HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Beat the Canucks

Old
05-01-2011, 12:50 AM
TJinAZ

vCash: 500
Represent!

Coyotes fans say... Go Preds!

TJinAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 10:33 AM
bipolarhabfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAnotherHockeyFan View Post
They're the Leafs fan of the West
And I have to live here in Vancouver .

Ever since I got a Habs jersey in 1990, I have been a diehard Habfan. The other CDN teams I love are the Edmonton Oilers and Calgary Flames. As for the Canucks, I was a fan in the 90s but have been less so over the last 10 years. I really cant stand the current incaranation of the team.

BTW, I find a majority of fans here quite unbearable. They cheer for the team only when they do well and are no where to be seen when they are doing poorly. Whenever I talk to them about the real season, they simply quite down because the team has only made it past the second round TWICE in 41 years and almost gave away a series they were leading 3-0!

Last edited by bipolarhabfan: 05-01-2011 at 10:43 AM.
bipolarhabfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 01:16 PM
Spudskie

Hawks fan here. Just want to say congrats on the win last night. Now do it 3 more times and the 'Nucks can go home. You guys can do this!

Spudskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 01:59 PM
DracoFulmineus
Out in a storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmade View Post
Pics or it didn't happen.

DracoFulmineus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 05:27 PM
Pez68
Fire Quenneville

Would be awesome to see a Central division showdown in the WCF... Nashville vs. Detroit would be interesting.

Pez68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 06:40 PM
JamesBond*

No will will intended here..........but the Preds are not exactly an "entertaining" team. A Sharks vs. Canucks WCF would be much more entertaining. That's no indictment on the Preds, who may very well win. However, I don't think one can argue that the Preds do play dull dull hockey.

JamesBond* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 07:01 PM
predfan24

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesBond View Post
No will will intended here..........but the Preds are not exactly an "entertaining" team. A Sharks vs. Canucks WCF would be much more entertaining. That's no indictment on the Preds, who may very well win. However, I don't think one can argue that the Preds do play dull dull hockey.
Guess you didn't watch the series with Anaheim huh? I said this in series thread on the main playoff board. Vancouver is just as much at fault for the style of play this series has took on as the Preds are.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 07:14 PM
Drake744
@imdrakesmith

vCash: 325
Quote:
If you're a fan of a certain team and you're in the playoffs, no hockey is dull hockey.

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 07:22 PM
gopreds19
Formerly gobears19

vCash: 788
Quote:
I thought the Anaheim series had a lot of excitement, lots of hits, and lots of goals. The two games with Vancouver haven't had lots of goals, but they've been exciting hockey games. Just good goaltending keeping the score down...

gopreds19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 07:23 PM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13

vCash: 5113
I'm pulling for you guys. Do what we were ever so close to accomplishing, but failed to do.

No Fun Shogun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 07:36 PM
predfan24

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobears19 View Post
I thought the Anaheim series had a lot of excitement, lots of hits, and lots of goals. The two games with Vancouver haven't had lots of goals, but they've been exciting hockey games. Just good goaltending keeping the score down...
I'd agree but it's been more than just great goaltending. It's been two teams that are very good defensive teams playing responsible hockey. I find it funny that the Preds are this boring team and it's all their fault these games aren't wide open scoring fest. Both teams are playing tight checking hockey. Players from both teams are not giving any space to there opponents, clogging lanes, blocking shots.

If the Canucks wanted to open it up and try to create more offense they could. But no, typical HF mentality is it's all the Preds fault cause they have no talent and they trap, trap, trap all day.

Old
05-01-2011, 07:40 PM
ZombPred
ALLeyeDOizWHEN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportix View Post
Good luck Preds. Its going to be a short series but your team will learn from this defeat and be stronger next year.
Troll.

ZombPred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 09:42 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
I imagine it's dull to the team getting beat up on. We'll try to let the sisters do their thing a little more next game, so it's more entertaining for you.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 10:02 PM
DracoFulmineus
Out in a storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
If you're a fan of a certain team and you're in the playoffs, no hockey is dull hockey.
Haha, seriously. Who says: "Oh, I love my team, but the Blahblahblahs are so much flashier, so I want them to win."

DracoFulmineus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 11:02 PM
JamesBond*

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
I imagine it's dull to the team getting beat up on. We'll try to let the sisters do their thing a little more next game, so it's more entertaining for you.

I don't understand, I thought it was 1-1? If you are beating up on the nucks, imagine what will happen if they ever start playing.

