HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Lakers Playoffs

Old
05-03-2011, 12:22 AM
no name

vCash: 500
Lakers Playoffs

Tonight Kobe Bryant takes 29 shots and has 0 assists. What a jack ass. Take out Ron Artest and the rest of the team shot over 50%. That was ball hogging to epic measures. Phil Jackson is going to have something to say about this because he always brings up how the Lakers lose more than half of the games Kobe shoots more than 20 shots. Phil hates that, nevermind the fact that he shot 9 more times over the 20 shot mark.

I'm so glad the Lakers lost tonight. Kobe needs a reality check.

no name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2011, 12:28 AM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

vCash: 3733
And that is why I don't watch the lakers any more because I can't stand Kobe!

What a friggin' egomaniac!

It's weird. I use to love all team sports but lately, it's been nothing but hockey for me. I haven't watched one single game of the dodgers or the lakers.

All about the kings baby!!!

Off season??? There is no offseason if you're a diehard kings fan.

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2011, 12:31 AM
The VEGASKING
#1 fan

Send a message via AIM to The VEGASKING Send a message via Yahoo to The VEGASKING
14-29. Not like he was 10-29 or something. Kobe and Dirk are the only reason either team was in the game. We've got no one to guard him. Pau and Drew need to step up offensively to compensate.

They have pissed away way too many games like this and especially at home this season. The only time they turn the ball over seems to be at the end of games.

The VEGASKING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2011, 12:38 AM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

vCash: 3733
Quote:
Originally Posted by VEGASKING View Post
14-29. Not like he was 10-29 or something. Kobe and Dirk are the only reason either team was in the game. We've got no one to guard him. Pau and Drew need to step up offensively to compensate.

They have pissed away way too many games like this and especially at home this season. The only time they turn the ball over seems to be at the end of games.
It's more of the fact that the rest of the team just stands around when Kobe just takes over the game. There's no movement-no fluidity. And lack of offense translates to lack of defense imo.

I would be happy if Kobe were to get traded. Can't stand that ****er no matter how talented.

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2011, 12:42 AM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

DAkings20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2011, 12:51 AM
Cook24

Send a message via AIM to Cook24
Hate Rapey Bryant

Cook24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2011, 01:12 AM
Shellz

That's because he owns.

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2011, 02:19 AM
JT Dutch*
Cult of Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by no name View Post
Tonight Kobe Bryant takes 29 shots and has 0 assists. What a jack ass.
... LOL. Kobe had a good game. Another guy's gotta be able to make a basket before Kobe can get an assist. He would have had a few in this one if that were the case.

Quote:
Take out Ron Artest and the rest of the team shot over 50%.
... Huh??? The Lakers shot 36 of 84. If you take out Kobe and Artest, they shot 21 of 47; that's 45%.

Quote:
Phil Jackson is going to have something to say about this because he always brings up how the Lakers lose more than half of the games Kobe shoots more than 20 shots.
... Usually, Kobe only takes that amount of shots when the rest of the team isn't clicking. If the team is shooting poorly, someone has to provide offense, and that's Kobe's job. Believe me, if Bynum had shot better than 3 of 8 from the floor (piss-poor for a center) or Artest could have thrown a pea in the ocean, they would have received the ball more often.

Kobe was 4 out of 9 from three, for example. The rest of the team was 1 for 10. And yet, Kobe is the one at fault?!?! Don't understand that one at all.

Quote:
... The Lakers lost because Dallas shot way over their heads from three (9 for 20) and they had 51 points from jumpshots while the Lakers had just 31. That's how Dallas has been winning and losing games for a lot of years (and why they haven't won a title in the Dirk Nowitzki era). Live by the jumper, die by the jumper.

The Lakers scored in the paint more often than Dallas did, and they went to the rack more often. If they continue to do that, L.A. will win the series.

JT Dutch* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2011, 08:44 AM
br3ds0x

I was given tickets to go to the game last night. First time ever going to a basketball playoff game, and I was not at all impressed by the crowd. There was never a 'Lets go Lakers' chant or anything. The only time people cheered was when they made a basket or the jumbotron told them to. Even then, it was not even close to the same level as at the Kings games. I don't know if this is just how basketball games are or what, but Kings fans definitely blew them out of the water.

br3ds0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2011, 09:56 AM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cook24 View Post
Hate Rapey Bryant
This.

Go Mavs.

Mainly because I'm just about ready to go home for the summer, and don't want my dad to have to work these events.

KopitarFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2011, 10:27 AM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

It's funny that there's almost no Lakers fans on these boards. Kobe is one of the best to ever play the game, stop hating

AKAY47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2011, 10:33 AM
TonySCV
One More Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
It's funny that there's almost no Lakers fans on these boards. Kobe is one of the best to ever play the game, stop hating
There's almost no basketball fans on these boards.

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2011, 10:51 AM
Pucknut50

Quote:
Tonight Kobe Bryant takes 29 shots and has 0 assists. What a jack ass. Take out Ron Artest and the rest of the team shot over 50%. That was ball hogging to epic measures. Phil Jackson is going to have something to say about this because he always brings up how the Lakers lose more than half of the games Kobe shoots more than 20 shots. Phil hates that, nevermind the fact that he shot 9 more times over the 20 shot mark.

Well how many championships have the Lakers won? Kobe is a big part of those championships. Gasol fouled Dirk. Gasol lost the ball on the play after. The Laker Bench was terrible as well as Bynum. Does Kobe ball hog? Yes. It's always the same the Lakers lose its Kobe's fault.

Well I know one thing that's missing on the Kings, a Kobe Bryant type player. Superstar and someone who hates to lose. Please Kings get somebody with a big ego please because I'm tired of losing with a bunch of nice unselfish players.

Last edited by Pucknut50: 05-03-2011 at 10:57 AM.
Pucknut50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2011, 10:56 AM
Pucknut50

Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
And that is why I don't watch the lakers any more because I can't stand Kobe!

What a friggin' egomaniac!

It's weird. I use to love all team sports but lately, it's been nothing but hockey for me. I haven't watched one single game of the dodgers or the lakers.

All about the kings baby!!!

Off season??? There is no offseason if you're a diehard kings fan.
Yes there is it's called April - Every fricken year!

Pucknut50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2011, 11:16 AM
kingsholygrail
Interference = Cup

Oddly enough, the Lakers run into motivation problems and dig their own holes. They'll be back for game 2.

kingsholygrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2011, 11:28 AM
AnThGrt

Send a message via AIM to AnThGrt
I just wish the Kings had a single player remotely or anywhere near as good as Kobe. Tough to get assists when you dish it out to guys and they shoot 1-10 from behind the arc or hit them on the inside and they can't hit a lay-up.

Kobe - 5 championships
Kings - 0 its 40+ years

AnThGrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2011, 12:01 PM
DeeMeck

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnThGrt View Post
I just wish the Kings had a single player remotely or anywhere near as good as Kobe. Tough to get assists when you dish it out to guys and they shoot 1-10 from behind the arc or hit them on the inside and they can't hit a lay-up.

Kobe - 5 championships
Kings - 0 its 40+ years
You can win in the NBA with only one player, or maybe 2.

Lebron took the Cavs to the finals all by himself.

Hockey is a team game....you need more than 3 good players. Look at the Ducks and Lightning of recent years. If you don't have depth in hockey you are screwed. All you need in the NBA is 3 good players who can play alot of minutes.

DeeMeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2011, 12:22 PM
HeadInjury

I watched the second half. Artest and Gasol were terrible. Everyone else was fine. Jackson as usual waited too long to call a time out as the lead evaporated in the 3rd.

They lost and in the end I didn't care, because it's just basketball.

HeadInjury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2011, 01:03 PM
no name

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Dutch View Post
... LOL. Kobe had a good game. Another guy's gotta be able to make a basket before Kobe can get an assist. He would have had a few in this one if that were the case.

... Huh??? The Lakers shot 36 of 84. If you take out Kobe and Artest, they shot 21 of 47; that's 45%.

... Usually, Kobe only takes that amount of shots when the rest of the team isn't clicking. If the team is shooting poorly, someone has to provide offense, and that's Kobe's job. Believe me, if Bynum had shot better than 3 of 8 from the floor (piss-poor for a center) or Artest could have thrown a pea in the ocean, they would have received the ball more often.

Kobe was 4 out of 9 from three, for example. The rest of the team was 1 for 10. And yet, Kobe is the one at fault?!?! Don't understand that one at all.

... The Lakers lost because Dallas shot way over their heads from three (9 for 20) and they had 51 points from jumpshots while the Lakers had just 31. That's how Dallas has been winning and losing games for a lot of years (and why they haven't won a title in the Dirk Nowitzki era). Live by the jumper, die by the jumper.

