HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Islanders 3rd jersey for next season

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-04-2011, 12:09 AM
  #76
malPHONEY
Registered User
 
malPHONEY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: LI
Country: United States
Posts: 2,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHorse View Post
Nice job by you, but the jersey itself is just regular Islanders but without color.

What's the appeal to robbing one of the best parts of the jersey--blue, white, and orange?

malPHONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 12:15 AM
  #77
DarkHorse
Go Banana!
 
DarkHorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 3,029
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by malPHONEY View Post
Nice job by you, but the jersey itself is just regular Islanders but without color.

What's the appeal to robbing one of the best parts of the jersey--blue, white, and orange?
Easy. I learned at the foot of Sir Rev. Stephen Colbert DDS. This is... Islanders Platinum.

DarkHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 12:32 AM
  #78
LAIslanderFan
Registered User
 
LAIslanderFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 2,784
vCash: 500
Since we're all ready to give up on true Islander colors, how about red, white and blue like the rangers jerseys, only with an Islander logo?

Does anyone see my point yet?

LAIslanderFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 03:01 AM
  #79
TheBoss22
Registered User
 
TheBoss22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 1,765
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAIslanderFan View Post
Since we're all ready to give up on true Islander colors, how about red, white and blue like the rangers jerseys, only with an Islander logo?

Does anyone see my point yet?
Having the same colour scheme as the Bloody Rags would be worse than an all Black Jersey with a Fork piercing through a Fishstick for a logo.

I don't see your point.

TheBoss22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 03:08 AM
  #80
LAIslanderFan
Registered User
 
LAIslanderFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 2,784
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoss22 View Post
Having the same colour scheme as the Bloody Rags would be worse than an all Black Jersey with a Fork piercing through a Fishstick for a logo.

I don't see your point.
My point is that teams are identified by their colors as well as their logo. If team colors no longer matter, then red, white and blue is just as good as black. How about red and white like the Red Wings? Black and yellow like the Bruins?

LAIslanderFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 07:19 AM
  #81
Halakness Monster
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Dirty O
Country: United States
Posts: 1,086
vCash: 500
What about a silver color base, still incorporating our blue and orange? Just spitballing ideas here, have no computer talent to render an image.

Halakness Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 08:18 AM
  #82
DarkHorse
Go Banana!
 
DarkHorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 3,029
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAIslanderFan View Post
My point is that teams are identified by their colors as well as their logo. If team colors no longer matter, then red, white and blue is just as good as black. How about red and white like the Red Wings? Black and yellow like the Bruins?
The thing is, this would be an alternate jersey. We'd wear it for maybe 15 games. It's to sell jerseys and look different. It doesn't change our team identity. It just needs to look cool.

DarkHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 08:48 AM
  #83
Islanders1932
Registered User
 
Islanders1932's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 4,539
vCash: 500
Why not be unique and do something no other team has. Since clearly we don't like blue and orange, lets go pink and purple

Islanders1932 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 11:38 AM
  #84
PROMputt
God,Family,Islanders
 
PROMputt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: East Islip, LI
Country: United States
Posts: 1,691
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Law View Post
Uggh, hope the black jersey thing is a bad rumor.

What about something that maybe incorporates a little of every jersey in a tasteful way...


Traditional Jersey - color scheme (no black!)
Fisherman Jersey - slightly revised Lighthouse with the old school script 'Islanders'
First Edge Jersey - sleeves (but blue, not orange)
This is a winner

PROMputt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 12:31 PM
  #85
beLIever
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 322
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by malPHONEY View Post
Nice job by you, but the jersey itself is just regular Islanders but without color.

What's the appeal to robbing one of the best parts of the jersey--blue, white, and orange?
I like the black and white, but come on, this is the Islanders we're talking about. Does anyone really think they will entirely re-outfit the team with pants, gloves, etc to match an an alternate jersey? Whatever it is, it needs to go with the already existing equipment...

beLIever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 06:02 PM
  #86
Law
Registered User
 
Law's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Miami, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 7,212
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Law
Threw together a few more logo and shoulder patch designs. Think something nautical would really work well for the Isles. I especially like the anchor as a shoulder patch or some form of secondary logo.


Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 06:34 PM
  #87
Isles Enforcer
Registered User
 
Isles Enforcer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 2,868
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Isles Enforcer Send a message via Yahoo to Isles Enforcer
Law = WIN!

Isles Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 06:45 PM
  #88
Isles Junkie
Registered User
 
Isles Junkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 8,161
vCash: 500
Black? WTF? Is this 1996.

Isles Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 10:16 PM
  #89
LAIslanderFan
Registered User
 
LAIslanderFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 2,784
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Law View Post
Threw together a few more logo and shoulder patch designs. Think something nautical would really work well for the Isles. I especially like the anchor as a shoulder patch or some form of secondary logo.

I like the lighthouse jersey with an achor on the shoulder.

Suggestion: Some teams have been using their geographic area on the jersey instead of the team nickname. I know the Avalanche have COLORADO spelled out on one of their jerseys. I notice the Sabres have included BUFFALO on their 3rd jersey.

Instead of spelling out ISLANDERS, would the Islanders consider NEW YORK spelled out or even LONG ISLAND spelled out in some fashion.

LAIslanderFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 10:37 PM
  #90
Dutch Frost
Battle Level
 
Dutch Frost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Queens, NY
Posts: 2,754
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Law View Post
Threw together a few more logo and shoulder patch designs. Think something nautical would really work well for the Isles. I especially like the anchor as a shoulder patch or some form of secondary logo.

These logos remind me of this



Lets the Fish sticks chants begin

Dutch Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 10:47 PM
  #91
Isles Junkie
Registered User
 
Isles Junkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 8,161
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanof31 View Post
I like the black and white, but come on, this is the Islanders we're talking about. Does anyone really think they will entirely re-outfit the team with pants, gloves, etc to match an an alternate jersey? Whatever it is, it needs to go with the already existing equipment...
They did when the Royal Blue was an alternate.

Isles Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 12:00 AM
  #92
Isles Junkie
Registered User
 
Isles Junkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 8,161
vCash: 500


Someone posted those on another forum I go to. I like it

Isles Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 12:38 AM
  #93
OlTimeHockey
Registered User
 
OlTimeHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: home
Country: China
Posts: 15,963
vCash: 500
I have a great idea for a jersey!!!

No, really! Take the colors of Nassau county, put a Long Island map on it and write 'Islanders' in an arc underneath and viola! The perfect jersey!!!!

THERE'S MORE!

To include the rest of the state, put "NY above it. and maybe, just maybe, you could make the Y into a pseudo hockey stick to lend the sport to the logo?

I'll accept emails for any further opinions on this but this is as good as one could dream of a jersey being.

I dare say, it's PERFECT!

We can leave it at this when I'm through and any new jersey concepts could be spun as money grabs not serious or intended for the dignity or character of said intent.

OlTimeHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 01:33 AM
  #94
LAIslanderFan
Registered User
 
LAIslanderFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 2,784
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlTimeHockey View Post
I have a great idea for a jersey!!!

No, really! Take the colors of Nassau county, put a Long Island map on it and write 'Islanders' in an arc underneath and viola! The perfect jersey!!!!

THERE'S MORE!

To include the rest of the state, put "NY above it. and maybe, just maybe, you could make the Y into a pseudo hockey stick to lend the sport to the logo?

I'll accept emails for any further opinions on this but this is as good as one could dream of a jersey being.

I dare say, it's PERFECT!

We can leave it at this when I'm through and any new jersey concepts could be spun as money grabs not serious or intended for the dignity or character of said intent.
Not bad, but if you're going to have a pseudo hockey stick on the emblem, shouldn't you include a puck as well?

LAIslanderFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 01:53 AM
  #95
Isles Junkie
Registered User
 
Isles Junkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 8,161
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlTimeHockey View Post
I have a great idea for a jersey!!!

No, really! Take the colors of Nassau county, put a Long Island map on it and write 'Islanders' in an arc underneath and viola! The perfect jersey!!!!

THERE'S MORE!

To include the rest of the state, put "NY above it. and maybe, just maybe, you could make the Y into a pseudo hockey stick to lend the sport to the logo?

I'll accept emails for any further opinions on this but this is as good as one could dream of a jersey being.

I dare say, it's PERFECT!

We can leave it at this when I'm through and any new jersey concepts could be spun as money grabs not serious or intended for the dignity or character of said intent.


Jersey concepts are always fun threads. don't be such a sour puss.

Isles Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 01:56 AM
  #96
OlTimeHockey
Registered User
 
OlTimeHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: home
Country: China
Posts: 15,963
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAIslanderFan View Post
Not bad, but if you're going to have a pseudo hockey stick on the emblem, shouldn't you include a puck as well?
I will share credit with you, good sir.

OlTimeHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 01:59 AM
  #97
OlTimeHockey
Registered User
 
OlTimeHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: home
Country: China
Posts: 15,963
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isle Junkie View Post


Jersey concepts are always fun threads. don't be such a sour puss.
It ain't the threads on the message boards....it's the threads on my players I dislike messing with.

(I like Law's anchor. Looks cool AND HOW COOL TO HAVE WHEN GORDON WAS COACH? (Snow's tenure maybe we could have a draft podium emblem?))

OlTimeHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 02:18 AM
  #98
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 111,226
vCash: 50
Just reading this thread

I would say wait and see. When Hawks went with our black 3rd alot of people were not in favor of it but it worked real well



I and alot of Hawk fans miss these as our 3rd jerseys

Are new 3rd's suck

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 02:50 AM
  #99
OlTimeHockey
Registered User
 
OlTimeHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: home
Country: China
Posts: 15,963
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Just reading this thread

I would say wait and see. When Hawks went with our black 3rd alot of people were not in favor of it but it worked real well



I and alot of Hawk fans miss these as our 3rd jerseys

Are new 3rd's suck
MAN I MUST BE OLD SCHOOL!

I liked the black third but nothing beats that rich red away jersey (home if you're Gary Bettman with a basketball) you guys have had forever. It's just one of the best in sports - better than Yankee pinstripes IMHO.

And I'm still shocked some lawyer didn't get the logo changed on you/us.

OlTimeHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 06:19 AM
  #100
Gleb2006
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 302
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isle Junkie View Post


Someone posted those on another forum I go to. I like it
I like it as well, its quite nice

Gleb2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:50 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.