HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Canadian Junior Hockey Devoted to the CHL (OHL, QMJHL, WHL), CJAHL, and its leagues

10-11 Central Hockey League season

Closed Thread

Old
04-30-2011, 11:26 AM
Ottawa Guy

vCash: 500
A little too early for this type of discussion. The draft has not even happened and main camps are not close to happening. Lots of recruiting of players yet to be done.

Old
05-01-2011, 08:54 PM
CHL Fan

A little Early but things happenning behind the scenes

Ottawa guy may be right but I am sure there is lots of action happenning behind the scenes. I am hearing Jason Clarke of CP is moving to fill some holes from the lose of his top guys from last season and at the same time get rid of his softwood. Talk is he is about to sign 3 elite hockey players 2 forwards and 1 D from the States. Look for CP to contend next season.

Old
05-01-2011, 10:11 PM
Ottawa Guy

No one questions JC's ability to recruit, the big question is can he find a way to keep them for a whole season.........there is a constant revolving door of players in CP.

Old
05-03-2011, 08:13 AM
hawkeye guy

New GM in Hawkesbury

According to the Hawks site, Martin Dagenais has resigned as GM and last years Associate Coach Ian Henderson has been named the new GM. Shawn Anderson remains the Head Coach.
Any other changes coming in the league? Has Smiths Falls named a head coach/gm yet?

Old
05-03-2011, 08:44 AM
dirk

Changes

I can't see Martin Dagenais walking away from the CCHL...he must have something lined up and will re-surface somewhere. I have heard that Grady is the SF owner's choice and will be named as the new coach. The head job in Gloucester is still up in the air...last years Asst Sylvain Favreau seems to be the logical choice as very few (if any) Head Coaches will "share" a bench with the owner! Whoever gets the Rangers job better have some good recruiting skills and a solid base of contacts!

Does anyone know of any off season deals/trades that have been made?

Old
05-03-2011, 01:03 PM
Ottawa Guy

Trade Freeze

I believe there is a trade freeze is still in affect until the end of the RBC, meaning the earliest any trades can be finalized is next week. This is when you will see some of the "future considerations" get announced from trades made during the season. I would expect a few trades between the end of the RBC and draft day.

Old
05-03-2011, 01:30 PM
Ravenshockey

Was Rick Dorvel fired from Gloucester??

Old
05-03-2011, 01:41 PM
Ottawa Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenshockey View Post
Was Rick Dorvel fired from Gloucester??
That is what everyone is saying however I do not think there has been a formal announcement.

Old
05-03-2011, 06:50 PM
CVG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawa Guy View Post
No one questions JC's ability to recruit, the big question is can he find a way to keep them for a whole season.........there is a constant revolving door of players in CP.
The "JC Revolving Door" went from 9th place to 5th, with a respectable Play Off Showing. Not bad for a 2nd year team.

Old
05-04-2011, 10:39 AM
hattrick2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHL Fan View Post
Ottawa guy may be right but I am sure there is lots of action happenning behind the scenes. I am hearing Jason Clarke of CP is moving to fill some holes from the lose of his top guys from last season and at the same time get rid of his softwood. Talk is he is about to sign 3 elite hockey players 2 forwards and 1 D from the States. Look for CP to contend next season.
The only 2 players that as of the end of the season that were scheduled to leave are Sebastien Poirier and Ryan Lowe. Do you know of other top guys that are not coming back?

Old
05-04-2011, 04:13 PM
RTR

Draft 2011

Gloucester has honour this year
Quote:
Originally Posted by upinarms View Post
Let's get some talk going:
1. Good Luck to Lumber Kings at RBC. It has been a long time since CCHL has won it.
2) Glouc losing 8 20 yr olds and Lloyd and Pancel. How will they manage next year, and without a goalie again. Also I hear no head coach.
3) SF with no head coach as of yet. Anyone know what's going on?
4) Kempt with no D. But apparently have found another goalie who is quite good.
5) B'ville - Congrats to Gill. Good time to leave maybe. His son is almost ready for Junior
6) Will Ottawa improve? Highly unlikely.
7) Kanata - lots of draft picks, but that won't help for Fred Page. Unless they trade picks for players.
8) Some teams might want picks, seeing they can draft 3 extra Bantams. Build for future.
9) Where is draft this year? is it being broadcast?

