HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

Panthers Lounge the 4th

Old
04-14-2011, 08:53 PM
FlaPnthrsPunk
Our Time Will Come

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattrick View Post
I'm not going now.
I promise, I'll behave. I'm actually pretty quiet in general but at Panthers games against teams I hate, I basically go nuts. Just ask my fiancee. I took her to a game against the Rangers about a month after I met her. As soon as the puck dropped and I started screaming anti-Rangers comments and her jaw dropped. She's gotten used to the hockey crazy side of me since then and finds it very amusing I'm not sure how I'd react in an opposing arena, but obviously after seeing all the a-hole opposing fans in our arena all the time, unlike them I feel that I have to be semi-respectful while cheering my team on at the same time.

I'm actually also really good friends with Panthers Rock. so I wonder if he'd be interested in going as well.

FlaPnthrsPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2011, 11:39 PM
Mogo
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 813
burp

Mogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 07:40 AM
Rattrick

Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPnthrsPunk View Post
I promise, I'll behave. I'm actually pretty quiet in general but at Panthers games against teams I hate, I basically go nuts. Just ask my fiancee. I took her to a game against the Rangers about a month after I met her. As soon as the puck dropped and I started screaming anti-Rangers comments and her jaw dropped. She's gotten used to the hockey crazy side of me since then and finds it very amusing I'm not sure how I'd react in an opposing arena, but obviously after seeing all the a-hole opposing fans in our arena all the time, unlike them I feel that I have to be semi-respectful while cheering my team on at the same time.

I'm actually also really good friends with Panthers Rock. so I wonder if he'd be interested in going as well.
I'm generally the same way, but I actually tone it down when I go with Laus because I don't want him to have to get involved just because of me lol.

Rattrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 09:28 AM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattrick View Post
I'm generally the same way, but I actually tone it down when I go with Laus because I don't want him to have to get involved just because of me lol.
I tone it down a bit cause of you, lol. I mean, I generally try to respect someone else's home, but when they start chirping and tossing stuff, they can kiss my ass. Most of em seem all talk anyway.

04-15-2011, 09:45 AM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
I tone it down a bit cause of you, lol. I mean, I generally try to respect someone else's home, but when they start chirping and tossing stuff, they can kiss my ass. Most of em seem all talk anyway.
I dont tone it down, ever. I remember I went up to Redneck Times Forum with my mother years ago, when Lecavalier was relatively new to the Lightning, and it was a game where there was like 200+ penalty minutes in the 2nd period alone. I had people there talking so much crap to us. We were losing, and my mom stood and and screamed "I didnt drive 4 hours to see you guys lose," and some hillbilly screams, "shut up you b!@#h and take your drive your ass out of here." So of course I turned around and threw my drink right at the man, and I started to go towards him before people got in the way.

Ive never had a good experience up in Tampa. Ive always been respectful to the visiting fans when they came to the BAC, unless they were being disrespectful to us first, then they would bet all of PB1300

pb1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 09:49 AM
Panthers Rock
Slumpin' Like A Soph

Send a message via AIM to Panthers Rock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Awesome!

You know you're gonna go!
We're gonna have to make this trek together sooner or later. Panthers are stronger in numbers, unless it's a powerplay, then all bets are off.

Jonathan Huberdeau: 2013 Calder Trophy Winner
Panthers Rock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 08:34 PM
Lola
Future Panthers

pb, I'm glad to hear you're on the mend. That sounds like a pretty scary thing to go through!

HJ, absolutely wear your Panthers gear! If you can take a little ribbing, I think you'll do fine. Tampa fans were outstanding to us earlier this year when we went (dressed in our Panther stuff).

Our e-cig business is starting to see some steady customers now...hopefully it will continue to grow. Though I was pretty irritated to learn of another e-cig company online who stole most of the content from our website. They pleaded ignorance when I called them out on it. It's word for word, OUR personal story of how we came into this business. They also stole a few pics that we created ourselves (iow, they could have only found them on our site). Thieves.

