HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jesper Fasth/Mikhail Pashnin's Prospect Camp Status 2011

Old
04-28-2011, 09:03 PM
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!

vCash: 500
Jesper Fasth/Mikhail Pashnin's Prospect Camp Status 2011

Does anyone know if these two guys will be at Prospect Camp this June/July after the draft?

I know Fasth has one more year in Sweden before he can come over but Pashnian can come over now.

White Plains Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2011, 10:07 PM
xxxZENxxx

Given how well Pashnin played in camp and his dream to play in the NHL, I would think it is lock that he will be there. Not sure about Fasth.

xxxZENxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2011, 09:27 AM
free0717

I would love to give Pashnin an ELC

free0717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 10:22 PM
squishy

When CSKA's season ended, Pashnin said he hadn't yet decided what he would do next season. His contract technically runs till June 30th (and teams keep practicing through then), and he said at the time that he'd wait till then to make a decision.

He did mention that teammate (and former NHLer) Vyacheslav Kozlov advised him to wait until he was a stronger, more developed player before leaving for North America.

I didn't have the opportunity to watch too many of his games this season, but based on the chatter on a couple CSKA message boards, he had a so-so season. He had a couple stints in the Russian junior league (MHL) over the course of the season, if I'm remembering correctly.

Once CSKA's season ended, he went down to the MHL and played all 16 games with CSKA's junior team, which won the Kharlamov Trophy as the MHL's top team a couple weeks ago. He had 1 goal and 4 assists, plus 60 penalty minutes, which seems pretty high for the playoffs. I didn't go through the game sheets to see what might have accounted for the high PIM number.

I think it's ultimately going to come down to how hard the Rangers lobby for him to come over this season. One potential obstacle for Prospect Camp is that, if the Rangers don't sign him first, he could be without a contract either here or in the KHL, which makes it a little risky for him.

squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 10:25 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 910
Awards:
Thanks for the info, Squish.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 10:34 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

would really love to see the rangers sign him. He was drafted late but it wasn't for his playing abilities, he's got that, it was because no one is sure that he'll actually play in NA. If he does, this guy could be an awesome steal of the draft!!!

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 10:36 PM
nyranger61494
YNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by squishy View Post
When CSKA's season ended, Pashnin said he hadn't yet decided what he would do next season. His contract technically runs till June 30th (and teams keep practicing through then), and he said at the time that he'd wait till then to make a decision.

He did mention that teammate (and former NHLer) Vyacheslav Kozlov advised him to wait until he was a stronger, more developed player before leaving for North America.

I didn't have the opportunity to watch too many of his games this season, but based on the chatter on a couple CSKA message boards, he had a so-so season. He had a couple stints in the Russian junior league (MHL) over the course of the season, if I'm remembering correctly.

Once CSKA's season ended, he went down to the MHL and played all 16 games with CSKA's junior team, which won the Kharlamov Trophy as the MHL's top team a couple weeks ago. He had 1 goal and 4 assists, plus 60 penalty minutes, which seems pretty high for the playoffs. I didn't go through the game sheets to see what might have accounted for the high PIM number.

I think it's ultimately going to come down to how hard the Rangers lobby for him to come over this season. One potential obstacle for Prospect Camp is that, if the Rangers don't sign him first, he could be without a contract either here or in the KHL, which makes it a little risky for him.
Thanks squishy. Just want to clarify, Kozlov's advice came after this season?

nyranger61494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2011, 01:44 AM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

I'm not totally opposed to him developing in the KHL. Do they play on international ice though? It'd be nice to get him to Hartford so he can get acclimated with America rink sized play. I'm in no rush for Pashnin as our blue line situation is pretty crowded already. Hartford's blue line situation? I suppose they could use him. Where do you stand squish?

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2011, 12:23 PM
xxxZENxxx

I have always loved how Kasperitis played... and to have a guy like Pashnin who could contribute in that pest-type way is quite interesting.

xxxZENxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2011, 02:24 PM
Chalfdiggity3

I think Pashnin would be a very welcoming addition to our team regardless of how stocked up our defensive corps is. I think Pashnin will be a very solid 2nd pairing dman with snarl to his game. Hopefuly hell come over to NA and we give him along with Kundratek, V-Tank, and MDZ a shot as our 5th and 6th dmen. Find out who is tradeable and who we want to keep, then can use some of our tradeable assests to go after a scoring forward.

