HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

15th pick to the Leafs

Old
05-04-2011, 02:00 AM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

vCash: 500
15th pick to the Leafs

Is there anyway to pry the 15th pick from the Rangers either outright or in a move up situation? I know Burke has said he wants to pick AT LEAST twice in the 1st 2 rounds that does not neccessarily mean that he wouldn't want to acquire another 1st rounder.

It is also known that the two General Mangers are very close friends Burke talks about that all the time he likes to calll Sather and ask for his imput on trades.

with that in mindf if they were to hook up on a trade for the 15th pick what do you think the deal would look like?

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 02:20 AM
TrollololBoyle

I have no idea, the Rangers and Leafs basically want/need the same things.

What would you offer? We don't need goalies or defense, we need skilled top 6 forwards.

Last edited by TrollololBoyle: 05-04-2011 at 02:30 AM.
TrollololBoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 05:59 AM
nmbr_24

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
Is there anyway to pry the 15th pick from the Rangers either outright or in a move up situation? I know Burke has said he wants to pick AT LEAST twice in the 1st 2 rounds that does not neccessarily mean that he wouldn't want to acquire another 1st rounder.

It is also known that the two General Mangers are very close friends Burke talks about that all the time he likes to calll Sather and ask for his imput on trades.

with that in mindf if they were to hook up on a trade for the 15th pick what do you think the deal would look like?
Most of what I have read says that the players that will be available in the draft from 10th to 40th are pretty even.

Don't the Leafs already have 3 picks within the top 40?

If what I have read really is the case, I don't see why the Leafs would even try to trade up to #15. #1-#9 is a different story, but even then these guys aren't supposed to be as far apart as it has been in past drafts.

I don't see the need to move up unless they have their eyes on a particular player.

nmbr_24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 08:13 AM
Mansfield
possession obsession

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmbr_24 View Post
Most of what I have read says that the players that will be available in the draft from 10th to 40th are pretty even.

Don't the Leafs already have 3 picks within the top 40?

If what I have read really is the case, I don't see why the Leafs would even try to trade up to #15. #1-#9 is a different story, but even then these guys aren't supposed to be as far apart as it has been in past drafts.

I don't see the need to move up unless they have their eyes on a particular player.
This guy's got it right. Absolutely no point going for #15 unless they want someone specific, which they don't.

Plus, NYR would want exactly what TOR doesn't have much of, top six guys.

Mansfield is offline   Reply With Quote