HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011 WCSF -Round 2- (5) Nashville Predators 2 vs. (1) Vancouver Canucks 4

Closed Thread

Old
04-30-2011, 09:49 AM
Jarnberg

vCash: 500
What we saw Thursday were a few things:

1 - The Canucks were firing at a much better pace due to their series just ending. The Preds were flat due to having much more time off.
2 - The Preds developed a few bad habits after playing the Ducks (see getting the puck stolen from behind in the neutral zone/blue line, not getting the puck in deep).
3 - The Canucks are really good

It took the team a bit to get going (hence the third they started to play their hockey). Look for the team to play much better tonight.

Old
04-30-2011, 10:51 AM
nine_inch_fang

Send a message via Yahoo to nine_inch_fang
I don't think they were nervous. I think they played way too excited. Try too hard especially in the d zone. Kinda like we used to see out of radulov. After the goal they started to calm down and got their heads on straight in the intermission. The third period was completely different than the rest of the game and at times the Preds were dominant. I would expect an extention of the third period this game and a line up change.

Old
04-30-2011, 07:18 PM
adsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
What we saw Thursday were a few things:

1 - The Canucks were firing at a much better pace due to their series just ending. The Preds were flat due to having much more time off.
2 - The Preds developed a few bad habits after playing the Ducks (see getting the puck stolen from behind in the neutral zone/blue line, not getting the puck in deep).
3 - The Canucks are really good

It took the team a bit to get going (hence the third they started to play their hockey). Look for the team to play much better tonight.
I hope so!

Old
04-30-2011, 10:30 PM
Quasimoto

Send a message via AIM to Quasimoto
Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooal

Old
05-01-2011, 08:06 AM
Danrozen

Insane saves by the one and only Pekka Rinne! Incredible!

Old
05-01-2011, 01:49 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/con...1083&id=112445

Old
05-01-2011, 03:35 PM
darth5
Rowsdower!

couple of notes on the Versus announcers.
A) I wish they could learn to distinguish #7 from #8. I don't know how many times they have called Blum "Klein". Blum has way more potential than Klein.

B) Even my wife noticed how in overtime the announcers seemed to be pro Canuck. I guess they were swinging with the game momentum, but seriously, try to call it down the middle. I like the network announcers to just appreciate the quality of play going on and not be pimping one side or the other. Just sayin'.

Old
05-01-2011, 04:26 PM
glenngineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by darth5 View Post
couple of notes on the Versus announcers.
A) I wish they could learn to distinguish #7 from #8. I don't know how many times they have called Blum "Klein". Blum has way more potential than Klein.

B) Even my wife noticed how in overtime the announcers seemed to be pro Canuck. I guess they were swinging with the game momentum, but seriously, try to call it down the middle. I like the network announcers to just appreciate the quality of play going on and not be pimping one side or the other. Just sayin'.
On your point B, I have to say, they were pretty complimentary of Nashville and the way we came out and played throughout. I was surprised to hear how much they said Nashville this and Nashville that.

The great thing was I didn't hear them saying Daniel or Henrik a whole bunch which means we were keeping them in check. I hope that continues.

Old
05-01-2011, 05:57 PM
darth5
Rowsdower!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
On your point B, I have to say, they were pretty complimentary of Nashville and the way we came out and played throughout. I was surprised to hear how much they said Nashville this and Nashville that.

The great thing was I didn't hear them saying Daniel or Henrik a whole bunch which means we were keeping them in check. I hope that continues.
Criticism after game 1 was well justified. And, yes, especially in the intermission segments the commentators were forceful in praise of how Nashville came out in game 2. The effusions post game were well deserved and I appreciated that.

What I am referring to is the commentary while play was going on-- it is not limited to the Nashville series, either-- IMHO commentators swing pretty consistently with whichever team is in control of the game. Maybe I expect too much, IDK...

Old
05-01-2011, 06:26 PM
glenngineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by darth5 View Post
Criticism after game 1 was well justified. And, yes, especially in the intermission segments the commentators were forceful in praise of how Nashville came out in game 2. The effusions post game were well deserved and I appreciated that.

What I am referring to is the commentary while play was going on-- it is not limited to the Nashville series, either-- IMHO commentators swing pretty consistently with whichever team is in control of the game. Maybe I expect too much, IDK...
I understand what you're saying but I think I heard Nashville more than enough when play was going on. I had the sound down in OT but in regulation they gave us plenty of praise. No biggie at the end of the day. We'll see what they do on Tuesday.

Old
05-01-2011, 08:35 PM
luongo321

vCash: 50
Damn you Pekka Rinne!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old
05-01-2011, 08:43 PM
token grinder

it absolutly amazes me the ignorance of some fans. all i keep reading is how we are lucky to be coming home 1-1 and not 0-2. as bad as we played in game one, we were a bounce away from tying it/maybe winning it with only 20 min. of effort. why can't these people realize the canucks are just as luckly to not be down 0-2?

