HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

MDZ had sports hernia surgery(3-4 week recovery)

Old
05-03-2011, 02:09 PM
Levitate

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
Had a hernia operation of my own about 10 years ago. Brutal. There's not going to be any Roberts' conditioning camp this summer, I can tell you that.
I could be wrong but I don't think "sports hernias" are the same as regular hernias (inguinal hernias where your intestines threaten to collapse into your ballsack)

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2011, 02:58 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Still have high hopes for the kid. Hopefully he recovers quickly and can get prepared during the offseason for a good training camp. An improved MDZ could help the PP immensely.

NYRFAN218 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2011, 03:05 PM
94now

That's why he was demoted, it is possible to play, but not at NHL intensity level. He will be back next season, I am sure, doing well.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2011, 04:25 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
Had a hernia operation of my own about 10 years ago. Brutal. There's not going to be any Roberts' conditioning camp this summer, I can tell you that.
Didn't seem to help him this past year. I'd rather him focus on sculpting his game. Working on his shot, studying film, things of that nature.

Plus, us Italians need pasta power in order to thrive. Roberts deprived MDZ of his pasta for a whole summer, and we saw how it affected him.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2011, 04:32 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
I could be wrong but I don't think "sports hernias" are the same as regular hernias (inguinal hernias where your intestines threaten to collapse into your ballsack)
You're right...

Quote:
Sports hernia symptoms include groin pain along the low abdomen where the abdominal muscles connect with the pelvis and leg. Unlike a true hernia, there is no bulging. A sports hernia is a tear or weakness in these muscles.
http://www.sportsherniasouth.com/

And it seems as though MDZ did have this done.

Quote:
New York Rangers President and General Manager Glen Sather announced today that Michael Del Zotto underwent successful surgery to repair a sports hernia this morning.

The procedure was performed by Dr. William Meyers at the Riverview Surgical Center in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. He is expected to be ready for the start of training camp.
http://rangers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=561825

Last edited by vipernsx: 05-03-2011 at 04:38 PM.
vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2011, 06:42 PM
Swept In Seven
Disciple of The Zook

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiSnacks17 View Post
Didn't seem to help him this past year. I'd rather him focus on sculpting his game. Working on his shot, studying film, things of that nature.

Plus, us Italians need pasta power in order to thrive. Roberts deprived MDZ of his pasta for a whole summer, and we saw how it affected him.
Yeah Mario wouldnt be able to save the princess if he were forced to not eat spaghetti

Swept In Seven is offline   Reply With Quote