amazing. Halischuk!!!

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 02:19 AM
Broom of the System

Barry Melrose is a huge tool. We could be in the Stanley Cup Finals with a 3-0 series lead, winning 4-0 in game 4 with two minutes left and the guy would guarantee that we'd lose the series. Never heard him say a nice thing about the Preds as a whole.

Broom of the System is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 02:21 AM
predfan24

WHOOOOOOOOOOO! Nothing more really to add. Just a few notes from the other side of the equation:

The 4th line scares the beejesus out of me everytime their on the ice. This series is so physical Sully is useless. Bring back Dumont

Somebody tell SK74 it's the second round of the playoffs and he needs to pick his game up 10 fold.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 02:22 AM
Vancouver_2010
Go Canucks & Oilers

Canucks fans coming in peace, just want to say that I loved your team, its very disappointing that we lost today but your team plays very well even though it did not have a lot of offensive star players, in contrast that the Sedins had been playing very badly so far and deserved a lot of heat for not putting the game away when we have the chance. Rinne is just being unreal, he personally save you guys from being down 0-2 in the series and he should be where Luongo should be right now.

Anyways, good luck in the rest of the series. The series might be lacking the intensity and scoriung from the Chicago series, but it sure is very entertaining so far!

Vancouver_2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 02:35 AM
SK74 Snipes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancouver_2010 View Post
Canucks fans coming in peace, just want to say that I loved your team, its very disappointing that we lost today but your team plays very well even though it did not have a lot of offensive star players, in contrast that the Sedins had been playing very badly so far and deserved a lot of heat for not putting the game away when we have the chance. Rinne is just being unreal, he personally save you guys from being down 0-2 in the series and he should be where Luongo should be right now.

Anyways, good luck in the rest of the series. The series might be lacking the intensity and scoriung from the Chicago series, but it sure is very entertaining so far!
Thanks! The sedins really need to step it up for you to win the series, it hinges on them and they haven't been proven closers yet.

SK74 Snipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 03:14 AM
AEM6729

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan24 View Post
WHOOOOOOOOOOO! Nothing more really to add. Just a few notes from the other side of the equation:

The 4th line scares the beejesus out of me everytime their on the ice. This series is so physical Sully is useless. Bring back Dumont

Somebody tell SK74 it's the second round of the playoffs and he needs to pick his game up 10 fold.
+1. Totally agree about Sully, and SK had an awful game and was a nonfactor in Game 1 as well (but who wasn't really? haha). I wouldn't mind getting rid of Sully and Ward and putting in Dumont and Wilson instead.

But seriously, I still can't believe we won. After an entire game of out-shooting and out-playing them with nothing going in, it felt like it was gonna be impossible to score. Then for the tying goal to come on that weird shot/centering pass/whatever it was by Suter...amazing! I'm actually glad it was so weaksauce...maybe Luongo will start freaking out, haha!

Game 3 is gonna be EPIC. Bridgestone is gonna be SO LOUD. Can't wait!!!

AEM6729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 03:59 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Wasn't able to post here during the game as I had a friend over to watch the game.

Wore my Vokoun jersey for the first time this year and it was quite hot but who cares.

Huge win. Rinne was a beast yet again, Suter ties the game and Halischuk the game winner.

We're tied ladies and gentlemen, hope everyone is loud for game three and four.

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 05:06 AM
Basher
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Basher Send a message via MSN to Basher Send a message via Skype™ to Basher
sk74 HAS to do better...

Basher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 05:58 AM
GCM
Stork

Hey I'm a Van fan and I've given plenty of credit to the Preds.

I dunno about majorities or anything but speaking negatively about an entire fanbase in general isn't much better than what you claim us Van fans are doing.

Just saying, don't mean anything by it.

Also damn I liked Colin Wilson's play the times I watched, he must've struggled for other reasons later on. He will probably be a pretty good player, he's got a big frame as well so growing into that more (maybe) should make him a force.

Why was Dumont scratched after all? Kind of a cool story that Halischuk didn't get scratched and ends up scoring the OT winner.

GCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 06:28 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Two images of a big hit/collision with Rome and Smithson. Love the reaction of the woman in the green hat.

Guess who!

Everyone looking one way, Trotz the other.

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 08:35 AM
MrMariusz

Erat & Rinne were incredibly clutch. Erat taking another big hit but continuing play, great character. Rinne kept the Predators alive pretty much, with a couple of the best saves of the season.

Special credit to Spaling, who kept offense going in OT, and Suter & Weber who were defensive machines throughout OT, even though they played over 42 minutes (!) each.

Last edited by MrMariusz: 05-01-2011 at 08:50 AM.
MrMariusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 08:56 AM
DracoFulmineus
Out in a storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broom of the System View Post
Barry Melrose is a huge tool.
Psh! Tell me about it!! Us Bolts fans had to suffer through 16 whole games with him as our COACH. Ugh... Worthless.

DracoFulmineus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 08:56 AM
GT500x
Im OK where we're at

Wings fan here, I'm rooting for the Preds. It won't be easy, but I know they can suffocate the Canucks in 6 or 7 games.

GT500x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 11:05 AM
WartracePred

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobears19 View Post
I thought the Preds were largerly outplayed for the better part of this game, in terms of quality chances. Yeah, we had more shots, but many of those were unscreened 35 footers, not a whole lot of creativity. ....
Tootoo had a breakaway. Leggy (and I think Fisher) had point blank shot(s) as well. But you're right... creative we are not.