Old
05-01-2011, 08:44 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by luongo321 View Post
Damn you Pekka Rinne!!!!!!!!!!!!
he's pretty awesome, eh?

Old
05-01-2011, 09:40 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

While I'm thrilled with how our defense and Pekka have stymied the Canucks, I'd certainly love for our forwards to start stringing together a bit more scoring pressure. Vancouver's defense is too good to try all of the cute passes and telegraphed slapshots. Need to simplify in a major way. It's the sort of series that 2 or 3 goals might be all you need to win.

Old
05-01-2011, 09:46 PM
FlexinMyPeks
Impekkable

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
it absolutly amazes me the ignorance of some fans. all i keep reading is how we are lucky to be coming home 1-1 and not 0-2. as bad as we played in game one, we were a bounce away from tying it/maybe winning it with only 20 min. of effort. why can't these people realize the canucks are just as luckly to not be down 0-2?
You mean like when they say that we were lucky to score when they had 14 shots and their goal was a deflection off a skate and right back on the tape of the shooter?

Old
05-01-2011, 11:29 PM
predfan24

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
While I'm thrilled with how our defense and Pekka have stymied the Canucks, I'd certainly love for our forwards to start stringing together a bit more scoring pressure. Vancouver's defense is too good to try all of the cute passes and telegraphed slapshots. Need to simplify in a major way. It's the sort of series that 2 or 3 goals might be all you need to win.
I get the feeling we will create more offense at home.

Old
05-01-2011, 11:59 PM
cleangene

Did anyone count the number of pronunciations of "Bieska" from Hopeless Hines in his recap from game 2? I guess I should be happy there was that slight mention of the game before yet ANOTHER story on the NFL draft.

Old
05-02-2011, 02:40 AM
smashville

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
It seems to me that the majority of Canuck fans on here think this series is already over and they should just be given a free ticket to the Stanley Cup finals. Apparently losing home ice advantage and only scoring two goals in two home games doesn't concern them. All they want to talk about is how boring the Preds are and how little talent and depth they possess. If Nashville is so bad, why is the series tied? Why can the Sedins not score?

More than a few of them keep saying once they start scoring bunches of goals they will win. Really? You think? That's some John Madden quality analysis right there.

Old
05-02-2011, 02:42 AM
I Will Son
An Army of One

The bridge is gonna be so so loud

Old
05-02-2011, 08:36 AM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by smashville View Post
It seems to me that the majority of Canuck fans on here think this series is already over and they should just be given a free ticket to the Stanley Cup finals. Apparently losing home ice advantage and only scoring two goals in two home games doesn't concern them. All they want to talk about is how boring the Preds are and how little talent and depth they possess. If Nashville is so bad, why is the series tied? Why can the Sedins not score?

More than a few of them keep saying once they start scoring bunches of goals they will win. Really? You think? That's some John Madden quality analysis right there.
I think we are experiencing why so many on these boards hate Canucks fans. They have a ton of great posters. But because they have so many posters, they also have a large volume of trash too. And that trash simply litters any Canucks-related thread.

It's unfortunate because it derails valid dsicussion, but there are plenty of Canucks fans who are very concerned with the Sedins lack of production and understand that the Preds won't make this easy on them if they stay out of the box.

Old
05-02-2011, 10:35 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
This.

And Legwand, GET THE PUCK DEEP. He's turning the puck over more than anyone right now.

Old
05-02-2011, 10:44 AM
wadesworld

Quote:
Agreed, though in SK's case, he hasn't been passing enough. He's been trying to deke around the Canuck defenders and turning it over.

Shoot if you can SK, or pass it before it gets taken.

Old
05-02-2011, 12:06 PM
SavageSteve

BTW, the Green Men will be at Game 3!!

@TheGreenMen: The Greenmen are Nashville bound! Predators didn't want us in Rogers Arena, didn't say anything about their arena!

I wonder if they are in the Petro-Canada seats between the benches?

Old
05-02-2011, 12:14 PM
CloakroomCrusader

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandypred View Post
BTW, the Green Men will be at Game 3!!

@TheGreenMen: The Greenmen are Nashville bound! Predators didn't want us in Rogers Arena, didn't say anything about their arena!

I wonder if they are in the Petro-Canada seats between the benches?
There are no seats between the benches for the playoffs with the between the glass folks.

Old
05-02-2011, 12:17 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a killer View Post
he's pretty awesome, eh?
Best comment of the week might have been "I heard they found Osama Bin Laden inside Pekka Rinne's glove". Man, do the Canucks ever need to stop shooting at that freaking thing. It's like watching a black hole swallow a tennis ball.

Rinne's been out of his mind, gotta give him that. I said before the series that I felt this would be a big round for both Luongo and Rinne to put sub-par 1st rounds behind them, and they have both delivered on that so far.

Looking forward to seeing Nashville rocking in Game 3. Just hope the Canucks can keep them from getting too loud.

Closed Thread