Old
05-05-2011, 09:43 AM
BadgerKnight

RBC Tie-Breaker

I have been unable to locate the tie breaking formula on the RBC but from the OPJAHL Fan Forum, the poster, Wexdog, has provided the following information as to how the Wellington Dukes can continue in the playoff section of the RBC. Under this described scenario, it appears that Pembroke would be ousted as the Kings had lost earlier to Portage.

"One last shot
May 5 2011, 8:13 AM

The situation may not be as dire as it appears.

Wellington needs to win regardless. Here is what needs to happen with Pembroke;

First - if Pembroke wins(and remember Vernon has first locked up) then Wellington just has to win.

Second - should Pembroke lose then we need the goal diff. to workout to our favor(see below).

If I am correct here is what needs to happen;

- Wellington(0-3) needs to win by three[3] over Portage(1-2)
- Pembroke(1-2) has to lose by four[4] to Vernon(3-0)

Team (GF/GA) GD ... GD(if the above happened)
Pembroke (8/9) -1 ... -5
Portage (9/11) -2 ... -5
Wellington (6/13) -7 ... -4"

http://www.network54.com/Forum/44151...res+-+Schedule

Old
05-05-2011, 01:08 PM
Jeff077

Grady named head coach of Smiths Falls Bears
Written by Lake 88 News Staff
Wednesday, 04 May 2011
Mark Grady has been named head coach of the Smiths Falls Junior A Bears.
The long-anticipated appointment announced today by Bears' owner Chris Cassell, who said he looks forward to a better 2011-2012 season for the team.

Cassell also announced the appointment of Rob Dobson as assistant coach. Hugh Craig will continue as the team’s general manager, a position he assumed in March on an interim basis.

Grady and Dobson replace Bill Bowker who was fired in mid-March as head coach and GM after the Bears lost the CJHL quarter-finals to the Pembroke Lumber Kings.

Grady is former assistant coach of the Ottawa ‘67s and previously head coach and general manager for four years of the Cumberland Grads. Before that, he was assistant coach of the Nepean Raiders.

Cassell told Lake88, “we’ve just got to move on and put a winning team on the ice.

Old
05-06-2011, 09:13 AM
clear the track

Good Luck SF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff077 View Post
Grady named head coach of Smiths Falls Bears
Written by Lake 88 News Staff
Wednesday, 04 May 2011
Mark Grady has been named head coach of the Smiths Falls Junior A Bears.
The long-anticipated appointment announced today by Bears' owner Chris Cassell, who said he looks forward to a better 2011-2012 season for the team.

Cassell also announced the appointment of Rob Dobson as assistant coach. Hugh Craig will continue as the team’s general manager, a position he assumed in March on an interim basis.

Grady and Dobson replace Bill Bowker who was fired in mid-March as head coach and GM after the Bears lost the CJHL quarter-finals to the Pembroke Lumber Kings.

Grady is former assistant coach of the Ottawa ‘67s and previously head coach and general manager for four years of the Cumberland Grads. Before that, he was assistant coach of the Nepean Raiders.

Cassell told Lake88, “we’ve just got to move on and put a winning team on the ice.
What a great deal for SF. Marc Grady brings so much to the table. His Integrity and Moral Fibre are impeccable. I am sure he will mold his young charges to his winning ways and once more restore the past glories of the Bears.

