HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Colin Wilson?

Old
04-19-2011, 09:08 AM
Dodgie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Anyone questioning why Wilson is being sat now in the playoffs after playing in all 82 regular season games should realize this...this is the healthiest the team has been since the 7th game of the season when Goc was boarded by Backstrom and went down with an injury to his shoulder.
THIS^^
Ain't it great having depth AND health? (knock on wood)
I don't think we see Wilson unless we lose a forward to injury, and even then I think Dumont might even get the nod over Colin just because of his playoff experience.

Dodgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 12:13 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Its not just Wilson on the bench. Isn't O'Reilly healthy now as well? When he went down with injury, he was our 1st line center.....

Last edited by Enoch: 04-19-2011 at 12:32 PM.
Enoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 12:27 PM
Dodgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
Its not just Wilson on the bench. Isn't O'Reilly healthy now as well?
Yeah, Cal's been cleared to play too.
I guess it would depend on if we needed a Center or a Winger.

Dodgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 01:34 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgie View Post
Yeah, Cal's been cleared to play too.
I guess it would depend on if we needed a Center or a Winger.
exactly. for the first time ever we have NHL caliber players available instead of AHL callups (at least on offense)

hoping we have no injuries but also hoping we play long enough that it almost becomes inevitable...

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2011, 05:06 AM
hockeywoot

Huh, surprised to see him scratched.
I like to see how Cody Hodgson (our greatly overhyped prospect) compares
to his peers from his draft year.

How has Wilson been this year?
A main weakness that I see on the Preds depth chart is the lack of a true top centre man.

With Dumont off the books after next year, and Fisher the year after (Lombardi as well),
do you think he could be the guy?

Do you think Poile would consider moving a strong prospect (Ellis, Pickard) for an equally valued centre prospect?

hockeywoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2011, 07:26 AM
Fortheloveofthegame

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeywoot View Post

A main weakness that I see on the Preds depth chart is the lack of a true top centre man.

With Dumont off the books after next year, and Fisher the year after (Lombardi as well),

Do you think Poile would consider moving a strong prospect (Ellis, Pickard) for an equally valued centre prospect?
Are you talking about trading Hodgson for Ellis, Pickard? I am familiar with Hodgson and know he had a rough start last year having the back injury. Before the injury he was a "complete" player with pretty much the same aspects that Wilson had in Scouting reports etc. Wilson was bigger though.
Is Hodgson completely healthy now with no more back issues?

Fortheloveofthegame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2011, 09:16 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

I wouldn't move Ellis for Hodgson. Wilson is having growing pains, but he still put up 16 on limited icetime this year, and is thus more "proven" than Hodgson.

Even with Suter\Weber\Blum, I just can't see trading away a guy that's broken records at every level the way Ellis has.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2011, 09:27 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
I wouldn't move Ellis for Hodgson. Wilson is having growing pains, but he still put up 16 on limited icetime this year, and is thus more "proven" than Hodgson.

Even with Suter\Weber\Blum, I just can't see trading away a guy that's broken records at every level the way Ellis has.
I tend to agree, but I might heavily consider it. I think Ellis holds more value. However, at some point, I think it might be wise to deal from a strength. Top d prospect for a top forward prospect.

Old
05-03-2011, 10:02 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeywoot View Post

by that time Ellis will most likely be with the preds not a prospect.

I think its way too soon to speculate on what Poile will do. If fisher pans out I can see him getting extended another 3 years or so. And of course we have no idea what will become of Lombardi

Pickard is headed for washoutville, sadly. I doubt your GM would want him.

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2011, 12:01 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Fisher has two more years under contract at around 3.5ish per. No need to extend him.

Pickard does look like a bust, but lets not give up on him yet. Goalies have a long road to the NHL. Once upon a time Rinne was anything but a sure thing as well. Granted, he hasn't faced the lows Pickard has faced. Lets see what Korn can teach him this playoff run, and what he can do in camp next year. He is still incredibly talented and young to boot.

Old
05-03-2011, 03:53 PM
kakemono

I compare this to Suter being benched in the playoffs his first real year

kakemono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2011, 05:08 PM
lstcyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
Pickard does look like a bust, but lets not give up on him yet. Goalies have a long road to the NHL. Once upon a time Rinne was anything but a sure thing as well. Granted, he hasn't faced the lows Pickard has faced. Lets see what Korn can teach him this playoff run, and what he can do in camp next year. He is still incredibly talented and young to boot.
Heck, we thought Jeremy Smith would never amount to anything and now he's starting in the playoffs.

lstcyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2011, 11:18 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Wilson better be in the lineup Thursday

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2011, 11:32 PM
JussiM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a killer View Post
Who would you bench?

If Sully's hurt in any way then maybe Dumont's in. But yeah, dunno.

JussiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 12:06 AM
Fortheloveofthegame

Quote:
Originally Posted by JussiM View Post
Who would you bench?