Chalfdiggity3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2011, 02:43 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxZENxxx View Post
I have always loved how Kasperitis played... and to have a guy like Pashnin who could contribute in that pest-type way is quite interesting.
Well, Kaspar was certainly a pain in the ass, but in his prime was also known for delivering devastating hits. Not always clean, but always bone-crunching. I don't know that Pashnin has that in him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalfdiggity3 View Post
I think Pashnin would be a very welcoming addition to our team regardless of how stocked up our defensive corps is. I think Pashnin will be a very solid 2nd pairing dman with snarl to his game. Hopefuly hell come over to NA and we give him along with Kundratek, V-Tank, and MDZ a shot as our 5th and 6th dmen. Find out who is tradeable and who we want to keep, then can use some of our tradeable assests to go after a scoring forward.
I'm curious--based on what? He's not a solid second pairing defenseman in the KHL, a league inferior to the NHL. Now I know he's obviously not done developing, but how can you make those projections about him based on his performance thus far? And have you even seen him outside of training camp?

I don't mean to be harsh, I just don't understand how people make these projections and proclamations based on such little info with even less firsthand knowledge of a player.

Old
05-02-2011, 02:58 PM
squishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyranger61494 View Post
Thanks squishy. Just want to clarify, Kozlov's advice came after this season?
The impression I got was that it came during the course of the season, not after it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
I'm not totally opposed to him developing in the KHL. Do they play on international ice though? It'd be nice to get him to Hartford so he can get acclimated with America rink sized play. I'm in no rush for Pashnin as our blue line situation is pretty crowded already. Hartford's blue line situation? I suppose they could use him. Where do you stand squish?
I'd like to see him become a full-time, top-four KHL defenseman before he comes over, but if there's a significant likelihood that he won't get sufficient ice time this season (CSKA will have a new coach; the old one, Sergei Nemchinov, was a big proponent of Pashnin's, having coached him in the WJC and picked him 1st overall in the KHL draft) then I'd rather he come over and play in the AHL.

squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2011, 03:08 PM
Chalfdiggity3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Well, Kaspar was certainly a pain in the ass, but in his prime was also known for delivering devastating hits. Not always clean, but always bone-crunching. I don't know that Pashnin has that in him.

I'm curious--based on what? He's not a solid second pairing defenseman in the KHL, a league inferior to the NHL. Now I know he's obviously not done developing, but how can you make those projections about him based on his performance thus far? And have you even seen him outside of training camp?

I don't mean to be harsh, I just don't understand how people make these projections and proclamations based on such little info with even less firsthand knowledge of a player.
Bc he has the physical tools to become a solid addition to an nhl defense. Hes a boy playing among men in the KHL and was only drafted and played 1 season in the KHL. I mean to say that his potential is of that, i didnt say thats what he is already. Itl take time but hes just a kid and will get better.

Old
05-02-2011, 05:51 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalfdiggity3 View Post
Bc he has the physical tools to become a solid addition to an nhl defense. Hes a boy playing among men in the KHL and was only drafted and played 1 season in the KHL. I mean to say that his potential is of that, i didnt say thats what he is already. Itl take time but hes just a kid and will get better.
Does he? I know his skating is good, but he's kind of small. He's not a big hitter and he's not known for his shot. Other than his skating, what good physical tools does he possess?

Old
05-02-2011, 05:56 PM
Chalfdiggity3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Does he? I know his skating is good, but he's kind of small. He's not a big hitter and he's not known for his shot. Other than his skating, what good physical tools does he possess?
His skating is good, his positioning is sound, has a good breakout pass, has vision on the ice, and is smart on the ice. He may not be an intimidating defensive force or a goal scoring pmd. But he does have skills to become a solid defensman. Just remmember is a boy playing among men in the KHL. Lets see how he develops after another year.