Old
05-06-2011, 12:15 PM
BadgerKnight

Mr. Grady was mentioned in the following news media report in which he was involved in an administrative tribunal board.

http://www.canada.com/business/Forme...668/story.html

Last edited by BadgerKnight: 05-06-2011 at 01:24 PM.
Old
05-06-2011, 12:56 PM
Johnny 2K8

Hawks

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk View Post
I can't see Martin Dagenais walking away from the CCHL...he must have something lined up and will re-surface somewhere. I have heard that Grady is the SF owner's choice and will be named as the new coach. The head job in Gloucester is still up in the air...last years Asst Sylvain Favreau seems to be the logical choice as very few (if any) Head Coaches will "share" a bench with the owner! Whoever gets the Rangers job better have some good recruiting skills and a solid base of contacts!

Does anyone know of any off season deals/trades that have been made?
Here's an article in the French newspaper in Hawkesbury. I won't try to translate as my French is not good enough, but from what I can read, Martin Dagenais didn't really want to go, but felt he had no choice. As far as him re-surfacing somewhere in the CCHL, you could be right as he is alredy talking to a number of teams. However, he has no intentions of being a head coach or GM for now.

http://www.editionap.ca/home.jsp?id=..._item_id=22444

Old
05-06-2011, 02:10 PM
GoWithIt

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerKnight View Post
Mr. Grady was mentioned in the following news media report in which he was involved in an administrative tribunal board.

http://www.canada.com/business/Forme...668/story.html
After reading the article it appears that Clear the Track struggles to understand what moral fibre and integrity actually mean. To let this man lead impressionable kids knowing what he did to a fellow jail guard is morally reprehensible, I am a parent and don't want him near my kid, and for the league to allow it, they are justifying his actions.

Old
05-06-2011, 06:48 PM
ottawafan66

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoWithIt View Post
After reading the article it appears that Clear the Track struggles to understand what moral fibre and integrity actually mean. To let this man lead impressionable kids knowing what he did to a fellow jail guard is morally reprehensible, I am a parent and don't want him near my kid, and for the league to allow it, they are justifying his actions.
I thought he was being sarcastic. I HOPE he was being sarcastic.

How can this guy be allowed to play such a key role in the development of our kids. Cassell needs to give his head a shake.

Old
05-07-2011, 10:10 AM
upinarms

Look for Tie Domi on the bench helping Gill and Gilmour now that his son Max is a Frontenac. Can't see him heading south.

Old
05-07-2011, 01:32 PM
clear the track

tonque in cheek

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoWithIt View Post
a little sarcasm ..............pleassse! all tonque in cheek

Old
05-07-2011, 10:17 PM
BadgerKnight

RBC Championship Game

Kings face off against Vernon tomorrow. Game is being broadcast on a tape delay by TSN starting @ 11 p.m.

Old
05-07-2011, 11:30 PM
Me Me

Go Kings Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerKnight View Post
Kings face off against Vernon tomorrow. Game is being broadcast on a tape delay by TSN starting @ 11 p.m.
well the kings are helping this league out to get none.This is tipical of tsn not showing it live so everyone no/s the ending. I was wondering what the coach of the year is doing now. Well go get them Kings. GO KINGS GO show them what are league is like makes us in the league in the league be proud handclap::wi n:

Old
05-08-2011, 01:52 AM
stillwater

The CHL hasn't had a team in the final of the RBC cup in a long time.

There hasn't been an RBC winner from the CHL in the RBC cup since the Rockland Nationals. It's been a long time.

As a Colts fan, I'm wishing beyond hope that the Lumber Kings can get it done.

Go Kings.

Old
05-08-2011, 05:22 AM
CHL Fan

CP going to be tougher team

Quote:
Originally Posted by hattrick2000 View Post
The only 2 players that as of the end of the season that were scheduled to leave are Sebastien Poirier and Ryan Lowe. Do you know of other top guys that are not coming back?
I do not think you would call them "Top Guys" but there is some skill there without heart & toughness which might be out the door. Hearing some deals are in the making with the Atlantic Canada Maritime Junior Hockey League where JC has found a few skilled but tough forwards and the cost might only be a skilled but "less than physcial" forward and a small Player Development fee!!

Old
05-08-2011, 09:15 AM
RTR

Go Kings Go. And good for you FRANKIE! Go get em!

Closed Thread