If Sully's hurt in any way then maybe Dumont's in. But yeah, dunno.
Not sure who to pick? After watching most of your games, I would say that some of your "top" players...ie: Hornqvist, SK, have been absolutely invisible. Especially given the ice time 74 has had. I am not saying they should be benched but 74 looks scared out there. Lots of bad giveaways in the D and O zone.
I just think a message needs to be sent to them. Maybe a drop in lines?

Fortheloveofthegame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 01:08 AM
predfan24

SK has been awful. For some reason it's almost as if he believes he can keep playing at regular season intensity and that will still work. Horny isn't playing well but it's not from a lack of trying. I said it before and I'll say it again I want to see Dumont. Maybe Wilson as well. Perhaps being benched lit a fire under his butt.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 02:12 AM
NuxFan09

Came here to ask about Wilson. I figured because he hasn't been in the lineup, he must be injured. It's a shame he's been a healthy scratch.

Do you guys feel he's the likely 1st line franchise center of the future for Nashville or will we be seeing a lot of Fisher/Legwand/Lombardi as the top 2 centers in the near future?

NuxFan09 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 03:24 AM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan24 View Post
SK has been awful. For some reason it's almost as if he believes he can keep playing at regular season intensity and that will still work. Horny isn't playing well but it's not from a lack of trying. I said it before and I'll say it again I want to see Dumont. Maybe Wilson as well. Perhaps being benched lit a fire under his butt.
I agree. Not sure if he's been bad enough to warrant benching him, but he's got to turn up the intensity. He's still been great defensively, but we need his offense badly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NuxFan09 View Post
Came here to ask about Wilson. I figured because he hasn't been in the lineup, he must be injured. It's a shame he's been a healthy scratch.

Do you guys feel he's the likely 1st line franchise center of the future for Nashville or will we be seeing a lot of Fisher/Legwand/Lombardi as the top 2 centers in the near future?
He's been converted to a wing pretty much permanently at this point. Under most coaches and teams without depth, I don't think Wilson would be benched right now, but Trotz is very strict when it comes to work ethic. He still has tons of potential though and his projections remain the same IMO. He just needs to realize that playing in the NHL is a privilege not a right.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 08:33 AM
JussiM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwhiteandblue View Post
Not sure who to pick? After watching most of your games, I would say that some of your "top" players...ie: Hornqvist, SK, have been absolutely invisible. Especially given the ice time 74 has had. I am not saying they should be benched but 74 looks scared out there. Lots of bad giveaways in the D and O zone.
I just think a message needs to be sent to them. Maybe a drop in lines?
True enough. SK particularly hasn't look good in a while, he just looks so tentative out there? Sure he got rocked pretty good couple of times against Ducks but still, that can't be it. Has to be some sort of injury, otherwise it's awfully disappointing after such a great season.

Dunno about Hörnqvist. The effort is there, just no results. Maybe a lucky bounce or two might loosen him up enough to stop gripping the stick too hard.

JussiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 04:11 PM
AEM6729

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a killer View Post
Posted in the series thread that I just heard on the radio that Sully is out and we're leaning towards Wilson.

Question is, will Trotz really put him in, and if he does, will he truly roll 4 lines? I'm sick of our 4th line being handicapped by an older player who can only play 5-7 minutes per game. But even if a guy who can play real minutes is in there, will Trotz trust them enough to give them decent minutes and roll all 4 lines? Geoffrion only played 5 minutes and change last night as well.

Also I wouldn't mind benching Ward to get both Wilson and JP in there. Sure he scored last night but besides that he totally sucked.

AEM6729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 11:10 AM
deanwormer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEM6729 View Post
Also I wouldn't mind benching Ward to get both Wilson and JP in there. Sure he scored last night but besides that he totally sucked.
Amen. That goal was nice, but Ward rivals SK for disappointment in this series. I hope Wilson plays well tonight and earns a spot for game 5.

Wouldn't mind seeing JP then, too, for one of these guys if they don't play much better. You can alternate JP/Hals/Willy on the line with either line, depending on what kinda' mix you're looking for. (I'd take that tonight, but it doesn't look like Trotzy is ready to play JP, much less bench Ward)

deanwormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 03:29 PM
usahockey22flyers
Classic Coburn...

Colin Wilson is in for tonight! Hoping for a good game out of him!

usahockey22flyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 03:50 PM
Everlong
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by usahockey22flyers View Post
Colin Wilson is in for tonight! Hoping for a good game out of him!
Link?

Everlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 04:03 PM
utmfisher19

Send a message via AIM to utmfisher19 Send a message via MSN to utmfisher19 Send a message via Yahoo to utmfisher19
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxClearTheCreasexx View Post
Link?
Trotz media interview at practice.

utmfisher19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 04:10 PM
AEM6729

Willy has been freed!!!!!!! WOOHOO!

AEM6729 is offline   Reply With Quote