Cam's moving up to Squirts in May. I guess when you score 3+ goals a game, every time you play, it's time to move up. He just turned 8 in February. Ty's still too young. Last game of the season is tomorrow.

Lola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2011, 09:28 AM
Rattrick

Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
pb, I'm glad to hear you're on the mend. That sounds like a pretty scary thing to go through!

HJ, absolutely wear your Panthers gear! If you can take a little ribbing, I think you'll do fine. Tampa fans were outstanding to us earlier this year when we went (dressed in our Panther stuff).

Our e-cig business is starting to see some steady customers now...hopefully it will continue to grow. Though I was pretty irritated to learn of another e-cig company online who stole most of the content from our website. They pleaded ignorance when I called them out on it. It's word for word, OUR personal story of how we came into this business. They also stole a few pics that we created ourselves (iow, they could have only found them on our site). Thieves.

Cam's moving up to Squirts in May. I guess when you score 3+ goals a game, every time you play, it's time to move up. He just turned 8 in February. Ty's still too young. Last game of the season is tomorrow.
JOL, what's your website? My boss is looking to quit and a client of ours did it with the e-cigs as well as another coworker so he's going to try it.

Rattrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2011, 12:40 PM
Lola
Future Panthers

I PM'd you Rattrick. I don't want to spam up the board.

That company that stole our content? They took it down. And I didn't even have to get nasty about it.

Lola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2011, 01:45 PM
JP Mick
Fire trucks beware!

vCash: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
I PM'd you Rattrick. I don't want to spam up the board.

That company that stole our content? They took it down. And I didn't even have to get nasty about it.
Can you send me the link too? I need to quit and I'm at looking at all the options.
Thanks!

JP Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 11:18 AM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb1300 View Post
Good...thanks for asking. Im pretty much back to 100% now, except I got some slight nerve soreness in my left shoulder blade, from the doctors failed attempts to try and reach my artery. I go back to work on Monday, so I have a few more days to relax and catch up on the sleep that I didnt get in the hospital.
Pretty good news!
Does the shoulder soreness mean you cannot engage in the annual Florida Panthers playoff activities?
Hey, any good courses in Greece??

CHGoalie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 11:02 PM
Holy Jokinen

So, got back a little while ago from the Pens-Lightning game.

It. Was. AWESOME.

We got there before the warm-ups, and a big crowd was right at the glass chanting all kinds of things before anyone even hit the ice. That set the tone for the beginning of the game, where the place was really rockin'. Of course, the place got silenced when the pens scored 2 goals in a matter of minutes. But when st. louis scored his goals, the place just exploded. I would've liked the lightning to win, just because i wanted to really experience the crowd going insane since they were playing catch-up the whole game. But they couldn't do it, and it's probably for the best cause i picked the Pens to win this series in my pool...

It was probably 90:10 in terms of home fans vs away. But it was awesome, and i absolutely cannot wait for the playoffs to come down here. It was nice for me cause i could just take it all in since i didn't have a dog in the fight. I can't imagine how it must feel to be going to these games as a fan of the home team.

Anyways, i took a short crappy vid of the anthem, just to give some sense of the feeling. It's crappy, i know, but whatever, it's as close as most of us are gonna get to the playoffs this year.

Also, i wore my Panthers hoody and had absolutely no issues. I think the fans were too busy looking for Pens jerseys, so it was a non-issue.

here's the vid:

Holy Jokinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 06:01 PM
FlaPnthrsPunk
Our Time Will Come

Glad you had a great time. I personally was happy to see the Pens win The only playoff game I've ever gone to in person was sadly the last playoff game that the Panthers won in Game 1 of the Eastern Quarterfinals against the Rangers. It was a 3-0 Beezer shutout and I'll never forget the intensity from the crowd inside of the Miami Arena. They were on Richter all game and the rats were flying onto the ice after every goal. It was deafening in there and as an thirteen year old kid, it was absolutely magical. I can't believe that was fourteen years ago

FlaPnthrsPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 11:59 AM
Holy Jokinen

So, my ice league playoffs started last night, and our team (3rd seed) beat the 2nd seed 7-2. Was a blast cause some of my family came up to watch and i was able to pot 2 goals as a defensman. So that was fun.