WartracePred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 11:09 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Great game!

Preds looked fabulous in regulation. Outshooting the Canucks by 21 shots, winning in the faceoff dot convincingly, their board work was strong, they were out-hitting the Canucks, and scoring chances were 3-1 Preds (18-7 I believe). Suter caught a lucky break, but our team earned that break.

Strong effort in regulation.

Overtime 1 was trading chances. Both teams ended up with 7-8 chances, but it was clear the Canucks had the better attempts. The Bieksa save was unbelievable. The save on Lapierre may have been even better through traffic. Regardless, Peks stood tall, and the Predators offense continued to put pressure on Luongo. The hitting continued.

Overtime 2. At this point, you could tell fatigue had set in. I think our defensemen played out of their minds at this point, but many of our forwards just looked jelly-legged. Que another period of spectacular Rinne saves, Luongo did his best to follow suit, and then Halischuk comes in and puts in a laser top shelf.

Wow.

What a fantastic way to exit Vancouver. Rinne looks unbeatable. Suter and Weber have taken their game to an even higher level. The forwards skated and played well.

We need to get pucks elevated a bit against Luongo. I loved Erat/Legwand crashing the net, and we need to continue to do so. Luongo appears to be going down early this year, so the Predators need to try and exploit that. He also hates screens (which goalie doesn't). I suspect that a series victory will require some Ward/Hornqvist goals in front of the net...

05-01-2011, 11:19 AM
WartracePred

Anyone watch the little kid with the earphones behind our bench (& Trotz) throughout the game? He was all over his parents through regulation. Sometime during OT he crashed out hard. I thought I saw a little drool and spittle toward the end of the game.

A Predator kid wouldn't have fallen asleep. Even with the earphones, the Bridge would've been too loud!!

WartracePred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 11:20 AM
bipolarhabfan

I think your team can easily take it in 6. Rinne is a force and the Canucks cannot score. Their problems and lack of depth has shown in the playoffs, where a majority of the players have disappeared.

BTW, despite being from Vancouver, I would not mind seeing Nashville win .

bipolarhabfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 12:48 PM
tserberis*

They have players...
We have TEAM!!!

All said.

tserberis* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 12:50 PM
Volcanologist
Used Register

Beautiful, Nashville. 3 more to go.

Volcanologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 01:21 PM
roseyc

Fantastic game! Great bounce back game from the Preds. This team has found a way to win. Rinne is unbelievable! He stole this game. Suter with the extra effort and what a game. Weber playing like a beast. Young Halischuk with the great shot!!!!. What a defensive effort tonight you can't play better than that. Fisher continues to impress and Erat what a courageous effort. That one goal gave us confidence and with a great Rinne we can win this series. The longer the series goes onward the toll of the previous series will take it's effect on the Nucks. They looked tired tonight and it eventually cost them. SK with the horrible turnover that led to the Nucks only goal. Legwand and SK better get with the program and join the party. We need to leave Smashville with a 3-1 series lead. Awesome game!!!!

roseyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 01:38 PM
Legionnaire11

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Awesome reaction by Poile!!! Trotz and Peterson immediately turning to each other and hugging. Horachek and Trotz exchanging the double fist pump!
Although i've been a huge anti-Trotz guy over the last 5 years, that was definitely the best part of the video for me. All of this has to be a HUGE relief to the guys behind the bench.

With the leak of Peterson being done after this season, even though there hasn't been anything said publicly by the org., I wonder if the team has used that as motivation in the dressing room?

Legionnaire11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 01:46 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Rinne vs. Luongo has been as great as advertised. And the defenseman for both teams have been incredible too. This is gonna be a fun series, even if there isn't a lot of scoring.

Also, Poile got Halischuk and an early 2nd for Arnott

Top 6 Spaling is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 04:00 PM
AEM6729

Quote:
Originally Posted by WartracePred View Post
Anyone watch the little kid with the earphones behind our bench (& Trotz) throughout the game? He was all over his parents through regulation. Sometime during OT he crashed out hard. I thought I saw a little drool and spittle toward the end of the game.

A Predator kid wouldn't have fallen asleep. Even with the earphones, the Bridge would've been too loud!!
HA I saw that kid too. He was def awake once they got scored on...sucka!

AEM6729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 04:37 PM
Drake744
Keep Seth Jones

vCash: 325
Dudes (and gals), we were very lucky to not be going back home down 2-0. 99 percent of the time, the Canucks are going to score on at least one of those chances they had in OT. We played a very good, solid, fluid game. But the Canucks are still a force to be reckoned with. If you ask me, we are not the better team in this series so we have to keep our foot on the gas, exploit home ice advantage, and do NOT come out flat Tuesday.

We control the series now. Best of 5 with home ice advantage. We did it against Anaheim but this is a better team. Gotta stay focused and execute.

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 05:11 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire11 View Post
Although i've been a huge anti-Trotz guy over the last 5 years, that was definitely the best part of the video for me. All of this has to be a HUGE relief to the guys behind the bench.

With the leak of Peterson being done after this season, even though there hasn't been anything said publicly by the org., I wonder if the team has used that as motivation in the dressing room?
from what I have heard from people close to the org the players would storm the gates of hades in gasoline suits for him but at the same time peterson is modest enough to try not to let them do anything special on his behalf.

PredsV82 is online now   Reply With Quote