The Lakers scored in the paint more often than Dallas did, and they went to the rack more often. If they continue to do that, L.A. will win the series.
I assume you watched the game. Kobe rarely had any intentions of passing. He had the isolation game in mind every time down. At one point Odom was viably frusrated because he had great position and Kobe took a very low percentage shot and on touched glass. In the 4th quarter Kobe took 9 consecutive shots over an 8 minute span. In that span once the ball hit Kobe's hands he passed the ball one time. Phil Jackson brought that up saying that there was no movement.

In regards to the 50% I was referring to the starters and Odom, which is the main rotation. The other players got their shots when Kobe was not in the game for the most part. I am not a Kobe hater but I couldn't help but be blown away by that. Kobe shot 46% from the field, which is good for a guard, but when you are takining just under half the teams shots there is no way you can win. The rest of the team was just running around, getting in position and waiting. There wasn't even many chances for offensive rebounds because the rebounds were all long from long shots. I watch lots of basketball and it's VERY rare to see a guy have zero intentions of passing. Kobe has grown out of that. Or at least I thought he did.

Old
05-03-2011, 01:09 PM
Cook24

Send a message via AIM to Cook24
This forum sucks now. No offseason roster move talk. We are stuck with the lakers...basketball....ugh.

Cook24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2011, 01:11 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 50
The rest of the team just straight out sucked. One could definitely argue that this was a result of Kobe starting to freeze them out in the third quarter. I would argue however that it was mainly as a result of Chandler's length giving Drew some problems. The Lakers could not get the ball down to the low block all game. In the New Orleans series they were able to run the offense through him because none of the Hornets players could handle Drew down low. It's different now.

Live in the Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2011, 01:17 PM
Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I bet u trade me

Send a message via AIM to Cutty Sarkn3ss*
Cool Sport Bro's

Cutty Sarkn3ss* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2011, 01:22 PM
no name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pucknut50 View Post
Well how many championships have the Lakers won? Kobe is a big part of those championships. Gasol fouled Dirk. Gasol lost the ball on the play after. The Laker Bench was terrible as well as Bynum. Does Kobe ball hog? Yes. It's always the same the Lakers lose its Kobe's fault.

The Lakers have won 5 championships playing the triangle. Kobe was NOT playing the triangle and that left his teammates out to dry because the were. Kobe knew he had a great matchup and he basically said screw you to the team and was going to get his. I'm sure he felt that was the best way to win because make no mistake the guy cares more than anyone, but basically he said poo poo on the rest of the team. How can they win when the rest of the team is going with the game plan while the guy who touches the ball every play has his own agenda.

I could care less if Gasol fouled Dirk. That has nothing to do with the conversation. He didn't lose the ball on the next play though. He did just what he needed to to but Kobe was jersey tugged and tripped coming around Pau and which cause Kobe to knock the ball away. Should have been a foul. Bynum didn't play bad. He worked his ass off all night to get within 5 feet of the basket but he was rarely given the ball as a result of the work. Again, the triangle requires the ball to work in and out. The number one plan should have been to pound Bynum early and get Chandler in foul trouble. Bynum was moving Chandler at will and he has 50 pounds on him.

I don't care if Kobe ball hogs. Kobe is the greatest playoff player in the game. With that said, 20 shots is too much for anyone in the NBA, let alone 29. 0 Assists is a very telling stat. You should get a couple by accident when you touch the ball every play.

Old
05-03-2011, 01:27 PM
no name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
The rest of the team just straight out sucked. One could definitely argue that this was a result of Kobe starting to freeze them out in the third quarter. I would argue however that it was mainly as a result of Chandler's length giving Drew some problems. The Lakers could not get the ball down to the low block all game. In the New Orleans series they were able to run the offense through him because none of the Hornets players could handle Drew down low. It's different now.
I totally disagree. The Lakers have 3 7 footers. They rarely went inside. Bynum was moving Chandler around but he wasn't fed. Pau was wide open the entire game for a 14 foot shot (which is his shot) because Kobe was double teamed yet he wasn't fed. Odom had to ball hog himself at times to get his shot and he was obviously frustrated at times. I've never seen Odom overtly complain about the lack of movement in front of everyone. Odom is a total team guy.

Old
05-03-2011, 01:27 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

Mavs shot almost 50% from 3 last night and there bench also outplayed the Lakers. I don't see that happening every game during the series.

DAkings20 is offline   Reply With Quote