The best news is that the number 1 seed, who has an excellent goalie, lost to he 4th seeded team. So we'll play for the Stanley Keg this coming saturday against a much easier team. I'm pretty pumped.

Holy Jokinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 02:13 PM
ratmanfu

Send a message via MSN to ratmanfu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Jokinen View Post
So, my ice league playoffs started last night, and our team (3rd seed) beat the 2nd seed 7-2. Was a blast cause some of my family came up to watch and i was able to pot 2 goals as a defensman. So that was fun.

The best news is that the number 1 seed, who has an excellent goalie, lost to he 4th seeded team. So we'll play for the Stanley Keg this coming saturday against a much easier team. I'm pretty pumped.
That's awesome, Danny!

ratmanfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2011, 12:57 PM
MickOlax

Didn't really know where to put this, but I guess I post it in the lounge. If you haven't read DGB yet, start now. Probably the best hockey comedy in the internet right now.

The most recent post at this guys blog made me laugh my butt off like always, but especially the Florida Panthers part. Actually it made me lol at first, and then made me think of it: Quite a coincidence, ain't it?

Here's the link:
LINK

-L-

MickOlax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 11:57 PM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
US Special Forces kill Bin Laden! Great job, albeit a decade too late. Now we can finally close a terrible chapter in our countries history.

pb1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2011, 12:20 AM
Panthers 20

I credit Dale Tallon.

Panthers 20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2011, 12:46 AM
ratmanfu

Send a message via MSN to ratmanfu
Quote:
Originally Posted by pb1300 View Post
US Special Forces kill Bin Laden! Great job, albeit a decade too late. Now we can finally close a terrible chapter in our countries history.
I don't know if we can ever close it, but this certainly is a step towards some form of closure. At the very least, it serves as a strong dose of justice.

ratmanfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2011, 12:01 PM
angry_treefrog
T63813A

angry_treefrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2011, 03:43 PM
Markstrom Rules
Great Finnish

The chapter is not closed, if anything Al Qaeda will increase it's efforts in the wake of this, but yeah necessary justice has been done.

Markstrom Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2011, 03:46 PM
Acadmus

The morning show I listen to on 620AM WVMT officially retired the opening theme song they've used for almost 10 years now, the Ballad of Jim Moran, which promised Osama in it's lyrics "You'll pay the price but first you'll kiss my royal Irish ass". Well, one out of two ain't bad.

Anyway...now they'll have to find something else to open the show with...hopefully not the show's custom-made Starlight Rhythym Boys theme song.

05-02-2011, 03:47 PM
Acadmus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
The chapter is not closed, if anything Al Qaeda will increase it's efforts in the wake of this, but yeah necessary justice has been done.
It's a symbolic victory, but this is a war that needed a symbolic victory badly - and this particular one specifically.

Acadmus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2011, 03:50 PM
Markstrom Rules
Great Finnish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acadmus View Post
It's a symbolic victory, but this is a war that needed a symbolic victory badly - and this particular one specifically.
Agreed.

Markstrom Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2011, 07:08 PM
angry_treefrog
T63813A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
Al Qaeda just had their head cut off. If they were going to do something spectacular, they would have already done so. That's not the concern.

It was apparently known within the US intelligence community that the inability to catch OBL was due to complicity of Pakistani intelligence agencies who kept their man one step ahead of the law (i.e. US troops). It was no oversight that Pakistan was not informed of the raid, nor was it thanked in BO's speech. With OBL hanging out in a neighborhood populated by retired Pakistani military and a half mile from the Pakistani military academy, it's pretty clear that elements of the Pakistani government/intelligence agencies are "against us". What is seperating these elements from Pakistan's nuclear arsenal? If there are any more attacks, don't look at Al Qaeda... no matter who takes credit. Look at the intelligence agencies of some of our enemies and "friends".

angry_treefrog is offline   Reply With Quote