Old
05-01-2011, 11:04 PM
JamesBond*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DracoFulmineus View Post
Haha, seriously. Who says: "Oh, I love my team, but the Blahblahblahs are so much flashier, so I want them to win."
For Preds fans, I agree, it's only important that they win. If someone came to me with a sure fire way to win the nucks the cup and it meant them playing a mind numbing style, I would not care.

That said, there is no debating the Preds are the most boring team in hockey........that's all I am saying. They lack depth and have to count on lights out goaltending, strong adherence to system play and timely scoring.

Old
05-01-2011, 11:38 PM
predfan24

Quote:
For Preds fans, I agree, it's only important that they win. If someone came to me with a sure fire way to win the nucks the cup and it meant them playing a mind numbing style, I would not care.

That said, there is no debating the Preds are the most boring team in hockey........that's all I am saying. They lack depth and have to count on lights out goaltending, strong adherence to system play and timely scoring.
Actually there is, it's funny you take no responsibility that the Canucks are also responsible for the style of play that you seem to hate. Once again, before you start sprouting off ignorant statements go back and watch the Anaheim series or the final 25 or so Preds games of the regular season.

Stop being such a sore losing homer. If you can't wrap your head around the fact that the Canucks are playing "Boring" defensive hockey as well then I don't really know what to say to you.

Old
05-02-2011, 02:39 AM
I Will Son
An Army of One

And to say we dont have depth is false, depth is one reason why were in the position we are. Lombardi(played 4 periods), Goc, O'reilly, Dumont, Wilson are all hurt or scratched. If it wasnt for depth we wouldnt be in this spot. Plus, Erat, Sully, Tootoo, Legwand, Kostitsyn also missed a good amount of games due to injury.

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2011, 02:46 AM
smashville

Depth is definitely not our problem. Our problem is lack of upper tier forward talent. We roll four very capable lines every night and get scoring from all of them. Most people wouldn't know that though, because they can't stay awake through an entire game.

smashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2011, 06:38 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:

Lack depth? Nashville has more depth than even Vancouver, and more than most teams in the league. We have 7 guys that are a couple of goals above or below 20. Healthy seasons for Erat and Legwand would have put them closer to 25.

You're mistaking "depth" for "high end scoring." Just because we don't have a Corey Perry(how'd high end scoring work out for the Ducks, by the way?) doesn't mean that we don't and can't play an "exciting" game. Only on HF does playing an aggressive forecheck\2-1-2 constitute as "boring."

Old
05-02-2011, 06:40 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
I don't understand, I thought it was 1-1? If you are beating up on the nucks, imagine what will happen if they ever start playing.
I'll try to take some time to imagine that, in between our games next round.

Old
05-02-2011, 08:48 AM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Please beat the Canucks, I can't stand their fanbase anymore.

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2011, 11:01 AM
bipolarhabfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan24 View Post
Actually there is, it's funny you take no responsibility that the Canucks are also responsible for the style of play that you seem to hate. Once again, before you start sprouting off ignorant statements go back and watch the Anaheim series or the final 25 or so Preds games of the regular season.

Stop being such a sore losing homer. If you can't wrap your head around the fact that the Canucks are playing "Boring" defensive hockey as well then I don't really know what to say to you.
As the saying goes, you need a dance partner to tango. The Canucks are indeed as much to blame for the type of hockey being played. It is interesting to note the Canucks goal scoring in the playoffs, game-by-game, is the following: 2-4-3-2-0-3-2-1-1 = 18/9 for 2 goals a game. That is one full goal less than their regular season GAA and one full goal less per game than the 'defensive' Preds who have 24 goals in eight playoff games.

I believe the reason for the Canucks lower scoring numbers in the playoffs lie in the fact they no longer have 7 power plays a game to score on and that they are not playing against teams from the worst division for 24 games a season. In short, the Canucks are not as good as their record indicates and are their deficiencies are being exposed in the playoffs once again.

I was watching the Preds-Ducks series and it was one of the most entertaining series thus far. Plenty of goals and end to end action.

bipolarhabfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2011, 11:07 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Of Kesler's 41 regular season goals, only 8 were against playoff teams.

That is an INSANE statistic.

Old
05-02-2011, 11:23 AM
predfan24

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
Of Kesler's 41 regular season goals, only 8 were against playoff teams.

That is an INSANE statistic.
Wow! That truly is incredible. I can not bash Kesler though. I've had a man crush on him since the Olympics. He doesn't need to be scoring to be a difference maker. Every team would love to have a guy like him.