Notices

Flames have enough offense????

Closed Thread

Old
08-12-2005, 03:48 PM
Body Checker

vCash: 500
Flames have enough offense????

Do we have enough offense right now??? The way I see it it depends on Reinprecht coming back to be a 50 point guy and Kobasew parlaying his AHL stats to the NHL. And who will be our 2nd line center??? Yelle is a # 3 guy, Lombardi can only be depended on for 4th line duty this year due to his concussion. Do you think Marcus Nilson can be a #2 center or move him to 2nd line left wing and put Reinprecht in the #2 center slot? Vinny Damphousse or Peter Bondra i think would be good 2nd line wingers, Damphousse a little more craftier, Bondra a little faster. Or just leave it alone.............????

Old
08-12-2005, 03:55 PM
ryz

We have more offence than we did last year and we did just fine. Also, the Flames only let in 2 a game on average, so if they arerage 2.5 gf per game they will be in good shape. Vinny and Bondra don't fit with the Flames at all. NO to both of them.

Old
08-12-2005, 04:01 PM
Jessie Lumsden

We have Iginla. Any questions??

Old
08-12-2005, 07:24 PM
chriss_co

you can never have enough offense

its tough to say how much we have improved since most of our new guys are replacing guys we lost to free agency etc

i say we wait until preseason to see where this team stands... i do think our LW is a little weak still

Old
08-14-2005, 11:07 AM
Souray44

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriss_co

its tough to say how much we have improved since most of our new guys are replacing guys we lost to free agency etc

i say we wait until preseason to see where this team stands... i do think our LW is a little weak still
Mostly every teams LW is weak...not many Lucky Luc's around.

Old
08-14-2005, 12:28 PM
HuskyFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriss_co

IMO, LW is the weakest position in the NHL right now.

Old
08-14-2005, 01:49 PM
anguscertified
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick - Flames Fan
IMO, LW is the weakest position in the NHL right now.
Yep, there is a big drop-off after the elite players.. I would agree that its the weakest.

Old
08-14-2005, 02:27 PM
Hunter74

I think there are 2 ways to look at this question. 1 are you lookign form since teh last game played or from teh beginning of the last season played? Theres a big diffrerence since we picked up some players who havent played a full season wiht the Flames.

From our opening roster in '03-04 we have upgraded our roster by adding Nilson, Simon, Amonte, Langkow and McCarty with only subtracting Gelinas, McAmmond, Conroy, Saprykin and Clark. thats a pretty big improvemtn if you ask me.

But if you only look from the day after our last playoff game then its a little different. Then we would have only added Langkow, Amonte and McCarty and lost McCammond, Conroy, Gelinas, Clark and Saprykin.

Personally I feel the lose of Gelinas, McAmmond to be rather insignificant b/c they were winding down on there production and durability during the regular season. Saprykin is kinda a question mark b/c who knows how he does in Pheonix. Clark is nothing except a 4th liner energy guy who can chip in here and there. Hopefully Amonte can return to his old form but i have some doubts of wether thats possible. Though in Amontes diffence he still has his speed he used to have and unlike Gelinas Amonte has better finishing hands which means he will finish a hell of alot more plays than Gelinas did while with the Flames.

I still feel as though we could use one more scoring threat but I am willing to give the youngsters Kobasew and Lombardi another chance or 2 before bringing in someone more established. Hopefully Nilson can contribute more in the offensive department this season then he has so far in his career, he has the talent.

A healthy Reinprecht should go along way in helping the offense aswell.

Still a few question marks up front but a hell of alot less then previous years. Thank God.

Closed Thread