HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

Where does Ottawa finish the 2011-12?

View Poll Results: Where will Ottawa be drafting in 2012
1-5 10 9.62%
6-10 26 25.00%
11-15 30 28.85%
16-20 24 23.08%
20+ 14 13.46%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Old
05-04-2011, 02:31 PM
SpezDispenser

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraboOno View Post
I hate to say it but I think a realistic finish for you guys would be 27th-30th.

Alfredsson is old and broken now(no where near what he used to be)...Anderson only had 1 good season playing for the Av's, Spezza is a very overated and not the answer for you guys, you have a team full of inexperienced players and rookies(Butler,Shannon,Regin,Lee, to name a few), you do not have your heart and soul player anymore(Fisher), the few top 6 forwards you have are injury prone, Karlsson is your only bright spot on defense(phillips,gonchar and Kuba aren't that good anymore).....And this team does not even have a coach signed yet.

Flame all you want, but at the end of the day you can't deny anything that I listed, they just are FACTS.....give your team another two or three years of stockpiling picks and it could be a good competitive team again.
I think we have too many heart and soul guys personally. Winchester, Michalek (who's got a ton of heart when healthy), Z.Smith, Greening, Condra. What we lack is skill for Spezza - who I disagree with you on in a big, big way. I think Spezza's game since the beginning of last year has been a revelation. We could see it coming, he was getting tougher to play against, but now he's really taking pride in not only his play with the puck, but his play away from it. I urge you to continue to watch him evolve, he's been great.

As for Alfredsson, I begrudgingly agree, he looks used up.

Anderson has an amazing year for the Avs last year and was rock solid for Florida as well. This year was a terrible one for him, he got injured, had contract issues, wasn't his normal self, but when he came here he was awesome.

I think 27-30 is harsh - although, I'm not prepared to argue too much at this point. I think we're coming in 11th in the East after a long, hard year of trying to make 8. So 22-25th in the NHL is my guess, but that's also because the West is so much stronger.

SpezDispenser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 02:46 PM
CanadianHockey
Smith - Alfie

vCash: 2391
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
Can we at least see the moves Murray makes in the off-season first?
To add to that: every roster will change between now and next season.

Edit - To be honest, I don't care where we end up next season. If we absolutely suck... Yakupov is quite the reward. If we play lights out, the guys get experience. There's really no 'lose' scenario in my opinion.

CanadianHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 02:56 PM
Smeddy
Intangibles

vCash: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianHockey View Post
To add to that: every roster will change between now and next season.

Edit - To be honest, I don't care where we end up next season. If we absolutely suck... Yakupov is quite the reward. If we play lights out, the guys get experience. There's really no 'lose' scenario in my opinion.
Finishing 9th would kinda suck.... Other than that, I'm pumped either way for next season.

Smeddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 03:02 PM
Stick To Your Guns

vCash: 500
10th

Stick To Your Guns is offline   Reply With Quote